Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Sienna

happy19happy19 Member Posts: 12
edited March 2014 in Toyota
Hi Everyone;

Does anyone know when the 2010 models come out? I hear that the 2010 Sienna will be re-engineered. Does anyone know if this is true? And if so, what changes will there be?

Thanks,
Steve

Comments

• hause7hause7 Member Posts: 153
    According to consumer reports redesign is expected for summertime...
    http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/new-cars/cr-recommended/top-picks/overvi- ew/top-picks-ov.htm
  • wp746911wp746911 Member Posts: 26
    so will this be a major redesign then?
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    The new F/awd system in the Venza and 2010 RX350 is so much more adequate then the current system that I have little doubt it will soon be adopted for the HL and Sienna.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Cool, what type of system is it? Did they go back to a viscous coupling?
  • tsu670tsu670 Member Posts: 293
    The new redesign apparently won't come out until the 2011 model year. Rumor has it that it will have a longer wheelbase and include second-row folding seats (like Chrysler Sto 'n Go). The 2010 version will be little changed from 2009, and the prices will stay the same, as well.
    No, the rear driveline isn't driven unless moderate to high acceleration is used (and I suspect only in lower gears, 1st and 2nd) or a front wheel slips due to roadbed conditions. Practically a "reverse" F/awd vs R/awd, of the new system now used in the Porsche 911/997 to replace the VC.
    I'd like to see that executed better.

The Sto 'n Go seats are puny - child sized at best. Padding is thin and they are also way too close to the ground.

Let's see if Toyota can execute the great idea a little better.
  • tsu670tsu670 Member Posts: 293
    Agreed. Chrysler system poor at best. My bet is that's why Toyota waited so long to execute its version of fold away second row seats; had to find a better system.

We were considering a 2010 model, but now are waiting until the 2011 version comes out.
  • dsmguydsmguy Member Posts: 23
    anyone know what or when the incentives for the 2010 will be coming out?
    Are they even in dealers yet? :D
    Yep. we actually looked for the 2009's and really couldn't find what we want in terms of options. We're in Iowa. The dealer tried to sell us a 2010, I said we'd wait a few months for the incentives. He "guaranteed" us there would not be any for at least 6 months. Told him I'd buy today if he would reimburse me if an incentive did come out in the next 6 months....he said no. I said "then that's not much of a guarantee, is it?"
    He didn't agree because he knows there will be one soon. The market isn't exactly on fire, and that Sienna is the same basic design from MY2004.

The "for at least 6 months" thing is hogwash. I bet it's within a month, two tops. As soon as the 09s sell out, basically.
    thanks ateixeira! that's what I figured. Besides, it doesn't hurt us any to wait 3 or 4 months. The guy was pushing hard for us to buy then but the look on his face when I asked if his manager would cut me a check for the difference if in fact there were incentives in the next 3 months...priceless.
    I know I’ve asked this before but didn’t get a reply…

Anyone really know what the true invoice price on the 2010 sienna is? Dealers are willing to show me the “invoice” and have offered $50 over invoice as their sale price…but come on, they’re really not just making $50??? I know that there’s a manufacturer’s rebate, 2% of the MSRP and a fleet incentive from Toyota Motor Sales of $1000. Assuming that the MSRP is $30K, can I assume that the profit margin is $1600 above the quoted invoice price? Any thoughts as to what a fair profit for a dealer would be?
    They also get a holdback, but dealer margins are thin. They make profits on service, not sales.
    ok, looks like I've finally found a 2009 model that is still out there. However, it's about 4 hours away from our local dealer. Our local dealer wants to charge me a fee to go get the vehicle, is that typical? Heck, I might as well drive up there myself and buy it from that dealer.
    I think that's fair, it's like another freight.

Do you know what dealer has it?

Ask if he'll waive that fee if you go pick it up, but still let you close the deal locally.
    don't know which dealer has it. but would be easy enough to find since it's within a 300 mile radius. Part of my argument with the local dealer is that I could easy pick up the phone myself and call around and buy the sienna from that dealer and not have to pay their $500 delivery fee. Figure, 2 guys driving, 600 miles round trip at 70 miles an hour. Should take 8.5 hours...let's say 10 hours. That's 20 hours of labor for 2 guys...I'm paying them $25 per hour to go pick up a car? Seem kind of high.

by the way, I appreciate the input ateixeira!! :)
    The mechanics get $95 nowadays.
  • ck90211ck90211 Member Posts: 159
    Oh how I wish Toyota would just bring the Estima hybrid (47 mpg) here. Doesn't Toyota know there are Previa/Prius owners all over who are holding out for a hybrid minivan with 40+ mpg? Please put in 2.4L hybrid system (not the 3.3L from Highlander Hybrid). I want 47 mpg, not 27.
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    47 mpg in a 4000# plus package is an engineering challenge with current technology.
    "..engineering challenge.."

Not really, if marketing would just stop "selling" based on 0-60MPH......
    It's true...my van does 0-60 quicker than some muscle cars did back in the 70s. I have no real need for that, though I'll take it so long as the tall gearing keeps mileage up.

Still, you wonder what they could do if it has a small engine and tall gearing.
  • yatesjoyatesjo Member Posts: 186
    Marketing sells 0-60MPH because people buy 0-60MPH. Marketing's job is to figure out what people are looking for and tailor the product selling points to what the customers want. Selling underpowered vehicles with excellent fuel economy is a hard sale and unless gas prices go to the stratosphere, an ineffective sales pitch.

The fuel economy is ultimately a trade off on safety. All the structure and equipment used to make crashes more survivable add weight and that weight requires more power to get moving. Having more power means using more fuel and unless you are willing to accept taking 30+s at full throttle to get to 60MPH, you aren't going to achieve 40+ MPG in a 2 ton package at the current tech level. Around here that leisurely acceleration even on surface roads will get you rear ended before a week is out.
  • yeppersyeppers Member Posts: 3
    Can only do so much in a minivan. That is why it is called a minivan. Get a GM or Ford van like the Savanna or E-series for more room and such. Custom order them.
    AS you may already be well aware there are numerous FWD vehicles in the market today with engines rated above 200HP that automatically detuned/derate the engine in the lower gear ranges, some quite RADICALLY with wheelspin/slip, otherwise the insurance companies would probably step up and "outlaw" FWD and F/awd altogether.
  • achiulliachiulli Member Posts: 1
    My wife and I purchased a 2010 Sienna today, and are wondering if anyone knows if an Ipod 's menus can be accessed through the Nav screen when plugged into the Aux input? The salesman at the dealer did not know.
  • vince113vince113 Member Posts: 6
    aux port only sends audio signals.
    it doesn't control nor charge the ipod.
This discussion has been closed.