Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010-2011 Buick LaCrosse

Comments

• cooleyddcooleydd Member Posts: 105
    I get a loan pitched sound occasionally when I am moving slow and make a turn. Usually out of the garage. Never notice it at any other time. Dealer says it goes with the territory - it is common in this model. Result is I never turn the wheel when the car is standing - learned this years ago when power steering arrived - it puts a real strain on everything. Likewise I do not turn sharply (or at all) when I am going very slow - same reasoning with this car and have not heard the sound in a while..
  • ppirsigppirsig Member Posts: 4
    According to the sticker on the inside of the driver's door, the build date for my CXS is 01/10.

According to the bottom of page iii, my Owner’s Manual part number is 25919686A First Printing.

In this example, you can see the Owner’s Manual part number is 20923540 A First Printing.

The Vehicle Personalization documentation begins on Page 4-38 and runs through Page 4-43.
    Vehicle Personalization

There are discrepancies between the manual documentation and what actually displays.
    Documentation Comparison

For example:

The manual lists seven menu items under Climate and Air Quality but only six display and they are worded differently.

The manual lists four menu items under Comfort and Convenience but only three display.

The manual lists Personalization by Driver under Comfort and Convenience but this does not display. This seems to be a major problem in that, according to the documentation, “This allows the selection of if [sic] the personalization settings are specific to each driver or the same no matter which key [sic] (fob) was used to enter and start the vehicle.” Whoever wrote the documentation is, most decidedly, not an English major.

The manual lists Collision/Detection Systems but this does not display.

The manual lists five menu items under Remote Lock/Unlock/Start; however, seven menu items display.

Questions:
    1. What is the build date for your vehicle?
    2. What is the part number of your Owner’s Manual?
    3. Does your manual documentation match what actually displays?
    4. Is the Delayed Door Lock documentation in your manual different from mine?
    5. Does Personalization by Driver actually appear as a menu item on your vehicle?
  • bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    edited August 2010
    What can I say. After one thousand miles of mixed driving my 2011 CXS has met and exceeded my expectations. Coming from a flawless Avalon I was looking for a car with similar characteristics: smooth, quiet, a great sound system, premium quality leather stitched together with excellent fit and finish and highway driving free of road noise. The CXS delivered on all of these except cabin road noise which is very annoying on rough highway patches. By comparison our 2008 Malibu is much more quiet. The 19” inch wheels on the CXS might explain this cacophony in the cabin.

So far I have no issues, knock on wood. The car is fast but has a slight lag between when you depress the accelerator pedal and the car’s response to it. I am having a ball with all these technology features: The Xenon headlights are blindingly bright and has brought confidence back to my night driving again. I would advice all future owners to get the Xenon because it is a small price to pay for such an improvement in night vision.

Two things I care strongly about are the navigation and stereo systems. The navigation system works fine but the map is not as refined or clear as my Magellan portable device. So, I rely more on the voice prompts than the visual cues. When using the eNav feature with MapQuest the volume decibel is much higher than in the regular mode. By the way, does anyone know how to adjust the volume in the eNav mode. On the other hand XM traffic is great and is well worth the extra $3.99 monthly fee.

The sound system is very good but the bass sounds a little muffled, certainly not as clear as the JBL in the Avalon. I’ve tried resetting it but it does not seem to make much of a difference. I don’t have an iPod (yet?) so I have not yet used that feature but recording my CDs directly to the hard drive make a CD changer look primitive by comparison.

On the road the car gives me pleasure as I drive each mile. The handling is crisp, the car soaks out road bumps and the adaptive suspension really does work. The adaptive suspension can be best explained by walking barefoot on gravel. You feel every pebble under your foot so you adjust your walking accordingly. I am averaging about 19 MPG because I do a lot of stop and go driving as well as I left the engine running idle on a couple of occasions for well over two hours.

