Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Acura TSX

deltmideltmi Member Posts: 6
edited July 2014 in Acura
Just got an email from Acura regarding the 2010 TSX V-6. The 2010 TSX will be 280-hp, 3.5 liter VTEC engine. Anyone have information about price, updates, etc.?

Comments

• bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    That is going to be a beautiful combo!! The TL better be careful!! The new TSX might be the better bang!! I would love to get the V6, though not needed for me or really for anyone, but with its looks, the V6, would just be all the more fun to drive.

Looks like fun!! I think it'll be priced to where the V6 and tech package will be the same or close in price. $2k option. So an extra $4k for the whole deal.

Worth it? I think so! Needed, not really, but fun!
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Member Posts: 811
    would even be better if it had manual transmission. No stick-no sale for me.
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    Wow, the styling tweaks look pretty good, although not 100% sold on the wheels. Unless AWD is needed/wanted, I can't see anyone passing over the V6 TSX for the TL.
    AWD is not a need or want for me. My next car which I plan on getting around April 2010 is leaning towards the TL with manual transmission or another 4cyl tsx.
    By that time, they may have a manual option for the V6 TSX. Then you can have your cake and eat it too! ;)
  • greenicegreenice Member Posts: 41
    >> No stick-no sale for me.

Same here!

The lease of my 2006 Accord V6 6MT is up this summer, and when I heard the TSX V6 rumors, I had high hopes. But I refuse to even consider one without the stick.

On a sad note, there is *nothing* in the Honda/Acura lineup right now that I see as a legitimate replacement for the Accord V6 6MT. Of course, for $8k more I could buy the ugly ugly TL with a stick (btw., did I mention it is ugly) but in addition to being ugly it is also bloated and not even much faster than my Accord. Moreover, at this price level, the Germans start looking mighty tempting ...
    I need 4-doors-leaves the accord V-6 6MT out. I would consider the mazdaspeed 3 before I would german cars. Previously owned a 91 Mazda MX-6 GT (bought new) that had 250,000+miles when we sold it. It had the original turbo, engine, transmission, clutch and ran excellent. It needed to be repainted and also the seats were worn and dirty. I guess you think the new TL is ugly. I thought the same way until I drove behind a black one. It was really not that ugly. (no bag over the head needed)
    Yes, I love german cars, but higher cost to maintain. You'll still get a great drive though!! Much fun! I have had 2 recent german cars leased, and no problems with them. Just routine maintainence. You could look at the Accord Coupe V6 Manual, very sharp if 2 doors work.

The TL really isn't as bad in person, and the grill can be modified. With minimal cost. I too, saw a black one, and it was quite nice. It was the fully loaded model. But, compared to the TSX, it is quite bloated, a little off track of what people like you are looking for. Something agile, sporty, that bar was up so high on the previous TL, that it was hard to beat that.

It really is too bad they are going away from the manual option, if anything that should be a standard "option". They do have this paddleshifting...lol. but some how not the same.
    The accord coupe with MT would not work for me. My mom owns a 08 accord V-6 sedan which I drive when I visit her. I prefer my tsx.
    We owned a 1976 Mercedes 300D and then a 1980 Mercedes 300 TD. That is when mercedes were excellent cars.
    Paddleshifting can not compete with manual transmission. IMO
    Well, my current lease will be up 2 years, perhaps the V6 TSX will have better deals then too, I will consider that. I think I want to stick with Honda products though when I trade. I miss my Honda. The TSX is one sweet looking ride. The V6 would be hot!
    But, I am a bit sad they took away the "red" color. They have the more maroon color red, but the sport red is gone. Perhaps it wouldn't look as good with the new design.

