Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Passat CC Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
edited August 2014 in Volkswagen
Tell us about buying your new Passat CC!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• miamiccmiamicc Member Posts: 6
    Like I posted before, I leased my CC for 39 months, $2k down, 15k miles with a $5k insurance at the end to cover any charges for wear and tear. With taxes and all, my payment is a few dollars shy of $600. This was the same payment for an bare bones A4 or a G35, but I wanted something new, and this car certainly is.
  • kaysidkaysid Member Posts: 46
    Miami CC, which CC model did you get the Sport or Lux? How much was the cost of the $5k insurance. Thanks and congrats on the new ride.
  • time4anewcartime4anewcar Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking at the CC Sport -- base model -- and I want a manual transmission. I have two questions:

1. Has anyone seen the Sport 200HP turbo 4 with a sunroof? I've seen two base model manual transmission cars -- but both without a roof. Sad.

2. If you're purchased one of these, what did you pay? MSRP on the car is $27,995.

I noticed that VW's best financing offer on this car is 7.7% (what?!) but I imagine that will change quickly. VW's sales are down YOY, although nowhere nearly as tragically as the domestic automakers. I'm sure even the CC will have deals shortly.
  • kaysidkaysid Member Posts: 46
    Hi
    1) Nope the Sport does not come with a Sunroof that is only on the Lux models, which cannot be had with the MT. BTW not sure if you know the sunroof doesnt actually slide open it just tilts up a couple of inches.
    2) I havent actually pulled the trigger yet also looking for a MT Sport 2.0 CC but waiting for my current lease to expire in Feb 09. I have been offered from 300-500 over invoice and that was really without any negotiating. This was for dealers in NJ and Eastern PA. Saying that though I hear the CC's are selling well since they are being bought by VW enthusiasts and previuous customers.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    The whole no open sunroof would bug me, also I would miss the rear middle seat. Otherwise it would be perfect. Hopefully they didn't set their options and pricing too high for this car. This is not a time to mess around. I am sure it will do fine. This car won't be an option for me though.
  • tekendall2tekendall2 Member Posts: 4
    Just leased new cc sport with auto/sirius radio, 36 months with 12k miles per year. MSRP was 29,015, selling price was 26,503 (1079 below invoice). Money factor of .00124, and residual of 55 percent. Payment is 392 per month. Only paid 1st month payment and liscense at signing. Dealer also cutting me a check for 869 to pay for last 2 payments and excess mileage on current jetta lease. I think I did ok.
  • blottzspottzblottzspottz Member Posts: 3
    Sirius is that expensive??!! Cuz the invoice on KBB for that car is 26754 so did Sirius cost you 700 bucks??
  • rayc13rayc13 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a MT Sport from Cook VW in Encinitas, Ca late November. The only option was a Sirius radio. I paid $26,250 plus T&L and they were able to find the exact color/interior I wanted within 24 hours. In addition, they had a set of new Luxury wheels and tires that they put on for an additional $100 as I like the look of the Luxury wheels better. I love the car and am getting 28 mpg in mixed driving. What I also noticed is that the car has many features that are either not available on the base Sport or are options according to the brochure. Power seat with memory, power passanger seat, auto dimming rearview mirror, rain sensing wipers and so on.
  • 2005nsx2005nsx Member Posts: 2
    Leased a 2009 CC Sport last week.
    MSRP $29015
    36 mo. 15K miles
    $1500 total out of pocket
    $399 / mo. including tax
    sirius radio was an extra 400 appx..there was a few add'l taxes/fees that california charges, but aren't listed on kbb.
  • noucla81noucla81 Member Posts: 2
    Kyfdx,

Congrats on the new lease. I'm looking for a similar lease and wanted to know more about the car... what add-ons did you get with the CC Sport to get an MSRP of $29,000?

