Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo XC60 Lease Questions

Comments

• mjg518mjg518 Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2012
    Car_man,

Can you also help me out with the money factor and residual for the XC-60 3.2 AWD and XC-60 T-6 for 36 and 48 months with 12k miles per year?

I am interested in the Premier Plus models.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi mjg518. US Bank's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XC60 3.2 AWD Premier Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00112 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00144 and 38%.

The numbers for the 2012 XC60 T6 Premier Plus are .00112 / 50% and .00144 / 39%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • neswimneswim Member Posts: 1
    Car Man:
    Is this a good lease for XC60 Premium with MSRP of 40,515...my acquisition cost is 38,000 I have a trade-in with net equity of 4,670....36 month lease...money factor is .00129.....10,000 miles....residual is 21,130 (that sound low???)...monthly payments including sales tax is 382.00 per month.
    First payment is 1,625.38 which besides the first month payment and deposit includes bank fee and documentation and some additional sales tax (MA) because of the trade in......thanks
    Hi neswim. I see that you have quite a bit of equity in your trade. There's nothing wrong with trading a vehicle in when you lease a new one, but I always advise consumers to have the dealer cut you a check for any equity that they have in their vehicle rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for their lease. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be higher, it's much safer to go with a zero down lease.

Other than that the selling price and money factor look good.

Car_man
    Host
  • v70r_07v70r_07 Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2012
    Car_man,

Do you have the below numbers for the month of March?

XC-60 Premier Plus AWD 36 and 48 months 15k miles per year
    XC-60 T-6 Premier Plus 36 and 48 months 15k miles per year

Thanks
  • dantanndantann Member Posts: 23
    Can someone shed some light on what an XC60 3.2 AWD with the Premium package is leasing for in NYC?

I see the special is only for the FWD but I'm trying to see if there are any deals to be had.
    I certainly do v70r_07. US Bank's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XC60 3.2 Premier Plus AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00028 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00128 and 38%.

The numbers for the XC60 T6 Premier Plus are .00028 / 47% and .00128 / 38%.

Car_man
    Host
  • marcobjmarcobj Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

What's your thoughts on this lease cost for 2012 XC60?
    Rate .00045
    Residual .38
    12K year, 3 years
    Acq Fee 695
    Adj residual 14920
    Cash 4500
    Monthly payment 521.96

Too much down payment in my mind. Is there negotiation room with an effort to keep monthly lower and less cash down?

Thanks.
  • ganunkganunk Member Posts: 1
    Fantastic service you have here, Car_Man.

About to pull the trigger on a XC60 T6 with Premier Plus with 12K miles per year.

Listing money factor at 0.00045, though you list it this month at 0.00028, and a $995 bank fee

That said, cap cost is 40,300 (no trade in or other cap reduction) -- other sites suggest that figure is less than invoice!

How is that possible? :confuse:
  • expertbiexpertbi Member Posts: 23
    Hi Car_man,

I am a novice at leasing. I don't understand these factors. In terms of dollars to be paid once I negotiate the price what are the cost items to consider - like acc fee, title, taxes, license/reg, doc fee, MV fee (is this same as licesnse/reg fee?). Are there any "gotchas" to look for in the lease agreement?

Thanks
    Hi ganunk. Sorry for the delay in my response...I went away on vacation this month and I am almost caught up.

US Bank charges a $695 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. It appears as though the dealer that you are working with is marking this base fee up by $300...in addition to marking up your money factor a little. See if you can get the dealer to use the buy rate money factor and base acquisition fee on your deal.

Having said that, a selling price of under dealer invoice is excellent, especially if it isn't taking into account the conquest or loyalty cash...so overall this may still be a good deal even with the mark-ups.

Car_man
    Host

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings expertbi. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. It's really as simple as that.

Car_man
    Host
  • dps06dps06 Member Posts: 89
    Carman,

Could you also provide the lease figures for 36 and 48 months and 15k miles per year on the XC-60 3.2 AWD and T-6?

Thanks
  • zheckszhecks Member Posts: 50
    Car_man,

Could you also provide the lease figures for 36 and 48 months and 15k miles per year on the XC-60 3.2 FWD ?

Please let me know the money factor and residual.

thanks
    Here's the information that you're looking for dps06.

US Bank's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XC60 3.2 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00035 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00128 and 38%.

The numbers for the 2012 XC60 T6 Base model are .00035 / 48% and .00128 / 38%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi zhecks. US Bank's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XC60 3.2 FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00035 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00128 and 37%.

Car_man
    Host
  • rhubesrhubes Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,

I am interested in leasing a 2012 XC60 T6 AWD with Platinum package in the DC area. I saw your message that:

US Bank's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XC60 3.2 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00035 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Are the numbers the same for a 12K mi/year lease and for the Platinum package (or does that matter)?

