Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Corolla Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Options
    pointx2ypointx2y Member Posts: 4
    $15K OTD Corolla LE(-$500, if you finance thru Toyota). MSRP $18K - $4+K plus 6%tax+tag+title etc OTD of $15K.Darcars SS & Frederick. I understand Russell Toyota, Bill Kidds Toyota and Antwerpen may also match these! Buy now, help improve the economy, help Toyota, help yourself & enjoy the ride!
  • Options
    beantownbeantown Member Posts: 228
    Boch Toyota in Mass is currently offering the following choice:

Toyota Corolla LE with EVP 1, All weather package, and floor mats....MSRP of $18,060, invoice of $16,521

1. Purchase for $13,750
    or
    2. Lease for $99 a month with $2,000 down.

Both deals would come with the 2 years of free scheduled maintenance.

Any opinions on which is the better deal, which way you would go? I drive approx 8,000 miles a year.
  • Options
    superman12superman12 Member Posts: 22
    lease offer is great. buying price $13750 also great deal. you will not go wrong in making either one of the deal. lease is $99 for 3 years is $3600+$2000 equals $5600 for 3 years, not bad.
  • Options
    bjacksonbjackson Member Posts: 6
    I have been reading on this forum about people buying the Corolla LE for $5000 off MSRP including rebates. I am in the market for a new Corolla LE but the best deals I am being offered are $3000 off MSRP and 2/3 of that is due to Toyota rebate. Can anyone suggest a dealer in Houston, TX that is offering better prices?

Thanks
  • Options
    bjackson, i purchased at joemyerstoyota, got $4605 off from msrp. even fredhaastoyotacountry also advertise the same price
  • Options
    franklwfranklw Member Posts: 46
    Wow...You are doing well in Texas, I am in So. Cal, I sent out requests for 2010 Corolla LE MSRP $18060.00 and the best I have got so far was $14,995; one guy even gave me $17593 before tax, ttl (which ended up $50 above MSRP if you factor in $500 rebate). Anyone in So. Cal has done better lately, please help me out. Thanks
  • Options
    igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    I hope one of the leads that superman12 gave you will work out for you! It sounds like he got a great deal...

Just FYI- Edmunds True Market Value (TMV) for a Corolla LE (w/ LE Value Pkg) is $14,498 after $2k incentives. That is $3212 off MSRP. I used a Houston zip code to get an accurate figure for your location.

TrueCar.com shows their "Great Price" as $14,459, a savings of $3361 off MSRP. Again, I used a Houston zip code for the most accurate info.

Unfortunately, TrueCar doesn't have any Certified Dealers in the Houston area. That means there are no "Lowest Certified Price" quotes from affiliated dealers.

When I plugged in my Atlanta area zip code, the Great Price was significantly higher at $15,659. BUT there were three offers from Certified Dealers at the following prices- $12,836, $13,261 and $13,263. Obviously there are some pretty awesome deals to be had in Atlanta. Hopefully you'll find one in Houston with similar savings!

Good luck!
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • Options
    igozoomzoom, that was a good tip explaining about certified dealer price...i did not know about this...
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Part of the problem is Texas law states that only dealers can provide vehicle prices, thus sites like Truecar, USAA and others are of limited value compared to other states. Just a guess but the state automobile dealership association must have some pull as they also eliminated the $50.00 cap on document fees.
  • Options
    in houston, sep 04th and 05th joemyers giving $5000 off on camry and corolla le. pls visit their website, go to specials and see final labor day weekend ad. everything is clear on that page. they will honor those price. please try to visit on friday as saturday they will be very busy
  • Options
    bjackson, see this newspaper ad or website of joemyerstoyota...print the deal, they should honor
  • Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    I've seen some XLE's lately with and without the alloys and it's a sharp looking ride. The S model with the alloys is nice also. If I didn't like my Civic so much, I'd be tempted to jump ship. And was wondering if Toyota has fixed the mushy brake pedal feel in their newer models? We haven't had a Toyota product since 2003 and rally hated the brake pedals on the 4 Toyota's that we previously drove. That would be a deal breaker if they haven't improved that unsafe feeling.

