Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010-2011 Buick LaCrosse

Comments

• cooleyddcooleydd Member Posts: 105
    The more I am driving the LaCrosse the more I realize the danger of this "hesitation" (or whatever you want to call it). Once again today I found myself in trouble in trying to pass a car on the freeway and the hesitation caused a problem for the car behind me.

I am wondering if there is anything at GM Buick that has any fixes. I really do not trust the local dealers to fix this problem without some help from headquarters.

The other thing I am wondering about is this enough of a danger that a recall might be in order. Hopefully GM will do something before someone is hurt or killed because of this "hesitation".
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    edited June 2010
    Re the toyota camry problem with lag: someone with user name wwest figured out the change made to the camry transmission that led to the lag feeling. I recall he may have said the DBW kept the engine from demanding too much until the transmission was able to catch up with the shifting process.

toyota kept telling people they just needed to adjust their driving and learn to drive the car because it was drive by wire.

Here, I wonder if the transmission and engine control computers "learn" the driver's habits and that is factored into how the shifting, downshifting occurs. I wonder if since the car is new the drivers are being fairly gentle with it. I know I always have been. And the transmission and engine have adapted to that style of driving.

I would suggest trying more aggressive driving over several engine starts to see if the powertrain learns a more aggressively-adapted style of downshifting.

This would be a good question for the service manager at the store.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

I doubt the car has the ability to "learn" how we drive. I would suggest that we learn how to drive and not have the lag. In any case it is a dangerous lag that GM needs to deal with.

Mariah - can you send this to the engineers to see if they have a response.
  • mwhitworthmwhitworth Member Posts: 14
    I have a newer model Grand Marquis that does the same thing. I press on the gas pedal lets say going between 20 and 50 mph to pass someone or for whatever reason and it will "hesitate" for a second before it finally just takes off. I would say maybe just a second but no longer than that. I guess its just the characteristics of the V8 engine maybe as well.
  • bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    I found this consumer comment at http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/review-2010-buick-lacrosse-cxs-hiper-strut/ that I wish to share with forum readers here.

"NulloModo
    June 9th, 2010 at 6:06 pm

I drove a Lexus ES the other day, and the interior ‘wood’ (not sure if it was fake or real to be honest, I would lean towards fake just from appearance, but it could have just been low quality real wood) didn’t look any better than that in this LaCrosse. In fact, it looks like Buick and Lexus might even source their interior woodlike stuff from the same supplier.

Similarly, after hearing about the quality action and oil-damped feel of Lexus switchgear, I have report that it is all bupkis. The switchgear in the Lexus felt in no way appreciably different from that in a Lincoln, Buick, or Cadillac.

Finally, there is the myth of Lexus interior quality. The interior of the ES is nicely laid out, and overall very pleasant, but it is no better than a 2010 Taurus, LaCrosse, or Lincoln MKZ. The center console in the Lexus is made of hard plastic towards the bottom (where you will actually come into contact with it) and while the dash and doors were covered in nice soft-touch material, pretty much every other luxury or mainstream premium car does this too.

Suffice to say, a lot of the reviews and opinions about Lincoln, Buick, and Cadillac as compared to Lexus, Audi, and Acura are affected a good bit by the placebo effect. Reviewers go into an Audi review looking for things to praise, and go into a Buick review looking for things to pick apart. If you slapped a Lexus badge on a current MKZ or LaCrosse and set them side by side the current ES in Lexus showrooms, either one would outsell the ES.

Blaming things on the perception gap is a bit cliched, but it is real. As long as their are snobs out there who think that only being able to appreciate imports makes them appear as if they have good taste (when in reality it makes them appear like they have their heads stuffed up their asses to anyone with two licks of sense) you will have the false belief perpetuated that imports are always nicer than domestics, even when in reality that is not the case."
  • enphanenphan Member Posts: 23
    It may be the same for other cars, particularly with less power. I found the samething for 4 cylinders, also for V6 as well.
    1. FWD V6 has 255 HP but it is 3.0 litter so it accelerate somewhat slower than 3.8 litter also 255 HP. At high speed 40 mph, I have no problem accelerate to 70, but yes it is different when I drove 25 mph and try to get to 60
    2. This car is about 500 lbs heavier than other from the same category (for passing all crash test, I guess), so it also affect the acceleration
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello Cooleydd,
    How long has the hesitation been present in your vehicle? Can you email me more information so I can look into it further? You can get my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
    Hello Cooleydd,
    I did respond to you on your other post. Thank you,
    The new Lacrosse sales for Jan to May 2010 are 25,033 compared to 7,978 for comparable 2009 period. At the same time the Cadillac CTS sales for the comparable period are 14,892 and 17,366 respectively or a decrease of -14.2 percent.

