Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo XC60 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• speedyhenspeedyhen Member Posts: 5
    So... I am looking/deciding between the XC60 and the Q5 for my wifey! Now I got a H2 and a Tahoe and the wifey hates both cause of their size and being that we are looking to have kids in the next year or two, it only seems right that the Q5 or XC60 might be perfect choices (and maybe even the SRX).

What are some prices you guys have gotten for a 36-month lease with 12,000 miles/year and no more than $2,000 drive-off (so down + all taxes + fees).

Here is the type of car I am looking for:
    3.2 FWD (not AWD & not T6)
    Convenience Package
    Multimedia Package
    (Premium/Climate ... I wont mind these)

Please give me some of your feedback and approx. #s of what you guys have gotten, especially if your in California.

Much appreciated,

Henrik
  • dulnevdulnev Member Posts: 652
    As I posted just a few days ago, several dealerships in the DC area offer pricing of invoice to $400 under invoice after you factor in $100 to $499 "documentation fee". If your local dealers don't offer better than $1,000 over invoice, why not pick up your car from DC? You're not that far. I bought my last three cars from as far as 1,200 miles away, but not any closer than 300 miles.

OSD is for single people or couples without small kids. I don't know many such people who buy Volvo crossovers :-). Plus you can usually get very close to or better than the OSD price (I certainly did).
  • speedyhenspeedyhen Member Posts: 5
    what does OSD price mean?

Problem is that I live in California so comin out to DC is a difficult idea
  • onehaqqonehaqq Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the info. If I could get close to invoice, I would definitely buy it from DC. I have contacted one of the Volvo dealerships in the DC area you mentioned (Martens), but am not getting close to invoice. I am quoting the options listed below.

The base FWD Overseas Delivery price is $29,970 and according to Edmunds, the invoice is $30,451. Thus, OSD with my desired options is $34,765 and at Invoice would be $35,246. However, the quote from Martens Volvo I received was $36,999 - almost $2,000 over invoice. If I could get closer to invoice, I would definitely just buy from here! Any suggestions?

Premium Package $1,700.00
    Climate Package $1,000.00
    Wood inlays $295.00
    PCC $550.00
    BLIS $700.00
    Metallic Paint $550.00
  • onehaqqonehaqq Member Posts: 12
    speedyhen -

OSD is Overseas Delivery (http://www.volvocars.com/us/sales-services/sales/volvo_overseas_delivery/pages/- default.aspx)

With this program, you pay a fixed price of the car (I think its like 8% below MSRP so a FWD base is $29,970 which is within few hundred dollars of invoice), not including any options you would add.

Then, Volvo pays for 2 roundtrip tickets to pick up your car in Sweden, gives you a Volvo Factory tour, and 1 night hotel, and 15 days of European insurance for you to test out your car. So you could order a car to your exact specifications. Only thing is, it would take some time (like 2-3 months) to build and another 2 months to ship back to US after you sign for it there - but all shipping charges are included. I have asked, and they said anyone can sign for it at the Volvo factory, so it doesnt have to be you technically.

I think there might be a few people on this forum who have done it. Alternatively, if you can find a car for less or at invoice, it would be a similar price here - which is what I am trying to do but no luck yet.
  • acracklacrackl Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2010
    There are other things you could try.

1. Try the Ford X Plan pricing. The company I work for qualifies and I can get a PIN and it comes up with a fixed pricing. You can google "Ford X Plan" and should bring up forums which offer these PINs. You will find lots of info on how this works, etc.

Try this link for the X plan request: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/45-ford-x-plan-pin-request- s/

Try this link if you have a partner code (this is what I would do to get my price down as I have this code - in my case I am unsure whether I want the XC60, still debating over the Q5): https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/login.do

2. Try zag.com. Or other purchasing services like Costco/Sams Club.

I am not familiar with the DC market. However, I am tending to think that $2000 over invoice is too high and you should be able to bring it down.