I think most colors look good on the car, the silver in the car looks a bit too casual for me. Still looks good if I had to get it in silver though.
    my next purchase is slated for April 2010- I do not lease-drive too many miles-my 06 tsx has 70,000+ miles. Hopefully by then the tsx v-6 will be offered in milano red/ebony and manual transmission. Have a silver car-boring-but it does not show the dirt.
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    Other than the current gen 09 MY, the MYs for the TSX usually change in early fall (Oct,,Nov.) - so even if the V6 TSX gets an MT for MY11, that won't be out in April. Of course with the current situation in the automotive world anything is possible.
  • jpdisarrojpdisarro Member Posts: 33
    The 2010 TSX is supposed to be released during the summer, so Honda may be changing the schedule for the TSX.
  • joem5joem5 Member Posts: 201
    I've always owned Integras and a 6 spd Type S that I loved except for cheap leather.
    I think the TSX is a woman's car.Acura has made it impossible to get an entry car with some torque and at the right price.
    Maybe the TSX, isn't meant to be a sports car ,but a family sedan. I have to have a six spd tranny ,or no deal.I have been offered 2k over book for my Type S . What's wrong with this picture?
    If I sell where do I go to find a six spd HB with a 2.0 .
    I "ll probably go to Mazda Speed. I'm not driving a Civic SI.
    30k is what they want for a TSX in NH I don't know how someone on here posted they are going for 26K.I didn't try the TSX,but I'd like to know if it's a fun ride. :confuse:
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Member Posts: 3,118
    The Integra wasn't exactly a torque monster. Actually, I think the TSX could be considered an Integra for grown-ups.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    Nicely put.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
    Saw the 2010 TSX V6 at the Autoshow. If that model is representative of all 2010 TSX, then it appears they have made a change to the Nav screen to eliminate the horrible relection problem. The plastic protective screen is now straight up, rather than tilted forward so that it wouldn't pick up the reflection from the dash surface.

As an aside, the TSX V6 would present a dilemma for someone trying to choose between that and the FWD TL. I mean, what would the FWD TL offer that the TSX would not? :confuse:
  • jpdisarrojpdisarro Member Posts: 33
    The TL has a slightly higher quality interior and a better nav screen. Aside from that, I don't think the FWD TL has any advantages over the V6 TSX, unless the additional rear legroom of the TL is necessary.

That said, I might be choosing between the V6 TSX and SH-AWD TL in 1-2 years.
    "...unless the additional rear legroom of the TL is necessary."

True, the rear legroom in the TSX is somewhat tight. But the extra space in the TL comes at the expense of significantly increased exterior bulk. The TSX is just a much tidier size for urban use.
    I bet Acura will price the V6 as a $2k option. That seems to be an average price for options like the Tech package and or the V6 on most of the products they offer.
    If you wanted the fully loaded TSX, it would be an extra $4k or so more than the base model. Roughly $80-$100 more per month. Worth it? Yes, I think it would be a great car with all options. V6 would be fun!! The issue would be though, it cannot get too close to the TL pricing. I don't see myself getting TL, but one might just move up to the TL if they are that close to the TSX. Not when the TSX offers more bang for the buck. Atleast for me, I don't need a big car like the TL. 4cyl would be enough for me honestly. The V6 is very tempting though.
  • pacinpelopacinpelo Member Posts: 142
    If anyone gets more info as to the street date of a 2010 TSX V-6 please do share.
    You call dealers now and they try to sell you the 09 4 cly TSX (desperation).
    I was told by my dealer-June
  • maxbetamaxbeta Member Posts: 12
    I think the V-6 TSX will generate some real interest. Like others I don't think I need the full size of the TL. The size of the 09 TSXs that I have seen being driven around town reminds me of the 04-08 TL. (from the exterior appearance obviously) But I have never owned a TL so I must admit I don't know.

For people like me who usually don't need to take backseat passengers around, it could be the perfect fit.
    I would consider it-if it had manual transmission. I am planning to replace my 06 tsx in April 2010. Right now I am leaning to the tl with the MT. When my tsx was being serviced I had a 09 TL as a loaner car. Was impressed,
  • pacinpelopacinpelo Member Posts: 142
    Its too bad the new TL is so ugly, the chrome face is too extreme.