The wife will be in the market for a 2012 model car and we'll definitely want to try out the Corolla when we test drive. I do like the looks of the Corolla but with the new Elantra & a new Civic due out that year, they'll be plenty of competition for us to look at. And if I'm not mistaken, won't stability control be a standard feature on all 2012 models?

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    sridefendersridefender Member Posts: 6
    16 K "OUT THE DOOR" price for 2010 Corolla LE (includes Optional Package 1) + Tag

Is it really worth for this price? I'm located at Tampa, FL and this will be my first vehicle.
  • Options
    ulbhpyulbhpy Member Posts: 2
    Not in my opinion. Superman12 bought in Houston for $14400 driveout for the same vehicle and options & that was nearly a month ago. So paying anything more now does not make sense. Even if you are in a crunch paying more than $15000 driveout is not a good idea. Send emails to internet departments of several toyota dealers in your area including ones about 50m away & start from there to negotiate down.
  • Options
    vs77vs77 Member Posts: 24
    did you buy the car? i am in chicago too and am looking to buy a corolla. let me know your deal.
  • Options
    jackizmejackizme Member Posts: 5
    If you really think you can buy a new untitled 2010 Toyota Corolla LE with MSRP of $18060 for $13750.... I've got some swamp land to sell you!!! Remember these are just discussions and I've yet to see someone come up with a purchase order from a legitimate dealer. No dealer is going to sell you a car and loose thousands to make the sale, you're not that special... There are some great deals and great leases but remember if: if it sounds too good to be true... it's too good to be true! Don't be a sucker!!!
  • Options
    jackizmejackizme Member Posts: 5
    Superman12 is playing you for a sucker... He didn't buy for $14400 drive out. to make believe that he did, he'll have to post a copy of his purchase order... which did can't because he didn't... he's trying to make you all feel like fools for paying what you did, even when you got a good deal!!!
  • Options
    bjacksonbjackson Member Posts: 6
    I bought a 2010 Corolla LE with EVP and Floor Mats for $15,300 Out the Door. Best deal I could find in Houston. Had many dealers that said they could not touch that price. While some dealers are advertising $4000/$5000 off MSRP, they are only on one or two select models that magically have "already been sold". Not sure how that compares to everyone else's experience but I couldn't seem to get any lower.
  • Options
    Hi,

I didn't get any better deal other than that. I'm also looking for Toyota Elantra GLS model which is equivalent to Corolla LE. In Tampa, Elantra is coming for OTD price if I take the finance through Hyundai (0% APR for 48 Months.) If not, the cost will be $15K. They didn't included any additional accessories like Spoiler, Carpets etc. for me.

Anyway it's also costs around $16K. It includes new tag. May be I can get it for $15K if I Digg further...

Based on my research, new car prices are reduced.
  • Options
    Hello jackizme, My intention was not to play games and like any other buyer i used to google for best deals. After buying my corolla, i thought i should share with everyone so they know how much you can negotiate. If i was playing why should i tell it is in houston and give dealership name and ask you to check for specials. However i cannot show my purchase order due to privacy, iam sure this message will not be helpful to you as you dont believe. infact through this forum, one drove from austin and purchased the car.
  • Options
    ddpstcddpstc Member Posts: 44
    I am shopping for a new Corolla LE. What is the best price that I can get at a dealer in Minneapolis St Paul, Minnesota? Please let me know the dealer name. Thanks
  • Options
    biffprestonbiffpreston Member Posts: 59
    edited September 2010
    The electric steering in my Corolla is absolutely Godawful. Road handling on these new Corollas is extremely bad. Making sharp turns and maneuvering the car is difficult to impossible depending on what speed your moving. Do a side by side comparison between the new Corolla and some other cas like the Civic and Mazda 3. See if the Corolla can even make sharp turns. See if the new Corolla can stay n a straight line on te highway. There is no fix for these problems either and the electric steering cannot be "tuned" any old way you want it either. That's a misconception.
  • Options
    ovyboxovybox Member Posts: 21
    Hey,

