Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo XC60 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

14567810»

Comments

• greenhkgreenhk Member Posts: 48
    Just trying to find out what others think of this quote:

2013 XC60 3.2 (base model) with AWD, climate package & roof rack/rails in flamenco red

$36,225 (TTL not included)

I'd love to add the premier pkg to this but just don't think I can get the payments where I want them to be.

Thoughts?
  • greenhkgreenhk Member Posts: 48
    Revised quote from another dealer - lowest quote I've gotten:

2013 XC60 3.2 (base model) plus AWD, climate package, roof rack - flemenco red with tan cloth interior:

$34895 (TTL not included)

Opinions? Anyone?
  • msockolmsockol Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Hi, folks....my Volvo S60 has 170K and still runs great...and it is time to transfer it over to my sons. I've been in the market for a couple of months, with an eye on an XC60. After visiting a number of dealers in New Jersey, I just put down a deposit on a 2012 XC60 Premier demo with AWD, Blis, and climate package (heated leather seats front and back and moon roof) for $32.7K. It only has 4500K miles and was driven by the office manager. Other demos that I saw in the area were more expensive, had less equipment, were loaners, or had more miles. I would have loved to have scored the full safety package, but the vehicle is wired for navigation if I want it...and I'll probably add the rear camera at a late time. Any thoughts from the peanut gallery?
  • fantomfantom Member Posts: 211
    The peanut gallery says don't buy it ;)

Sounds like you got a good deal on a demo car.
  • 4mercoachrick4mercoachrick Member Posts: 133
    Be sure of the 'in service' date, as that will impact your warranty down the road ;) . Also, be certain of the Safe&Secure coverage...could be worth a couple grand over time. Also, is this a T6 or 3.2 ? That will make a difference in equipment and value.
  • jnbinsfjnbinsf Member Posts: 2
    Hi All,

I received the following offer on a 2012 XC60 Demo model with 83 miles.

FWD 3.2
    Platinum Package
    BLIS
    Climate with child boosters

MSRP $45,000
    Selling $39,000

Sounds like a good deal. Would be interested in what others think?
    Check the in-service date and try to figure out why it's still on the lot with such low mileage :confuse:

Be sure of the 'Safe and Secure' coverage as things have changed since the first of the year.

Sounds like a decent deal; but I'll bet there are folks who got that price last fall on a brand-spankin' new one. Doesn't diminish the value of your vehicle, just makes it a little less 'exciting'.
  • jnbinsfjnbinsf Member Posts: 2
    Thanks!

In service date is 11/30/12 and warranty is 3 years, 36k miles, which I was told is the new standard.
    Not exactly...on a model year '12, the factory warranty is 4 yrs/50k miles.
    The complimentary maintenance program is :
    The maintenance program on model year 2012 vehicles, covers the first four services at no charge: 7,500, 15,000, 22,500, and 30,000 miles.*

*3 years or up to 36,000 miles.
    per the Volvo site on '12s delivered AFTER Jan 1st....BUT could possibly be different because the in-service date falls within the period that Volvo had enhanced the 'Safe and Secure' program. Just a thought(could be worth some bucks down the road ;) ) You might need to go up the food chain above the dealer to get a straight answer on that one.
  • soonerbigdogsoonerbigdog Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2013
    I know this post is old, but here's some advice from an ex- Dealer. NEVER buy based on the amount of your monthly payment or how much "down Payment" the dealer is asking for. ALWAYS negotiate price of the vehicle without a trade-in and do research first so you'll know appx dealer invoice cost (Not the actual dealer cost, but a starting place, at least). You should be able to buy any new vehicle for no more than $1000 over invoice exclusive of any rebates or cash back and IN MOST CASES, you can do better than that.

Get the best price, then shop for the best finance rates at your bank, credit union, etc. IF the dealer can match that rate, let him finance, but NEVER buy any of the 'extras' offered by the dealer's finance dept. The only thing they offer that has any real value is an extended warranty and most people don't keep cars long enough to need it. If you decide you want it later, you can purchase this anytime before the original warranty expires.

If you have a trade-in, wait until you have that absolute 'best' purchase price to tell them. That way, you'll know exactly how much they are really giving for your trade. Failure to do this can result in confusing and misleading figures, and you may be better off selling the trade-in yourself.