Good luck!
    Regarding Ford X-plan: first of all, Volvo is no longer part of Ford, so the X-plan does not apply anymore. Second, X-plan pricing was quite bad to begin with -- about 2% over invoice.

Using zag.com (American Express) is what I did to find best prices.
    Mention Zag pricing when you contact Marten's. If you contacting Darcar Volvo in Rockville, MD, talk to their Internet sales manager for best pricing.
  • acracklacrackl Member Posts: 10
    Regarding Ford X-plan: first of all, Volvo is no longer part of Ford, so the X-plan does not apply anymore. Second, X-plan pricing was quite bad to begin with -- about 2% over invoice.

Disagree - You can still get X Plan pricing through Ford. They have not completed the sale to Geely. I already checked this.

Agree - Pricing is indeed 2% over invoice.

For what the OP was looking at, $2000 over invoice, X plan is a better deal. Zag.com works is some places, but not all. In my area zag.com does not offer discounted pricing (I am in Houston), that's what their website said when I tried it for Q5/XC60. Also, do a search on Google to find out what dealers pay zag.com if you buy through them - nothing in life is "free". If you can cut zag.com out, you can cut what dealers pay them - another negotiating strategy ?

At the end of the day, whatever works for you! Good luck!
  • biancarbiancar Member Posts: 965
    Dulnev, did you happen to talk with Beyer Volvo in Alexandria? I am doing some Volvo shopping, have been to Beyer and to Fairfax Volvo. Don't know if there's much difference between them on price. Right now I'm still trying to decide on which car, among several different brands.
  • mikey38mikey38 Member Posts: 141
    I saw this on MSNBC tonight:
    STOCKHOLM - Zhejiang Geely Holding Group signed a binding deal Sunday to buy Ford Motor Co.'s Volvo Cars unit for $1.8 billion, representing a coup for the independent Chinese automaker which is aiming to expand in Europe.
    I didn't talk to Beyer in Alexandria, but dealt with Beyer in Sterling. They would not budge of 2% over invoice, even when presented with much lower quotes from other dealers. I did not talk to Fairfax Volvo. There was no reason to once I got pricing of $500 under invoice from Darcar Volvo in Rockville. And no dealer in Virginia has such low documentation fee as Darcar ($100).
  • crsovr1crsovr1 Member Posts: 7
    Just an update. We decided on the XC60 T6 instead of the Q5. We made our deal the 2nd week of March for invoice + ad fee 200 + dest +TTL. Very happy with the price and the dealer - Superior Volvo KC.

We got the T6 with everything BLIS, PCC, Tech, Climate, Premium, Xenon lights, Ext Styling, hitch, Electric Silver paint, etc

Our last day to make changes was 3/25 and delivery date to KC is May 17th. Very excited as we spent 3 weeks studying, comparing, even taking both the cars home for overnight test drives.

Whole deal took about an hour including putting down the deposit. :)

Does anyone know how you can track your car or about when the car is done then shipped to the US? I just wonder how many days it takes to build the car.
  • boxerboyzboxerboyz Member Posts: 2
    Two weeks ago we took our 2010 xc60 T6 from Bridgewater Volvo and paid below invoice price not including the $1000 loyalty discount and the usual fees. Also got the best price for our 2005 S40 trade in. Very happy with our new purchase. :)
    Well, for some reason it is taking a very long time to build our T6. We placed our order on March 7th, but yesterday I found out that the expected delivery date is May 31st. That's almost three months instead of two. Sucks!

On the positive note, beginning April 1st Volvo added a new loyalty rebate of $1,000 for current owners of Volvo, Toyota, or Lexus. Not really a "loyalty" rebate, but I'm not going to protest since I own a Lexus. All I have to do according to the sales person is stop by the dealership so that they can copy my registration. That's fantastic news!
  • 4mercoachrick4mercoachrick Member Posts: 133
    End of May? I wonder what model year designation this will carry. The 2010 has been out for 13+ months already.
  • frictiontapefrictiontape Member Posts: 8
    With whom did you work with?
  • Who did you buy your Phoenix XC60 through? I know there are only two dealers in town and both dont seem to want to deal...
    We ordered our XC60 T6 on March 7th, and were very disappointed a few weeks later when we were given a due date of May 31 -- 11 weeks after order date instead of the promised 8 weeks.