We are having a similar discussion in the Nissan Sentra forums. I also suspect it is the Electric Power Steering that is giving us all this discomfort. They replaced the rack and steering on mine with no visible improvement. It is a design problem, not a problem which some mechanic reading a maintenance manual can fix. Like you say, it is probable bad quality EPS systems.
    Over in the Sentra forums we found only one solution: stay away from Nissan. After reading this forum, I'll stay away from Corolla too. Maybe I'll start walking goddamit. :mad:
  • Options
    I think you got the best deal for a 2010 car that was made after the recall. The reason that others paid less before August was because the Corollas made before May-June 2010 time were recalled and dealers had to retrofit/refurbish floor mats and gas pedals for their inventory. Today there are still a few old refurbished/retrofited cars that Toyota made and dealers put them on clearance for less than what you paid. However, the cars made after the recall are sold for more maybe because of higher Japanese yen and the willingness to pay a bit more from customers for the non-recalled cars.
  • Options
    A local dealer here in the Atlanta area (Marietta Toyota) has three Corolla LEs with the EVP (keyless entry, cruise) and carpet mats with a MSRP of $18,034. They have them priced at $13,975 and quoted me, in writing, a drive out of $14,622.50 including 6% sales tax and title fee. I'm not planning to buy one, but for anyone wanting a new Corolla, the price is fantastic!
  • Options
    This is a great deal. Here in Minnesota, the lowest quote that I received from several dealers in the area for a LE with keyless and cruise is $15,700 plus 6.5% tax and license fees, about $1,800 more than the price at Marietta Toyota Atlanta. Too bad that the distance Atlanta-Minneapolis is about 1,150 miles, too far for me to drive it home. Have it shipped from there would be too costly,.
  • Options
    How are the prices for the XLE models? Personally like the extras that come in that car especially the nicer alloys. Also like the S model with the alloys...just looks so much nicer than the plain looking LE models. Just curious what folks are paying for these.

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    I finally agreed to buy a corolla at $15,700 plus tax and license and after $1000 rebate (for $1500 rebate in Texas, the price would be $15,300). The dealer kicked in free oil changes for 2 years or 25,000 miles so I may save about $150 for the 5 oil changes. Since the dealer does not have the desert sand color, the salesman has to pull it from another dealer and I will pick up the car on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Here are the details of the Corolla that I bought:
    Corolla LE with Cruise, Keyless, CD with 6 discs, and floor mats. Edmunds MSRP in Minnesota at $18,300, Dealer invoice at $16,701 less !,000 rabate $15,701. With dealer's holdback of $370 the net dealer cost would be $15,431. I paid $15,700.
  • Options
    pointx2ypointx2y Member Posts: 4
    I agree, steering is not good on the new Corolla. I thought it will go away after awhile, but looking at your experiences, may be better I learn to live with i! Steering is great and smooth when you are pulling it out of parking lot. I thought that is when surplus engine power is available, since nothing much is being used for moving the vehicle. Once the corolla starts speeding, you get nothing for steering. That is what I was thinking! Are you guys also terribly sluggish when starting at traffic signal? Visibility for reversing is poor (nothing new)!

All in all, it is not an exciting car - height is good, the flat surface in the rear passenger is good, driver seat adjustments are god. Other than those, the new Corolla is not very exciting!

The best steering I have experienced so far is on Sonatas!
  • Options
    Most folks don't buy a Corolla for any kind of driving excitement...rather for the reliability and fuel numbers. Fun isn't a variable when describing this car. Have had 2 over the years and were great appliances. If I bought today, I'd probably get the XLE or the S model, as I prefer the extra's like alloys & upgraded sound systems. Prefer the looks of my '06 Civic LX better but one never knows what I'll look at a few years down the road.

