Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo XC60 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 4mercoachrick4mercoachrick Member Posts: 133
    juxta, Thanks for those links! Still can't get a firm handle on the switch-over date. We're considering trading our '08 C70 for the 2011 but would expect a better 'deal' if the 2012s were just around the bend. We were just remarking on a drive last night about how much we enjoy the C70; but that Safe and Sound and 1.9% financing have us considering the new model. What to do...what to do??? :confuse:
  • jc12171jc12171 Member Posts: 13
    Hi,

I've been looking for buying a XC60 for a few months (my lease car will reach milage in 2 1/2 months). Went to two local dealers--one has only one on the lot (10 coming but a few were ordered/sold), the other only has 5 xc60. I want a flamenco red or blue, but none is available.

Here is the best offer I got:
    2011 xc60 3.2 AWD with Sensus, Base price $32400
    Gray metalic paint
    Premium package
    Climate package with Xenon headlight
    PCC
    PreNAV
    ------------------Total MRSP: $40,770.
    ------------------Sale price: $37,550 + tile, tax, etc. if buy before 4/30/11.

They agree to buy out my lease ($14200) as trade-in, these suppose save me $960 sale tax.

Is this a good deal? or I should keep looking? I am concerned there are a shortage for 2011 xc60, given the factory is be modified for produce 2012 model. They can't even take 2012 orders, and it is probably too late for me any way.

Any thoughts?

JC
  • relativejunkrelativejunk Member Posts: 8
    does your price already take into account $1000 loyalty?
    No. Never owned a Volvo. My lease is a 2008 Altima.
  • relativejunkrelativejunk Member Posts: 8
    the amex zag price for the options you mentioned is $38,895. so sounds like a great deal to me.
  • mojobagginsmojobaggins Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2011
    Been researching new vehicles since the start of the year and today finally pulled the trigger on a 2011 XC60 3.2 AWD in Black Stone - Dealer Link of Vehicle

included Premium, Climate and Convenience Packages with Xenon HIDs and BLIS.

Got it for $39.5 with them adding mud flaps and running boards(expensive and require 3.3 hours to install). I don't go back til tomorrow to sign the papers and pick it up on Monday.

I was originally looking for a 3.2 R-Design but then decided for a T6 in Barents Blue or Electric Silver with PCC and Rear Parking Assist instead of the Convenience Package. Unfortunately, nothing with those options are available anywhere. All T6s with Xenon HIDs have the multimedia package at a minimum.

So, my only option outside of buying this vehicle that almost has everything I want is to order a 2012 and wait til July at the earliest and possibly not delivered til Aug/Sept.

Decided to pull the trigger today due to issues with my current vehicle which I don't want to put any more money into and wondering if I should be happy with my purchase or make a custom order and wait months.

What would you do? Sorry for the lengthy post.
    Hi, guys:

Thanks for the replys I got for my previous post on 4/26.

I enventually changed to a T6 AWD from 3.2 L since I find sandstone interior in 3.2 is a little too ligth. T6 has poor fuel economy but for my next job the company will pay our gas. I picked the car up yesterday.

Following is the details:

XC60 T6 AWD, silver exterior and darkgray interior, Primium, Climate, PCC, Metalic paint, backseat installed carseat, preNAV, 5yr /60000mile free service.
    MRSP: 41,470
    Sale price: 37,713
    Doc Fee: 250
    title: 33.5
    tax: 1599.6 (6.75% on 23,687 after they buy of my lease for 14,236)
    Out of door price: 39,596

I paid 10,000 down payment and got their financing for the rest balance at 2.95% 60 mon at 531/mon.

Have been driving it for 110miles, feeling great--the T6 engine is smooth! Got 22.8 avarage MPG with 75% freeway 25% local driving.

JC
    JC,
    Call me spoiled, but I wouldn't want to give up my T6. ;) This engine will scoot! We've had ours for two years and one month, 36K miles. Avg mileage is 20.5, best I can figure. Hwy mileage is about 22...balanced by some spirited acceleration between stoplights on our 65mph highways around Austin. :D
    We just got the 1.9% deal on a 2011 C70, trading in our '08 C70. Paying off the 3.99% loan on the XC60 and rolling it into the C70 Volvo loan. Easy peasy.