Thanks.
  • noucla81noucla81 Member Posts: 2
    nm
    automatic and sirius radio
  • 2005nsx2005nsx Member Posts: 2
    No problem
    I'm sorry I did'nt get back to post sooner.
    Like what was noted the car came with automatic and sirius.

I'm sure that you can do better than I did
    with my lease 2 weeks ago 1/15
    Prob by $30.00 less per month.
  • pinksnyperpinksnyper Member Posts: 75
    What a day! I went out looking at a 350z Roadster and came home excited for the future VW CC i'll be leasing.

Really like the sport with the automatic trans. I test drove the 6 speed and found it incredibly nice but still a bit weird to drive a "sport" sedan of this size with a manual. Will see how the DSG feels in a week or two when I'm ready.

I did inquire about a 36mo high mileage (18k per year) lease. They gave me figures of $385 a month with $1,500 down. I didnt really dig deep into car selling price and if that includes all OTD fees, but sounds like a pretty good deal compared to what I'm seeing out there.

Anyone care to chime in? I do plan on going email blasting different dealerships when the time comes. How do you even calculate residual on a high mileage lease ??? I only see 12k and 15k residuals online....suggestions?
  • edbocedboc Member Posts: 5
    I got the CC for $23,855 for a Silver 6 Speed MT and got $9800 for my trade in on a '06 Accord Coupe EX 5-Speed with 71k miles.
    that sounds too good to be true, are they really selling these cars below invoice?? What part of the country...and did you buy or lease?
    im in los angeles, and i leased
    Wow. Would you mind disclosing some of the more detailed information like yearly mileage and monthly payment....what did you put down? You can PM me if you're more comfortable. Would love to hear what you've come up with as Im looking at the same car :) Thanks!
  • edbocedboc Member Posts: 5
    Yes, they are selling these cars below invoice. I bought the car, and financed through VW ($1000 incentive). I'm in Milford, MA, near Worcester. I think the $1000 VW finance incentive is only for Northeast states.
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Member Posts: 1,681
    Will see how the DSG feels in a week or two when I'm ready

unfortunately it's not a DSG...just a regular 6 spd auto.
    I realized that after I typed it. Kind of stinks, but I don't know if I could drive a 6-speed sedan through 30 miles of crowded city streets. Will see soon enough though.....

Also considering the IS250 AWD, since they have awesome leases on that vehlce at the moment. Not sure if it is as SEXY as the CC is. I touched the CC and fell in love.
    I talked to a VW salesman today and the initial number he through out to entice me in was "under invoice"...not a bad point to start from; although I doubt they have much more room...
    lol, I really think most VW are sexy, if such can be called that. I love them. Been a big fan of them. They just have this zoom zoom around town, classy type feel to them...lol anyway. :blush:
  • lucretiuslucretius Member Posts: 6
    I am so ashamed. I’ve been scammed twice by Yorkdale Volkswagon o/b 2031113. I know I should have been more on the ball. I probably cannot do anything about it. Hopefully, others will not make the same mistakes as me. Shop elsewhere.

I leased a new VW Passat CC through this dealer. They used an offer to lease form which doesn't include the selling price of the vehicle on it. They told me the purchasing price was $34,735,which included the base price of $31,975 + $1,400 for auto transmission and $1,360 for freight and PDI. The leasing company is VW Credit Canada Inc. The numbers were the same as posted on VW Canada's website. The monthly payments were a little more than what I wanted to pay so I asked if they could lower the purchase price enough to make the monthly lease payment an amount of $350 per month (this included an $8,000 trade-in). The salesman told me that he required my credit card in order to present this to his manager. He came back with a reworked offer to lease form and told me I have a deal. At that time, the salesman took my ownership papers for the car I was going to trade-in.