And...Unless you're a very savvy car buyer- If the salesman pulls out a form with 4 squares on containing boxes for price, monthly payment, down payment and trade-in (or anything similar), walk away and find another dealer that will just talk price.
  • marsh0511marsh0511 Member Posts: 5
    Volvo's running a deal for Costco members - $750 off 'employee pricing' until 7/31/13 (for 2013 models). Salesman at the dealer said this is $750 off invoice. Is this a good deal....and is it truly $750 off INVOICE?? Even so, can I do better with just hardballing down to a lower price (not something I'm good at, but...)? Also doesn't seem easy to find out what invoice prices are nowadays, compared to the early 2000's. Looking at a specific vehicle on a dealer lot.
  • zazou1zazou1 Member Posts: 4
    I just used the Costco program yesterday and received invoice minus the $750 and minus the current $1000 factory to dealer incentive. I also received another $1000 off dur to being a current Volvo owner (loyalty program) So total was invoice less $2750. Volvo is also making the first 3 payments up to $1350 and then Costco gives you a $500 gift card, so the total savings off invoice was $4600.
  • sierra3sierra3 Member Posts: 2
    Can you tell me what model the $1000 factory to dealer incentive was for?
    I just bought an xc60 last weekend but was not told about this incentive.
    Thanks.
  • darkspeeddarkspeed Member Posts: 1
    Hi buddy,

It is a Factory to Dealer incentive, which means no one advertises it to the consumer. It is designed to be an incentive for the dealers to be more aggressive and willing to sell [XC60] for less. They count on you not knowing its existence.

If the deal is already done, chances are, they will not want to redo the paperwork, nor want to acknowledge that it does exist.

My biggest suggestion to you is, ask for it, but if they refuse, let them know that when you receive the Customer Satisfaction survey from Volvo, you will be forced to reflect that with a bad score (anything other then a 5 or Outstanding to Volvo is a failure; even a 4). The survey is either sent by email or by mail.

They may also put in a fake email address when they RDR the vehicle so that they receive it instead of you.

Keep in mind that all incentives are regional, your dealer may not have had it in the first place.
  • jcg4jcg4 Member Posts: 4
    Would you provide a breakdown of you purchase price? I am currently looking for a 2013 xc60.
    Would you provide a breakdown of your purchase price? I am currently looking for a 2013 xc60.
  • nolechicnolechic Member Posts: 1
    I have the following offers from a Florida dealership. Are either one good deals? I think they are? Which is a better deal?

Option1:
    2012 Volvo XC60 3.2 FWD
    CPO w/ safe and secure
    Miles: 6000
    Premier
    Climate Package
    car price: $30.5K
    with taxes and fees: $33,250

Options2:
    2012 Volvo XC60 3.2 FWD
    CPO
    Miles: 29501
    Premier Plus
    Climate Package
    car price: $31K
    with taxes and fees: $33,750

Florida seems to have some of the highest on average doc fees. I've tried to get them to come off the 600 doc fee, but they won't see to budge at this point.

I've done tons of research, but interested in live feedback.

Thanks!
    Xc-60t6 with platinum and climate package caspian blue adds $650.
    Invoice $45,293 but they started at $45,007 less the $1000 factory to dealer incentive and $1000 Volvo loyalty and the $750 Costco brought the price to $42,257. If you finance through Volvo they make the first three payments up to $1350 and you get a $500 Costco gift card when you do the Costco survey. So total cost is $40,437 plus tax and tags.
    This is a 2013 with 25 miles on it.
    Thanks for the info. It's a helpful start.
  • oldjim3oldjim3 Member Posts: 13
    Does anyone know the exact specifics of the incentives? I purchased a new 2013 XC60 on the last day of June using the Costco offer. I financed through Volvo Car Finance and received the Volvo employee price less the $1000 sales incentive, less the $1000 Volvo loyalty incentive, less the $750 Costco incentive which was good until 7/31/13, plus I received the Costco $500 Gift Card.

The day after I purchased the car I learned about the 3-months free payment incentive and when I asked for it I was told it did not start until 7/1/13 and that I was not eligible. The inference was that the 3-months free payment incentive had replaced the Volvo $1000 2013 Sales incentive but this post suggests otherwise.

I am in the Western Region. Does anyone KNOW the facts?
    I purchased in PA last weekend of July. I brought up the factory to dealer cash to the salesperson, she checked with the sales manager and said yes it applies- which makes sense because Edmunds TMV was $1000 under invoice. The 3 month payment from Volvo was plastered throughout the showroom.
  • frank8040frank8040 Member Posts: 11
    HI
    I got this offer from the internet sales manager at Borton Volvo in Minneapolis. I requested he give the best price before any incentives applied. He took off the $1000 factory cash anyway. Since I own a Saab the will trough in $2000 in loyalty. Anybody think I can take them lower? Will end of month help?

2013 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design Black Sapphire Metallic with Off Black Leather with Soft Beige Inlays STOCK # 04782
    Equipment: Platinum Trim Level, Climate Package, Metallic Paint, Remote Start
    MSRP: $51,794

Your Price: $47,956 this includes $1000 factory to dealer cash
  • frank8040frank8040 Member Posts: 11
    Just bought new 2013 R Design For the following from Kline Volvo St Paul:

Black Sapphire w/Climate Package and Remote Start.

MRSP $51794
    Negotiated Sale Price $47500
    Factory Discount -$1000
    Loyalty Rebate -$2000
    OTD Price $44500 + TTL