At that rate sales deterioration in the CTS will get worse as buyers begin to recognize the CTS cannot justify the price premium. That shift in sales mix has created a new dilemma for GM, lower the Lacrosse price or lower both the Lacrosse and CTS price. Either way, it looks like a win win for the consumer.
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    edited June 2010
    Just keep in mind, that while I don't like the ES350 or LaCrosse because of their ultra soft suspension and boring/sloppy handling and driving characteristics, just my personal taste of course, the ES350 is 4 years old now and its design/style age is really beginning to show and is in badly need of a redesign, but that most likely won't happen until the end of 2011 as a completely redone 2012 and I suspect that Lexus is going to have the new LaCrosse on the back of their mind when they redo the ES because back in 2007, the LaCrosse was no where near the competitor to the ES350 that it is today!

Also, you need to keep in mind that brand new cars, like the LaCrosse, Taurus, etc area always going to have more pomp and circumstance over older/showing their age models, like the ES. Thats just the way the car market is, and its more important with the LaCrosse and Taurus considering how long they were neglected. The real test will be what Lexus does on the next gen ES to keep up or surpass the LaCrosse! The next 2-3 years should be quite interesting, to say the least!

What is really nice though, is that Buick finally stepped up their game and are producing quality and competitive automobiles to compete with Acura, Audi, Lexus, and MB. That not only gives us consumers more options when shopping, but is going to force those latter four foreign companies to step up their game and make sure their products can compete with the stuff coming out of Buick and Cadillac and that only goes to make sure us consumers, not matter what company we go with, get the best and most competitive products!
  • kjs8kjs8 Member Posts: 53
    I agree with your question for Mariah... Please add one for me, how long are we going to have to wait for a fix for the memory seats? It's a basic option that functions normally on many GM cars, why is it taking so long?
  • asctonyasctony Member Posts: 46
    I totally agree that GM/Buick is really falling down on the support. TOO busy dreaming up ideas on what to call a CHEVY! LOL
    What about the wheel locks for the LaCrosse CXS 2010? I have been waiting since October 2009 to get a resolution on this one. Small minor things are the things that people get discussed about.
    GM - quit changing management and just let them do their jobs.
  • 1ststate1ststate Member Posts: 9
    Please put me on the list as having "runaway seats" too.............
  • Looks like a win for GM too, with a net increase among the two models of about 15,000 units in that Jan-May period. CTS is older than the Lacrosse, so it is natural that there will be a leveling off for Cadillac. Also keep in mind, they are still pushing more CTS's than Lincoln can manage with the MKS. Plus, the Caddy gives consumers the choice of a rear drive sedan that can really handle. The Lacrosse appeals to more sedate drivers--which is admittedly the majority, but I admire GM for offering a dedicated rear drive platform in the CTS range.
  • cooterbfdcooterbfd Member Posts: 2,770
    ".....LaCrosse because of their ultra soft suspension and boring/sloppy handling and driving characteristics,"

You OBVIOUSLY haven't driven the new Lacrosse. The suspension is FAR from ultra soft, and it takes corners firm and true. Nothing like the Ultra that I replaced it with.
    edited June 2010
    Actually, I have driven it and it does, I'm sorry man, but is far from being a true Infiniti, Audi, and BMW competitor in regards to sporty characteristics and handling!

Its constantly compared to the ES350 in reviews, etc by the car mags and online car sites because of its soft suspension and mediocre handling, just like the ES has! Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say there is anything wrong with that, its just not my cup of tea for driving and ride characteristics but for others, it is exactly what they are looking for so more power to them!