That interior might get a bit warm, depending on your location. Our Electric Silver/Sandstone combo isn't too bad; but, the moonroof and windshield will let in A LOT of radiant warmth! Glad to have the 'privacy' windows in the back...too bad our new C70 doesn't have them.

Enjoy the ride! Congrats!
  • pscnpcpscnpc Member Posts: 1
    Hey. Can you tell me which dealer you used. trouble finding one to match that deal. thanx!
    The dealer is MAG Volvo of Dublin (in Columbus, OH). you can google for their contact info.

I just finished the tank come with the car...399 miles and fill the tank with 16.0 gallon of gas, so the gas milage is 399/16=24.6 MPG, while the computer on the car showing 22.9 MPG so far. This is with 85% highway driving around 70 miles per hour.

I think their 22 MPG highway milage is too concervative ( I think it is likely you will get 25-26 MPG if you drive all highway at 60 mph).
  • avery1avery1 Member Posts: 373
    Took European delivery of a fully loaded XC60, AWD, 3.2 on 4/29 and have been to 9 countries and put on 4500 miles. I am just about to return to Sweden to have it shipped home. I have been extremely happy with the car. Not one significant issue so far. I am coming from a Lexus RX300. I have been through the Alps and on the autobahn going 120, which seems to be the highest speed I can attain. I have a computer generated average mpg of 23.8. I have never felt I needed more power. Still costs $160 or more to fill up over here. I do wish they would sell the diesel in the US. We were picked up at the airport by a guy in a diesel XC90. It was quiet and didn't smell of diesel and gets great mileage and diesel is a lot cheaper over here.

Our car is usually one of the biggest cars on the road so there have been some dicey confrontations on one lane roads but so far so good. I have used the retractable mirrors a lot. The adaptive cruise control takes some getting used to but I'm glad I have it. Once or twice a day it will pick up a truck in the lane to my right and slow me down so I will need to see if the sensor can be realigned. Haven't had a chance to check out the AWD yet so I can't comment on that. The backup camera and parking sensors have been a huge help but I still need to get a better sense of them. I still have the wife get out and look in really tight spots.

I can really recommend the program so far. The delivery of the car and Volvo's team at the factory have been great.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217
    Great story! That sounds like a real adventure...

Glad you like the vehicle.. It's on my wife's short list for the next one...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Wow, what a trip. We will make the 3000 mile trip 'back east' to the NC mountains in July/August(over 18-20 days). 4500 in Europe would be a blast! Just a couple of things I would 'move' from the RX to the XC would be the auto liftgate operation(up/DOWN with key fob), tilting outside mirrors in reverse and the tilt/retracting steering on ingress/egress.

We JUST traded our '08 C70 on the new '11, otherwise, we were considering the OSD program. MAYBE we'll make it in a couple of years when we 'update' the XC60.

Try not to miss your XC while you're waiting...hope everyone/thing travels well!
    edited June 2011
    Usually, I'm all for taking the smaller/cheaper engine choice... But, there isn't anything included with the T6 that we wouldn't want... and, by the time you add the options/packages to the 3.2 AWD model to get the same equipment.... the difference is minimal.

Not that I like getting lower fuel mileage, but the power bump is gravy...

T6 with metallic paint, climate package and convenience package has everything my wife's X3 has, except xenons..... (plus rear heated seats and power tailgate that her's doesn't).. Stickers for right at $42K.. Looks like about a $2300 spread between MSRP and invoice at that level....

Not bad... it's on the list!

Actually, they just announced 1.9% financing for 48 months... Also like the 5 year safe and sound warranty/maintenance package, but no telling how long that will keep going.. We aren't in the market until September/October..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nking43nking43 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for a Volvo XC60 3.2 (not T6) with the Technology Package. Is this package widely available? I have not found it in the New England area.
    From my short experience shopping, they are out there.... I saw one. But, the Tech package is usually only on cars that are pretty loaded already.. Premium, convenience, climate.. maybe even multimedia package..

So, finding a more base model with the Tech package is going to be hard, I think...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jerseyman3jerseyman3 Member Posts: 4
    The European delivery sounds like a good way to go. Could you give me the details on your XC60 and options as well as price paid?
  • metronymetrony Member Posts: 5
    We're pretty novice at car purchasing (were city dwellers for many years). Don't know if the following offer is considered great, good, average, just ok, or terrible. From taking a quick look on the forums, I'm getting the feeling it's just ok.