I only put about 7k/year now but with retirement starting the beginning of 2011, that figure will decrease down to about 3k or 3.5 k, so my time frame for a new ride will be at least 5 to 6 years down the road. By then, there will be new generations of Toyota's & Honda's as well as all the other brands. Since I like this size of car, won't go any smaller guaranteed. The new Elantra & Cruze will also be on my short list. Can't wait!

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

• Options
    Thanks to the Extra Value Package, the Corolla S has the most features for the money. The EVP only costs $355 and it includes the same exact features found in the Sport Package priced at $1,495. I'd say $355 is a steal for 16" alloys, rear spoiler, cruise control, keyless entry and power windows. The MSRP with the EVP is $18,465. For comparison sake, the LE with the optional 16" alloys (which cost

The XLE has an MSRP of $19,150 after adding $410 for the alloy wheels and $230 cruise control & auto climate control (also called an EVP). The XLE also has woodgrain interior trim instead of the "metallic-style" trim used in the LE and S models. Personally, I think it looks HIDEOUS, but I even hate REAL wood trim in most cars, so I'm biased. Toyota does offer a woodgrain trim kit as an accessory for the lesser models. The XLE also has the same seat fabric found the LE, but the S has the same 'unique sport interior fabric' used in the XRS. The LE/XLE material reminds me of velour...I'll leave it at that.

Now that I think about it, it's pretty lame that power windows and keyless entry aren't standard to begin with!?!? And cruise control isn't standard even on the XLE! On the $21k XRS, power windows and keyless entry aren't standard- they come in a $560 Power Package. I seriously doubt that any XLEs are built without the cruise option or XRSs without the Power Package, but why make it so convoluted??? Anyway..

It's amazing how much nicer the 16" alloys look. I hate to say it, but the wheel covers on the base/LE really make the car look cheap...even the wheel covers on the $9990 Nissan Versa 1.6 look nicer!
  • Options
    This is a marketing strategy of Toyota. It does not want Corolla to compete head on with Camry and Prius. If people want a Camry they have to pay $3,000-4,000 more, If they want a Prius they have to pay $5,000-6,000 more. With the potentially high cost of gasoline ($4 to 5$/gal when the economy picks up steam) a 32-38 MPG corolla at 15-16 K is a good choice.Adding $ 5,500 more you can get a 50 MPG Prius, but istead of spending extra $5,500 for a Prius, you can buy 2,000 gallons of gasoline (70,000 Corolla miles).
    For a Camry, you will pay more for the car and gasoline.
  • Options
    dinoddinod Member Posts: 4
    Purchased a 2010 Toyota Corolla LE 1.8 Liter 4 cyl DOHC with 4 spped auto transmission for price of $13800.00 excluding tax and tags. Car has cruise control, power windows, power mirrors, remote less key entry with key transmitter, telescopic and tilt steering, ac, am/fm/cd player, floor mats.

Just wondering if forum thinks I got a good deal. Didn't really compete dealers against each other very much. Feel like I could have realized further reduction in price but didn't have time to deal one more day as I needed immediate transportation.
  • Options
    This is the best price, it even beats the price offered in Atlanta. What dealer and the city where you get it from? May be others can go there to get one.
  • Options
    Bought in Marietta GA

I actually paid 13800 but that included a 599.00 doc fee that the dealer charged.

They wouldnt come off the price any more. But I think if I could have waited longer I could have gotten the deal at around 15,500.00 Dont care at this point. Ithink i got a great deal. Love the car so far. Over 300 miles on half tank of petro.
  • Options
    I am a bit confused about the actual price that you paid before taxes and license. Did you pay $13,200 for the car plus 599 doc fee for a total of $13,800 or 13,800 plus 599 for a total of $14,400 before taxes and license? Which number, $13,800 or $14,400?
    Furthermore, $13,800 is less than $15,500 so why should you wait longer to pay $15,500 if you could pay $13,800 today?
    Because of the recall in March-June, Toyota still has a lot of old inventory to sell, so they may have to give more cash rebate money in October, before arrival of 2011 model, but the good choice cars (color, options, cars made in Japan that don't have the American made gas pedal) may be gone by then.
  • Options
    It turned out that the desert sand color that I was looking for is not available and thus the dealer sold me a red wine color for $15,500. It was made in Japan with Bridgestone tires. The only thing I don't like about corrolla is the donut spare tire. I thought the donut spare tire disapeared.
  • Options
    I can see why you are confused lol

I paid 13200.00 for the car plus a doc fee of 600.00 so my total cost for the car was 13,800.00. I told them I pay tax and tags on my own to take that factor out of the equation.

