Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 and Earlier Jaguar XF Lease Questions

Comments

• nd_irishnd_irish Member Posts: 33
    Hi Car_man-

I was not able to get a deal done in October but am hoping to get one done this month. I would appreciate it if you could let me know what the November 2012 money factors and residuals would be for a 24-month and 36-month lease of a 2012 XF Portfolio with 10,000 miles per year. Thanks, again!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    edited November 2012
    Hey z4maudioman. Chase's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 XF 3.0 with 10,000 miles per year are .00153 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for 36 months are .00086 and 54%.

The numbers for 39 months are .00096 and 52%.

The numbers for the 2012 XF Base are .00074 / 50% for 24 months, .00001 / 47% for 36 months and .00014 / 45% for 39 months.

The numbers for the 2012 XF Portfolio are .00081 / 53% for 24 months, .00001 / 49% for 36 months and .00015 / 47% for 39 months.

There's no cash incentives available on leases of the 2013 model, but there is on the 2012. Specifically, Jag is providing $2,300 on leases of the '12 XF Base, but no lease cash on the Portfolio.

There's also up to $1,500 conquest cash to help get current lessees of competing models out of their deals early and into an XF.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Greetings neptunejcw. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Chase's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 XF Portfolio with 10,000 miles per year are .00081 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00001 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
  • neptunejcwneptunejcw Member Posts: 7
    Thanks I will read through everything thoroughly. Also is there a certain credit score you have to have to lease a vehicle?
    You're welcome neptunejcw. There isn't necessarily a certain credit score cutoff for leasing, but the money factors do usually vary by credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_man-

I noticed in a response above you showed the residual for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XF Portfolio at 49%, but in your response to me, you indicated it was 48%. Can you let me know which is the correct residual as I am trying to close a deal before the end of the month? Also, do you know if there is any new holiday or year-end cash from Jaguar to the dealers for the 2012 XFs? Thanks, again, for your assistance!
    Quick question where they pretty concerned with your credit score while you are going through the negotiations. My credit is fair but I'm new to leasing & want to know are they looking at it hard to get you a good deal? And are they still going through Chase for there leasing?
    I actually just got my 2012 XF Portfolio today. I did not fill out a credit application prior to negotiations so to the best of my knowledge they did not know my credit score during the negotiations, and they did not ask for it. I also did my initial negotiations over the phone and e-mail with a salesperson I contacted via the dealer's Web site and only visited the dealership after we were very close to a deal. We finalized the deal over the phone and e-mail. Once we reached agreement on a deal, I then submitted my credit application. I have good credit so there were not any issues with regard to the terms of the deal when it was time to sign the paperwork. They also are still going through Chase for leasing through the Jaguar Financial Group program.
  • z4maudiomanz4maudioman Member Posts: 130
    Hello Car_man,

I found a 2012 XF Supercharged I would like to move forward on this week. Can you please let me know what the 36, 39 and 42 month lease rates are on the vehicle with 10K miles per year? I want to have these numbers in place before I make my offer. Also, are there any incentives being offered for December?

Thank you in advance for your help.
    Sounds good to me. If you don't mind me asking did you get a pretty good deal? If so what where the #'s
    I think I got a very good deal. I always check Edmunds, TrueCar, and KBB to see what they think a good deal is for the vehicle I am considering, and I was able to do better than their pricing. Including the Jaguar loyalty cash for the XF Portfolio, I was able to get the vehicle for over 14% off MSRP, or about 8% below invoice.
    How much where you able to get the payments at per month
    Before tax the payment was under $670 per month. The acquisition fee was included in my cap cost, and the only upfront money was for the first month's payment, taxes, and fees. I noticed in an earlier post you said you were looking at a 2013 XF Portfolio. I decided to go with a 2012 since it appears you can only get a V8 engine in the XF Supercharged and XFR models for the 2013 model year. You should probably ask Car_man for the latest residuals and money factors for December 2012 since I am guessing the 2013s will have higher residuals than the 2012s, but you should be able to get a better price on a 2012 at this point.
    Hi Car_man-

First, thank you, once again, for all of your assistance with leasing information. I finally was able to get a deal done in November. With loyalty cash, I was able to get the car for close to $4,000 under invoice. Based on everything I read, that seemed like a pretty good deal. Out of curiosity, I wanted to find out if Jaguar introduced any new holiday cash recently for the 2012s. My dealer claimed they did which is why they were able to lower the price more. In any event, I thought it might be helpful for others to know if there is any additional cash in addition to loyalty and competitor cash.

