Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010-2011 Buick LaCrosse

Comments

• verdugoverdugo Member Posts: 2,286
    You might want to change your post before the mods delete it. You're not allowed to post salespeople's names.

That aside -- congratulations on the new car.
  • cooterbfdcooterbfd Member Posts: 2,770
    As far as the trunk, what would you like to put there?? It is pretty small, and 4 sets of golf clubs required a little ingenuity.

Backup camera is a plus, but takes getting used to, as opposed to normal backing.

As far as the nav, I believe you can look up by voice, but not sure. You CAN, however, have Onstar look it up for you while you drive, and they will download it right to the nav system, and you can also look it up at home using Mapquest, and upload it to the nav, but you can't type it in while moving.

Haven't tried a dvd yet, but I would assume you could forget watching it while driving.

Bluetooth works great!!! I haven't figured out how to use the voice commands yet, but assume that it links with the cellphone's voice commands, and not the cars.
    You might want to change your post before the mods delete it.

Did I call that or what? :shades:
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Good call. As if it wasn't someone promoting him/herself also. :blush:
  • gened1gened1 Member Posts: 256
    Went by one of the bigger Buick dealer in the Syracuse,NY area and looked at the sticker on the new LaCrosse. every one of the AWD cars were stickered at $39000+. The FWD cars were $29000+.Looks like the dealers or GM is playing their game again. Give a low base but then try to find one at a reasonable price.
    "..... The FWD cars were $29000+.Looks like the dealers or GM is playing their game again. Give a low base but then try to find one at a reasonable price. "

Nevertheless, they are less expensive than a comparably equipped ES 350, and they are selling, regardless of the MSRP.
  • wormburner1941wormburner1941 Member Posts: 1
    I posted this question somewhere, but for the life of me I can't find it so I'll do it again. I want to purchase a specific 2010 CSX, and I cannot find it on the local dealer's lots to the exact specification. Also, for example, in Jan or Feb, Buick is goig to add Blind Spot in the outside rearview mirrors, and I also want that. That is another reason I am only going to get one from the factory instead of the dealer's new car lots.

Edmunds, KBB, Car and Driver, Motortrend, etc. all talk about what you should expect to pay, but this from the current stock. No where do they talk about factory orders. Thus. my question. Do any of you have an idea on what I could expect to pay for one ordered from the factory?

Thanks,

Phil
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    Thus. my question. Do any of you have an idea on what I could expect to pay for one ordered from the factory?

As good or better of a deal.
    I know that when I bought mine in August, I toyed with the idea of ordering one. The one on the lot had a sunroof, which I really didn't want, and no heads up display, which I did. Everything else about the car was what I wanted; Red Jewel exterior, Cocoa/Cashmere interior, handling package, nav.

I would have been allowed to order it and still get the $1000 owner loyalty, $250 credit union member discount (which I now believe to be $1250) and use my GM supplier discount. There really was no other dickering on the price, whether I took the one on the lot (which I did), or if I ordered one.

I suppose ultimately it depends on the dealer and sales person, and how bad they want your business.
  • gened1gened1 Member Posts: 256
    Never - the - less They have been out maybe 4 or 5 months and I have yet to see one on the road around here. Same for th 2010 Subaru Legacy. Plenty of Ford Fusions though. Decisions decisions ...
    "......Never - the - less They have been out maybe 4 or 5 months and I have yet to see one on the road around here. Same for th 2010 Subaru Legacy. Plenty of Ford Fusions though. Decisions decisions ... "

I've seen 5 or 6, talked to one of them and they love it.
  • loboblancoloboblanco Member Posts: 5
    I've had my CXS for a month and love it. (and I had a Lexus ES previously) I've seen 3 others on the freeway this week.
  • doc15doc15 Member Posts: 37
    2010 Buick Lacrosse CXL 3.0 v6 FWD with comfort and convenience pack #2 and chrome wheels. Picked off dealers lot. I drive 35,000 miles per year so ride and quiet are # 1 priority for me.( Previous cars Infinity I 35, Avalon, and 2008 MKZ.) My opinion---The Buick Lacrosse surpasses all in the ride and quiet category. The Ice-Blue ambient lighting is a great touch. The car handles well, has enough power and is great on gas too. No initial quality problems to speak of, I will post after first 7500 miles.
    "......No initial quality problems to speak of, I will post after first 7500 miles. "

So, we'll be hearing from you next week? ;)

