Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Nissan Altima

gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
edited October 2014 in Nissan
Anyone has any information (new features) about the 2010 Altima? The '10 camry will be out in about a month and I hope that Nissan will get the '10 Altima out around the same time.

Comments

• jd10013jd10013 Member Posts: 779
    don't expect much new. They might tweak the options packages, and maybe add different color choices,but that will probably be about it. the altima probably wont get its next redesign till about 2012.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Well, they made many changes for the '05. I think they might not need to make much change for the current Altima but I'm curious to see what they will change.

However, I hate to see they keep giving discounts to move the '09 while their competitors don't need to offer much when they have '10 cars in the lot early.
    I guess it depends what you consider major. They arn't going to change the body design, or the engine, or trans or anything like that. the '05 weren't much different than the '04 or 06's. the altima didn't cange dramaticly till the '07 redesign.
    Well, the '05 got a new dash, odometer, steering wheel, and a bunch of other stuffs.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    I really don't feel that the Altima changed all the much anyway. It really doesn't look much different than the previous model. They just made it bigger. Heavier.
    actually, they made it smaller. they added a new transmission (cvt) drastically upgraded the quality of the interior, and redesigned the body, mostly in the rear. they also redesigned the suspension to almost completely eliminate the dreaded torque steer of the previous gen.

on top of that you have the keyless entry and smart key systems, push button start, and a bunch of other options.
  • madpistolmadpistol Member Posts: 126
    They did a massive overhaul for this generation. Outside the car, it doesn't look much different, but from the inside, this car is completely overhauled compared to the '02-'06 model Altima

I'm actually hoping they'll consider redesigning the interior center dash. They really need to make it more like the rest of the segment with a "command screen" that serves as the central information hub for HVAC and audio controls. Until they do this, they are behind the competition. I would love to see an interior control scheme that's similar to the '09 Maxima. :)
  • milkman1milkman1 Member Posts: 80
    What kills me with Nissan is the whole set up where fog lights are the hardest thing to get in their pricing. I don't want to spend an extra 10 grand to option in the lights and I don't want to blow the 900 they quote to add them. If they would remedy this one insult I might very well already be driving their car. As it stands I will wait patiently for the Fusion and hope it bests the Altima in a new drive off. I didn't love the Altima I test drove like I loved my Mazda 6 when I was shopping back in 03. Then it came down to the Passat and 6 and the 6 interior was way better at the time.
  • notmybabynotmybaby Member Posts: 1
    I agree with milkman, the way the options are set up are terrible. Most of them are all grouped together and if I want one thing msrp goes up thousands of dollars.

Also, I want stability control on my next car, right now you can only get it on the V6 (and can't get it on the Sentra or Versa either, get with the times Nissan!), I'm hoping they change that for 2010. Any idea when they'd come in?
  • clarencehollowclarencehollow Member Posts: 60
    Who cares if it's a 2009 or 2010 - I better get a great discount, no matter what I buy... unless you're like most Toyota buyers getting ripped off and suckered paying sticker. It's ridiculous and then you drive off the lot and it's worth $5000 less. YES on Toyota.
  • clarencehollowclarencehollow Member Posts: 60
    Nissan will have the Electronic Stability Control next year on everything, and they're cutting the Titan, Armada and Quest and building the NV2500 commerical van. There's the new CUBE with ESC. Then in 2010 - 2011 there will be 6 Electric and Hybrid cars with 75 mpg. Gas will jump back up to $4 soon, so the market will exist and Nissan will be there with the right vehicles, while getting rid of slow sellers.
  • madpistolmadpistol Member Posts: 126
    Do you have a link to back all this info up?
    ...not much an update here...

"2010 Nissan Altima Sedan
    The popular Nissan Altima Sedan, now in its fourth generation, provides a unique combination of exhilarating driving pleasure, distinctive and sporty design and exceptional value in the mid-size sedan class.

Refinements for the 2010 model year will include refinements to the exterior, interior and option packages/

Additional details will be provided closer to Altima Sedan’s on-sale date in fall 2009."

