Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo XC60 Lease Questions

Comments

• s60leasers60leaser Member Posts: 61
    But USBank offers different lease deals for different models, correct?(which would make sense; different values, perceived or actual, equal different "deals".)
    And is it USBank for the 2.9% finance for purchase as well ?
    Seems like restricting the number of lenders will increase rates for leases and purchases. Doesn't seem like an efficient market, does it?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi Cassie. According to the latest information that I have seen, Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 XC90 T6 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi kmcvickers. According to the latest information that I have seen, Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 XC60 3.2 FWD R Design with 15,000 miles per year are .00124 and 49%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Aspen19128, Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2011 XC60 3.2 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00134 and 54%, respectively.

Other than the available $1,000 owner loyalty cash, I don't believe that Volvo is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this truck right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for gman1967.

According to the latest information that I have seen, Volvo Finance's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 XC60 3.2 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00134 and 53%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00161 and 43%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi s60leaser. The money factor that you were quoted looks about right. As far as this truck's selling price goes, I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for it right now. If I was in the market for one, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over dealer invoice, but you may be able to get more detailed feedback on how much you should pay over in the Volvo XC60 Prices Paid and Buying Experience discussion.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi s60leaser. Ever since Volvo closed the doors on Volvo Finance, it has been running its official leases through US Bank. While one theoretically could lease a Volvo through any bank that was willing to work with them, they will miss out on any available lease support if they go through anyone other than US Bank.

Car_man
    Host
    edited March 2011
    Thanks CarMan,
    For some reason your reply didn't generate an email alert and I only now see your response.I hopefully have now corrected/re done that on my Edmunds profile.

You are absolutely right about $500-$1000 over invoice, before incentives. Despite the fact that Edmunds "True Market Value" has it at $100 under invoice, I haven't encountered that.Ill pop over to the "prices paid" discussion forum for more on that...The incentives I have found may be regional, but again, more on that at "Prices paid".

I have gathered some more Cap Cost numbers, but the MF of .00109 and RV of 54% are consistent on any 2011 AWD XC60T6 3 years/12K miles I have looked into.BTW, not a 3 year 15K-I changed that. Hope I really WILL be driving less, but in a nicer car! :shades:

Now I have to find someone with the vehicle I want in stock-Some say they have to order unless I "buy up" adding a metallic paint or BLIS.

Thanks again for all the input;Ill let you know what number I settle upon.
    It is great to have a "reality checker" ,Thank you.
    Car Man and KYFDX,
    SO are the following consistent across Volvo dealers now as all are using the same bank:
    1.Disposition fee (hopefully zero)
    2.Deposit
    3.GAP coverage included
    4.Closed end lease
    Or am I just wishing that were true? ;)
    You're very welcome s60leaser.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey s60leaser. US Bank, that's who Volvo is running its special leases through right now, has a $695 acquisition fee that it charges on all leases. Dealers may try to mark this charge up some, but the base fee should be the same everywhere. I'm not sure about the disposition fee.

I don't believe that US Bank charges an acquisition fee on any leases.

Just about all leases nowadays are closed-end and Volvo's are no exception.

I'm not 100% positive, but I believe that gap insurance is included on Volvo leases at no additional cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • cpaddencpadden Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me if they have the current residual values and money factors for a 2011 xc 60 lease. Are there any upcoming deals? Is this a good time to get one?
    I can help you out, cpadden. US Bank's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 XC60 3.2 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00124 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This lease program is scheduled to run through June 30th, but Volvo might make some unscheduled changes to it for June. It's difficult to say exactly what automakers will do with their future programs.

Car_man
    Host
  • mikesd1mikesd1 Member Posts: 3
    Just picked up my car today....

Here's what I got.

MSRP: $46,645 convenience, climate, BLIS, Personal Comm.
    Negotiated Price: $43,347 + $995 acquisition
    MF: .00124
    Residual: 52%
    12,000 miles / 36 months

This is in San Diego.

Hope it's good because the car is in my garage already!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    So.. don't make me do the math... ;)

What's the payment and upfront money?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mikesd1mikesd1 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2011
    Payment including tax is $708.
    Upfront was 1499.99 which is first, dmv, taxes, etc.
    My cap reduction was a whopping $140
  • flcar1flcar1 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have current money factor and residual value numbers for volvo leases? I'm looking at a volvo xc60 for 36 months/12,000 miles per year.
    Here you go flcar1. Volvo's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 XC60 3.2 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00110 and 47%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • jviscomijviscomi Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2011
    I'm being quoted $549.42/month+taxes for a 48 month, 10,000 mile/year lease. Is this a good deal? Invoice on the vehicle is $35,965, MSRP $37,845. Seems the XC60 is in short supply and there may not be much room to negotiate. Edit: this is in Georgia.
  • xc602012xc602012 Member Posts: 1
    hi- want to lease an xc60 2012 3.2 with nav 36 month 10K miles- does anyone know currect money factor and residual (i think its 53%)

thanks
  • DIMNJDIMNJ Member Posts: 84
    why would you want a 48-mo lease?? You will have to probably replace the tires and possibly do other maintenance not covered by their plan.
    Hi xc602012. According to the latest information that I have seen, US Bank's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 XC60 3.2 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00199 and 58%, respectively. This may have changed though because I haven't seen a copy of Volvo's program in a while.