Any advise would be very much appreciated!!!

2012 XC60 T6 AWD
    Climate with Rear Boosters
    BLIS
    Metallic
    5yr/60K Safe & Secure

$40,103 MSRP
    $2,422 taxes
    $448 fees
    $42,973 Out the door price
    Isn't the MSRP actually a shade north of $42000? So your pretax price is ~$2K off sticker. IMO, that's not too bad for a 2012, but certainly not the 'fantastic' deals you read about on this board and others :) . We just scored a pretty good deal on our new C70; but when we bought the eleventh XC60 sold in central Texas two years ago, we paid within 500 bucks of full sticker :blush: . Safe and Secure is worth a bit, hard to pin down an actual value. Mayhaps you could hit them up for the super financing deals that have been around for a couple of months.
    edited June 2011
    I am also, wondering if I got a good/ bad offer.

Went to a dealer in PA, near Norristown, got a quote on a 2011 XC60, options included metallic paint, climate and convience package, Blis and Nav prep. Forgot to add this quote was on an XC60 T6 with AWD.

MSRP ON CAR IS $42,820
    Dealer offered me the car at $41,100, this is $300 above his invoice.

Looking for your thoughts out there!
    Did you check out nada.com?
  • avery1avery1 Member Posts: 373
    We got a 3.2 AWD w/metallic red paint. We had negotiated with one dealer for just the extras we wanted since that is one of the advantages of getting overseas delivery. You can break apart most of the packages and get individual items. So I had left out folding mirrors, tinted glass, grocery holder, park assist, and a couple of others. I was just about to place the order and another dealer I had contacted earlier said he couldn't beat the price, which was just about the Costco price (not including the special deal they had around December where you got another $500 off) but he would give me the same price with all these excluded items, that is the complete packages. So I have the Premium, Climate and Tech, Convenience, Multimedia (w/o DVD), BLIS, PCC for $43,330. I think the NRA site said I could get that car for $42,572, but I never pursued that. The invoice was $42,072. I think I probably could have saved some with a little harder bargaining if I had been willing to take a car on the lot but would have had to take a T6 and I don't think it would have equalled the value of the trip. Then they fly two people over and back and give you a night in a hotel. We got the winter package on top of that so we got 3 nights in Stockholm before getting the car and 3 in Gothenburg.

I have to say after driving around Europe for over a month putting on 4500 miles I am very glad I got the items I had debated about. The park assist, the tinted windows, the heated seats have all been used and appreciated.
  • luvxc60luvxc60 Member Posts: 6
    Just found out this:

The safge and secure coverage plan will be reduced from 60k miles to 50k mile on model year 2012. Meaning order staring after july 1 will receive 50k miles coverage and the first 6 factory schedule services.
    I think you can get to a few hundred below invoice for 2011 model. Read my posted experience end of April.
    I looked around a little bit (on the internet), after shopping the local dealer..

Found a dealer not too far away that was offering $42K MSRP models for about $2300 off... That seems to be about bottom dollar, as far as I can tell... I think I'd be happy with $2K off, if I were buying at this time..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• pawlybaulspawlybauls Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2011
    I just signed off on a military factory order of a 2012 XC60 T6:

Premier Plus, Climate, and Dynamic packages, Metallic Paint, and BLIS, and Safe & Secure Plan for $39,890 before taxes. That's down from a $45,325 MSRP with Destination charge.

The dealer added an additional discount of $500 to offset the Safe & Secure Plan, included in that price. The Safe and Secure Plan is a regional promotion that costs $500 in the States. It is not free if you use the Overseas Delivery program.

I forfeited the Volvo Loyalty Rebate because that cannot be applied to the program either.
  • andy145andy145 Member Posts: 4
    We haven't purchased a new car in a while. I used Costco to get the following quote, can you take a quick look at the following offer. Any advice/suggestion would be much appreciated!!!

2011 XC60 T6 AWD
    Climate
    Convenience
    BLIS
    PCC
    Xenon
    Non-Metallic (Black)
    5yr/60K Safe & Secure

Negotiated Price: $39,980
    I would say this is a fair price. If you see my post right before yours, you will see essentially the same price for identical options. The only difference is the Dyanmic package includes: Xenon, 4-C Chassis, and Speed sensitive steering
    So... just found out that I'm eligible for A-Plan.