Final verdict: The CXS is an alluring and great car! I like the looks of the 19” wheels but I hate the ride on rough roads.
  • crankeeecrankeee Member Posts: 298
    Great news on the CXS. We picked up our 2010 CXL on 7/9 and have the same positive feedback. The CXL package has 18" wheels and Michelin tires with the H-arm rear suspension. Car is EXCELLENT on the highway. No complaints on rough roads or bumps. Stability/shocks/H-arm setup makes for a firm but pleasant ride at 75mph. 29 MPG a nice surprise at 75 on 1500 mile trip with regular gas. Car is setup for economy NOT drag racing which is what we wanted this time!
    The Bluetooth, OnStar & computer aided feedback --tire pressure, mileage, o/s temp, diagnostics readings to e.mail account monthly and service data very friendly. The interior is "to die for" per the wife (primary driver). Beautiful car.
  • tom2246tom2246 Member Posts: 29
    Have a similar problem. When I back out of a parking space and turn real hard it sounds as though it's binding on something. I have 2010 CSX with the "sport" option.
  • rainman5542rainman5542 Member Posts: 114
    Anyone have word on a software upgrade? Is the 2011 more capable with Blackberry contacts?
  • benc3981benc3981 Member Posts: 9
    The symptoms I'm having are getting worse.
    General Motors supposely are working on a fix.
    I have contacted Lemon Law here in Penna.
    I'm worried about a saftey issue even though General Motors said there is none.
    The Toyota gas peddle comes to mind.
    edited August 2010
    AM transmissions are subject to transmitter line of sight and FCC poor limitations. You probably noticed in the past that the further you moved away from home the station faded and you picked up the next town or not much. FM is much more robust IMO. XM Satellite service was marketed to fill this gap.
    Good luck with improving AM reception on modern cars due to decline of AM stations and market for these antiquated stations limited transmission fields.
    I'm assuming you have the "magnetic" assist.

Do you have a case number for your problem?

I'm not sure wether I'm learning to avoid the problem by the way I drive or it's curing itself, somehow. Every so oftem when I get in a tight spot it comes back but otherwise it is only an annoyance.

However I can imagine GM having to replace my whole front steering system at some point.
  • tomi60tomi60 Member Posts: 6
    I live 30 miles from an AM station and experience bad reception. I have a 2000 Chevrolet pickup and a 2003 Park Avenue and both have excellent reception. On those vehicles I can receive stations 120 miles away so the reception problems I am experiencing are due to a faulty antenna system on an expensive radio. I can pick those stations up with a $10 portable radio in my home.
    edited August 2010
    Sounds like you have isolated problem to your setup. In old days the AM/FM radios in cars had an antenna adjustment screw that functioned like tuning "rabbit ears" on a TV. Digital radios may not have that setup and have only one physical antenna connection for the rear window antenna - don't know the answer.
    Dealer may check antenna hookup for reception or replace radio unit (may not fix).
    good luck
  • adpcsadpcs Member Posts: 59
    I am taking my car in tomorrow for some really weird Navigation System problems, so i wanted an update on the seat issue. If it has been fixed (as far as you can tell), I will tell my dealership the part number that fixed your problem.
    Thanks!
    If you have a 2011 with the navigation system, what is the map version that you have? I believe mine is from March 2009, and since i am going in tomorrow for Navigation problems, i wanted to see about an update.

THanks.
  • benc3981benc3981 Member Posts: 9
    Yes my case # is71-859770148, also my noise is getting louder and people standing 25 feet or more notices the weird sound
  • tom_m1tom_m1 Member Posts: 3
    The BT in my 2010 LaCrosse works great except when you exit the vehicle. When I turn off and exit the vehicle, the BT stays connected. The problem this creates is that my cellphone is no longer functional outside of the vehicle. An example - if I were to stop at a convenience store and go inside, my cell phone will not work. If I were to receive a call, the phone would ring but I cannot answer it. I would have to rush to the car to answer the phone. This is VERY inconvenient. Also, I cannot make a phone call outside of the vehicle.

I have had this checked out by the dealer and they said Buick service indicated that this was the normal operation of the BT. In order for me to disconnect BT, I had to go into my phone settings and turn BT off. And then when I wanted to use BT, I again had to go into my phone settings and turn BT back on.

I contacted the Buick help line by phone and asked for this "problem" be escalated. After a couple of days, I was informed that the dealer had it right, this was the way the system is programmed and cannot be changed.

I also informed the Buick rep that I have an 08 Explorer with BT. This vehicle works exactly as it should. When I turn off and exit my Explorer, the BT disconnects and I am able to use my cell phone normally. When I re-enter the vehicle and start the engine, the BT automatically reconnects. Great.

Is this a design/engineering flaw or error that Buick is not able or willing to correct? Has anyone else experienced this problem or am I the only one?