Car_man
    Host
  • dmeinbachdmeinbach Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm looking at a Volvo XC60 3.2 AWD for a 3 yr / 36k mile lease. Are the MF and residual for a 2011 model still 0.0011 and 47%? If so, does it make more sense to get a 2012 model when the residual is at 58% or is there enough discounting done to make an '11 model cheaper?
    Thanks in advance for any input!
  • californiamarkcaliforniamark Member Posts: 2
    But it's a 5-year plan. I don't see why 48 months would be a problem at all.
    Hi dmeinbach. Volvo's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 XC60 3.2 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00178 and 45%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are .00178 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • asteinbergasteinberg Member Posts: 138
    For October: What is MF, esidual, for 2012 XC60AWD and regular? What is acquisition fee?
    Thanks,
    Hey asteinberg. Volvo's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2012 XC60 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00178 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a FWD model are .00178 and 52%.

Volvo runs its special lease through US Bank. US Bank charges a $695 acquisition fee on leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • skspghskspgh Member Posts: 28
    Hello, I'm new here so excuse the questions if its been answered (please point me to it). What is the residual for 10K miles on t6 2012 (I'm told around 54% also) But when considering the lease vs. buy on the xc60 t6 2012 the residuals seems awful (in favor of the bank). Dealers tell me Banks got burned in the past and now very conservative with price of 3 yr old cars. Do folks agree it makes buying more attractive vs. lease when you consider other leases offer better residuals. That makes me feel the xc60 has bad after-market value 3 yrs out - true? And while I love the 2012 xc60 t6, I see so FEW on the road that it makes me nervous to buy it. Q5 and X3 and GLK I see plenty and I'm scratching my head because the xc60 rocks.
    Welcome skspgh. US Bank's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XC60 T6 with 10,000 miles per year are .00178 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

It is true to some degree that banks got fairly burned by overestimating vehicles' residual values prior to the credit crisis. They were uber conservative coming out of it, but have loosened up somewhat lately. It doesn't hurt that the values of used vehicles is very strong right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • tbbuctbbuc Member Posts: 19
    Does anyone know what the November lease variable are or what December lease variables will be? Or if there are any other incentives, like 1st mo. lease paid by Volvo. I am not sure if Volvo is running any end of year incentives, like Audi, etc. are.

I am looking at 2012 3.2 FWD Prem. Plus, +BLIS, +Climate, for 36 mos. lease with 12k miles, or a 2012 T6 with same options and same terms. Thanks so very much!
    Hi tbbuc. US Bank's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XC60 Prem. Plus FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00122 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an XC60 T6 Prem. Plus FWD are .00122 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
  • tanctanc Member Posts: 1
    Stoped by one of the dealer in NYC
    For XC60 3.2 AWD Premier Plus w climate package & blind spot
    MSRP 43045
    Residual 52%
    MF: 0.00122
    10,000 miles/year for 36 mos

If I am thinking about making an offer what will be a godd starting point? 38,500 sound reasonable starting point?
  • autoboy19autoboy19 Member Posts: 152
    Carman,

Do you have the the following December money factors and residuals:

T-6 R-Design for 36 and 48 months 15k per year

T-6 Premier Plus for 36 and 48 months 15k per year

3.2 AWD Premier Plus for 36 and 48 months 15k per year

Thanks
    Hi autoboy19. According to the latest information that I have seen, US Bank's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XC60 T6 R-Design with 15,000 miles per year are .00122 and 48%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00148 and 38%.

The numbers for the XC60 T6 Premier Plus are .00122 / 50% and .00148 / 39%.

The numbers for the XC60 3.2 Premier Plus AWD are .00122 / 49% and .00148 / 38%.

Car_man
    Host
  • txcosmotxcosmo Member Posts: 2
    Car-man-

Can you advise of current money factors and residuals for an XC-60 with the Premier Plus package for 3 yrs and 12,000 miles/year.

Invoice for the car (with a few other options) was $42,740 and they agreed to $41,500 (the XC-60 is really tough to find here in Dallas for whatever reason). Without giving me the money factor or residual, they are saying a 3 yr/36k mile lease would be $731 after a $3000 down payment. That number just doesn't make any sense to me. It's basically the same as the 60 month loan at 2.9%.

Thanks in advance.
    edited January 2012
    Is the MSRP 42,740 or the invoice? I assume you mean the sticker price was $42,740 and they are giving you a $1,240 discount?