Any info is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
    Hi rhubes. The money factors for an XC60 with the Platinum package would be the same, but the residual values would be 2% lower...until they are adjusted for 12,000 miles per year. I believe that the 12k residual value would be 1% higher than the 15k residual.

Car_man
    Host
  • radoncgsradoncgs Member Posts: 60
    Thanks Car_man for the message. Am I correct that a money factor of .00035 equals an APR of 0.84%? That sounds too much a good deal? or is my calculation wrong? Thanks.
    Your calculation was right on the money radoncgs. Volvo is offering very low interest rates on leases right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • radoncgsradoncgs Member Posts: 60
    I assume it is a good time to lease a XC60 then. Thanks Car_man for your help, as always.
  • 4mercoachrick4mercoachrick Member Posts: 133
    Well, we've been planning to OSD a '14 late next summer, but I'm tempted by the 'deal' offered by Volvo for leasing a '12. Our '10 has 55K miles and we haven't driven a vehicle out of warranty in the last 5 or 6. I wonder about dropping by the dealer, selling our '10 and working a lease on a '12 with MSRP of ~$51K. The stock of well-equipped '12s is fairly low and we don't want to give up the T6 or goodies we've enjoyed on the '10. The online inventory for our local dealer doesn't give packages or details, just the MSRP and 'model'. I'm thinking the $51K might indicate an R-design. Just might have to drop by but would love to know some ballpark numbers. Thanks.
    Well, things just got really complicated. DW had a little dust-up with the rear end of a Subaru in 'rush hour' traffic and we are awaiting the results of the evaluation. This was in our '11 C70. SLIGHT chance it will be totaled :cry: , in which case we will need to replace the 'fun' car before considering the XC60 swap. SLIGHT chance there was no significant damage to the mechanicals of the C70, meaning five grand or so and we're on our way. Then, we could get back to the business of possibly selling our '10 XC60 and leasing a '12. :confuse:

Stay tuned!
  • wawzj619wawzj619 Member Posts: 57
    Hi Car_man,

Would you tell me the money factor and residual value for XC60 FWD Premier package with 15K miles per year and 36 mons term? The dealer quoted me for 0.00126 and 50%, is that correct? :confuse:

Thanks! :)
  • lsr2k12lsr2k12 Member Posts: 16
    Carman,

Could you provide the money factor and residual for the following vehicles for 36 months and 15k miles per year?

2012 and 2013 XC-60 3.2 Premier Plus
    2012 and 2013 XC-60 T-6 Premier Plus
    2012 and 2013 XC-60 T-6 R-design Premier Plus

Thanks in advance.
    Hi wawzj619. US Bank's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XC60 3.2 Premier FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00092 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello lsr2k12. US Bank's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XC60 3.2 Premier Plus AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00092 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 XC60 T6 Premier Plus AWD are .00092 and 51%. The R-Design factor is the same, but that trim level knocks 3% off of the residual value.

I'll have to ask around to find out what the 2013 version of this vehicle's lease program is currently like. Please check back with me in a day or two and I'll let you know what I was able to find out.

Car_man
    Host
  • wawzj619wawzj619 Member Posts: 57
    Thanks Car_man, I ended up purchasing the XC60 last week. Thanks for your help. ;)
  • lbr2013lbr2013 Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone know the money factor and residual for a Volvo XC60 at 10K Miles 36 months?
    We see a lot for 15K miles, but not 10K. And do the BLIS feature and climate packge affect the residual value?
    Thank you for the help.
    Am I the only one who didn't know the Summer Sales Event has been extended through the end of August? I figured they might do that and I tracked down a 3.2 Platinum that might work for the next three years.

For our regular readers, our C70 is put back together except for the bumper cover on back order. Hopefully, it will be back home this week and we can concentrate on the possible new XC60. ;)
  • zzaarrzzaarr Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man,

Wow, what a wonderful resource...

I am trying to decide between a Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Package (2012 or 2013) and an Audi Q5 2.0 Premium Plus with the MMI NAV (2012, I guess 2013 isn't out yet). The decision is complicated but mostly financial at this point. Both would be a 36month lease 12k/yr. What kind of money factor and residual values for these can I expect?

Thanks for your help.
  • zzaarrzzaarr Member Posts: 2
    Actually to alter the above a bit....

I meant Audi Q5 3.2 Premium Plus with the MMI NAV.

Thanks
    edited August 2012
    Car_man,

Were you able to find out the lease info for the 2013 models?