Thanks for any help or insight to my problem.
  • kjs8kjs8 Member Posts: 53
    Mine works exactly the same with one addition. When in the car the phone rings once and there is no incoming call then the stereo returns to full volume like you just finished a call. This occurs about every 15 minutes as long as my phones bluetooth is active. Buick has no answer and blames my Samsung phone which works fine in my truck. I have given up and have the bluetooth turned off. The LaCrosse is an outstanding car but Buick will not address the issues that plague it's design. How can it be that after almost one year Buick still has no fix for the power memory seats? I'm reminded about Buick's lack of concern for a customer almost every day when the seat will not return when the car is unlocked. it's frustrating as an owner.
    i wonder if it is possible that the phone could be to blame. I have a blackberry with the latest software, and mine works perfectly. In fact, I notice that as soon as i turn the car off, it shows gm disconnected on the phone. Then, when i turn the car on, it takes about 30 seconds for the bluetooth to be recognized. I also have not noticed the problem about ringing. Mainly i use my headset, but there have been about a dozen times when i have used the car's bluetooth.
    Have you tried with another phone?
    Thanks for your feedback.
    My wife has a Samsung and I have a Motorola cellphone. They both work the same in the LaCrosse and in the Explorer. The LaCrosse keeps the BT connected even if you are outside the car.
  • poodog13poodog13 Member Posts: 320
    So the BlueTooth stays connected even when the phone is off?

I'm sorry, but I have trouble believing that the car is maintaining a bluetooth connection to a vehicle that is no longer under power. The more likely scenario is that your phone is not successfully detecting that the bluetooth connection has been severed and is therefore staying in bluetooth operation mode even when the related device (the car) has been powered down.
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,092
    I tend to agree. Cellphones are flaky at best and the industry is notorious for not properly delivering or implementing features they say the devices offer. I hate the things.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

Just to help clear up some confusion:
    The cellphone is turned on with the BT turned on.
    With the car running, there is a BT connection.
    I can turn the car off and exit the vehicle. The BT connection is still maintained. I cannot use my cellphone from outside the vehicle.

If I get far enough away from the car, about 50 to 60 feet, the BT connection is broken and I can use my cellphone. However, it I then again come close to the car, the BT connection is re-established and I am at the point where my cellphone is not usable. This all takes place with the car turned off.

Although my two phones are from different manufacturers, they are both Verizon products. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I will attempt to borrow a non-Verizon phone and see what happens.
    I also think its your phone. Some phone models did poor jobs of implementing the protocols. My Blackberry Storm 2 (9950) on Verizon works fine. My issue its that there is no way to send the contacts from the phone's address book to the Buick HDD
    I have a BB 9700(?) with T-Mobil and the only issue is with the contact list. It won't sync to the car. My 3 yr. old Garmin does just fine and loads the whole list.

When I step out and the car is still running. The BB asks where I want to take the call, in-car or out. Pretty smart. I think the Buick may have a newer BT protocal that isn't recognized by your older phones(?).

Just remember they sell Onstar so why would they want you to be too happy with your own cell. :D
    Verizon old Razr/ new Samsung also pair seamlessly with Bluetooth in our 2010 Lacrosse CXL and will default to whichever phone it detects first. BT allows the phones to enter numbers for digital input sites also.
    OnStar is good backup IF you forget your phone or need Onstar specific service
    other than the phone. The BT & OnStar systems work off the same basic system and are very compatible with certain smart phones. Great for convenience, safety and security in our opinion. Have fun.
    edited August 2010
    In writing about the Lacrosse on 08/17/2010 Charles Krome wrote:

"The end result, of course, has been staggering. July sales of the LaCrosse were up 362.3 percent, driving up its year-to-date performance to a 228.3 percent increase over the first seven months of 2009.

And at this stage, the volumes for the LaCrosse are really starting to pile up. Last month sales crested the 7,000-unit mark, hitting 7,047 to be exact. The sales of its key rival, the Lexus ES, were down 10.3 percent last month, at 4,093 units. The Lincoln MKS sold a meager 969 units, a decrease of 19.6 percent.”

By comparison in November 2009 Buick sold about 3,000 Lacrosses

http://www.autotropolis.com/research/buick-lacrosse/

-
    edited August 2010
    More Stats:

The lacrosse sales performance for July is even more impressive when compared to the Avalon and the Acura TL. I hope the momentum carries into August.

The all-new Avalon sedan posted sales of 2,815 units, up 42.1 percent over the year-ago month. (Hmm! and this is a model that sold over 106K units in 2001)

Acura sales for the performance luxury TL sedan tallied 3,123 units, a decrease of 9.1 percent from year-ago month.

By the way, I am yet to see a Lacrosse on the road. I saw one in a hotel parking lot a few months ago and that’s it.

