Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Nissan Altima Exhaust and CAI Help?

SALUTESALUTE Member Posts: 2
edited April 2014 in Nissan
Hello fellow Nissan Motor heads...whats good .I've been a nissan man my whole life since ive been driving(over 15 years). recently had a chance to drive a friends gt-r ...pure heaven anyways...i just got rid of my 05 altima SE_R for the 08 altima 3.5 SE...i beat the SE_R down and plus i really liked the cvt tranny when i test drove...on my SE_R..i had the AEM CAI and the exhaust done from the cat back with GREDDY....im lookin to do the same to my 08 as far as exhaust and CAI(lookin for a new sound and grumble)...need some suggestions for the best power... sound ...and performance...and one that wont void my warranty....Help?

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    If yo install a CAI you always stand a chance of voiding your warranty because some CAIs sit very low in the engine bay and they can suck up water. Also if you use a drop-in K&N type washable filter, and if you have problems say with your MAF sensor, and if it looks like there's a dirty throttle body, the dealer is probably going to nail you on that item.

As for cat-back exhaust, I don't see any issues with warranty there, but I also don't see any Horsepower there either---more about noise on the back end. I could see a bit of a bump with CAI however, if it's done right.

My two cents.

Visiting Host
  • Options
    quicksilvaquicksilva Member Posts: 15
    HI,
    I have a 2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 and, am smelling what appears to be catalytic converter issues when getting on the gas. How can I tell as the engine has only 60 K.?
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Bad catalytics seem to be a problem with the Altima, sometimes resulting in complete engine failure.

You should "google" the term "nissan altima catalytic converter" and read some of the stories.

Maybe this isn't your problem and you're just running too rich or something, but I'd sure have this checked out ASAP. I'm sure the dealer knows all about this.
This discussion has been closed.