Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Venza Accessories

bbtingbbting Member Posts: 9
Has anyone purchased any custom-fit rubber mats for Venza ? I've done some search on the web. Seems like there are Husky Liner and Weathertech brands ? Has anyone had some experience to share about these products ? How are they compared to the original Toyota winter mats for Venza ?

I am thinking how nice it will be if I can get a set of custom-fit mats for my new Venza so that I can keep the dirts and snow captured and cleaned up more easily.

Any good online stores or retails in Vancouver area of Canada to recommend ?

Comments

• lal_cltlal_clt Member Posts: 29
    I bought Weathertech for my Highlander in '05 and it has been a good product. After I purchase my new Venza I will also send off for Weathertech mats. I think some Toyota dealers carry them but you can probably go online and get them sent to you cheaper. It would be good if the floor mats were black to match the Venza carpet but the back tray mat was the color of the interior. Probably too much to ask??
  • bbtingbbting Member Posts: 9
    Has anyone put some vinyl protection product like ArmorAll or Black Magic on the Venza dash and vinyl sides to protect them from UV and cracking ?

As for the leather package, does anyone know which part is genuine leather and which part is not ? Any good leather product to protect it from UV, to clean and nourish. Is Armoall leather care gel good enough ?
  • qs933qs933 Member Posts: 302
    I've used 303 Aerospace Protectant on my previous vehicles and will continue to use it on my Venza. It's not greasy and gives surfaces a clean -- but not artificially shiny -- appearance.
  • normvenza09normvenza09 Member Posts: 36
    It was protecting the top only but not the EDGE of the bumper compare to other bumper protectors.

The bumper will still get scratch if you are not careful.
  • pbaetresspbaetress Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know what the part number is and where to buy the special wrench that is required to change the oil filter on the 2009 Venza?
  • david_k1david_k1 Member Posts: 39
    Hello -
    We just ordered our Venza and when it gets here we want to take our dog along...

Anyone know where I can get a pet barrier - the tubular steel kind??
    I found ONE on the weathertech site, anyone have experiance with it - Does it FIT OK in the Venza???

Thanks -
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Member Posts: 30
    I'm in the market for one also. Check out this site
    DrsFosterSmith.com
    They sell everything for animals There out of Rhinelander, Wi
    I believe Toyota has one
    Deepsouth...

I did find a cheaper version of a pet barrier that has an angled lower bar support so that there can be some recline to the back seats at "Discount Ramps .com" -
    I still have not seen any barriers listed by Toyota.com...

Also, I am seeing some Southeast Toyota cars are coming with Mud Flaps. Besides E-Bay, anyone seen a supplier for these - much less a picture of a Venza wearing them??

Best
  • shadowlady1997shadowlady1997 Member Posts: 2
    I have had my new Venza for about 2 weeks now and I love it. I am looking to install a tow hitch on back for the main purpose of attaching a bike rack but I also want to be able to hook up a trailor to transport misc items. I did buy a car with the tow prep package on it just in case I ever wanted to tow something heavy. Has anyone installed a hitch to their car yet? What do I look for in a hitch? Any ideas out there?
  • linersliners Member Posts: 19
    Go to etrailer.com. You will find everything that you need. I purchased a class three hitch six weeks ago and it fit just right.
  • halwickhalwick Member Posts: 45
    1. Is it possible...or even feasible to retrofit the car with Toyota factory backup camera and display specific for the Venza ordered through the parts department? As an alternate to the LCD display, use the RAV4's combination rearview mirror/backup camera display?

2. What about side mouldings? Car looks bland without some kind of accent. Does the parts department list such items as a factory item?

3. Any recommended car seat covers that looks as close in appearance to the cloth seats?

4. Recommended external GPS Navigator, i.e., Garmin, TomTom, Magellan, etc., with features comparable or better to the indash Toyota Navigator? Which brand is better in terms of quality, features, ease of use?

Thanks,
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Garmin seems to be the leader among the portable devices available in the US. Check the Navigation GPS Systems discussion for recommendations.
  • verndogverndog Member Posts: 6
    I too am a new owner looking at adding a hitch. The dealer said Toyota doesn't make one yet (strange since they sell a "tow package)...but has anyone seen this type posted on etrailer.com (draw tight). Reason I'm asking...I wont use it alot, and if it's poorly concealed then I may opt for a custom locally that doesn't distract from the looks of the car. Also, I haven't looked yet..but does the tow package include a wiring harness under back of bumper somewhere?