What they did not tell me was that they retained the same purchase price, but increased the amount I would have to pay up front, not to mention that they used a slightly higher interest rate to calculate the lease payments than the amount posted on VW Canada's website. After I released what they did, I called the new car sales manager to complain and ask for my $1,000 deposit back. He would not give back the deposit. He agreed to reduce the up-front payment by $700, while maintaining everything else the same. Further I was told that I could have the car in the colour scheme that I wanted by the end of the week. I later found out that they do not have the car I wanted, and promised to order one for me from the manufacturer. The car arrived three weeks later. It did not come from directly the manufacturer. Instead, they acquired it from another dealer and had a manufacture date that was five months old, meaning it had sat through the Canadian winter -- they did not disclose this to me.

When I picked up the car and fill out the leasing paperwork, the leasing rate offered by VW Credit Canada had dropped from 4.9 to 2.9%. The dealer had forms for me to sign which stated that the interest rate was 2.9% but the monthly payments or up-front payments had not changed. The residual value had been lowered by a mere $340.00. Again the purchase price was not disclosed on the new offer to lease form. When I pointed out that the lower interest rate should have a more significant effect on lowering either the up-front payments or the monthly lease payments, I was told that the effect was minimal. The Business Manager told me that they made $250 and he would make it up to me in services. At this point they already had my car and my insurance had already been transferred to the new car. So I just took his word for it. However, the lease agreement itself, which is an entirely different document, only presented to me after all of the above had occurred, contained a Vehicle Selling Price that was $37,662.83. This price was significantly higher than the MSRP of the vehicle, and when I questioned it I was told it includes freight, security deposit and first month payments as well as some other small charges. Not having a computer with me at the dealership, these items cannot be easily checked. After getting home, I realized they the selling price only included freight, not security deposit and first month payment and was $3,319.83 above the selling price I had agreed to. Do I have any recourse against this dealer? :sick: :sick: :sick:
    Title should be Scammed by Yorkdale Volkswagen (Toronto)
    I probably cannot do anything about it. Hopefully, others will not make the same mistakes as me. Shop elsewhere and don't buy Volkswagen.

I reported my case where the dealership (Yorkdale Volkswagen o/b as 2031113 Ontario Limited) engaged in unfair practices involving false, misleading, deceptive and unconscionable representations, VW Canada called the dealer and said the dealer was not willing to do anything and VW Canada also said that they would take no further action. And I had to beg them to even make the phone call by reminding them that their dealers are a reflection of them and they should care about their reputation. Apparently, they are not too concerned about consumers. :sick:
    Not sure I understand completely...

You went to the dealership to lease a car but did not drive the one you wanted? Then gave them $1000 on top of your $8000 trade in before you had a chance to sit in the car? They then found a car for you and had lowered the interest 2% with no change in monthly payment? You signed all the papers and drove your new car home; then noticed the vehicle's MSRP had risen over $3k (I'm assuming this is JUST the MSRP...and not MSRP plus sales tax)

Something does seem fishy...although you should/do have the option to walk out of the deal at anytime before driving off the show room floor. Although it may have been a hassle transferring insurance etc...

I think its common practice for dealers to trade cars to get the one you want quicker (sitting through one winter shouldn't matter...it's leased...and you live where you live...).

Sounds like you were in a rush not to notice a $3,319.83 until you got home...

Cars are such big (depreciating) investments...I usually take A LOT of time reading all the fine print and asking them to explain all the little things to me...they're on the clock not me -- I have all day

And...I've learned to stay away from leases...they never work out for me...

I doubt you can do anything...other than write it off as an expensive learning lesson.
    Leaving out some of the details/antics involved in my first encounter -- I went to the dealership to lease a car, They took a $1,000 deposit and took my ownership papers on the vehicle I was trading in and had me sign an Offer to Lease form (which is different than a Lease Agreement). They told me I'd have the car by the end of the week. (Believe me, there's more about this encounter that I have l left out as well as my call to the sales manager the following business day.)