I would ask for A-plan pricing. It equates to invoice pricing and basically almost anyone can qualify for it. You can find the eligibility list on the Volvo of Dallas website.

Based on last months numbers of .00122 money factor and 48% residual, that $731 doesn't seem too far off. I get about $680 a month on my lease calculator taking into account the fact that Texas charges the full tax price of the car on the lease.

I don't know if the $3000 was all cap cost reduction or included other fees, but it is likely the dealership is marking up the money factor a bit to get to that $731 number.

This car is a better purchase candidate at 2.9% APR for 60 or 72 months.

Also, is this at Park Place or Volvo of Dallas?
    Carman,

Can you tell me if the above numbers have changed since last month?
  • txcosmotxcosmo Member Posts: 2
    Car Man-

Sorry that wasn't clear. Yes, the MSRP was 42,740 and they came down to 41,500. This was Park Place. I'll check the Volvo of Dallas website.

After asking twice for the residual and money factor, they finally came back with 48% and .00163. With 3000 down (basically the sales tax) they calculated the lease payment as $669. I was wondering if the money factor really went up that much from December to January.

We're still considering the purchase option... Just not sure we will want to keep it for that long as the main consideration.

Thanks again.
  • xchelpxchelp Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

I drove a 2012 XC60 with premier and climate packages awd 3.2, i was told the sticker was around 37.5k, with the inception fee 0f 4200 does a 36month 10k mile per yea lease at $531 month sound reasonable? It was their first offer but i had to leave the dealership in a hurry not sure how low it can go from there, the rsidua was .58. Thanks
    edited January 2012
    It's very unlikely the money factor went up that much, most likely they are marking up the money factor for extra profit.

It sounds like the money factor is the same as last month and they are marking it up by .00041, which I think might be the maximum allowed. Tell them you want the base rate money factor.

Also, make sure you are being given the base acquisition fee of $795.
    edited January 2012
    xchelp,

At first glance, that payment seems high.

What is included in the down payment?

Also, it is generally advised not to make such a high down payment when leasing.

Are you sure they said the residual was 58% for 36 months? That seems too high. Should be more like 48%.

Also, did that quote include tax?
    I got more detail, the msrp is 39,775, residual is .52 money factor .0012. The 4,200 down covers first payment, taxes, bank fee $995, paperwork $330 and the remainder goes toward the car. They came down to $510/month but still over the 36months that is $22,560. Thanks
    xchelp,

Does the monthly payment include tax, or all taxes paid up front? Not sure what state you are in.

Is the MSRP $39,775 and the price they are selling to you before down payment and fees is $37,500?

Base Acquistion is $795, so they are marking that up $200.

Money factor looks like the buy rate which is good.

If you can provide the selling price before any fees or down payment, and also tell me how much of the $4,200 is going to taxes, I can provide you with a better estimate of how good of a deal this is.
    I live in NJ, i thought all taxes were up front but i obviously don't know much. The 37.5k that i heard in the original discussion was not given again over the phone it was the msrp 39,775 that was used in their breakdown. Of the 4,200 down i think taxes were .07*(msrp39,775-resid20,680)=1,336,50. Again I am a novice so i could be wrong, but in general have you heard of other people dealings and whereabout their leases $ are?
    Thanks
    edited January 2012
    xchelp,

Based on my calculations, it seems the dealer is selling the car to you at about $38,400 which equates to (38,400-20683)*.07 or $1,240 in taxes.

As such, ~$1,100 is going as down payment.

It would be helpful if you could get the exact selling price of the vehicle in order to analyze your deal more closely.

Unless you really need the payment to be ~$30 lower, I would recommend keeping the down payment money and just paying up fronts.

Approximate invoice on this vehicle is $37,500.

Also, I would inquire about A-plan pricing which is invoice.

You can find a list of eligible companies in this link

https://pictures.dealer.com/volvodallasvtg/e6e4c5490a0d02b701b7bf86689c1e66.pdf

If you don't qualify, I would shoot for a selling price of $500 over invoice as well as request the base rate acquisition fee of $795 and you will have a good deal.
    I certainly can txcosmo. US Bank's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XC60 Premier Plus FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00112 and 47%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

That payment sounds like way too much to pay for an XC60.

Car_man
    Host
  • akrakr Member Posts: 33
    Hi Carman,

Please comment on this lease offer. XC 60 T6 loaded with MSRP 47,625, Cap cost 43,600. 10k miles, 3 years, at delivery cash due 1,900 includes DMV, First Month payment and $695 US Bank fee. Monthly rate $662.00. Residual 51% and MF .0012.

thanks
  • akrakr Member Posts: 33
    Also includes 7% tax in the payment of 662.
  • radoncgsradoncgs Member Posts: 60
    Hi, could you share which dealer you are getting the car from, it appears to be a good deal. thanks.
    Hi akr. Both he money factor and selling price you were quoted look great. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host