Seriously, good luck and we look forward to hearing from you.
    :) Funny and your right, The miles do go by quickly.
    We'll see how it holds up. I'll be writing "soon"
    It's a long commute, but it is all highway (I sound like a car salesmen)
    Really I'm not!!!
  • mooredenalimooredenali Member Posts: 2
    I finally found out the other day that my Lacrosse CXS was built last week. It's been almost 14 weeks since I ordered a midnight blue loaded CXS minus the rear entertainment. Should be delivered to Florida in 10 to 14 days.The dealer here in Tampa printed me an actual window sticker with my VIN. The one difference I noticed was that the price of the sunroof. The price went from $995 to $1195. I checked Buick's website and it has changed to this. That's something that I will have to work out. In the whole process, I am appalled that the system to keep you apprised of your cars status doesn't really exist? I was told by several different people that a sold car like mine has priority over dealer inventory cars. This can't be true because I saw too many inventory loaded CXS's in the wrong color for 2 months.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,146
    >I am appalled that the system to keep you apprised of your cars status doesn't really exist?

I suspect there's something about the blue color wasn't being painted or an item on the car was low in supply, e.g., the wheels, that caused the longer wait. There isn't a computer that's accessible for customers that gives a wait time would be my guess.

The Just-in-time type of delivery for the factory means that until the car is scheduled to be built, there's actually no record of its progress: it's just an order waiting to be assembled. Or there may have been a change to one of the items to improve it, i.e., the sunroof. Which might be the case since the price increased for that item. You will never know what the holdup was if there was a delay unless you have a savvy salesman who keeps up on the information on production.

I watched the just-in-time production at the Moraine Assembly a couple years ago. Cars (SUVs) to be built that day are assembled with seats in colors and options and roof liners and lots of other things that arrive that day assembled at the plants nearby that morning and placed on the trucks in the order for assembly. So when they come off the delivery semis, they are in order to slide into the moving racks for the production line. Two hours later they are in an SUV moving down the assembly line.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

I was told by several different people that a sold car like mine has priority over dealer inventory cars.

Really? I have never heard such a thing. Hopefully there are salespeople here who can chime in.
    I've been wondering if some dealers aren't playing games (or GM playing games with dealers). My friend is looking for a 2010 Equinox. One dealer has had over 15, while another dealer can't get any (or just a couple). Are there any other Buick dealers in your area to check to see if a car has come in in the combination you are looking for? Does that dealer have more in stock than yours?
  • mooredenalimooredenali Member Posts: 2
    When I ordered the Lacrosse we looked all over the U.S. and couldn't find any at the time matching my specs. I check online every week or so around the southeast, and have never seen one listed in inventory. My dealer told me this was because dealers wont' usually order blue for inventory because it isn't as easy to sell. In fact the only midnight blue I have seen was at the auto show in Tampa in November. Funny, it was a CXL and ended up at my dealer and they sold it in less than a week. My dealer seems to be moving them quickly , but I don't see hardly any driving around town. I dont think the other dealers are getting more than mine from what I can see.
  • kjs8kjs8 Member Posts: 53
    I have been waiting for 16 weeks for a custom ordered CXS all options except rear video. Just got build date of 1/19/10 a few days ago. I would assume shipment takes 2 more weeks minimum? Looking forward to seeing it finally. My dealer told me if he ordered it as sold it goes to the back of the line. GM wants unsold dealer stock to move first. They wonder why they are bankrupt. Buick will never equal the dealer experience of a Lexus, Mercedes or BMW. Worst problem, no one can answer any of your questions and your standing in line to spend $36K ?????
    "..... Worst problem, no one can answer any of your questions and your standing in line to spend $36K ????? "

Not that you should have to, but did you try to call Buick customer service?
  • danmary1danmary1 Member Posts: 1
    sounds like your dealer has got it wrong. All mfg's build orders for stock and sold customers in the order that the dealer priortizes it. ex stock order priority 11 and sold order priority 13 stock will be built first if everything is equal. If your car has an option that is on constraint mfg. will not build the car during that production cycle. Another issue is , did the dealer who you ordered from have availability from the factory when you ordered the car? Most customers will order from the dealer who gave them the lowest price....however that dealer may not have had the car available to him. No Mfg will give a dealer unlimited cars to order. So the dealer you ordered from took you
    'out of the market until he receives an allotment from GM, he then places the order and hopes it takes 6-8 weeks.
  • longwaitlongwait Member Posts: 5
    Same thing happened to me!! 15 weeks!! I got the loaded CXS. I couldn't get any answers from anyone!!! So, I got my VIN number and started calling the companies that deliver the cars from the kansas city plant. They told me the day that they got the car and the day it was on the truck.... I had to tell them that I was a dealer.. Shhhh It work. Good luck and It was worth the wait! Great car.
  • scott_blscott_bl Member Posts: 7
    Can someone explain why there are ZERO aftermarket wheels that fit the 2010 Lacrosse? Do a search. Go to any wheel site, or call them. Despite millions of wheel models on the planet, they will be unable to find a single one that fits the 2010 Lacrosse. Unless one of you owners knows something I don't.