So I will sit on the sidelines till June to decide on a 2010 TSX v-6 or Accord EX-L V6.
    There is an interesting discussion.....
  • marcr92marcr92 Member Posts: 10
    I just got off the phone with an Acura rep. She didn't know any information about the 2010 but she did know that they are going to dealers in early to mid June. Does anyone know about the 2010 besides the v6? I'm looking to get the normal 2.4 TSX, but is there any differences between the 2009 and 2010? I heard something about the antiglare navigation screen.
  • ssonicssssonicss Member Posts: 8
    where can I find out about colors for 2010 tsx tech ????
  • 326326 Member Posts: 8
    Dealers down by me (So Florida) seem to have many new 2009 TSX's w/Tech. As many as 35 between 3 dealerships. since the 2010's are due within (about) 3 weeks.... how will these dealers get rid of this inventory. Do you think they will start to discount them? I'm looking for a lease (non tech) but would take a Tech TSX if it went for the price of a non-tech!
  • aak1aak1 Member Posts: 13
    They will simply offer the 2009 models at invoice, like they are doing now and keep the 2010 ones at MRSP.

When a customer see's the 3K price diff they'll get the 2009.

I'm planning on getting a 2010 one at invoice... when that day comes. I'm hoping it's in June, but we'll see.
  • heatstrokeheatstroke Member Posts: 4
    After months of searching for a new car, I really see no better value than the TSX. However, these stories of engine pinging scare me. Has anyone heard from a credible source that the pinging has been addressed for the 2010 models?
  • rv65rv65 Member Posts: 1,076
    The Nav system will get a new screen that is more resistant to glare.

2010 TSX Pricing
    Last but not least, Acura has set the pricing for the 2010 TSX.
    2010 TSX (2.4L 5AT/6MT) - $29,310*
    2010 TSX Tech (2.4L 5AT/6MT) - $32,410*
    2010 TSX V6 (3.5L 5AT) - $34,850*
    2010 TSX V6 Tech (3.5L 5AT) - $37,950*

The 2010 TSX is out right now but it's a rolling release. That means vehicles are shipped as soon as they're built. Add $810 for the Destination charge. With the rolling release not all dealers will have them on 6.2.09. Some might get them later and some might get them earlier. Hope this helps.
  • heatstrokeheatstroke Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the wealth of information. In my opinion, those prices are too high for the v6 model. I was counting on the v6 since I thought it might not have engine pinging problems. Oh well. Thanks again. I'll have to bargain hard ;-)
    WOW!!

Those are some steep pricing.

I would assume the V6 would have been a $2,000 option. As it is with the Accord. Granted, you do get the big rims, and maybe a few other small features. But, $37k for a V6 TSX? You have got to be kidding. No way. Sorry. They may burn themselves on this. As, why in the world would one get the TL, when you can get the whole bang on the TSX in a tidier package.

The pricing, might push them off the map a bit. I hope your not making a bad move Acura, now is not the time to play games!!! :surprise:
  • kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    Acura has got to be kidding themselves. These prices are ridiculous. I was going to wait and look/test drive the 2010 but not now!
  • casdmgcasdmg Member Posts: 11
    Other than the V6 what are the other differences between the model years?
    I think you do get bigger rims, and perhaps a new feature here and there, but I still cannot justify paying the premium for the V6. The Accord has either $2k for the navigation or $2k for the V6 options. $4,000 for both. The engine is pretty much like any other V6 Honda engine. That is a pretty hefty price for the upgrade.

The 4cyl with Navi offers more bang for the buck. However offering a Turbo on the 4cyl engine would be something I get! Add more torque, similar mileage. Perhaps cost less, but might have more issues later though. But, don't they already have turbo on the SUV? So just add that option to the TSX. The its less weight, torquey little thing... I would move on that!

