Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo XC60 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• carguy2400carguy2400 Member Posts: 3
    Your goal should be 3% of base MSRP before incentives. Everything else is just hurting the buisness and alot of dealers may turn you away at more then that. It doesnt make buisness sense, you are paying for them to wash the car, show you how to work everything, take you on drives and do all your DMV stuff (everyone hates the DMV. ) They have to make money somewhere and if its a family owned buisness you are supporting the economy if you want to look at it differently. The car buisness is the only place where everyone wants everyone to work for free or pay money for you to buy a car. Could you imagine walking up to a lawyer and asking him to pay his company to represent you?

I want everyone to get a fair deal, but dont rape a dealer who then is going to find some else to make all that money back on. Your best goal is to make it fair on both sides. Expect a rise in prices paid on XC60s, the demand is really high - supply is really running short and there is a slow pipeline for XC60s per store with sensus coming.
  • carguy2400carguy2400 Member Posts: 3
    The manufacturers invoice all depends on the vehicle being purchased pricewise. And yes what you were looking at is it. Its old school but thats the one
  • shulmands131shulmands131 Member Posts: 10
    Just ordered a 2011.5 XC60

Black/Sandstone Beige
    Premium Pkg
    Multimedia Pkg

Paid 35,969 after $1000 loyalty cash incentive. Could've gone with a dealer in Baton Rouge for $400 cheaper, but then I wouldn't be able to use the loaner vehicles from my dealership in New Orleans when I take mine in for service, and its easier to deal locally.

Expecting Mar. 10! Can't wait!
  • rkurlanderrkurlander Member Posts: 58
    Shulmands 131 - Congratulations. Interesting that you got a precise date of March 10. I ordered mine on December 11 and was given a wide window of February 25 - March 11.
  • jjrnjjjrnj Member Posts: 13
    Just pulled the trigger on the following

3.2 AWD w moonroof
    Premium Package
    Climate Package
    Booster Seats
    Sensus
    Black w beige leather

MSRP 39,250
    Invoice 37,176
    Sell price 35, 676
    Loyalty 1,000
    Final Price 34,676
    Doc 199

Got it in Central NJ.
    wow! kinda jealous of your pricing! here on the Gulf Coast dealer competition is minimal and getting a good deal is difficult. There are only 3 other dealerships within a 2.5 hour drive. However, if I wanted to get free loaner volvos when I come in for service, I had to have bought from the local New Orleans dealer.

They got me by the "you know whats" there!

I would have liked to have gotten the Climate Pkg, but since it gets below 35 degrees here maybe 20 nights a year, it wasnt really cost effective. I really wanted to have the premium audio system within the multimedia pkg.

I have the premium surround in my 2006 S40 and it is just damn hard to beat in this price range!
  • My ship landed in CA today, should have my XC60 2011.5 by late next week in Phoenix. Ordered through military sales first Volvo...normally BMWs. Looking forward to getting behind the wheel.
    How long ago did you order it? I have my fingers crossed my delivery will be closer to 6 or 7 weeks instead of 10
  • swalker1swalker1 Member Posts: 6
    Any opinions would be appreciated. I spent 45 minutes fooling with the Sensus system and I was having trouble figuring it out. The salesmen didn't know how to use it. Maybe if I got the hang of it, I would like it.

I want to order a car and I'm stuck on which one.
    I looked at the X3's and you get so much more for your money with the XC60.
    I found the Sensus system to be WAY easier to figure out than the iDrive system. There are actually some really good videos posted online about how to use the sensus system, plus there are built-in tutorials within the sensus software that explain how to use different features.

do a google search for "Success with Sensus" from need2knowcommunity.com
    Each video is about 11-12 minutes and tells you how to use each feature.
  • Agreed...the X3 is fun to drive but the XC60 is a better deal overall. Now the X5 is a different story, but way more expensive..this comes from a 10 year BMW owner of 5 BMWs.
  • shellbells2103shellbells2103 Member Posts: 1
    We have a deposit down on the last 2010 XC 60 on the lot:
    T6 AWD with moonroof with climate control package and booster seats in the back.