Well, it is now May 10, three weeks before the expected delivery date. By my calculations this means that the car should already have been built and getting ready to be shipped. However, we still don't have the VIN.

If you ordered your Volvo for delivery to US, how long did it take from order to delivery? More importantly, how long before the delivery did you get your VIN?

Thank you.
    We ordered our T6 on 3/8 but our last day for change was 3/25 so we knew it wasn't even going to start build till 3/25. We initially got 5/17, then 5/14, then 5/21. Well early last week we got 5/10 and we were able to get our VIN. The car hasn't left port as of 5/10 but the dealer thinks we'll have it here in KC 5/14.

So, the VIN should be available - ask your dealer.
  • eichergmeichergm Member Posts: 6
    We are looking at an XC60 with all package except technology. We are in So. Cal and cant get dealers to move much more than 200 below invoice. What is the going price? Also, if you do the Volvo loyalty, what is needed, a registration? Do they check the validity (ie name match), etc?? Please inform me so I can get a better price! Thanks in advance!
    I got $500 under invoice, and the dealer charges $100 documentation fee. So effectively $400 under invoice. Anything under invoice (not counting the "loyalty" rebate) is a great price because there are no dealer incentives on this car.

"Loyalty" rebate is not really a loyalty rebate because Lexus and Toyota owners (like me) also qualify for it. All I had to do was provide the dealer with a copy of my registration. Yes, the name has to be the same. I don't know whether it would be acceptable if it was your name on the registration for the Volvo/Lexus/Toyota that qualifies you for the rebate, and it was your spouse's name on the new Volvo purchase order. But you certainly can't use your cousin's registration as the qualifier :-)
  • eichergmeichergm Member Posts: 6
    Can anyone comment on the Costco pricing for the XC60T - R design? The dealership isnt being straightforward. Thanks!
    It's not going to be any good compared to how well you can do outside of Costco plan. I've tried Costco pricing for several brands (Toyota, Infiniti, and Audi) and the pricing sucked.

Where are you located? My local dealership (Don Beyer Volvo in Falls Church, Virginia) is offering EVERY XC60 in stock (they claim to have 10 of them) at $1,000 under invoice before any loyalty rebates. They do have a $379 documentation fee, but that's still net $600 under invoice. You CAN'T do any better than that.
  • radoncgsradoncgs Member Posts: 60
    I am also thinking of trade in my 2007 S40 for a new XC90. How do i know that I am getting the best price for my trade-in, do you use the on line blue book trade in price? Thanks.
    It's kind of a strange question given that you posted this message on edmunds.com, which is one of the sources of the information you're looking for. You have named the other one -- on-line blue book. You should also go through a few used cars for sale Web sites (use a search engine to find them) to see what the prices for similar cars with similar miles are.

Finally, if you have a CarMax nearby, take your car there to get it appraised. CarMax would frequently offer more than a dealer would. That is, you want to trade in your car, which in general is a bad idea. You should try to sell your car yourself through Craig's List if you want to get the best value.
    My car is finally out of port and will be here on Wednesday. I'll pick it up Friday due to work travels but we're taking care of paperwork early. They've of course offered the car care package for interior and exterior for $895. Any thoughts? Is it worth it? It's some kind of teflon coating on the exterior and includes a free windshield chip repair and dent repair.

Worth it? I was thinking of doing the invisible bra type paint film. Anyone have experience with that?
    Don't usually pay for things that don't 'exist' , if I may say that. Teflon coating...hmmm. What pixie dust will they use on the interior? Not saying the package is worth 'nothing'; but I would imagine it's probably worth $100, if that. Now, if they offer some sort of real insurance with no deductible, then having a dent or chip covered would, again, be worth 'something'.