-
  • cooleyddcooleydd Member Posts: 105
    I have seen a number of Lacrosse's on the road and several in parking lots close to me and have talked to several of the owners. Everybody happy.

Now that I have had the updated drivers seat module replaced and the seat is working as it should - I am happy.

Since I ran over a rock (about the size of a red brick) and destroyed both the aluminum rim (a six inch gash) and the tire (19" rims) at a cost of $1000 I am very careful what I hit. However with the streets, roads and highways in such disrepair I worry about hitting a pothole. With the 15"/16" rims one never worried about damaging the rims because the wide side walls of the tires would absorb the hit - not true of the 19" rims with tires with very narrow side walls.

All in all the combination makes one's butt feel every little bump in the road and I believe the tires are more noisy. In the past (15"/16" wheels and tires) you could lower the tire pressure a little to make a more comfortable ride. Afraid to do this with this combination.

One additional find is the tires seem to lose a few pounds of pressure very quickly.
    My contacts within GM have gotten me the following document #PI0172: Power Steering System Moan/Squawk or Metal Grind Noise When Turning Steering Wheel - (Jul 2,2010)

2 points:

They need to check for any type of power steering line ground out to the the body by following PIC5235C.

Check to be sure noise is from steering gear. If this is the case do not repair as it won't do any good - maybe. They are "working on a slution" which is supposed to be released shortly.

My read is they know what it is but don't know how to fix it yet. :mad:
  • john178john178 Member Posts: 48
    When I did my research and test drives, the LaCross won hands down over the Acura TL and Lexus ES. I remain convinced that perception still hurts buyers of Buick- its just not fashionable to purchase an American made car; thus the purchase of a Lexus or Acura is more of a status thing. Over the years I have driven a number of cars, and in a way the LaCross reminds me a lot of some Grand Prixs that I have owned. I purchased a 2011 LaCross CXL(V-6), red jewell tintcoat with tan interior, and 18" chrome wheels. The car has both class and is sporty. For a car in the mid 30's I'm not sure I could have done any better. The ride, handling, interior design and elegance are really something. Referring to some earlier posts, I understand why the LaCross is selling so well. Congratulations Buick!
  • I don't think American cars are unfashionable, and it is proven with sales successes like Lacrosse. It is selling several times as many as the previous Lacrosse because it meets or exceeds the competition, and is not a dowdy old thing, like many Buicks used to be.

American cars were unfashionable when comparative quality of design and build were not there. Perceptions can change fast if you have good product that is also attractive. Witness Kia and Hyundai's rise in the world by revamping their line-up. Look at the great perception Ford brand (not Lincoln) brand products have now.
    Congratulations John and welcome to the growing list of happy and satisfied Lacrosse owners. Enjoy all the technology toys and the ride. By the way, did you get a one year OnStar trial subscription? If not, call customer service they may extend it to one year as they did for me.
    I had my On Star months remaining transferred to my Lacrosse ( finally got the spelling right!), along with XM radio months remaining. As per a reply to my earlier post, I hope people give the Lacrosse a close look when comparing to other choices. As far as perception and what is fashionable- the same can be said about the Chevy Malibu, which I compared to the Accord and Camry before purchasing a new 2010 Malibu last year for one of my kids. The problem is that for so many years, consumers have given up on American made cars, and perception and what is fashionable is difficult to overcome. I am very happy to see the increased sales of the Lacrosse. I have owned Buick LeSabres before and personally liked the ride and quality, even though the "experts" said it rode like a boat. If so, I was a happy customer! Long live the Buick Lacrosse!
    We agree with the comments on the new Lacrosse. Our 2010 is a great change from previous GM models, i.e. Cadillac Deville, 2 Pontiac Bonnevilles and 1 Grand Prix, Buick Lesabres, we have owned. The 2010 Lacrosse is more European in design with the DOHC aluminum direct injected V-6 engine, 6-speed transmission, H-arm suspension, large door access, fold down rear seats and other features.
    The driveability is also much improved to us. Smooth, quiet and efficient with 29 mpg on the hiway at 75 mph. Safety, convenience and hi-tech features are at a level with any available model even near the selling price.
    Only remaining factor is the long term quality that places like Consumers Reports will report on down the road. The basic components are tried and tested on previous models but the overall model will report on itself over time.
    Great car so far after 2300 miles!
    One of the problems I think GM has had is not getting enough of these popular models to the dealers fast enough. The LaCrosse is a prime example- I know several Buick dealers that could sell many more of these but have their hands tied because these cars are almost siphoned off to dealers. The Cadillac SRX is another example that I experienced. It seems to me that these popular models should be a priority and let dealers order as many as they can sell- not have a quota of how many they can order. I am not part of the Jet Set with getting into speed or anything but I went on a very windy road today and was impressed with how my LaCrosse handled the curves. GM hit a homerun on this model- now get more out to the dealers!
    That should be winding road, not windy road from Post # 797!
    edited September 2010
    john178 wrote:
    As far as perception and what is fashionable- the same can be said about the Chevy Malibu, which I compared to the Accord and Camry before purchasing a new 2010 Malibu last year for one of my kids.