MSRP: over $40K
    Our Price: ~$34K

Is this a good price? Also, what is everyone's thoughts on the longevity of the Volvo brand with their somewhat recent acquisition by Geely?
  • brophy04brophy04 Member Posts: 2
    I am going to buy a 2011 XC60 and want to pick it up in Sweden. The Salesman told me that on OSD you start with the msrp and then take the discount from that, as opposed to agreeing on a price then subtracting the OSD discount from that price. I thought that was strange since I bought a 2005 bmw X3 and did OSD. In that case I negotiated the price to $800.00 over invoice then subtracted the discount from that. Has any one done OSD, if so how did you negotiate the price?
    The quote I got for a 2011 XC60 T6 with the following:
    climate, xenon, convenience pkg., wood trim, metalic paint, and multimedia
    was $42,767.
    Does this sound about right?
    I know I might be able to get it cheaper by not doing a fixed OSD price, but the trip to Sweden is very appealing to me. thanks for any info. tom
  • Check out this web site which has the prenegotie OSD prices from the OSD web link...

http://www.volvocars.com/us/sales-services/sales/volvo_overseas_delivery/orderin- g_your_new_volvo/Documents/Volvo-OSD-MY11-XC60-Pricing.pdf

Also, their phone is 800-631-1667...
  • brophy04brophy04 Member Posts: 2
    So it looks like the price for OSD is fixed. Thanks for the info. Has anyone negotiated the OSD price? tom
  • Unfortunately, the prices are not negotiable. However, with the trip to Sweden its a great deal. You can of course thake this price list into your local dealer, it may give you a little bit more leverage.

Be aware, the option prices listed are retail, no discount. Normally Volvo will announce some sort of option discount pricing or packaging. The big savings is off the model price.
  • I purchased my XC-60 June 2010, but waited for week 46 production with new sensus system, completed buld early Dec and then shipped out; about a month for the ship to arrive in CA.
  • iamsonyiamsony Member Posts: 12
    edited January 2011
    We were thinking of doing OSD since if you own a Volvo, they give you two extra days (Total of 3 nights free). But the problem is that dealers won't negotiate from the OSD set list. So when I did my negociations and compared the same price to OSD. It was much cheaper to buy it from my local dealer which I did. The difference was about $2000 which is a good size difference and that doesn't even include the $500 Costco card. And with that difference, I can use that money to buy tickets to any place in the world instead of being limited to Sweden. They do have a program where if you pay XXX extra you can include Rome in your trip before going to Sweden

Honestly I wish they would allow negotiation with the OSD prices. If the price was a difference of $1000, I might have taken the OSD deal.
  • 4mercoachrick4mercoachrick Member Posts: 133
    So, you/Costco negotiated over $4500 off (the $2000 diff you mention plus the ~7% off for OSD--closer to $5500 off of a loaded XC)? If Costco can work those numbers plus a $500 gift card, OSD looks a lot less attractive. Of course, we bought the 11th XC60 sold in central Texas and 'might' have gotten $500 off :sick: . That's the price you pay for keeping DW happy :) . We're considering trading our '08 C70 but will likely wait until summer '12. Hope Costco can work some magic for us!
    I checked and according to

http://www.volvocars.com/us/sales-services/sales/volvo_overseas_delivery/orderin- g_your_new_volvo/Documents/Volvo-OSD-MY11-XC60-Pricing.pdf

I got the following

XC60 T6 AWD: 36, 480
    Premium: $2,500
    Conveience: $1000
    PCC: $550
    Plus Dealer Tags: $99
    Plus Dealer Handling: $200
    Volvo Incentive: -$1000
    Taxes (5% MD taxes): $2389.74
    Total Cost with OTD: $42218

I bought the car "Out the door" for $40,500 plus I get $500 card. I put the breakdown for OTD in my one of my prior post So it wasn't exactly $2000, more like 1718 difference. But still a big difference.
  • I just picked up my 2011.5 XC yesterday, holy cow so much a difference to the 2010 and 2011 models. The Sensus is incredible, new hood design which is a lot nicer. Really pleased.

Good that you could use the OSD pricing to negotiate your final cost. You will have no regrets!!
    Well done! Enjoy your new ride. It 'pained' me to pay sticker(but we got such a good deal on the XC70 we traded that I convinced myself that it was OK to be one of the very first to own the XC60). Of course, the fact that we have over 30K miles already doesn't bode well for a high trade-in value any time soon. We could be 34K miles by the two-year anniversary of our purchase. By contrast, our '08 C70 only has 25K miles after 39 months--something about the 100+ degree weather in Texas makes it easy to leave the 'vert in the garage!