Also, I was wondering how the December 2012 residuals and money factors compare to November 2012 for a 36-month lease with 10,000 miles per year. It seemed like there was a couple point drop in the residual between October and November so I am interested to know if they kept it the same or dropped it some more. Thanks!
    Hey z4maudioman. You're in luck. You definitely saved yourself some money by waiting until December to lease. Jaguar sales were fairly lackluster last month so they cranked up their incentives on leases in December.

Chase's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XF Supercharged with 10,000 miles per year are .00001 and 46% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00015 and 44%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00026 and 42%.

As far as cash incentives go, Jaguar is now providing a total of $4,775 in cash incentives on leases of this model.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome nd_irish. Congratulations on your awesome season. There was a couple of close calls, but you deserve your #1 ranking. Thanks for stopping back to let us all know how everything turned out.

Jaguar did indeed sweeten its lease deals with additional cash in December. $4,000 under invoice sounds like a very attractive price to me.

Let's compare the November and December programs.

In November, the money factor, residual value and cash incentives on leases for a 36-month, 10k lease of a 2012 XF Portfolio were .00001, 48% and $0.

In December the numbers for the same scenario are .00001, 48% and $4,225.

Big difference in the cash, huh? I don't think that the residual values changed month-over-month.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • elchrispelchrisp Member Posts: 4
    Got an offer today no money down just first payment and DMV (no bank or destination fees) for $800 a month MSRP on the car is $69,875. 36 Months 10k miles...

Is this a good deal?
    What is the cap cost (selling price for the vehicle), and does it include the acquisition fee or any other fees? If you are a current Jaguar customer, does it include the $2,000 in loyalty cash? Are the money factor and residual the same as what car_man noted for this vehicle (i.e., .00001 and 46%)? Is the $800 per month before or after sales tax?
    It includes all taxes in payment of $800 no other fees due at signing but DMV.

I am not a current Jag owner but getting $1500 conquest cash, I haven't gotten the full breakdown of the deal.
    Once you get the full breakdown of the deal, let us know the details. However, based on the information you have provided so far, that sounds like a good deal in my opinion. Out of curiosity, what is your sales tax percentage? I'm curious what the payment before sales tax is.
    NYC Sales tax is 8.875 yes very high I know :)
    If my math is correct, a payment of about $800 per month including sales tax would seem to indicate a cap cost just above $58,500. That still seems like a really good deal to me. Let us know the breakdown of the details for the deal since I also am curious to know what the final selling price (cap cost) is for the vehicle. I am assuming this is a new car, not a loaner or demo. Is that correct?
    Its a no miles, new vehicle
    Based on everything you have reported so far, it sounds like a really good deal in my opinion. Have you received all of the details from the dealership regarding the deal? Let us know. Thanks!
  • becker33becker33 Member Posts: 1
    Hello! Any updated Lease #'s for 2013 xf's?

looking for just 10k Miles annually Thx !
  • heldicusheldicus Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man,

I'm in the market for a Jag XF 3.0 AWD, convenience, premium and cold weather pack. 36 month lease, and either 10k or 12k miles.

Might you have a RV and money factor that I could shop with?

Many thanks!
  • unclecharleyunclecharley Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car man,
    I'm looking into a 36 month lease on a 2013 XF Supercharged with 12K miles annually. MSRP $69,585 plus $875 delivery. Would you be able to let me know current Money Factors and Residual Values if I lease in March? And if you would recommend waiting until April for any reason (expected favorable changes, etc).

Sincere thanks,
    Charlie
    Hi heldicus. Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 XF 3.0 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00006 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for Charlie. Chase's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 XF Supercharged with 12,000 miles per year are .00009 and 49% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Jag's curent incentives are scheduled to run through April 1st. It's difficult to say what they will be like after that.