Thanks...BTW this Venza is sweet!
  • linersliners Member Posts: 19
    My hitch from etrailer.com is the same hitch that comes from the Southeast region in Jacksonville, FL . It is as concealed as it can be and no worse than any other class III hitch on any other SUV/crossover. There is no wiring harness with the tow package. A harness comes with the hitch from etrailer.
    Does anyone know where I can buy a real nice chrome or Golden Umber rear car tag frame for my Venza.? I dont want one made out of aluminum or plastic.
  • blizzardpearlblizzardpearl Member Posts: 1
    Check out www.autoattire.com
    Can anyone recommend quality cloth front and rear seat covers specifically designed for the Venza? Are leather seat covers worth it? Those ivory-colored cloth seats are gonna get dirty real quick.

Ditto for dash cover.

Thanks,
    Hal
  • stanaka1stanaka1 Member Posts: 1
    wouldn't a seat cover interfere with the side air bags? i believe they're installed in the seat bolsters.
    Thanks That is exactly what I was looking for but could not find. What do you have on your Venza and what color??
    Mine is Golden Umber Mica-Package 2 with heated seats,push button start,back up camera, V6FWD,MSRP $38111- paid 33500before tax Nav- Panoramic Roof- Tow Prep - Black Splashgaurds- Carpet mats and trunk mat- Toyogaurd Plus-
    Are you sure the side air bags are installed in the seat bolsters? I thought I saw side air bag labels located on the inside of the door frame pillar near the windshield or near the seat belt harness.

If seat covers can't be used, how do you protect or keep clean those ivory-colored seats....besides not sitting on them. ;)
  • macpromacpro Member Posts: 52
    Earlier this week I purchased a hitch (Draw-Tite) from etrailer.com Installation was not too bad as long as you have the right tools and time.

I then purchased a hitch-rack (Yakima Hold-Up) from REI to haul our mountain bikes to the trails.

Very pleased with how easy it is to load and unload the bikes. Hitch-rack advantages:

(1) Pull into the garage / drive-thru. You cant' do that with a roof rack, unless you remove the bikes first.

(2) Very easy and quick to load and unload.

(3) Nothing actually touches the vehicle, unlike roof racks.
    I had my rear bumper protector installed (ordered with the vehicle, but wasn't available when I picked it up). While doing that, I noticed that the Venzas on the lot had a front license plate bracket. My Venza didn't come with the bracket, so my front license plate was angled out (due to the shape of the bumper). I meant to look at an auto parts store for some sort of mounting plate that would allow the plate to hang straight vertically, but never got around to it.

Apparently, the bracket wasn't available back in February. I asked to have a bracket installed and they did it when they installed the rear bumper protector.

Yes, it's a tiny detail, but it makes the front look a lot nicer than just the bare plate. I'm glad Toyota has the bracket for those of us who live in states with a front plate requirement. :)
  • md_outbackmd_outback Member Posts: 185
    Hey macpro,
    Sounds like a pretty straight-forward alternative to a roof rack. Can you provide any photos? Thanks.

MD
  • darowdarow Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone seen a Sunset Bronze Mica Venza? I cannot find one is Southeast Florida. Darow
    Where is your dealership located? I'm in Los Angeles, CA (where front plates are required) and I've trying to get that bracket. All the dealers say they're backordered and not available.
    I'm in Honolulu, HI. I don't know if it's a unique part for the Venza, but it is angled at the top to match the angle at the top edge of the bumper, such that the license plate is perpendicular to the ground.
    Hey - Picked our new RED Venza last night With Out a Bracket.
    Called Parts this morning -
    This is now a dealer installed OPTION!!
    Toy Part # 751010T010 (sorry, some of the zeros may "letter Os")
    It as called a "Front License Plate Bracket"
    About $35.00 - I'll pick mine up tomorrow.
    I Ordered from my local Bremerton, WA dealer and he said they are coming out the Portland, OR Regional warehouse. My guy said they showed 12 (now 11!!) in stock.
    Hope this helps anyone wanting one - halwick!!
    David
    halwick -
    See message post #28...
    I found the Bracket!!
    David
    David,

Thanks for the info.

Odd how a $30K-plus car delivered to a state (I live in CA) that mandates front license plates didn't come with the front bracket. Even the "lowly" Toyota Yaris has the bracket. I stated so to the dealer and dealer ordered it under warranty. Finally received it after two months and was installed couple days ago.

You're right, it does look better with the bracket.