More here at Nissannews
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    I found out from my local nissan dealer that the 2010 altima won't be out till around Oct or Nov; I wanted to know if anyone has heard of what they are going to do to refreshen the altima for 2010? Please tell me nissan is going to put in a front power passenger seat please!!!!!
  • aladdinsanealaddinsane Member Posts: 182
    Hi...
    Any word on the '10 Altima coupe anywhere online? The base 4, with stability/ESC would be great, speaking for myself, for purchase.
    Anyone in the know have the latest 4-1-1 on improvements, etc, for the Coupe?
    Please inform.
    I'd appreciate it!
    Thanx...
    Peace!<-AladdinSane<- :shades: -
  • insidertradinginsidertrading Member Posts: 4
    The Altima and Sentra are due for updates for 2010 (minor styling and package changes). The updates were supposed to be done back in April but back-log of '09s and Nissan's cash shortfall due to the car recession, pushed the updates to fall. Plus I believe they wanted to wait and see what changes Toyota was making to the Camry.

The Quest is due to join the great scrap heap in the sky. Only time will tell if they replace it.
    The updates were supposed to be done back in April but back-log of '09s and Nissan's cash shortfall...

...unless you can find a reputable article to show me, I don't agree w/ your information. The Camry sale went down a lot as well but they still introduce the '10 in Feb. I notice Accord and Altima usually comes out late in the year.
    I just see a picture of 2010 Altima at Nisssannews...the headlight is bigger and they re-arrange the inside bulbs, re-design bumper and ...seem the hood is new as well.
  • gino45gino45 Member Posts: 52
    You can see the pictures of the new 2010 Altima at Autoguide.com
    lNissannews

"The popular Nissan Altima, ranked number one in segment in the 2009 J.D. Power and Associates Initial Quality Study (IQS), enters the 2010 model year with fresh exterior styling, refined interior treatments and a host of technology enhancements to its navigation and entertainment systems. Available in three distinct models &#150; Altima Sedan, Altima Coupe and Altima Hybrid &#150; the 2010 Altimas will be available at Nissan dealers nationwide beginning Thursday, October 1st."
    well I'm glad I got a 2010 Maxima SV and didn't wait around for a 2010 Altima 3.5SL because apparently Nissan discontinued that model for 2010 and now the only way to get the V6 in the Altima is with the 3.5SR with sports suspension; I guess the 2.5SL is going to become the top luxury version of the altima since the 3.5SL is gone
    Hi, listen I was just curious if anyone could help me out who has leased or at the very least test driven the 2010 Altima with the premium audio package: with that package it says you get the rearview camera yet in the brochure it lists the rearview camera as a standalone option extra which is integrated into the rearview mirror

My question is, if you get the premium audio package, is the rearview camera picture displayed in the 4.3 inch display screen in the center console or is it automatically in the left portion of the rearview mirror?

I know if you get the technology package with the 6.5inch nav screen that the rearview camera picture is displayed in that screen but I wasn't sure how the image is displayed in the premium audio package? any information would be appreciated!!!
  • peppershakerpeppershaker Member Posts: 1
    yes the back up camra is in the mirror if you don't get the navi system.
  • akt1000akt1000 Member Posts: 15
    You can also get a rearview camera by ordering the audio package, which includes the upgraded Bose system, XM radio, bluetooth, usb connection etc. In that case, the rearview is displayed on the 4.3 in radio screen. I just got this in my altima and love it. The msrp price for this package is reasonable ($1240)
  • mhtnmhtn Member Posts: 21
    I understand that the 2.5 doesn't have a radio but does it have speakers? I've checked the available features here on Edmunds and it listed "4 speakers". I just want to make sure it has speakers.