Car_man
    Host
  • unclecharleyunclecharley Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much!
    You're welcome unclecharley.

Car_man
    Host
    I found a 2012 jag with. 0 miles on it. Would I still be able to lease that even though Its a 2012?? If so do you think I'd get a really good deal on 1??
    Hi neptunejcw. Technically you might still be able to lease a 2012 Jaguar model, but...Jaguar is not providing lease support on '12s any longer. As a result, if you want to lease you would be better off going with a 2013 model. I suspect that leasing a '13 would be cheaper at this point.

Car_man
    Host
  • jam550jam550 Member Posts: 10
    Hi,

I am looking at leasing an XF with the convenience and premium packages. Could you please let me know the figures I need to know to make sure I am getting the right/best deal? I'd be leasing for 36 months at 12k miles per year.

He showed me something that had a money factor of .00007 and residual of 53%.

Thanks.
  • lasvegasrphlasvegasrph Member Posts: 102
    edited April 2013
    Jaguars have a very LOW residual value, about 40% over a 3yr period.
    So, if your Jaguar XF stickers for $60,000.........the residaual value is $24,000

You pay the difference between your negotiated price and residual from the MSRP.

So, if you can get that $60,000 XF down to $55,000 you will be paying on:
    $55,000 - $24,000 = $31,000 over 36 months
    Basically, $861.00/mo plus tax each month (not including your Drive Off Fees, which could be $3,000 to $4,000)

For $1,000 a month you could lease a 2013 Lexus LS460 or a 2013 BMW 7 series for that $1,000/mo. So, make sure you explore all options from various manufacturers.
    Hi jam550. It sounds like you are new to leasing. If so, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 XF V6 RWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00007 and 53%...just like you were quoted.

Car_man
    Host
  • a8man1a8man1 Member Posts: 23
    CARMAN,

Are the lease numbers fairly close on a XJ AWD Base sedan to the XF AWD SEDAN?
    I am closing to pulling the trigger on an XJ AWD base and need the numbers....sorry for posting in the XF forums....

thanks much!
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    Does Jaguar offer a discount on the MF for Multiple security deposits? If so, what is the maximum number of security deposits you can give them.

BMW, Infiniti, Mercedes and many others offer discounts for multiple security deposits but my local dealer says Jaguar doesn't. I'm not sure he's giving me the accurate answer.
  • skialpineskialpine Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man.

Do you have current rates for a XF AWD?

Thanks!
  • bigredboybigredboy Member Posts: 7

Any lease information for dec yet?

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527

I'm sorry.. doesn't look like we are going to get December numbers for Jaguar.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I'm sorry, but we don't have any Jag numbers for this month. Hopefully, another member will chime in, if they know.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

That's a great lease program, if you can get a $12K discount on top of it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bulldog617bulldog617 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2014

I am looking at a 36 month, 10K mile lease on a 2014 XF in Southern CA. Does anyone know what the residual and money factors are for March? April? Also, it looks like drive off is $4500. Is this negotiable without impactign my monthly payment? Thanks.

@bulldog617 said:
    I am looking at a 36 month, 10K mile lease on a 2014 XF in Southern CA. Does anyone know what the residual and money factors are for March? April? Also, it looks like drive off is $4500. Is this negotiable without impactign my monthly payment? Thanks.

For the base model, .00013 MF and 56% residual. (every trim line has a different program).

Your drive-off can be whatever amount you want it to be (assuming good credit). Your total lease cost is determined by the deal you negotiate. Of course, a lease payment with $4500 drive-off is going to be lower than a lease payment with $1000 drive-off, all else being equal. Dealers will advertise a lease with a high drive-off, in order to make the monthly payment seem cheap.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• MontysboxMontysbox Member Posts: 29

How are these terms:

MSRP 50,033
    Price. 44,144
    Mf 00041
    Residual .55
    Down 2,526

12k / 36 mo

526 payment

I'm sorry, but we don't have any Jaguar numbers for May.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

How does it compare to previous money factors? Would that be a helpful gauge?

This discussion has been closed.