Thanks.
    No problem wawzj619. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    I do lbr2013. US Bank's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XC60 3.2 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00092 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Option packages do not affect this vehicle's residual values, but its trim level, i.e. Premier Plus, Platinum, etc... would.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks zzaarr :shades: . Here's the information that you're looking for.

US Bank's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Package with 12,000 miles per year are .00092 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 model are .00178 and 53%.

Volvo is currently waiving the first four payments on leases of the 2012 model.

The numbers for 36, 12k lease of a 2012 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus are .00131 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I don't think that the 2013 Q5 is out yet.

Good luck in your quest for a new SUV. Make sure to let us know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey zzaarr. The numbers for a 36 mo. / 12k lease of a 2012 Q5 3.2 Premium Plus are .00094 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes I was lsr2k12. Thanks for the reminder.

US Bank's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 XC60 3.2 Premier Plus AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00178 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 XC60 T6 Premier Plus AWD are .00178 and 57%. The R-Design factor is the same, but that trim level knocks 2% off of the residual value.

Car_man
    Host
    Carman,

Could you update the above for the month of September if there have been any changes.

Thanks.
    Certainly lsr2k12.

US Bank's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 XC60 3.2 Premier Plus AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00060 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 XC60 T6 Premier Plus AWD are .00152 and 54%. The R-Design factor is the same, but that trim level knocks 2% off of the residual value.

Car_man
    Host
  • cliffpozcliffpoz Member Posts: 71
    What is the money factor and residual on a 2013 xc60 t6 with 10k miles per year for 36 months?
  • iontrapiontrap Member Posts: 139
    I'm going tomorrow or Friday to look at a 2012 FWD w/premium plus, BLIS, climate and electric silver metallic paint. MSRP with destination is $40,770. If I like it, should I start my offer at Edmunds TMV, $37,358 before subtracting incentives? There are $2,000 ($1,000 of this expires on 10/1/12) in incentives if you currently own a Volvo and the salesman mentioned another $1,000 on 2012 models. So, $34,358?
    I'm considering either a 36 or 48 month lease w/15,000 miles per year.
    Having just leased our first vehicle after 7 purchases, I have mixed feelings about your deal. IF you got it @ $34K and financed @ 1.5-1.9%, you might find that purchase deal to be better than trying to cover 15K miles a year(Of course, check the residual...you could always buy at the end of the lease BUT would have to deal with the 'disposition' fee). I believe there is $2K in 'dealer cash' that shouldn't be overlooked. Take a good look at the 'down payment' that would be out of pocket and compare the lease to an outright purchase. Even with all the incentives a few weeks ago, Volvo wanted over $5K down PLUS incentives rolled in AND a hefty monthly payment to cover 12K miles per on a three year lease(and that was factoring in the $1800 to be 'paid' by Volvo/US Bank).

Of course, only you know your tolerance for leasing vs buying and how a zero-down purchase would compare to a 'few' thousand down on a lease.

Good luck!
  • iontrapiontrap Member Posts: 139
    So there is an additional $2,000 in dealer cash? :surprise: Thanks for the heads up. Ok, just looked at the incentives on the 2012's, $2,000 is listed until 10/1 also. I'm guessing that the $1,000 mentioned by the salesman is probably coming from this dealer cash.
    edited September 2012
    IF you decide to lease, that 'extra' thousand bucks will disappear in a flash! Probably won't result in a ten dollar reduction in monthly payments. :(

Remind this dealer that it's the last week of the last month of the quarter...he REALLY wants to make this deal happen before the weekend, I gar-ron-tee ;) . I still think you should consider buying with a zero down, 1.49% loan(or better) IF you are getting the vehicle closer to $34-35K. IF those 'incentives' result in true attendant reductions in payments on the lease, I'll eat my hat.
    Hi cliffpoz. US Bank's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 XC60 T6 with 10,000 miles per year are .00152 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • trentonltrentonl Member Posts: 2
    Car Man! If available, please provide the October money factor and residuals for

1: 2013 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum
    2: 2013 XC60 T6 AWD Premium Plus

36 month, 10,000 miles/year, top credit tier. Thanks.
    Hi trentonl. US Bank's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum with 10,000 miles per year are .00112 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a T6 Premier Plus are .00112 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
  • sfgiantsfgiant Member Posts: 11
    Hi. I am looking at leasing a 2012 XC 60 (there's some leftover inventory here at dealers in Northern CA).

Basically either an R or T6 AWD with Platinum package.

Can anyone shed some light on discounts?

Also, what are the November money factor and residual rates?

Thanks.
  • sfgiantsfgiant Member Posts: 11
    Additional clarification:

Lease would be 36 months/12k miles per year.

Thanks!