Anyone used that to buy an XC60?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mscar54mscar54 Member Posts: 17
    I have been quoted a price of $38,950 on a 2011 XC60 T6 with Sensus, Climate Package, Convenience Package, Blind Spot Information System & Personal Car Communicator. However, this is a former dealership loaner car and has approximately 5500 miles on it. I inquired about the addition of a back up camera (I have on on my current vehicle and have come to rely on it). The dealer can add this feature for $1071.

I'm a bit leery of taking a loaner car, but the price sounded pretty good. Your thoughts?

Many thanks!
  • zamozamo Member Posts: 122
    $1071 for a back up camera sounds steep. Taking a loaner should be OK as all the warranty and registration as a new car are part of the deal. You might want to take a look at the tires and ensure that there is plenty of tread left. Other than that, safe + secure can take care of wore brake pads.
  • jeff47jeff47 Member Posts: 5
    2012 xc60 T6 r design "platimum" package with BLIS and booster and climate package. basically this is everything but the tech package. (the 2012 packages have been re-named) costco pricing is 500 over invoice. this works out to be $48,500. Placed an order and due to arrive in October. the 2012 r design also has a bit more horsepower at 325
    Couple of thoughts...Our last 'loaner' purchase had an 'in service' date 10 months prior to our purchase. As such, it did not qualify for 'new' classification and the warranty date 'start' was the original in-service date. Not a big deal for us as we smoke the mileage limit long before the warranty period runs out. Make sure the details are clear and the documentation shows the proper 'in-service' date.

Will the backup camera integrate with the current system? If so, it 'might' be worth over a grand...I agree with mscar54 that it seems high...aren't aftermarket sets just a couple hundred bucks?

You're now $41K for an 'end of model year' vehicle...that might suggest that you are only 'getting' a couple thousand bucks for wear and tear compared to a 'clearance' 2011 price. If you love the color and packages, could be worth it. If not, I'd shop around for exactly what you want. Would an extra $1K off make you pull the trigger? Doesn't hurt to ask.

Good luck...great vehicle!!!
  • macpromacpro Member Posts: 52
    I'm thinking of purchasing a 2012 XC60 T6 R-Design "platimum" package with BLIS, technology and climate packages. I'm also considering doing the OSD (Over Seas Delivery). I believe the total cost to be $50, 710. This also include $550 for Metallic Paint.

The dealer will have a 2012 T6 R-Design available for test drive sometime between Aug 2-6.
  • terriw1terriw1 Member Posts: 1
    As I am unable to go visit a dealership prior to placing my overseas order (military, currently deployed), I'd like to solicit some help on the color choice. I'm getting a 2012 XC60 T6, fully loaded. Right now I have chosen seashell metallic and the two tone beige/dark brown interior, and the nordic wood inlay. I'm torn between seashell metallic, cosmic white and just plain black metallic---any suggestions/recommendations out there before I go 'final' on my choice? Thank you!
    Well, where to start? First, thank you for your service and come back safely!

We bought the Electric Silver sight-unseen(11th XC60 sold in central Texas, we were told). Very happy with the color; but, it IS another silver CUV in a sea of silver/gray. Also happy with the sandstone interior(our other Volvo is calcite white interior...more on that later). The 'advantage' to the seashell would be 'uniqueness'...haven't seen that one yet. To me, it looks too muddled, tonewise; but, that could just be the computer rendering. I passed a black metallic in the parking lot just yesterday...when the sun hits it, it is gorgeous. Upon closer inspection, the dirt REALLY shows!(Plenty of dust here in central TEXAS, home of record-setting droughts) I think the silver and seashell would 'disguise' the dirt a bit, unlike the darker colors. The white does well here in 'limestone' Texas, but would show the red clay of Georgia more(past residence).

We've always liked white(our first S40, Lexus RX, first C70, and our newest '11 C70). We traded our '08 C70 in Celestial Blue--beautiful color...a touch more feminine, IMO...for the non-metallic white. Darling Wife actually frowned when she saw it...brings me back to my story...IF I could swap the colors(put the Electric Silver on the 'vert and white on the XC, I think she'd really like that. The white is 'sportier', IMO, and the XC looks good in the white/black trim contrast. As it is, the C70 in white looks much sportier, but not anywhere near as 'pretty' as the blue.(DW was only slightly impressed that the white color 'saved' $500 vs any metallic) Is 'cosmic white' a metallic? If so, there's no $ savings there vs the other standard metallics. 'Ice white' is the only white I'm familiar with on the current line.