I originally posted this in the Malibu forum today but hope it is not out of place here.

John, like you I believed in the Malibu until this happened:

"Just as we started having problems with the electric power steering in our 2008 Malibu about three weeks ago we received a recall notice from GM. On Monday it died and the car was rendered undriveable.

So for three days they've been working on replacing the electric power steering motor. First, they did not have the part on hand, and now, the fix is such a big job they have to remove the console. I asked the service manager if they had the proper tools to do the job. He said yes and promises there will be no squeaks and rattles when the job is done.

Up this point the Malibu was bullet proof and we bragged about its quality and reliability incessantly. Now, I am not quite so sure. Nonetheless, I hope they extend the warranty on this new electric power steering motor because I would hate to have to replace it in two years time down the road.

With the rash of problems involving the electric power steering in the Cobalt and now the Malibu I hope GM reverts back to the hydraulic power steering set-up."

-
    Wow! You are right- this should not have happened to a 2008 Malibu. I traded in a 2010 Malibu with 20,000 miles on it for the LaCrosse. I actually had a new 2006 Cadillac DTS that I traded in on the Malibu- I wanted something smaller with better gas mileage ( on the highway was getting 37 MPG on Malibu). I never had one problem with this car, as the other 2010 Malibu in our household has never had one issue either. From other Malibu owners I know, quality seems to be one of the strong suits for the car, so I'm assuming what happened to you was the exception rather than the rule. The LaCrosse I now have gives me a ride nearly as comfortable as my DTS, and the handling of the car has been quite impressive. The MPG won't come close to the Malibu, but I was ready for a slightly larger car. And yes, being addicted to new cars is one of my vices!
  • overbrookoverbrook Member Posts: 275
    Lacrosse outsold TL, ES350 and Avalon yet again last month. It also outsold the Taurus by a small margin. Considering where Buick was 2-3 years ago this is impressive to say the least. When the Lacrosse came out some were questioning if Buick should even be mentioning Lexus in ads as if there was no way people would take such a comparison seriously. I don't think anyone thinks like that today, especially not Lexus considering the ES has been outsold by the Buick for the year.
    Using cruise control at no more than 76 mph and driving stretches at 72 as well, my 2010 CXS with Touring package got me 24.5 mpg on a 68 degree day. It was tolerable but I was hoping for a couple of miles more. Are you in a CXS with the larger V6?
    My 2011 LaCrosse is the 3.6L, V6, and is a CXL model. Even though the MPG you are getting is disappointing, with the larger V6 I didn't plan on getting much better gas mileage. I guess something has to sacrifice, and so far have been totally satisfied with the car.
    Rainman: We have 2200 miles on 2010 CXL with 3.0 L V-6 and on first 1500 mile trip we averaged 29 MPG at 70-80 mph all highway. My opinion is that the final drive ratio is the key to hiway MPG. Our window sticker showed 2.77 final drive which is what we had on older Bonneville that got 30+ at same speed and had same exact final drive. Cadillacs and certain other "performance" cars use much higher ratio in mid or high 3.xx ratios. Result is much higher RPM at hiway speed.
    Check your RPM's and final drive ratio. Ours runs below 2000 rpm at 70 which is the key to higher mleage IMO. Only one guys view but seems to explain results.
    good luck
    Thanks for the reply. My car also has the 2.77 axle and revs are very low at highway speed.
  • nace818nace818 Member Posts: 140
    I too am addicted to cars. Is there any help for us once the cash flow gets low? lol
  • nace818nace818 Member Posts: 140
    I don't know what my final drive ratio is, but I have a Lucerne with a Northstar V8 and constantly get 28 mpg on the highway. With cruise set at 70 I'm doing about 1750-1800 rpm. Even with only a 4-speed tranny, I think this is pretty good.
  • c394830c394830 Member Posts: 2
    I find the front headrests of 2010 LaCrosse rather uncomfortable. They are positioned far too forward. I took my car to a local dealer and complained about that and was told that the headrests are safety equipments and, therefore, should not be adjusted. I saw somewhere in internet that the headrests can be rotated but could not find how that can be done. Does anyone have any practical solution to this nagging problem? Many thanks in advance.
    edited September 2010
    Well guys I've hit the sweet spot with my Lacrosse but am I paying a fuel penalty for the privilege?
    Last week I started driving in the manual mode. I love the ride and handling but not necessarily the constant gear shifting. So I decided to try the Sport Mode and voila...driving nirvana. The car handles great and the steering and ride are perfect: not too soft or not too taut.