I bought wheel/tire 'insurance' on our C70, given the cost of either when damaged. Wouldn't you know it, the XC60 picked up a nail that cut the sidewall and, of course, I had no coverage for that. Ya pays yo' money and ya takes yo' chances!

The clear bra might be worthwhile, depending on your driving conditions. After one year and almost 20K miles, our front bumper shows some cuts, but the sheet metal is fine. Plenty of stones and 'things' out here in Texas AND we take a 6-7 state highway trip each summer; but, the front of the vehicle looks pretty darned good...without any extra protection. YMMV and all that :) .
  • bob__bob__ Member Posts: 8
    I’ve targeted sale price $1000 under invoice, but all dealers insist that in PA invoice is $500 higher than Edmund’s invoice because they are charged “advertisement” fee… Anyways, several dealers sounded like they will sell for $500 under Edmunds invoice, but not lover than that.
    So I got the following deal at the closest dealership:

Volvo XC60 T6 with sunroof and climate package: MSRP $40,250
    Invoice $37,886
    Sale price $37,386
    Loyalty disc. -$1,000
    Total price $36,386 + 6% PA tax
    Registration, plate, etc. $165.
    I've also traded in my 8-year old Pathfinder and got Edmunds’ appraisal price somewhere between “outstanding” and “clean”.
  • mikey38mikey38 Member Posts: 141
    adding an advertising fee is just a scam to make more profit. The dealer doesn't asses a fee for utilities they are required to pay.

Sounds like you got a good deal overall.
  • bob__bob__ Member Posts: 8
    Yes, it's only $500 under invoice, but still better than Edmunds' TMV $38,115
    Next time I'll try harder. :)
  • rcomparinrcomparin Member Posts: 2
    It looks as if the Loyalty rebate in June is for Volvo owners only. I do not see that lexus or Toyota owners qualify. maybe that was only until May? Anyone know?
    I believe it was over in April. I ordered my car in March before it began, then we bought at the end of May and it was already gone. However, the dealer was able to get me the rebate in the end because it was active while my car was on order.

The rebate now only covers Volvo owners.
  • coolmom09coolmom09 Member Posts: 12
    I have talked to two local Volvo dealers and they both quote me price higher than Edmund's invoice price! :mad: They won't even sell at the invoice price. Why are they so tough? (I am in Ohio). Should I try buy from another state? Is the east coast better?
    You can buy for $500 - $1,000 under invoice in Maryland and Northern Virginia suburbs of DC.
  • coolmom09coolmom09 Member Posts: 12
    The dealer I talked to told me a invoice price which is $1000 more than Edmonds.com. Was he lying?
    Yes, the dealer was lying. Edmunds invoice numbers for XC60 are accurate.
    We've had the T6 for about 6 weeks now and love it. We got around 2300 miles and average about 18.2 in mostly city/suburban driving with a heavy amount of short trips. I thought I'd just comment on a few features and things we've noticed:

The Adaptive Cruise Control made our first road trip a breeze. I couldn't believe how well it worked. I was amazed. Even my husband who hate CC was really impressed and used it for his portion of the driving.
    the rear view mirror is dim and takes some getting used to
    love BLIS as it's a nice check for changing lanes; it doesn't always work well when it's raining though and if you're passing someone around 6mph faster then they are, it won't light up
    iPods older than 2005 are not supported. Our old iPod Mini wouldn't work so we bought a Nano that works great
    the Nav actually gets better with practice and by the 3rd or 4th time I got it down pretty good. While I understand why, it's annoying you can't make changes while driving. But we're probably a lot safer because of it.
    Bluetooth quality with my Palm Pre is excellent. Friend has 09 Lexus RX and hers is terrible.
    the ride has been comfy but for our 6'+ friends the back is not for long trips.
    the PCC is so worth it. I just leave my key in my purse and never worry about it. Tip: you gotta get in from the driver side to get the side mirrors to open. If you get in from the passenger, the mirrors stay folded. You then have to lock and unlock the car from the driver's side.

