Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Dakota problem

13»

Comments

• Hey everyone.

I hope I've posted this in the correct forum section. If not, please forgive me. I couldn't find the troubleshooting/problems section.

Anyways, I own a 2005 Dodge Dakota (salvage title, I bought it from a car mechanic off of craigslist), of which the headlight (driver side) has gotten foggy. It's certainly not as transparent as the passenger side light. At first I wasn't sure why one was foggy and the other wasn't, but then I took a closer look at the foggy light and noticed a small crack on the outside casing. I believe this crack has allowed moisture to enter the light. I've heard of people restoring their headlights with special DIY kits, but I've decided to take the route of simply replacing the light with an aftermarket light from an online store. I found two sites that I particularly liked, but I'm unsure of whether or not they are legitimate businesses. Furthermore, I don't want to fall prey to a scam. Has anyone purchased from either of these sites and can verify that they are a legitimate business? The following parts match the oem number of the one I need. Thanks in advance.

http://www.topgearautoparts.com/product/16461/Buy-discount-2005-DODGE-DAKOTA-HEA- D-LIGHT-LH-DRIVER-W/O-BLACK-BEZEL-%28OEM-55077607AB%29-for-your-autos-.html
    or
    http://www.autolightcenter.com/dodge/dakota/headlights.html#MTI2MzY
  • I have a 2010 Dakota(4.7L V8, auto, 4x4, crewcab, flueflex, 51500km) that I am taking to the dealership on monday to have the drivers door looked at as whenever I hit a hard bump driving in town I started to hear that the door wasn't closing all the way however when I lock my doors it stays locked just really notice it when I hit a hard bump in the road. Still have bumper to bumper on her for another 8000+km but was just wondering if it is going to be an on going issue or just wear and tear. I had also gone and read up on other trucks with the issue and tried the methods that were mentioned such as have the outside handle as it was open then turn the latch and still is doing it, truck also is in a parkaid as it has been close to -50 here in north western Canada for about a week or 2 as well while i was trying that method out I noticed that the 3 L key bolts were loose so i just tightened them by hand just incase the dealership wouldn't cover it if it had been tampered with.

Also unrelated I have been hearing a bit of a knocking sound from the front wheels while driving and checked for ice but it still happens in the warmer weather. I had heard the same type of noise before on my 91 Ford Explorer and my 92 Explorer which were both 4x4 as well any ideas what that might be whether its the breaks or something like that or something more such as issues from the 4x4 or anything.

I know I had just said and was asking for quite a bit but if anyone as an answer or any idea to what may have caused these issues please let me know!!!!

Lets hope its not to much lol, but from what I was reading on here haven't read anything or anyone having much 2010 Dakota issues so I'm hoping thats a good sign as its a nice little truck.
13»