All I can say is Wow! as I drive the streets of New England with a big grin on my face. But I am beginning to believe my mileage is worst than in Sport Mode than in the Touring mode. Could it be that I am unconsciously driving more aggressively or does the Sport mode inherently use more gas? Your thoughts and experiences are appreciated.

• e_net_ridere_net_rider Member Posts: 1,380
    I would say that is very good. I had a 96 Aurora and loved it except the mileage was not that good, especially around town. It intrigued me when I heard they were putting Aurora engine in Lucerne. I know the last ones had 4.6 but not sure about earlier ones. Was it 4.6 from the start or were the early ones using the 4.0, down-stroked version. The very first Aurora off the production had 4.6 as a prototype. Cadillac stuck with its old ways of not wanting big engine available in other vehicles so the Aurora was limited to the 4.0. Not as much torque for acceleration. Pretty much the same result as 68 Camaro RS that came with 302. It was a down-stroked 327.
    The compression in those Classic body Aurora, at least on the 96, was around 10.5 and anything over 10 pretty much says premium fuel. I know that requirement was done away with on later Aurora engines. I know some that used regular in early engines and got away with it. The knock sensors were good enough that you could do it without getting ping, but power was lower because of the retarded spark. I wonder if there were other effects that occured because of running a high compresion engine in that state.
    Did they lower the compression to remove the premium requirement?
    Or possibly go to direct injection?
    Does yours require premium? Have you tried it and noticed the difference between regular and premium?
    What do you see with heavy local/city traffic?
    With a lot of stop and go, I'd be around 16, but lighter traffic and taking advantage of driving the lights I'd get in the 18-19 range. The Aurora body was quite heavy. No thin steel panels on it and a fantastic suspension system for its time.
    Attractive is window dressing and it can wear as quick as that new dress your wife bought and a year later still hanging in the closet with the tags on.
    Quality is a lasting impression and more likely to create repeat buyers. I would have to give that to Ford when compared to other Detroit.
    Perception is what it is. Sometimes reality.
    I know someone at KIA. Before the Toyota blow-up, they circulated internally to be on the watch for government influence. Can you think of a better way to prop up ailing Detroit than destroying competition sales?
    I'm not saying Toyota problem did not exist, but news media went after it like a politician they did not back.
    Either way, it is a chance for GM to shine or be Titanic.
    I'm not sure of overall picture, but key fobs that fail for a specific reason, at least 15 years running, is definitely showing a problem.
    Boats ride many ways depending upon hull design and water conditions. I rode in a light weight one time with a mild chop and I felt every little ripple, like riding down railroad ties. I do not like those cheap tight sporty suspensions that feel like that.
    Try having it suddenly decide to steer to the right. Intermittant so it means replacing every part related to EPS, like that is going to happen. And not the only issue with 09 LT2 4 cylinder.
    Lots of little things that speak to quality of design and build.
    Only one year old and dash is warping in the middle. Usually I drive alone, no load, and recently the back end has started with a bounciness on some roads as if the shocks are not working.
    These are just new items that I could add to a long list if you've seen my prior complaint list.
    BTW, I have not yet seen the recall on this vehicle, but son-in-law got one for his. He had gotten rid of it about 6 weeks earlier.
    This is one of those perception things that GM needs to work on. Too many years pass before fixes are done and when they do a major redesign they build the same mistakes in as previously done.
    Example: Early Auroras (95 & up) discovered a problem that was eating electronic components including things such as ABS/TCS computer and controls. The problem was tracked to the radiator cooling fans circuit. As the relays turned them on and off, voltage spikes were sent down the wiring which could damage electronic components, shortening life, or kill them. The fix, add a short jumper harness which included a dampening diode at the fan harness disconnect.
    Surprise, same issue with some 09 Malibu according to TSB. Guess what, the same exact fix. That is 14 years of stupid.