Overall I'm thrilled with the car and glad we chose it over the Q5.
    Congratulations on your new ride! We've had our T6 for about 6 weeks as well, and also love it.

The lock-out of the navigation system is a huge disappointment. This is especially puzzling and stupid given the fact that it is not just the driver's controls that are locked out, but also the IR remote control for the passenger!!! What is the purpose of providing this control then???

Another annoying "feature" or rather lack thereof is that you cannot program the car to unlock doors when you park. You can program it to lock when you start driving, which is great, but not automatically unlock. Weird!

Finally, the auto-tilt function on the mirrors tilts it WAY WAY too much. I had to turn off auto-tilt because of that. Thankfully you can enable on-demand tilt when you're backing up just by pushing the left or right mirror button.
  • dan207dan207 Member Posts: 12
    leasing xc60 fwd base model, black, black cloth, 2016 miles,$502monthly payment. would like to transfer lease. car is too small for us. had xc90 before, but lease expired, wanted to try something else, but car is much smaller..live in nyc
  • kev10kev10 Member Posts: 6
    Just got my 2011 Volvo XC60

Base Price: 32,400
    Premium Package: 2,500
    Convenience Package 1,200
    AWD 2,000
    Destination Charge 850

Dealer Quote 33,719 (including $1000 Volvo Owner Royalty incentive)
    OTD 36,121

Plus Volvo 5-year/60,000 mile safe+secure plan (free maintenance and wear & tear replacements). I am very happy with the deal. :)
  • radoncgsradoncgs Member Posts: 60
    that is a great deal, which dealer this is? thanks.
  • thor14thor14 Member Posts: 17
    Just curious. How much under invoice was that? Sounds like great deal for you. Nice job.
  • kev10kev10 Member Posts: 6
    I haven't seen invoice price from anywhere. All I have the the window stick price. Volvo repackaged 2011 XC60 options. Moonroof is now part of premier package. So my best guess the invoice price is around $36,500
  • I wasn't aware the 2011 XC-60s were in production yet. My factory order is for the 2011 model and I am being told the first production is scheduled in week 46, 2010. I am in no hurry as the newer model is to incorporate the new navigation system.

Who is your dealer??

I purchased the 2011 XC60-Turbo with Climate/Technology package, Convenience package, Multimedia package, BLIS w/power folding, PCC, Classic wood inlay, classic wood and leather steering wheel, classic wood gear shift, Active Bi-Xeon headlights, 5 yr safe and sound, rubber trunk liner, mud flaps front and rear, locking wheel nuts, tow bar, side scuff plates, convex load carriers. MSRP over $53,000 --- Dealer Price $47,800 ---- my price OTD $43,417... delivery date in December...
    Holy cow! 10 grand off MSRP on a 'first issue' new model year vehicle! May I commission you to make our next Volvo deal? Is yours an OSD deal?(Didn't sound like it, except for the price). Well done!
  • fantomfantom Member Posts: 211
    2011 XC-60's can be found in limited supply stock. It's possible the factory isn't accepting custom orders until week 46.

Reported deal is possible if your brother owns the dealership, likes you a lot, and owes you about six grand LOL.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,123
    Pretty sure his OTD price is a typo... Doesn't match the rest of the numbers, unless he had a trade-in.

-kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• My $43, 417 OTD price is through the Military Sales Program, no trade-ins are allowed, strictly new purchase only. You can take delivery of the car at your overseas duty station and have it shipped to the US later, or have it initially shipped to your US duty station.

This is my first Volvo purchase though Military Sales, I have purchased 5 BMWs through military sales and all were great deals. As I have gotten a bit older and closer to military retirement I am thinking more of safety these days. Through Military Sales you can buy any US or European made vehicle at super prices.

This program is well known to the military member which is on active duty and deployed outside CONUS, its been around for decades.
  • gvolvogvolvo Member Posts: 8
    2010 XC60 R-Design Ice White
    - Climate
    - Booster Seats

MSRP - 43,XXX
    Sale - 39,000

Do you think this is a decent price considering it is 2010?

Thanks.