About one week later, they call me and tell me they don't have the car it in the colour I wanted and tried to get me to take another colour. By this time (a) I had already asked for my deposit back twice and they refused, and (b) the interest rate on leases offered by VW Credit dropped to 2.9%. They tell me they ordered the car from Volkswagen Canada and mine would be the first one to arrive from the port. Two weeks later (and three weeks after our first meeting in which they took the $1,000 deposit) they delivered the car. Upon arriving to at the dealership, they took my keys and car before giving me a chance to even inspect the new car or look at the lease agreement. They had a pre-prepared Offer to Lease form (another one) as well as a lease agreement. Their Offer to Lease forms do not disclose selling prices. The Lease Agreement does -- but besides the MSRP it includes freight and some small charges. I certainly asked about it, but they lied to me about what made up that number. And I certainly noticed the 2.9% interest rate telling them that it should have some effect on my monthly payments. I also told them that I didn't want to sign that lease agreement and they told me the only choice I had was to sign this or sign a lease agreemnt with the previous 4.9%. I did swear at them. They "admitted" to making $250 extra on the change in interest rate. This was obviously a lie that I did not discover until later. I really didn't want to have to leave the dealership on foot. And I had alot going on at home at the time, so I just took their word for it. Yes, I signed all the papers and drove the new car home.

What I discovered was they had padded the selling price to ensure the mothly payments remained the same and they could pocket an extra $3,319.83 of "profit", at my expense of course..

Note that selling price and MSRP are two different things. The MSRP is set by the manufacture and did not change. The final selling price was $3,319.83 more than we had agreed and $2,619.83 more than the MSRP (including the freight,etc.). Sales tax it seems is not included in the selling price.
    the whole situation sounds bad...did anything go right?

Aside from being ripped off...how do you like the car? Did the dealership taint your enjoyment of driving your new car?
  • kinctkinct Member Posts: 59
    From my background, pretty much all dealers suck, it's just a matter of degree. They are all out to make a killing. Think of it this way:

- You would like to go into a dealership and pay $20,000 for a $30,000 car.
    - When you come into that dealership, they want to think of a way to get $40,000 for that $30,000 car.

The art is meeting in the middle (and obviously from the customer perspective, towards the low end!). Many of the dealer games revolve around leasing, financing, and especially the trade in. I cannot tell you the number of times I have been told my car is worthless, and then I have turned around and sold it to the first person who stopped by to view it for $1,000 - $2,000 (private sale).

You as the consumer need to do the research up front (what vehicle do I want, what is the TRUE dealer cost, what can I afford, etc). Don't go in "wanting a certain monthly payment" - they then stretch out the term to meet the monthly payment objective. You also need to back off when things change rapidly. Don't sign if something major changes last minute. You would be surprised, when you get up and walk out (literally), things changed. I have walked out twice, with the dealer running out and telling me that management had just approved the "correction" (Toyota and Audi).

This may just end up being a bitter lesson for you. But learn from your mistakes.

You now have the car. ENJOY IT. Treat it well...! (and I would NOT NOT NOT go back to that dealer). Don't keep rewarding sleazebags.

One last minute thought for you. One can always go back and visit during a high-volume timeframe (e.g. Saturday morning at 11:00 am or 2:00 pm) , and then go into the dealership and talk loud enough about how you had been duped - make sure you are near other customers. I may have, um, done that too.... :-)
    You would be surprised, when you get up and walk out (literally)
    Very true...I was helping a co-work shop...she walked out when the dealer low-balled a trade in; after they ran out they offered $3k more...

and talk loud enough about how you had been duped
    heh...a different co-worker did the same...very loud about the "illegal" activities they practiced...then some tears; she got her money back...
    Wow, I am so sorry to hear about the experiences, but I too would love to hear about the new car? I have yet to take one out. Though missing a rear middle seat and a bit overpriced, am sure its worth it, but overpriced. I have a similar dealer that sells Honda's. Not a good place to shop.