Now I haven't test drive a Regal, but so far it sounds like that is going to be an entirely different animal to the LaCrosse in regards to ride, handling, and sporty nature.
    Well, the Audi, BMW and Infiniti are what I'd consider Sport/Luxury. Sport being their primary function. Even My CXS Lacrosse is a Luxury/Sport, with luxury as the primary function. Believe me It is far from the "couch on wheels" that the ES is. And the car is planted in the corners. Rock solid. It's slower times can be attributed to the 2.77 final drive ratio as well as the 4000 pounds.
    well have to agree to disagree :P ;)
  • burnrubburnrub Member Posts: 7
    i own a 2010 cxs and think it handles superbly.

i'd say it feels closer to german suspension than it does to the boats of yore. prior to the cxs, i was driving a 2007 BMW 335i. that car handled great, but it would get squirrly every time i took a corner fast and hit the slightest bump. the car would get airborne and i'd be lucky not to over-correct the steering and crash into something. don't get me wrong, the 335 handled like it was on rails, but i just didn't like to have to white knuckle the steering wheel every time i drove it agressively.

by comparison, the cxs handles very true and stays much more compliant through corners. when i hit a bump in the road on the cxs, it continues in the orginal direction and stays straight. i can drive windy roads in the cxs witrh one hand, whereas the unpredictablity of the 335 required two hands at all times.

all this said, the 335 is clearly the the sportier handling car. but it was nowhere near as luxurious. and for a big girl, the cxs dances next to the 335 rather admirably (and i think probably even better).

also, i don't know anyone that would think the cxs feels floaty when driven in sport mode. switch the cxs to sport mode and the electronic suspension tightens up and road feedback really comes alive .

i guess it all comes down to personal preference.
  • poodog13poodog13 Member Posts: 320
    Those cars are great on perfect road conditions, but trust me when I tell you that perfect roads don't exist in Western PA. Most of our turns are riddled with pot holes, cracks, and bumps. Got to have some compromise between stiff ride and dampening in order to survive in one piece (and with all of your fillings still in place).
    Dear Mariah GM Customer Service,

I ordered a Lacrosse CXS four weeks ago and I am yet to receive an acknowledgment from the dealer. Not even a phone call or an email from the salesman to stroke my ego or to say thanks. Frustrated by their non-responsiveness I have been to the dealership three times, and the answer is always the same. They have no information on a VIN or a build date. What makes the situation so irritating is that there are so few Buick dealerships in my area. There was one only 3 miles away but GM shut them down and the next closest one is 17 miles away. Besides, I want to sell my Avalon to a private buyer for $3,000 more than I would receive as a trade-in but it appears she cannot wait much longer.

With such a desirable automobile and so little competition that dealership is taking advantage of my eagerness and is treating me like a lump of protoplasm.

For those who ordered their Lacrosse, how long did you have to wait and what progress reports did you receive while you wait?
    edited June 2010
    My order took 18 weeks and the dealer could not tell me anything until he got the shipping invoice from the transport company a few days before delivery. I had him contact everybody including his zone rep and nobody had answers. It's not the dealers fault totally, it's lack of info from GM. I bought a loaded CXS and I love the car but the quality issues, No memory seats that work, Intermittent rearview camera, bluetooth issues, door panel to dash fit issues, all with no response from GM on solutions, and my dealer is the best I've experienced. I'm beginning to think I made a mistake.
  • dslongdslong Member Posts: 10
    Reading the messages on this board is both helpful and depressing at the same time. I am having many of the same little problems experienced by others. Memory seat not working, blue-tooth may or may not work, same for the back-up camera. Seat issue from way back (seat is not level) which I thought had been fixed is not. Service writer told me it was designed that way for ease of exit.( what an idiot). I'm sure I'm going to have to pay some independent shop to fix it, the only thing stopping me is concerns about warranty matters when the power seats or the power lumbar stops working and they (GM) wants to blame it on the independent shop. I'm truly at a crossroad, do I take the thousands of dollar loss trading this thing in or learn to live with all the gremlins. Maybe I should do some extensive warranty research and see if Ibuprofen is covered. Because driving this car any distance causes back pain. I freely admit, this purchase was a mistake.
  • e_net_ridere_net_rider Member Posts: 1,380
    That is not good. I've been looking since beginning of year and have not yet found the exact one I want. Well I did via the chat finally having their equipment fully up and that was about 3 weeks ago, but it was located in Kansas. It seems that is too far away for area dealers to work with. I'm on the east coast.
    And to make matters worse, pulling the window sticker for a vehicle is no longer helpful. Several weeks back they stopped listing the added options and you only get the price of the options. This sucks.
    And there also seems to be a major shift to the brown interior, at least on those in stock. I've learned that is not the color I want. It is in my Malibu and coincides with some info I ran across a few years back. And that is that brown absorbs more heat than any other color. With the ac doing the best it can, you still feel the heat coming off that dark brown dash as if you were next to a hot fire. This might be desirable for colder climates, but here in the south I'd stay away from the brown. It does seem to be popular likely because it is a change from the oft used grays. With the limited interior choices I will have to go with the gray.
    It seems the only way to get what I want is order and from what you say the 2011 will be in production by then unless they cancel the summer shutdown.
  • nceencee Member Posts: 419
    car, but not there yet. VERY close, but still not a Lexus or Toyota in my opinion anyways.