If I may ask, are you financing? Any killer deals out there? Looks like PenFed(who carries the note on our XC) has 2.99% going. Volvo couldn't come close when we purchased in Mar '09.
    OK, we've blown through a few vehicles in the past half-dozen years...'04 V70, C70, '06 RX 330, "07 XC70 and currently have the '08 C70 and '10 XC60 AWD T6. I've wondered if something happened to the XC, would we consider the significant price difference and take a look at a completely loaded Outback 3.6? It doesn't have all the bells and whistles(I could to without 'lane change', BLIS, adaptive cruise and others--now that we've seen what they can/can't do); but, to save 25% of the vehicle price, are folks even considering this comparison? It's not quite apples and oranges, more like Granny Smith vs Golden Delicious, I reckon. Hmmmm....
    edited January 2011
    That's great to hear. I'm getting excited to get my XC60 2011.5 model. Didn't realize that the hood was redesigned. Also, the sensus can play DVD which is interesting. I got a delivery date of 3/6/11 but they did say they are getting delivery sooner.

I bought my Volvo from Herb Gordon in Silver Spring, MD. They were great to work with when I made the deal. Though I'm having a hard time getting in contact with the finance department. I wish they would return calls faster. We are financing the car. We are hoping to get that 2.9% deal from last month. Hopefully I will know soon.

The other dealer that I tried before was Darcars Volvo Rockville, Maryland. But had a bad experience with them. It's bad when I know more then the salesman. They didn't even know about the Sensus on the 2011.5 model (week 46) and even told me that it's an additional cost to have that installed. He also told me that if I did the OSD, I had to pay all cash since the car can't be financed until it has a VIN number. Really? Herb Gordon would have financed it on the spot.
  • dulnevdulnev Member Posts: 652
    I've considered the Outback Limited 3.6 before buying XC60. The two vehicles are simply not in the same league, in my opinion. The materials inside the outback are noticeably cheaper and lower quality. I also was not impressed with the engine at all.
  • saabskisaabski Member Posts: 61
    Hello all. I am currently trying to purchase a 2010 XC60 2wd at local dealer in Texas. Here's the detail on the new 2010 XC60 with 5,000 miles on the clock (it's a leftover demo from 2010):

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2ASR 2WD
    Oyster grey with off-black leather interior
    Premium and convenience package.

MSRP $37,095

SALE PRICE $34,850

MINUS $1000 LOYALY

$33,850 + TT&L

I think I could definitely do better on this price...any thoughts would be appreicated.
    That's pretty much what I figured. It would be tough going 'backwards' from the 281hp turbo! Our XC60 has the rear seats folded down about 90% of the time, making room for bicycles and our Scottie. Doubt the heated rear seats will ever be used! Even the 'panoramic' moon roof is more for the back seat folks(our Scottie doesn't seem to care).

I can see the appeal of the Outback, especially at $12K+ less; but, you're certainly right that the materials and 'finish' reflect the lower cost. It's nice to drive a vehicle that is nearly fifty grand; but, there's also something to be said for having $12-15K left in the bank after picking up the Outback. ;)

No free lunch and all that, I suppose ;) .
    Don't know where you are in our great state/country; but, those Costco numbers posted would suggest you could come darned near a brand new 2011 for that money. I know I'll be talking to them next time! I've gotten some pretty good deals for end-of-model-year Volvos and one Lexus...nothing like the Costco deal on a new model Volvo. Only one Volvo dealer in Austin(two locations)...competition may not be much of an influence here in cenTex. ;)
    You should definitely be able to get a lower cost then 33,850. Couple of things is that is the lower model, it's a 2010 car and it has already 5,000 miles. You should at least try to get it under 33K and closer to 32K.
  • ggs2ggs2 Member Posts: 18
    i was wondering if anyone who owns the xc60 has attempted to put bicycles in the cargo area standing up? i really don't like the bike carriers on the back of vehicles so i need something that has enough room in back of the suv/cuv. i really like the xc60. thanks
  • dulnevdulnev Member Posts: 652
    There is no way you can put a bike standing up into XC60 or any other crossover vehicle. You need a full size SUV or minivan for that.
  • dannycklodannycklo Member Posts: 1
    Hi just wondering when did you order your XC, because i can't get ETA date for my order i ordered on1-10-2011 thanks
    I ordered mine on 12/30/10 and I still haven't even gotten the VIN number yet from my dealership. They said I should get the VIN this week tho and then it should be another 4 weeks before the car gets here....SOO much anticipation!
    I ordered it on 12/20/2010 and got a delivery date from them on January 10th. The delivery date is for the first week of March. Also, they didn't run my credit which was interesting. I guess we do the credit when the car arrives? This is my first custom order. I'm used to everything being done at the same time. I guess they need the VIN number.
  • I purchased my XC60 June 2010 but held out for the new Sensus system, and it was well worth the wait. The 2011.5 model is so different from the 2011 model.