I had thought that there was a 3 day rule to return a car in Indiana, but there is not. I am not sure that applies anymore anywhere?
    I think you have me confused with lucretius and his original posting
  • go2uclago2ucla Member Posts: 34
    Hi there, I was just quoted a price of approx. $3,000 off MSRP for a 4 cylinder CC Sport with A/T. I am in SoCal. Is this a good price? Apparently, the discounted price includes the VW rebate of $1K. Apparently, it looks like about $100 over invoice price less the $1K from VW. What are your thoughts? Are there better deals out there?
  • mrrepomrrepo Member Posts: 2
    Just leased a CC Man Sport.
    Here are the details.
    MSRP: $27,855
    Cap Cost: $24,500
    Money Factor: .00073
    Residual: 54%
    Term: 36 months/10k/yr.
    Sales Tax: $1674(Ohio)
    Cash at signing: $620 includes first months payment, doc fee, and tags.

End result is $338 per month, tax included.
  • danprtrdanprtr Member Posts: 25
    Just leased with no options (actually has Bluetooth, chrome tip exhaust, and extra winter mats but they gave this car without charging for the options because it was already on the lot).
    Sale Price $ 25,877
    Tax & Fees $ 1,782
    Gross CC $ 27,659
    Residual 55%
    Term 36mo. 15k/yr
    Payment $ 399.78/mo.
    First payment made at signing.

2 other dealers were around $420 even with the advertised $349.mo sign and drive lease promotion for 10k 36mo.

New models have dealers all over the map on pricing until they figure out demand (or think they have it figured out).
  • blottzspottzblottzspottz Member Posts: 3
    399 with no money down??!!!!
    I am just curious on this VW CC, With the sunroof, Does the roof actually open all the way? Or does it just crack open? If it only cracks open, why is it not possible to not open it all the way.

I am looking at the VW CC, it is a beautiful car! But, that moonroof is a must for me.
    It just tilts.

I think its too wide (and maybe long) to fit within the roof...and I haven't see a 'new' car stack it on top of the roof.
    The lease numbers are right off the lease agreement. Northgate Lincoln Mercury/VW in Cincinnati OH. was the dealer and they were great to work with.

Dan
    I have an 08 car, not VW, but it tilts above the car and out, it opens that way, rather than going inside of the car roof. See, that alone, might be a reason I wouldn't get the VW CC. I love having my roof open way too much. That really is too bad.
    k...which one :)
  • surfwagon56surfwagon56 Member Posts: 12
    Found a candy white demo CC Luxury w/ tech package (rear camera) and BT at a local dealership in So Cal, had 5,000 miles. 3 Yr lease was prorated to the original 10K miles a year, so I would get 8300 miles a year. Not an issue as my commute is 6 miles round trip. Got them down to $390/month (total inc. tax, license, etc.) w/ $2000 cash.

Just before signing the contract the wife calls. Another dealership had called our home, so I walked outside and called them back. Turns out I'm glad I did. Ended up signing a lease w/ the second dealership, brand new Island Gray CC Luxury w/ tech package (rear camera), BT, and chrome tips.

Sticker right at $36K
    Agreed-on price 30538
    Gross cap cost 31158
    $2000 down
    $408/month for 38 months (total), 10K miles/year

So...a new instead of slightly used car, more miles available, full warranty instead of only 32 months/27K miles, and (IMO) a better color...for $18 a month more. Bonus, the dealership is next door to my wife's work, and offer free car washes for the life of the car. NIIIICE.

Car was new on the lot, so I was not able to take it home. Something about not being able to release the car dirty (and it was DIRTY!). Will pick up after work tomorrow. Very excited, quite a step up styling and amenities from my '06 Accord LX.
    I have an 08 G6, I want out!! The engine sucks!! It truly does and I think the transmission is having problems. Its a 4cyl. I am trying to think of all the options that I could use to get out with minimal problems. I know about trade in and pay off, its been a year into my lease. So, I'll probably just have to wait. It makes me mad!