I'm also not sure how the dark brown leather will hold up next to the sandstone. I looked at a C70 'loaner' with cacao leather and after one year in the Texas sun, it was showing some wear, colorwise. The two-tone is certainly sporty; but it may get 'lumped in' with the MINI, FIAT 500, etc crowd as a bit too 'young'. ;)

So, I would choose white/sandstone first, even though it's about as basic as can be, it's downright elegant in a sporty sort of way. Since you like the seashell, that would be #2 and black a distant thrid(unless you 'promise' to keep it spotless!!!) :shades:

Adios.
    Rick
  • drjay1drjay1 Member Posts: 30
    Just wanted everyone's opinion: I am working on a deal for a
    2012 XC 60 3.2 FWD
    Premier plus
    Convienence package
    Climate Package
    MSRP: $39,800
    Without any loyalty money for $1000 total drive off and $615 a month for 60 months with a rate of 2.99%. I calculated the purchase price to be around $34,000. I'm not sure if my calculations are correct. Please let me know what you guys think. Should I push for a better deal? Thanks!!!
    Is that a lease?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

It's a purchase. With tax(6%), tag and title included
    Frankly... that doesn't seem possible...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I know it seems too good to be true but I do have it in writing from the sales associate. So it is a really good deal, right?
    No doubt..

I'm betting on it being a lease or a balloon note... (hope I'm wrong)

Good luck!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

well it turns out the sales women claims they made a MISTAKE and it became 72 months and she had the nerve to ask if we still had a deal. NO!!
    Now I have another deal on a:
    2011 FWD 3.2 with Premium Plus
    multimedia package with sensus
    PCC
    purchase for 72 months $1000 drive off and $609 a month. I am planning on getting the Resistall protection included and possibly a cargo mat for the cargo area. Is this a good deal, I can't tell anymore. Lastly it is white exterior with the sandstone interior which has me very nervous because it is so light. Any thoughts please????
    I might need to look for another salesperson, if not a different DEALER! You shouldn't have to 'calculate' a sales price, as you mentioned earlier. If you are buying, you simply want to know the TOTAL price incl tax, tag, title. YOU decide what to put down and YOU decide how much to finance. I believe 2.99% is available from many sources...don't get wrapped up in financing through your dealer(I went with Volvo for 1.9% in April on our C70; but PenFed CU had 2.49 at that time--still current up to 60months).

As for the color of the interior, we've had two sandstone and two calcite white interiors...even with a Scottie in the back seat, no problems. Just need to clean/condition regularly. I think the white exterior looks good on the XC60.

Remember, your second 'deal' is on a year-old vehicle...how much should that be worth to you?
    edited August 2011
    AND it sounds like the F&I person saw you coming ;) . Unless they are absolutely 'throwing in' the ResistAll to help seal the deal, the only folks I know who think it's a good deal are the dealers and their F&I folks. :blush:

The half-dozen items listed on that 'add-on' piece of paper in the F&I office are at best more 'insurance' against 'something', at worst a complete rip.
    YMMV and all that!

Take a peek at another thread:
    http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f1c48b9
    Don't worry my second "deal" is at another dealership. And thanks I feel better about the sandstone now. I am going to work on them more tomorrow!
  • jackandgillyjackandgilly Member Posts: 1
    I'm trying to figure out if I'm getting a good deal or not on a 2012 xc60. AWD 3.2L Premier with Climate and BLIS. I got a quote of $38,098.
    $38K for those options are close to the factory invoice price, without the metallic paint option. I would say that's a fair deal.
    So we bought a 2011 xc60 with navigation premium and convenience package, 5 years 60,000 safe and secure.
    MSRP: $41,600
    Invoice: $39,600
    Selling price: $38,655
    2.49% interest.
    Very happy with the deal, since the supply is very limited in South Florida.
  • ctdriver3ctdriver3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, We live in CT, and the best quote we have received for a 2012 XC60 with:
    3.2L AWD
    Premium pack.
    Climate package
    Nav prep
    BLIS
    silver metallic paint

is $39,300 (not including tax, title, etc.)

Is that a decent price? Thanks for the help.