Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-9 Tire Reviews

elerner61elerner61 Member Posts: 6
edited March 2014 in Mazda
After putting 2,000 miles on these tires and some recent snow storms I'm happy to report that they did just fine. Quiet on the highway and handle nicely in the wet/snow/dry. I never even gave the Bridgestones a go in the snow, they were off at Thanksgiving. They are available in the OEM size. Tire Rack can order them for you, they did not have them in stock.

Comments

• cericceric Member Posts: 1,092
    Great to know! Thanks for telling.
    I have had my eyes on the Parada also.
    All reviews seem to praise its balanced performance (unlike the OE Bridgestone).
    Too bad that my tires are still relatively new (at 13,000 miles only).
  • elerner61elerner61 Member Posts: 6
    If you leased your CX-9 then why not switch to the Parada's now? Your Bridgestones aren't going to last the length of the lease and you'll have to buy a new set of tires anyway so you don't get dinged when you turn it back in. Put the Bridgestones back on when the Parada's wear out (towards the end of the lease)

This is only if you have to drive in the snow. If you live in the South, then the Bridgestones should be fine.
  • skr2skr2 Member Posts: 32
    Can anybody has any idea on how long the OE bridgestone last? I live in Dallas, TX.
    Thanks
    The OE Bridgestone is rated 260 A A. i.e. Not very long-lasting.
    As a rule of thumb, a rating of 250 probably gives you 25,000 miles of traveling.
    The OE tires are good summer tires (though rated M+S/all-season), but very bad for snow-covered roads.

I have my eyes on the Yoko Parada Spec-X. The amount of great review on tirerack.com can't be wrong. I have purchased many tires from them based on reviews, and never got disappointed yet.

I own my CX9, not leased. Therefore, I have to wear out this OE set first. They are not bad in CA weather (dry and occasionally wet - no snow). People who live in snowy regions should not rely on the OE tires to get them pass the winter.
  • flcx9flcx9 Member Posts: 2
    We have a 2007 CX 9 with 32K , balanced and rotated every 10K or so they're wearing well. I expect we'll get about 40-45K out of them. Living in Florida they've been a good tire but I'm leaning toward replacing them with Yokohama Parada's when the time comes. Yoko appears to have a better tire at a much better price,
  • thecatthecat Member Posts: 535
    I've been looking at the Prada's for my 06 Rav. What concerns me is that Yoko offers no tread wear warrenty. That seems strange.

-
    Why did you say that?
    Quote from Yokohama website.... (go to yokohamatires.com and look for Parada Spec-X)

Warranty Eligibility
    This warranty applies to every Yokohama replacement passenger car, light truck and temporary spare tire bearing the Yokohama brand name and complete Department of Transportation serial identification number and operated during normal highway use (commercial applications excluded) in the United States. These tires are covered by this warranty for the life of the original usable tread depth (the original tread depth down to the level of treadwear indicators molded at 2/32 inch (1.6 mm)) or for 60 months from the date of purchase (proof of purchases required) or 72 months from the date of manufacture (if no proof of purchase available), whichever comes first. This warranty applies only to the original tire purchaser, and is not transferrable to any other party. This time period does not represent the expected service life for tires covered by this warranty.
  • franklaudfranklaud Member Posts: 2
    I am very upset about the Bridgestone Tires that came on my CX-9. I live in the Midwest and Snow/Ice traction is very important. I cannot believe the horrible reviews on these tires. I had some Yokohamas on our Minivan that we traded in and they were the best tires on snow and ice that I have ever owned. Has anyone had luck getting a dealer or Mazda to replace the Bridgestones? or at least give a credit towards better tires for us Midwest folk?
  • howardruhowardru Member Posts: 155
    HA! Yah right.

Winter is not any better here in New England. Unless you can work a deal upon purchase of the car, you are SOL. Go buy youself with some Yoko's or winter tires/rims like I did (Blizzak)
  • thecatthecat Member Posts: 535
    I didn't say that Yoko offers no warrenty .. they don't offer a tread wear warrenty. Most all of Yoko's other tires have a specific mileage warrenty. The Parada has none. The warrenty you reference simply says that (and I paraphrase) Yoko guarantees the tire to be free of defects until you wear it out. There is no mileage reference. Look at the website again. Most of the other tires offer some specific mileage reference at the top to the blurb about the tire.
  • pulleydogpulleydog Member Posts: 61
    I bought my '08 Sport in November of 2007 and immediately replaced the OEM Bridgestones with a set of Continental Cross Contact LXs. They are quiet, provide good traction, a comfortable ride, and cost just over a C-note each for the 18-inchers. I do almost all highway driving and with 45K miles on them, I still have between 7 and 8/32s of tread left. I will buy them again, no doubt. The Parada's get great reviews, but since I'm a bit 'thrifty', I'll stick with something about 2/3rds the cost since I'm more than happy with them.
    BTW - Sold the Bridgestones on eBay and that paid for 85% of the cost of the Continentals.
  • lazyacelazyace Member Posts: 1
    I reskinned my '07 GT recently after I couldn't stand the howling of the OEMs at 25K. I chose Pirrelli Scorpions for my 20s. Nice ride, great price ($95) and ohhhh so quiet. :)
  • imamgimamg Member Posts: 136
    $95 for 20's???? Where'd you pull that off :) ... I've just about 25k on the originals (07 awd...) and most likely going that scorpion route.
    That's why I asked... (We're affliliated with the tire rack as a dealer now so...) and it's showing $126. ( on special ). Still a decent deal.. ( what do you have on yours ceric? )

* Size: 245/50R20
    Sidewall Style: Blackwall
    Serv. Desc: 102HLoad Index 102 = 1874lbs (850kg) per tire
    Speed Rating "H" = 130mph (210kph)
    UTQG: Treadwear: 520

* Price: $126.00 (each) Special
    He did not mention the tire rating. For $95 (as he posted), no way it is H-rated.
    It should be T-rated.
    T-rated: $100/per (upto 118mph)
    H-rated: $126/per (upto 130mph)
    For CX9, I doubt that you will take it up beyond 100mph. T-rated is sufficient for most people and purposes.
    Anyway, to me tires to a vehicle is like the speakers to a stereo system. You spend a little more and get a lot back. I go by the best balance of bang for the buck. For now, it is Yoko Parada Spec-X. There is a reason why it is on back-order. It is very popular with 8.7 score (compared to 7.2 from Pirelli Scorpion) for reasonable $159.
    Is that what you have on yours now...or will have... and if you do ... how've they performed? Have you done any light or heavy snow driving in them?
    I plan to have Yoko Parada Spec-X.
    However, rumor has it that it is near end of production.
    Tirerack.com shows shipment date of 11/20/09. We will see.
    WHAT! Say it isn't so Ceric! That was my spring-time planned purchase!
    I am keeping my fingers crossed....
    Putting them on the wife's CX-7 tomorrow morning at the same time as her first oil change. Just got our first snow today outside Boston....damn it's way too early!

Will keep you posted, if she lets me drive it again :-(
This discussion has been closed.