If you wanted a V6, I would get the Accord. Not the tsx, though the TSX has a more modern, techno look to it, less family sedan looking.
  • mugengsrmugengsr Member Posts: 12
    For those considering a TSX V-6, go get a G37 AWD (328 hp) with the sport package. My wife got one for 35K, the MSRP was 41K. The dealer even threw in the spoiler for free. Acura screwed up on this one.
  • acurasacuras Member Posts: 14
    Lipstick on pig, really. They bring a fuel guzzler instead of the promised 2.2L diesel. Diesel is about 30% cheaper than premium gas right now and will remain so with the addition of new diesel capacity in North America. It makes no matter, I kept my 6 speed 04 TSX for my son and bought an Audi as my daily driver.

Acura has been very successful at conquests - for other companies, with Audi and Infiniti as the main beneficiaries. Acura is soooooooo lost.

The Acura grille reminds me of fishing - put the largest, shiniest lure down to catch the stupid fish. Huggy Bear would be proud.
    no 6MT with the tsx V-6=no sale. Since I am very pleased with my 06 6MT tsx, bought new 11/17/06, I plan on buying another acura in March/April 2010. My tsx now has 85,000+problem free miles. Right now I am leaning towards the 2010 TL sh-awd 6MT.
  • glenski01glenski01 Member Posts: 44
    Other than 6 cyl Avail:

Me too, whats new for 2010 TSX, if anything? if going for th TSX, would rather have the 4 cyl, but would like to know of any changes from 2009 to 2010. Would really love it if the weird overassisted steering went away. :cry:
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,417
    We hadn't planned on buying a new car until July 2010 when the lease on my wife's 2007 BMW X3 3.0si is up. Alas the government's Cash for Clunkers has peaked my interest. According to the EPA's website, they are going to give me a $3500 credit towards a new car if I give them my 1990 E30 BMW 325iA. The 3 series is too small (Wife, myself, 3 year old, & 3 month old) & the 5 series doesn't meet the EPA's requirements to receive the tax credit (new vehicle must get at least 22 mpg combined), the G37 sedan doesn't meet the fuel economy requirements, so I'm probably going to end up looking at a Passat, an Accord Ex-L V6 NAV, & a TSX V6 Tech.

I know the Accord is a "nice" car and know it will run forever and 2 days (my 2001 Honda Prelude Type SH which I purchased new in April 2002 currently has 112,500+ miles & counting), but doesn't do it for me as far as the driving experience goes.

We almost leased the Passat instead of our X3 2 years ago, but for an extra $25 per month, I got a $40K+ BMW instead of a $28K VW (no offense to the VW, but the X3 is quite an awesome vehicle).

The TSX V6 came up on my radar. I just wonder what the EPA's fuel economy combined numbers are. They have to be at least 22mpg (a 4cyl auto TSX is 25, same as a V6 Accord). Second I'm curious to see if our double stroller fits in the trunk with some room to spare.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

And here I thought we had you converted to the E30 cult. Ironic, I sold a TSX to buy my first E30... :)

Still, $3500 is a heck of a nice little profit, IIRC.
    Actually it would be if I had not dumped some money into the car to get it roadworthy (radiator, alignment, new tires, diagnostic, state inspection, registration, insurance...), the $3500 would be a nice profit. I'm probably going to break even.

Like I said, I really wanted an E60 5er, but it doesn't meet the EPA's fuel economy requirements for the program.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

So, I guess an H2 is out of the question as well? :blush:

Good luck with whatever you decide. Knowing you, I'm sure you'll make a good choice.
    I not 100% sure but I thought the vehicle had to be 25 years old or older.
    LOL H2! I also read the car has to have an MSRP of under $45K, so the E60 is OUT for sure!

it is actually the opposite. The vehicle can be no more than 25 years old.

Too bad you'll be giving up the E30. Maybe you can find another one when your lifestyle is better suited to owing (and loving) one.
This discussion has been closed.