Thanks!
  • tmc1688tmc1688 Member Posts: 28
    Hello Altima Fans, I just test drove a 2010 Altima sedan V6 SR and I like the car. Can anyone confirm what type of fuel needs to be used? I did my research online and couldn't believe it uses regular instead of premium like in the 2009 model. I found the owners manual in the glove box after the test drive but didn't want to break the wrapping to open it. I also checked the gas filler door but there is no sticker advising what type of fuel it is using. Anyone in this forum have a 2010 V6 SR running on regular? If so any problems?

Thanks.
  • sodaguysodaguy Member Posts: 84
    The V6 engine has been retuned for 87 octane beginning with the 2010 model year. In addition, their retuning has also resulted in an improvement of the highway mpg from 26 mpg to 27 mpg.
    wow, I didn't know that, that is great news that they switched back the requirement to 87 octane because I know that a big complaint with the V6 compared to GM, Ford, Toyota, and Honda was that it required premium so now they all can't hold that over Nissan's head anymore

I just wish they would do this for my 2010 Maxima!!
  • alicebettyannaalicebettyanna Member Posts: 13
    Just bought the 3.5 V6 and the dealer says "premium" is recommended but not required. Says fill up about every 3rd tank with "premium" but regular is ok. I decided I loved the car so much, better than the Honda Accord I would have bought it even it it required premium. :blush:
  • jknaccentsjknaccents Member Posts: 1
    I just got my 3rd Altima a week ago and am surprised at the hardness of the drivers seat. This is the first time I did not get a power seat - the dealership said that would not make a difference. Does anyone else agree that the seats are like cardboard or is it just mine?
    The windshield wipers are also so loud because they hit the bottom of the window with each swipe. Do yours too?
    I just traded in my '07 for the '10 and I didn't notice those 2 issues but I'm kind of not happy w/ the cranking sound that activate the ABS system after a long stop.
  • alicebettyannaalicebettyanna Member Posts: 13
    I have the power seat so I can't say about the hardness of the regular but our seats are fine. The windshield wipers don't hit anything on mine, maybe they need to be adjusted?
  • vgvgvgvg Member Posts: 12
    I just took delivery of a 2010 Altima 3.5 with the pricey upgrade packages, leather, and yes, the seats are very hard!
    I just came from a 2002 Maxima, and as much as the Altima is trying to be like Maxi, she just can't fill her shoes!
    The seats are so hard, I am going to have to use a cushion.
    On the plus side, performance rocks!
    I hear exactly what you are saying! test drove a 2010 Altima 2.5SL and 2010 Maxima SV with tech last year and while the Altima had a little bit more interior room to it, I went with the Maxima; they are both different vehicles with very different feel to them and the Maxima's seats, especially the fronts were so much more comfortable then the Altima's, plus I have a back problem and needed the front power passenger seat! something Nissan needs to seriously add to the SL and SR trim levels to the Altima!
  • shellbshellb Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2010 3.5SR coupe on Saturday. When I first accelerate, I hear a one-time "thunk" sound coming from the front of the car - it's not the auto locks - definitely coming from the wheel or other front area. Is this something you have heard, or might be like the cranking sound of the ABS system that you mentioned?

Thank you!
    Yes, I think that's the same sound. When I tried to ask the the service people at the dealer in late Jan., they told me it's the ABS sound even before I told them the whole thing.
  • amykat1amykat1 Member Posts: 2
    First of all, I'd like to say thanks to those who have mentioned the cranking sound...the service dept told me it was the ABS but I had a hard time believing it until I read here that people experience the same thing=)

We have the 2.5SL and love it! We got the premium radio system however we are wondering if there was any way we could change the presets so we could get more than 12 XM channels (we don't need as many FM/AM presets as we don't listen to them as often). Our salesman said he thought we could reprogram it but wasn't quite sure how to go about getting it done. Anyone have success in trying this? (I've looked in the manual but it doesn't seem as though it's as helpful as it is for the nav system radio=( ).
  • emc17emc17 Member Posts: 26
    I have had a 2.5SL with navigation for over a month. Every time the car goes over an imperfection on the pavement I hear a cracking plastic noise coming from the dashboard around the screen. Does anyone has experience this? Is annoying. Otherwise, the car is very quiet. Thank you.
  • xncmanxncman Member Posts: 2
    i also have 3.5sr and burn only regular..has 6k miles..and no issues...
  • brandy101brandy101 Member Posts: 3
    Anyone have any thoughts on this? It's actually pressing on my nerve in the back of my leg above my knee. Tried a cushion, but really didnt work. Test drove and it was fine. Can I reupolster the front of the seat where the edge is without it affecting the heating element?
  • xcountryflyerxcountryflyer Member Posts: 32
    Family member bought a 2010 recently. It is too bad Nissan didn't take the time to modernize the center stack at all. It certainly is form over function, but at least it's easy to use and not some button fest like the Accord.