Basically all I wanted to do is buy a 9 or 10 spoke chrome wheel for the CXL. The CXS does have a 9 spoke wheel in 19", but it is not chrome (even though the model pictures that everyone has been drooling over makes it look like chrome).
    ".....Can someone explain why there ar ZERO aftermarket wheels that fit this car? "

Ask the aftermarket wheel manufacturer. I'd imagime if there is no real demand for them, they won't make them. Afterall, they ARE in the business to makey money, not one person happy.
  • poodog13poodog13 Member Posts: 320
    Are you basing this on the OEM wheel specs (diam/width), or the "select your car" fitment tool on most web sites? If the latter, the website probably just hasn't loaded the car into their listing (not GM's fault).

I'd try checking based on size specs.
    "...Are you basing this on the OEM wheel specs (diam/width), or the "select your car" fitment tool on most web sites? If the latter, the website probably just hasn't loaded the car into their listing (not GM's fault)..."

Both. But then again, I've been given conflicting information about the OEM specs by different Buick people. A salesman told me the new CXL comes with 18x7.5, 5x115 bolt pattern, zero offset. But a parts guy told me it's 18x7, 5x120 bolt pattern, and a 32 offset. I even called Buick directly, and the customer service rep said she would "escalate" the research and get back to me with an answer, but I've not heard back. I downloaded the user manual, nothing in there. Strange why it's so hard to get such very basic information like wheel specs. Maybe one of you owners can confirm for sure what the specs are?
  • bosco36bosco36 Member Posts: 2
    Order CXL on 10/24/2009 accepted by GM on 11/09/2009, built on 12/07/2009. Drove it home on 12/21/2009. Dealer help get it to me after it was built, visit them weekly,it may help. Also test your remote start, it may not have enough range to be worth using.
  • bass21279bass21279 Member Posts: 8
    I myself have been waiting to order a fully loaded blue CXS minus the rear dvd players. The reason I haven't placed the order yet is because Buick told me the Side Blind Zone Alert will not be available until late January to early February. So for those of you who got the blue CXS fully loaded, did you get the side blind zone alert? Also, did either of you get any of the dealer installed options listed on the Buick website such as the mp3 module that lets you control an ipod or the such through the steering wheel, or the lighted door sills or any additional ambient lighting? Any insight you can provide is appreciated.
  • bosco36bosco36 Member Posts: 2
    Any 2010 LaCrosse owners havimg problem with the lack of range with the remove start feature.
    Yeah, I noticed it wouldn't start unless I was a few feet away. But, I see it as a waste of gas anyway.
  • asctonyasctony Member Posts: 46
    I bought the 2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS White Diamond TriColor late Oct 2009 and found exactly what I was looking for. It only took me 2 days to find the dealer who found the car I wanted. Did not want to wait weeks or more for delivery. I guess I just lucked out. Very satisfied with the car and would not trade it for anything else. Did a lot of research and comparing to other cars such as CTS, MKS, MKZ, etc.
    Back on subject - NO Side Blind Zone Alert. NO MP3 Module on Steering Wheel.
    NO Additional ambient lighting.
    My only complaint is that they put Wheel Locks on the 18' wheels and they are not what should be on this car. I checked all around the Internet, Manufacturers, GM, Dealer, etc., to find an authorized Wheel Lock to no avail.
    The ones that they put on the wheels are for a wheel that has a cover. So the lug treads show and I cannot put the lug nut on the lug.
    I have posted this on another site and others are looking for the correct wheel lock. I did buy a set of 4 (1 for each wheel) that does work and looks better than the lug tread showing. Anyone know anything about where to get wheel locks (1 per wheel not a complete set that replaces all the lug nuts?)
    Sorry for being so long winded. TonynMI
  • Wheel locks are supposed to protect against the theft of expensive alloy wheels. However, the specially patterned socket is easy to lose, as well as easy enough for a determined thief to obtain. It's also very easy to strip the special wheel lock, and then you have a bigger problem. Sometimes, it is possible to get it off, but many times it has to be broken off, and the lug drilled out and replaced. You're probably as likely to ruin a wheel by hitting a hole or a curb, or if you get a flat tire and drive on the rim. You may end up with a ruined wheel and one you are not able to get off without great expense. To each his own, but I don't want to use them anymore. I don't live near or go anywhere often where wheel thefts have been a notable problem. Insurance works better I think.
  • asctonyasctony Member Posts: 46
    Gregg: Thanks for your input. However, there is no such thing anymore as a safe crime free area. I do have insurance on the wheels. Still looking for Buick Wheel Locks. Thanks again!
    :confuse: 2010 CXL 3.0 v6
    New car 1500 miles.
    Right after car starts hear a ( sound ) from rear of car. Sounds like a " Relay or a small damper door closing.( Hear only once on start-up.) Maybe fuel pump engaging? No problems or warning lights, could be normal for all I know. Any ideas, anyone experience this in their vehicle?
    Thanks
    >right after car starts