I've driven both, and would gladly have purchase a Lacrosse for it's looks alone, but I drive a car, not look at it, and based on test drives, I purchased an Avalon (which I might add, I'm not totally pleased with, just the best of the cars I test drove, in the budget I was working with.

I think in the future, I'll look at only off-lease cars or 1, 2 year old trade-ins, and get more car for my buck. This opens a whole new window of choices as well.

Skip
    edited June 2010
    My order took 18 weeks and the dealer could not tell me anything until he got the shipping invoice from the transport company a few days before delivery.

Wow! 18 months and with so many Gremlins to boot. Reminds me of the old addage, never have I waited so long for so little. Nonethelss, I was hoping to take delivery before my birthday in mid July but it does not look likely. And this is the same GM that wants to go ahead with an IPO. If they continue with business as usual it won't be long before they show up at the fed window for yet more money.
  • kplacerkplacer Member Posts: 97
    Maybe I'm wrong -- but I suspect there are more than a few trolls in this discussion.
  • poodog13poodog13 Member Posts: 320
    Had it on order for 18 months, huh? Was this car even being built 18 months ago? Were they even taking orders back then? I'm sorry, but I have trouble believing that someone placed an order on a car that wasn't even available yet.
    Oops! my bad. I meant to say 18 weeks, NOT 18 months.

By the way, yesterday I saw up close, a brand new Lacrosse CXS in a hotel parking lot, dressed in the moca steel color that I ordered, and man I almost had an orgasmic experience.
    By any objective standard this is a nice looking car and I can't wait for mine to be delivered.
  • johnh7johnh7 Member Posts: 67
    I waited 12 weeks and took delivery at the end of March, so the wait may not be as bad as 18 weeks. I heard at the time that one of the production hold ups involved having enough available sunroofs. At any rate - you are in that black hole and your expectation is that you might get some info when the car is shipped from the factory but not much before. The dealer has no info and probably won't until that time.

I have the mocca steel as well and the color is not at all as it appears on the Buick website. It's very beautiful. I also haven't experienced any of the technical problems others have referenced on this site. I don't doubt them - but my seats aren't misaligned, the left and right front door panels are perfectly square to the dash, my bluetooth works perfectly and, while there is definitely some hesitation with accelerating at highway speeds, the delay is not a second; rather, some fraction of a second, which is not much of a concern once you develop a feel for the car. Now - I have a CXL so it's possible some of these "gremlins" people are complaining about are unique to the CXS. Or maybe I just got lucky.
  • bt06bt06 Member Posts: 32
    I have a CXL as well and it's been great! I noticed a number of complaints on here are for the CXS. I think johnh7 may be on to something, could be a model issue.
  • cleo10cleo10 Member Posts: 6
    My LaCrosse is 3 weeks old and I noticed a similar "clunk" on start-up -- but not every time. I'm trying to see if I can detect the conditions that cause this. Saw somewhere that leaving the AC on may have something to do with it. Please let lme know if you find anything out and I'll do the same.
    Local sales is telling me 6 to 8 weeks.
    We have discussed a lag in the pickup on the LaCrosse on this forum. Several have reported the problem. It also almost caused an accident when I was driving. In addition we have discussed the drivers seat problem of returning and not returning to the pre set location. Many have reported this as a problem.

Took the car in to the selling dealer to see if they could solve the problems (3200 miles) and their report "problem not found" and did nothing. I very carefully told them how to reprodce both problems - guess I was talking to a wall. What now?
    >"problem not found" and did nothing. I very carefully told them how to reprodce both problems

Did you talk to _the_ service manager, not just the work order writers?

• adpcsadpcs Member Posts: 59
    I've had my CXS since the end of April and have about 3500 miles on it. After reading the posts regarding the "lag", i checked mine, and i have not noticed any problems at all. i have checked several times. However, I do have the memory seat problems. They need to tie the seat entry exit into the ignition not the door opening...
    edited June 2010
    e_net_rider,

Be a little patient.