It will be nice once they offer the DSG on the new CC, it will really add some zip. I took out a Jetta 2.0T, and I wanted that car soooo bad!! But, I leased the Jetta SE for my mother and guess what I had to choose? Yep, the dealer sold Pontiac, so they put me in a G6. I had limited credit last year, so they ran 2 leases at the same time,
    VW and GM. VW would not let me have 2 cars. I was very upset about this too, I traded my 06 Accord for the VW. Anyway. I'm over it, but want out badly.

Let me know if you guys can think of anything to help me out. realistically and practically.
  • winmartinezwinmartinez Member Posts: 1
    Went to Royal Motors in the City and they're very professional.
    1K Down for 2.0 automatic
    400 per month (tax included)
    36 month lease/12K miles
    Includes:
    5K waiver, blue tooth, chrome tips, satellite radio.

Went to Boardwalk on the Peninsula and let's just say I got outta there fast.

FYI:
    My last (2) cares we're the Audi A4/BMW 3 series
  • whitexafwhitexaf Member Posts: 4
    Does anybody buy cars any more? All this lease discussion is interesting, but of no help to me. For example, when folks state a "price" in their discussion about leasing, can anybody actually buy at that "price", or is that a deal factor in the lease agreement. If I go in and offer $5K US below MSRP, will the dealer collapse in laughter, or is that a reasonable start to negotiate from? Buying in central NC if it matters. Trying to decide between a CC for family cruiser and a Sportwagen TDI for my DD. I don't want to steal a car, but I don't want the dealer to throw a big party on my dime, either. ;)
    Take a look here on Edmunds for current market pricing on new VW's. It will state fair asking prices for dealers.

Leasing will be cheaper, but keep your downpayment low or better yet $0 down on a lease. Depends on how long you keep your cars, how much you drive.

However, apparently TDI's do not have any special offers available through leasing.
    VW is offering better leasing on the CC, but I really do not see any "really good" lease deals on any VW now.

They had a much better lease on their line up last year, now why they aren't offering anything now... hopefully they are not holding on too tight.
    Yeah, I know what you mean about the different leasing numbers people give and the relevance another buying situation. Theoretically, if people are leaseing with a gross capital coss of 5K less than MSRP, you should be able to buy for the same. In practice, the buy price will usually be several hundred dollars higher because dealers make money from the leaseing companies they select. But you still get a feel for the going price by looking at the lease info.

Every dealer determines the price differently based on their perception of their inventory levels ("floor" in dealer speak) , how quickly they can replenish inventory, local demand for the model, whether you look like you can be "moved", etc..

"Best" deal comes from knowing what you want (car, options, color, etc.) and calling or emailing multiple dealers in the area. Don't spend hours with anyone dealer negotiating, it won't do any good because the guy with deal approval authority, is never the one you're talking too. You will very rarely talk them down and even if you do, it costs you when you need special attention from service.

For instance, I leased a CC for $20 less a month from a dealer who traded the higher priced dealer for my car. The higher priced dealer salesman insisted (through 4 days of multiple emails and phone calls) there was no way anyone would do my deal ($399/mo. 36mo. 15kmi.). My dealer did the deal and the window sticker showed the original purchasing dealer as the higher priced dealer.

Good Luck
  • whitexafwhitexaf Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, guys, for the quick replies. T ventured into the city taday to look at both cars in person. According to the dealer's web site, they had in stock either of the two in a configuration I wanted. Web sites and parking lots are two different things. Only had manual trannies in the TDI. I gotta tell you, that CC in the Shadow Blue Metallic is one of the best looking cars on the road. They probably lost a sale, when they would not tell me the price. Kept wanting to know what I would give to trade my Infiniti in today. I told him I was not the salesman. He should be making offers. He thought I was joking, as I showed him a sub-6 second 0-60 as I left his lot. My rice burner was not part of the equasion, but he would not listen. Still looking, but not there. :mad:
This discussion has been closed.