Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Villager/Quest Possessed Rear Wiper

gimpy72gimpy72 Member Posts: 1
I have a 2002 Mercury Villager with a possessed rear wiper. Some of the time the wiper works normal, but mostly if you hit the button it will just "shake" and not stop until you lift the wiper blade up. I have run down 2 batteries so far because I cannot get this to stop. I bought the Haynes manual for the Villager and it tells you how to take the rear blade off, but I couldn't get it (and in WI it is really cold most days to be doing this). I want to pull the rear wiper fuse to save it from ruining another battery, but I don't now where it is - Haynes manual was NOT helpful and I can't find my owners manual. Does anyone know where it is? Any thoughts on the problem with the rear wiper?

HELP!!
Thanks

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    My '99 Quest should be the same as yours. Same generation anyway.

My factory manual says that the rear wiper is fused by a 10A fuse that's #9 in the fuse block.

If yours has a glass hatch, then the 10A fuse is #2 in the fuse block.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    My '99 Quest should be the same as yours. Same generation anyway.

My factory manual says that the rear wiper is fused by a 10A fuse that's #9 in the fuse block.

If yours has a glass hatch, then the 10A fuse is #2 in the fuse block.

Where To Find Your Car Owner's Manual Online may help too.
  • mercury1997mercury1997 Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I have a 1997 Mercury Villager 3.0L... My ? is that it shakes when i accelerate. I've replaced all 4 tires and Balanced them and rotated from front to back. Here is a list of things I've replaced: Tires, Motor and Trans mounts, both CV axles, front Struts and a front end alignment. Everything was replaced one thing at a time and it still does it and everything I replaced was with New parts. I've had it to the local shop and they can't find the problem.... Can anyone help?

THANKS Dan
  • mercury1997mercury1997 Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I have a 1997 Mercury Villager 3.0L... My ? is that it shakes when i accelerate. I've replaced all 4 tires and Balanced them and rotated from front to back. Here is a list of things I've replaced: Tires, Motor and Trans mounts, both CV axles, front Struts and a front end alignment. Everything was replaced one thing at a time and it still does it and everything I replaced was with New parts. I've had it to the local shop and they can't find the problem.... Can anyone help?

THANKS Dan
  • kuekue Member Posts: 1
    check your timing belt setting, it might be off the mark.
  • juliancaljuliancal Member Posts: 1
    I have a '93 Villager GS, with no unusual aftermarket equipment. I got it in 2001 and last year I started getting an intermittent problem with the wipers -- they don't come on when I rotate the switch into the 'intermittent' range. Sometimes, they come on if I put the switch all the way to 'High' -- other times it starts working only if I push the windshield washer switch.

Is this a problem with the relay, or with the switch? (I know the fuse is OK, everything else on that circuit is fine.)

Any suggestions on how to approach this would be fine. Just looking for ideas.
    Thanks --
  • dat_dude_30238dat_dude_30238 Member Posts: 1
    You might want to try the Tie End Rods!!