Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jaguar XJ6 - Memory Seats not returning

JeanninesJagJeanninesJag Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Jaguar
I have a 1995 XJ and it is perfect except for one item. The memory seats will not return when 1 and 2 buttons are pushed. The mirrors and steering will come to memory but the seat will not. but on exit and Auto mode the seats will go back and release. But the seats will not come back. Does anyone have a simple answer for fixing? Thank you

Comments

• RonmayRonmay Member Posts: 2
    Sorry to say, there is no easy fix for this problem. There are variable resistors on the seat to tell it where it is. These fail internally and no longer send the right information to the control unit. I repaired the ones on my '97 X300, but it is tedious
    work. If you can find replacements, they will probably cost you about $80-100 each.
    The seat has to be removed to get at them.
    Ronmay
  • aieahiaieahi Member Posts: 1
    How many resistors did you replace and is it just unplug and plug the new one in? Or is there soldering involved?
  • KirksjohnsonKirksjohnson Member Posts: 11
    Hello I had a 95 XJR with a little different problem When I tried to recall the memory on lets say seat position 1 it would move the seat back all they away back. If I pressed 2 it would recline the seat all the way back. I looked up all the service bulletins and found that the seat control module had a bulletin pertaining just to this problem and jaguars fix was to replace the module. I don't know if that is usefully or not but I thought I would share. The module is under the drivers seat.
  • thopmanthopman Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1997 Jag XJ6 that the electric seats will not work, the mirrors will not adjust and I can not lower teh driver's side window. Does anyone have any idea what would cause this? The fuse blocks are not labeled and I do not have the manual.

Th
  • afrahkaafrahka Member Posts: 5
    I have a 1999 xj and the Stability Control Failure light is on...does anyone know what is not 'stabile' or what that light means....also does 'anyone' know where i can get./purchase a manual? Thank you! :)
  • tcoudayretcoudayre Member Posts: 1
    Hi
    I have the same problem on my 97 jaguar xj6, can't lower the driver's window
    and the electric seats don't work.

Were you able to get yours fixed? And could you tell me what was found to
    cause the problem.

Thanks
  • jagernutjagernut Member Posts: 16
    It would be a good idea to go through the original set up routenes in the owners manual. You could have set up the memory "funny" by mistake. DO the part where it sets the memory positions to the key fob.
    I did this ad everything works fine in my xj8 '98. Good luck.
  • jagernutjagernut Member Posts: 16
    Did you check your fuses?
  • dewayne4dewayne4 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2011
    i have a 1995 xj6 windows and seat stop working just the back window work can sumbody tell me what it may be
  • dewayne4dewayne4 Member Posts: 2
    yes and the relay
  • noelco7noelco7 Member Posts: 1
    I have exactly the same problem 1997 Jaguar XJ6. Power seat's don't work, mirrors don't work, and drivers side front window does not work. Since others have same problem maybe its one thing ( security module?) causing all three? has sanyone fixed this?
  • joeymvjoeymv Member Posts: 1
    I had exactly the same problem and it was the 5amp fuse located on the drivers side behind the rear seat kickboard. Replaced the fuse and everything worked fine. Now I have to just figure out why the fuse keeps burning out on occassion.
  • term3term3 Member Posts: 2

@Kirksjohnson said:
    Hello I had a 95 XJR with a little different problem When I tried to recall the memory on lets say seat position 1 it would move the seat back all they away back. If I pressed 2 it would recline the seat all the way back. I looked up all the service bulletins and found that the seat control module had a bulletin pertaining just to this problem and jaguars fix was to replace the module. I don't know if that is usefully or not but I thought I would share. The module is under the drivers seat.

• term3term3 Member Posts: 2

replaced fuses,no help