After five weeks of waiting, I finally heard from my dealer. He does not have a build date yet but my order is finally in the system and it will be a 2011 CXS with the Touring Package and 19-inch wheels, navigation, and blind side alert system.

Current incentives are scheduled to end June 30---does anybody know if they will be extended or if GM will offer a new incentive program on the 2011?

Update: What a bummer, I just spoke with customer service and she said if it is a 2011, then no incentives are available at this time.
    --July 1, 2010—GM reported that LaCrosse total sales in June rose 174 percent and retail sales increased 143 percent compared to the same month last year. The LaCrosse is making its mark with new customers with 42 percent of LaCrosse sales coming from non-GM makes. Out of those customers trading in a non-GM make, 19 percent of sales are coming from import vehicles. http://www.gm.com/corporate/investor_information/sales_prod/index.jsp
    edited July 2010
    Pardon the over zealousness but right now I am anticipating taking delivery of my new Lacrosse CXS laden with technology features that I have never experienced before.

On my previous purchases I never prepared a checklist nor take the car for a test drive. So would recent owners be kind enough to share some of the things I should include in my pre-delivery checklist? I like to avoid an unnecessary return trip to the dealer to fix minor items that could be remedied before taking delivery. At the top of my list is a test drive, but is this really necessary and what should I be looking for?

By the way, does the car come with a video that explains how to operate all the technology features that comes with this automobile?

Well, the memory seat has been a bone of contention as far as actually saving the position. Also, you may want to make sure the bluetooth is working properly (issues people have brought up on this site). The only issues I have left to be taken care of after 10 months is to have the rear sunshade replaced (it catches on a drip of glue that keeps it from extending all the way and has caused a small tear in the shade) and a rubbing sound in the steering wheel. All which can be taken care of at the next oil change.
  • mtwaletmtwalet Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2010
    I took delivery of my '10 CXS in the middle of May. As I was driving the car home I noticed a vibration in the seat and the steering wheel. Upon returning to the dealer, they rebalanced all of the wheels (road forced). The following week I took the car to Baltimore via the interstate. At speeds of 52mph to 70 the vibration at both end was still there but not as bad. I took the car back to the dealer and they proceeded to tell me there was nothing wrong with the car. They didn't take the car out on the interstate. I told the service manager that something fell off the car on the Baltimore trip then all of the sudden they said there was a wheel weight missing. The service manager then told me they rebalanced the wheels and tires, but refused to write a service order for the work. So I just added the record to the first service order. Lo and behold, the vibration is still there. I'm thinking maybe a tire, but once I hit a Michelin dealer for tires and the problem is still there Mr Goodwrench will say it is out of their hands. This car now has 700 miles on it and still has the vibration. I sent a letter to the service manager informing him so and I asked that he get a factory rep involved. Still waiting to hear back from him.

I moved out of a 2007 Toyota Avalon Limited that was fully loaded to move into this Lacrosse. So far, I'm not too impressed. I look at it as a GM Luxury Camry!

My faults with the car thus far:
    - memory seat position button has to be held in until the seat returns to the desired position,

- you can't see the front of the hood and it is hard to judge the distance when parking,

- the car should have front parking sensors,

- lots of 'blind spots',

- there is no shaded windshield (at the top),

- there is no internal release button for the gas lid,

- the tilt telescope wheel operation should be electric (as in the Caddy and Corvette),

- no internal trunk release,

- the dash to door panel is a knee killer when exiting the car,

- and of course, the wheel vibration.

I would have thought for a newly designed car, there would have been more taken into consideration. Example.....my CXS was special ordered with every option available except the block heater and the touring package. Having purchased the headlight and heads-up display, it was my thinking that the blind side alert would have been in that package. GM said no in that it was a separate option. Since it wasn't listed as a separate option, I challenged Buick as to why the blind spot alert wasn't incorporated into the headlight and heads-up display. I'm still waiting for that explanation!

Maybe I am being a little over sensitive or my expectations were too high, but I don't think I got what I paid for. I hope GM and Buick make it right.
  • nceencee Member Posts: 419
    No you are not asking to much. You paid good hard earned money for the car and you should be happy with it.

This is the kind of thing, that gives Toyota and others the upper hand - sometimes.