My production date was around week 47 and it shipped December 3td. It arrived at the dealer in phoenix 5 weeks later.

Once the shop is assigned you can follow its track on the internet, some interesting ports of call on its way to CA.
  • rich4jrich4j Member Posts: 15
    I wanted to get some feedback on if this is a good deal as I sense I need to keep working on this.

T6 XC60 AWD Climate; Multi media pakcage and technology...metallic blakc.

MSRP; 45,625

Sale price: 43,240

REsidual .54
    Money factor .00127

This is in PA.....
    are you a current volvo owner? If so, you can get an extra $1000 from Volvo.
    The invoice price is $42,940 - and I wouldn't pay anything over $100 of invoice.
  • rich4jrich4j Member Posts: 15
    Yes I do own a volvo

MSRP they said was 45,625

discounted it 2385 based on volvo onwership and ????

Sales Price 43,240
  • superbike81superbike81 Member Posts: 2
    In the military, stationed in Japan, went through Volvo military sales. Just completed my order today, should be delivered late-June.

2011.5 XC60 T6 R-Design
    Ice White
    Off-Black Sport Leather (GM0U, supposedly normally not available in the US)
    Multimedia Package
    Convenience Package
    Climate Package w/ Booster Seats
    PCC
    Extended Warranty
    Rear Cargo Mat

Got it for just over $39,000 which from what I can tell is a pretty good deal. Can't wait to get it!
  • juxtajuxta Member Posts: 44
    Geez, no doubt a good deal.

What type of extended warranty? Not sure about Volvo dealerships but warrantydirect quoted $2400 for its high-end inclusive plan 7yr/60k mi. Is this in line with what Volvo offers?
  • superbike81superbike81 Member Posts: 2
    Nothing like that. Just the extra year and longer maintenance coverage from Volvo. Can't remember the name, Safe & Secure or something like that, extra $500
  • I too purchased through Military Sales....have for years, great product. I received my 2011.5 2-weeks ago, loving every min of driving....
  • Volvo's "safe and sound" is $500 for 5-years/ 60, 000 miles......I'm not sure how many miles you drive per year, per Volvo's product sure sounds like a better deal all around...price for 60K miles.......
  • rkurlanderrkurlander Member Posts: 58
    Ordered on 12/11. Just got VIN and estimated delivery date of 2/18. Very cool being able to track it on the ship through Wilmelm Wallemius web site. Ship is scheduled to off-load our XC60 tomorrow in Baltimore. I'm guessing it won't take more than two weeks to make the trip to Charlotte.
  • Tooooo coooool rkurlander........enjoy your new XC60 when it arrives :)
  • bootsybeanbootsybean Member Posts: 2
    Hi there....how does this offer stack up - wondering if other potential buyers are seeing similar deals?

Volvo XC60 3.2L FWD
    Premium package
    Convenience package
    PCC
    Nav Prep
    18" MERAC alloy wheels
    Safe & Secure

MSRP = $38,250
    Dealer Invoice = $36,520 ($400 above what's reported on Edmunds, which is accounted for by the advertising fee listed on the invoice)
    Dealer offer to sell = $35,520 note that Edmunds TMV is $37,120 for this exact vehicle in the Los Angeles area
    Out the door price, including tax, title & doc fee is $39,573.

I haven't made any counter offer yet, but at $1,000 below dealer invoice and $1,600 below TMV this initial offer looks pretty good...comments anyone?

Thx...Tim
  • avery1avery1 Member Posts: 373
    Please tell me what dealer you got this price from. Looks pretty good to me.
  • avery1avery1 Member Posts: 373
    Anyone been able to negotiate any on the price of overseas delivery?
  • bootsybeanbootsybean Member Posts: 2
    Rusnak Volvo in Pasadena, CA
  • I would think the price guide may give you some leverage in negotiating for a local purchase.