Disregard the 15500...that should have been 13500.00

I got a Silver car with gray interior.

Hope that clears things up. Sorry
  • Options
    I've received OTD price of $15,641 for the Corolla LE. It includes new Tag. Is it worth? I'm in Tampa Bay area. Thanks.
  • Options
    txgirl77txgirl77 Member Posts: 10
    Hello there,

I am from Houston and received a quote for $13,500 for Toyota Corolla LE with EVP (made in Japan). The OTD price comes to $14,600. Is that a good price or do you think it will come even more down next month?
  • Options
    I think thats an awesome price and dont hink you could go much lower.

I paid 13800 for a Corolla the other day and absolutely love the car. I think I could have gotten the car at 13500 but didnt have a lot of time nor patience. Just wanted to get the buying process over and 300.00 wasnt that big a deal. I love the car so far.
  • Options
    Wow, this is $2,000 below what I paid in Minnesota. People who look for a corolla in Minnesota should take a vacation in Houston then get the car there and drive it home. For 1,000 miles driving from Houston to MN, the car will use about 300 gallons of gasoline or about $750. Just wonder why there is such a big difference in price?
  • Options
    Thats a great price, you should go for it, which dealer in houston?
  • Options
    The following list of current cash incentives available on the Corolla helps explain the pricing differences-

CUSTOMER INCENTIVES (thru 10/4/10)

$1500 Cash- Gulf States Region
    $1000 Cash- Chicago Region
    $1000 Cash- Denver Region
    $750 Cash- Central Atlantic, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Portland and San Frandcisco Regions

SUPPLEMENTAL CUSTOMER INCENTIVE

$500 Bonus Cash- Gulf States Region
  • Options
    The other day I drove my new Corolla home and noticed that the engine ran over 3000 RPM at 60 MPH on highway. It turned out that I accidentally put the new car in the 3rd gear because the shift position 3 and D are in the same slot, a slight move to the left will move the gear to 3 rather than D. Thinking that 3 and D are the same gear, I kept driving on for the rest of the trip. At home I had read the manual over and discovered that the D gear is what I should have.
    This is a bad design from Toyota engineers for Corolla because new Corolla owners and Corolla car rental drivers may accidentally drive at 3rd year for their first trip. Toyota should have create a separate slot for D gear like P N and R rather than have the 3 and D in the same gear slot. If Toyota wants to save money on gear shift positions it should combine 3 and 2 in the same slot rather than having 3 and D in the same slot.
  • Options
    txgirl77txgirl77 Member Posts: 10
    Hi everyone, thanks for all your input. I went ahead and bought the 2010 Toyota Corolla (Japan) with EVP and floor mats for $14,612 OTD. Also, I didn't know this ahead of time but we also got free 2 year oil and filter service on top of the great price. I am very happy with the purchase and so far enjoying the drive.

Thanks again for all your inputs.
  • Options
    ailywinailywin Member Posts: 5
    Hi txgirl77,

14.6K OTD is the great best deal. Can you tell me which dealer you purchased the car from? I've been trying to get this deal and can't get them to come to any lower then 16K OTD. You have got the best deal.

Thank you so much if you can share the dealer name.
  • Options
    No reply from txgirl about the name of the dealer.????
  • Options
    Did you take a look at the Manufacturing date of your car? It is located at the driver side front door step. I notice that Toyota still has a lot of 2010 Corolla made before March 2010 in the dealer lots. These cars are recalled and fixed at dealers and thus some dealers may give deep discounts to these cars.