Now that being said, maybe have a friend drive the car and see what he / she has to say about it when they try to get the issue(s) to happen for them.

As for some of the other issue.

I sounds like, you should have test driven a car like the one you wanted to purchase, so you'd know what you were going to get. Now don't get me wrong, I didn't test drive my last car as much as I should have, or I might not have purchased it (but would have got a different model of the same car) - I purchased a 2008 Avalon Touring Edition. which is a bit harsher ride than I'd like, but love the car other then that.

CXS Should have:

- Shaded Windshield - damn near every car made now a days does
    - Internal release for truck, and fuel - YES
    - Tilt telescope wheel?
    - Blind Spots?

That being said, there should be or should have been a detailed listing of what the model car you were purchasing was going to come with. At least you could then decide if you wanted to add some options, or a different model all together.

Skip
    What does the blind spot alert come, as is it part of a package? I thought it came on all CXS.
    On a new vehicle, that vibration would be more than annoying to me. From what I've read, the Lacrosse has a stiffer body and that might put it in the group of cars that RFB was invented for. They had stiffer body, certain Cadillac and the Olds Aurora.
    Since you have already had that done, you might try rotating tire from front to rear until it is either all on the rear or on the front. I would suggest the front and when you have it all there, then rotate that pair to the rear. Its a lot of tire moving, but that should tell you tires or something else. But that is not to say it is not tire in combination with something else, such as weight on tire.

What I am angling toward is the possibility of CV shaft entering into the equation. My experience with new Malibu is that it showed up intermittantly on the flat land for about 3K. Then on a trip, it showed up going up inclines and down inclines. By the time I got to Nashville from southeast GA it quit. Once since then, about 6K, it went to vibrating like I threw a big wheel weight for about 5 miles. Nothing since then, now 10K. Damned annoying, such stuff. Dealer would look at me like I'm crazy if I took it in. I don't know the cause, but it does seem to need a break-in, if it does not come apart in that time. It might be that they are using the common cheap tripod joint. To my thinking that would be like using a single U-joint on RWD vehicle. Often noisy and creating vibration, and don't seem to last as long as those that have the CV joint. (That is two U-joints and the third member at each end of the drive shaft.)
    I have seen shafts that use a full balls and cage at each end and they are quite smooth.
    Memory seat not momentary, that is just plain wrong and needs fixing.
    What is it with doing away with the tinted top of windshield? Does the dealer offer a nice applique to help shade?
    Electric, that is a thought, but I'd rather have a true tilt instead of rake.
    Trunk release, is that just being cheap?
    Gas lid, I'm not sure how it is on this vehicle, but Malibu has a toggle piston that pops door up. I thought it was a switch tied to alarm until I learned otherwise. Is not what is in your tank as important as what you might leave in vehicle?
    Has anyone else experienced a "clunk" sound within seconds of starting their CXS? I have had this problem after the first week and have been trying to identify what conditions cause this but for the past three weeks or so, I'm coming to the conclusion that it is totally random and happens at least 50% of the time. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks,
    I have a 2010 CXS and I feel that I paid for the tri-package of high intensity lights, heads-up display and blind side alert. My car was delivered without the blind side alert. Why would I not expect it to be dealer installed now that it is available? Is the wiring harness different or is GM just not going to go to the expense of replacing both mirrors which would include this option?
    Hello Cleo10,
    I apologize that you are experiencing a concern with your vehicle. Have you taken it to the dealership to have the vehicle diagnosed? Thank you,
    I was hoping to identify when or what triggers this first -- maybe somone else had a similar issue. I'll call and get an appointment. Thanks . . . Cleo10
  • mtwaletmtwalet Member Posts: 10
    Let us know how you make out getting GM to make that good. I thought the blind side alert was coming with the car. I don't know what it would take to convert the standard system on the car.
    Hello Cleo10,
    No problem. If you have any other questions please let me know. Thank you,
    >identify when or what triggers this first

First, I'd turn off the AC when I start the car. You might be getting a torque sound as the compressor clutch catches.

Also, have someone start the car while you stand watching and listening with the hood up to see if you can hear it from there. Also put your hand on top of the engine cover to see if you feel the thunk.

In addition, try turning the HVAC controls off completely to see if that solves it.
    I have heard a thunk which I believe is one of the doors inside my HVAC unit occasionally give a thunk sound underneath the dash.