Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Accord Coupe 2008 v6 vs 2009 v6

pwgoodmanpwgoodman Member Posts: 6
edited March 2014 in Honda
The 2008 and 2009 V6 engines appear to be identical, but the 2008 is listed at 268 hp and the 2009 is listed at 271. What was changed?

Comments

• bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    We can discuss this in the 4cyl vs 6cyl and be okay. I heard that they had done this so that it may fix the vibrating with the VCM. But, that is only what I have seen. Others can probably clarify more.

See you there.
  • hondalvr1hondalvr1 Member Posts: 11
    no change - just recalibrated over 2008 - 3 HP? No change to the engine
  • rickwjennrickwjenn Member Posts: 40
    Ordered my 2009 Accord Coupe in early January, it was built at Marysville on 1/18 and I picked it up yesterday. Had to order to the exact car I wanted:

Coupe EX-L
    V6 and 6 Speed Manual
    Navigation System
    Belize Blue / Black

The Belize was the hard one - only four were made in January in this trim at Marysville out the 25k cars built :)

The car is absolutely perfect. The V6 is very powerful and the six speed is very precise. The Belize Blue is the most incredible blue paint I have every seen.

It took me about three minutes to figure out the Navi, XM Radio, and HVAC controls. All the reviews about the Accord's "overly complex center section" are BS IMO. The navigation system is very intuitive with the knob/pointer/mouse.

I didn't realize it had a trip computer as part of the Navi system - I had resigned myself to not having that once I decided not to get a TSX or another TL. I got 25 mpg on the combined drive home yesterday.

Paid $27.7k including destination or right at $1300 under invoice.

This is my eighth Honda and so far the best in terms style, driving, power, and features.

Here is a pix:

2009 Coupe V6 In Belize Blue
  • pwgoodmanpwgoodman Member Posts: 6
    Congratulations.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Beautiful car!! Congrats! You got a great deal too! The blue is stunning. I really like it.
  • pat96pat96 Member Posts: 11
    I can't seem to turn the fan switch on without the A/C engaging. Is there a certain trick to this? Again, I just want fresh air circulating at times and so hit the fan switch, but the A/C always comes on too.
  • blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    Very handsome car,enjoy
  • pwgoodmanpwgoodman Member Posts: 6
    Hit the switch labeled A/C---that toggles the AC on and off. There will be a light on the display indicating whether it is on or off. It's separate from the fan switch. pg
  • pat96pat96 Member Posts: 11
    Got it. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.