I also wish that at least the 3rd brake light was LED and that there was a handle on the inside for the trunk so you don't get fingerprints or fingers dirty closing the trunk. Small things that add up.
  • scaryfastgscaryfastg Member Posts: 1
    Yes this car has super hard driver/front passenger seats. I am getting a seat cushion but may have to have seat bottom reupholstered. W,T,F Nissan!!!
    Nissan did do a great job on the rest of the car though. It is quiet, and smooth riding with a very sporty handling and nice tight, precise steering. The 2.5 4 cylinder is the best compromise between fuel economy and power I have driven. I am now sold on the CVT transmission. It is smoother and faster to adjust gear ratios then any 4/5/6 speed tranny. I find the car to be fast and fun to drive, when your but isn't hurting.
    Oh yeah, the foot actuated parking brake sucks. Anyone know what Nissan did to the CA legal Altima that makes it 5HP less then the 50 State Altima?
  • teacherdude79teacherdude79 Member Posts: 3
    I recently purchased a 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S. I only have 500 miles on it but notice when the car is full until ¾ a tank I here a sloshing noise that results in a knocking sound when slowing down, backing up, etc in the rear of the vehicle. The sound seems to be the fuel moving around the tank, but it is quite loud, and usually results in a few knocking sounds each time I hear it. I do not even need to be traveling at high speeds to hear this noise. I have never heard anything like this on a vehicle and was wondering if anybody has had any similar experiences. I took it to the dealer and they hear the noise, but according to them it is common in the 2010 Altimas. Any thoughts or suggestions? It only seems to occur until about ¾ tank, but it is loud and alarming!
  • teacherdude79teacherdude79 Member Posts: 3
  • 951altima951altima Member Posts: 1
    Anybody know how to access the headlights on a 2010 Altima? I just bought HID Lights for it but cannot access the headlight bulbs.
  • amykat1amykat1 Member Posts: 2
    I have been hearing the same noise as you. It's very frustrating as we've only had the car since March. I also hear a shaking noise within the glove box door. I don't know if it's worth bringing these items up to service when I go in for maintenance in a couple of weeks.
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    I have around 4K miles on my 2010 2.5S Altima. I wanted to get some feedback/opinions from other Altima owners. So far the car has been great.

Is the 2010 better then the 2007-2009? How accurate is the onboard MPG calculator? When driving on the highway, the VDC light turns on sometimes, why does this happen?

Thanks
  • burningflame7fburningflame7f Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know of a good air intake for a 2010 alitma 3.5 v6 ????? any input would be great
  • naltima2010naltima2010 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2010
    Ok, I'm having some difficulty (read I called NISSAN Navigation Dep't) to no avail...

In the navigation manual it says there is a feature where the navigation can repeat a direction that was given while driving. It says "Touch the VOICE key". I have looked everywhere and can not locate it. There must be an option to repeat a driving direction while driving if its in the manual and is in the 2009 and 2011 manuals.

Can anyone help figure out this feature??

This is the exact wording from Chapter 10, Page 13 in the manual (2010, 2011) on same pages:
    REPEATING VOICE GUIDANCE
    This function is available throughout route
    guidance, from the time after the route calculation
    is completed until the vehicle arrives at the
    destination.
    Touch the &#147;Voice&#148; key.
    Voice guidance will be repeated.
This discussion has been closed.