How long after? 30 seconds? Might be a pump for the self-leveling rear struts or shocks.

Immediately after might be something on the pollution controls opening or closing. I believe the carbon cannister may be in the rear of the car.

Hi
    1 to 2 - seconds after the starter releases and the engine is running.
    Thanks
    What I'd do myself is have someone else start the car which I had my ear near the rear of the car down near the ground to try to find the source of the sound. You might have to wait between tries for enough time to lapse for something to reset to where it does a cold start again. My guess is something being set in the pollution venting related to the carbon cannister.

There are several items on the metal of the package shelf underside in the trunk. Something inside there might be making a noise.

Good idea, I'll give it a try
    Thanks again
    Can anyone confirm what the wheel specs are for the 2010 Lacrosse CXL? I need bolt pattern, measurements, and offset for the factory 18" wheels. Thanks to anyone who can help! :-)
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    An ordered car typically will have a greater discount for you and a higher margin for the dealer. Win x 2.
    Okay I've had my 2010 Lacrosse CXL for 5 days now, and I am only getting 14.0 mpg. This is TERRIBLE and no where near where it should be. My driving has been about 60% city, 40% highway. Can someone guess what might be the problem?
  • e2helpere2helper Member Posts: 1,002
    Vapor canister has a vent solenoid which is used to "close off" system during diagnostic checking. Not sure if something with that happens when starting vehicle. Test only runs as you indicate under specific conditions.

Components on rear shelf panel
    Speakers - if you have Harmon Kardon Amplifier option and the OnStar module with its associated BUB and if you have navigation a GPS splitter because both OnStar and Navigation radio use GPS signal
  • Is it cold where you are right now? (Makes a very noticeable drop in mpg). Does your city driving include a lot of stoplights? Do you drive over the speed limit on the highway? A 5 day old car is not broken in either. How are you measuring mpg? Is it AWD? That engine does not get the mpg of the bigger 6. More than likely, given some time and a change of circumstances, you should see a substantial improvement.
    How many miles is your commute? With my CXS, and a 50/50 split on an 18 mile commute, I get 20-21. Any stops at a drive thru for coffee with 5 people in line???
    My driving has been pretty normal, if not rather efficient. Been driving about 25 miles a day, mostly city driving but very little time spent in traffic because my schedule allows me to avoid both rush hours. No drive thrus since I promised myself no food in the car (we'll see how long that lasts). As for cold temperatures, not really. I live in Orlando and the lowest it's been since I've had the car is around upper 50s and that was only one or two nights.
  • Ok, I concede...you have a problem, if you have been calculating your mileage accurately. If you have proof via gallons bought and miles driven, take that to the dealer.
  • juliachildjuliachild Member Posts: 2
    With only 289 miles on it, my 2010 CXL died while driving. Luckily, I was in front of my dealership and was able to get it pushed into service. Prognosis...the main computer crashed. Was wondering if anyone else had computer issues? Computer is now on order and GM is paying for a rental car. I have owned several Pontiacs and GMC's with hardly a service issue. Needless to say, this makes me very nervous!
    ".....With only 289 miles on it, my 2010 CXL died while driving. " :surprise:

Sorry to hear that. The only issue I'm aware of that is similar is a battery drain, but that would only cause a dead battery.