Best wishes on your Red Venza.

Hal
  • jimcdencojimcdenco Member Posts: 2
    Hi all,

I found the License Plate Bracket here: http://www.Toyotapartsales.com It was $23.60 plus $10.49 shipping FedEx Ground for a total of $34.09 When you go to the website type in: 75101-0T010 in the search ands it will come up.

-Jim
  • robertag1robertag1 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone used the Yakima roof rack on a Venza with the sunroof? Their web site says they have a rack specifically for the Venza, but doesn't mention anything about the sunroof.
  • dmorrison76dmorrison76 Member Posts: 8
    Hello, I was wondering how it looks and if you installed it yourself?
    dose anyone have a pic of the hitch that was installed ?
  • svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    You are correct about the part # but I wonder if the bracket is in reality for the Venza or is it from another model (maybe the Camry) and it so happens that it also fits the Venza. The reason I say this is because when you try to put the years and model I noticed that the year goes no higher than 2008 and the Venza is not listed either...thanks for your help and let us know how is the fit..good luck
    SVOFAN 2-
    I think the bracket IS Venza specific. It fits the contour of the front bumper fascia PERFECTLY. I was going to take a photo but am waiting for my plates to come in as the part is installed WITH the plate.
    Hope this helps -
    David
  • jimcdencojimcdenco Member Posts: 2
    Yes, mine fits perfectly also. Can't tell if it is for the Venza specifically or not, but it sure is a great fit. I'm very pleased with it. Also of note, when I ordered it I received an email about 3 days after telling me it wasn't in stock and it would be 2 weeks to get and did I still want to go ahead with the order. I said yes, but it came 5 days after that. So I didn't have to wait 2 weeks.
  • toyotaslasttoyotaslast Member Posts: 15
    Can 1 of you please post a picture so i can see it. I just ordered my Venza and in 8 weeks ill need this to. Thanks
    orderd one from e-hitch on monday , came on wed, i installed it that night ( about 1 1/2 hours) by myself, and it looks great. still have to wire in the lights, mabe tomorrow. i will post a pic soon.
    Hey dmorrison76,
    What brand of hitch did you buy? I'm still undecided between Draw-Tite, Curt and Hidden-Hitch. All seem to be about the same with slight price differences. Thanks.

MD
    the Draw-Tite , its looks like the factory installed it.
    I uploaded a photo of my Venza with the front license plate bracket installed.

Let's see if I can embed it in my post here. Otherwise, you can find it in my CarSpace album.

See more Car Pictures at CarSpace.com
    did anyone get wheel locks with there Venza?
    did anyone buy them after market? and if so where?
    how did you upload your pic?
    I uploaded it to my CarSpace page. I clicked on "My CarSpace" above and uploaded it to an album.

To embed within a post, I copied the code shown in my CarSpace album in the "Embed Image" field. Then I pasted it within my post.

Here is a photo of the wheel locks I had installed. These were a dealer-installed Toyota accessory:

See more Car Pictures at CarSpace.com
    Hi dmorrison76,
    I purchased my Venza wheel locks after market from Frank's Toyota via eBay for $42 including shipping. These were direct from a Toyota dealer - actually made by McGard, so they are good quality and you can purchase extra "keys" and register the locks in case you lose one. The Toyota MSRP for the wheel locks is $81.00 if included when you buy the vehicle.

MD
  • tanchyk2000tanchyk2000 Member Posts: 7
    Did anyone install the Hood Bugshield/Rocks Deflector on Venza? Does it work?

We took a long trip on highway last weekend and I noticed the rock chips on the hood. Now I'm rushing to buy touch-up paint but I'd like to avoid this from happening in the future. I know it's almost impossible but still...so if anyone can give me any pointers here, I'd appreciate.

Thanks!!
  • hangdogithangdogit Member Posts: 5
    Just got a V6 FWD Red Venza and it looks fantastic! Would like to add an anti-theft kit and rain guards to keep rain from falling into an open front window. Also need a dash mat -- anything better than godashmat.com?
  • hawiianavownerhawiianavowner Member Posts: 76
    You need a clearmask, clearbra, google for 3M film for cars.
  • toyotaslasttoyotaslast Member Posts: 15
    I put in the part number you provided but 2 parts came up. Are they both the same? Part number 75101-0T010
    Thanks
  • free2runfree2run Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know which Thule Roof Rack fits the Venza? If not the Thule, does anyone know which roof rack to get for a Thule?
    Thanks