Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi Q5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ccgas5646ccgas5646 Member Posts: 7
    Excellent point. But the invoice the dealer gave me was quite itemized ... all charges were shown individually (base, destination and all of the options on my vehicle were broken out separately.) I would think that a regional advertising charge would be itemized as well. Maybe not, though. I will certainly ask!
  • bbetterbbetter Member Posts: 5
    great deal. would you say which dealership you went? My dealer in NJ only gave me 650 over invoice.
    I am in the midwest so prices are more reasonable here than on either of the coasts ...
  • hdyl2011hdyl2011 Member Posts: 1
    ccgas5646, I live in Denver. Can you let me know which dealership you went? I was told by a dealer that 2012 Q5 will be available at the end of July or early August. Did you order yours or you got it from the dealer lot?
    I didn't have to order since my dealer found one with exactly the options I was looking for. She just had to swap another dealer for it. Apparently it has been built already (I have a VIN number) but is still in transit. It is scheduled to arrive by the end of the month.
  • uknirmaluknirmal Member Posts: 8
    Are the 2012 Q5s out in the market? I checked with a dealer and he said they are comming out soon. He called me and said that 2012 Q5 are released from Port to be delivered to his showroom. Has anyone got their 2012s?
    Do you know if yours Q5 has rear camera installed? The dealer I spoke with said that due to recent tsunami in Japan, the cameras are backlogged. Q5s are released with prewired and the camera will be installed by end of october when they are available. Is this the case with yours?
  • q5manq5man Member Posts: 1
    My 2012 Audi Q5 2.0T Premius Plus arrived to port of Newark on Friday, July 8th. My dealer "New Country" in Greenwich, CT said my car will arrive to dealer on July 20th. I have not heard anything with the rearview camera issues. I'd hope he would have mentioned that, but won't know for sure until I pick my car up. I was able to get $1500 off and am sure anyone can get the same deal. It's got NAV, smart key, 19 rims, exhaust tips and splash guards. I can"t wait to get it!
    Wow! yours is fully loaded. I am getting Plus with Navi. I am picking from the inventory he already has at the port. Ideally, I wanted to add smart key and exhaust tips, but I cant wait for three months. My lexus got totalled and need a car asap.

BTW, how do you track your vehicle? Any website where you can check?
  • djung01djung01 Member Posts: 3
    Hello everyone. I just got mine from Audi Manhattan (NYC), it's the 2.0 Premium Plus with MMI NAVI model for 43,250, just 1,000 off base MSRP.
    Does anyone know if this is supposed to have a rear view camera? or just the radar sensor?
    The dealer told me to come back once they have camera chips available. These are short in stock because of the tragedy in Japan. Never-the-less, I really didn't know what he was talking about, lol. I just wanted my Q5 and got it.
    I sold me 2004 Honda Accord EX-L V4 for 8,300 in a private sale.

Anyone bought a similar model? How was your price and experience with the sale and drive?
    Leasing? Financing? Just want to know how everyone got theirs. Thanks!
    I got mine today and the rear view camera is missing a chip for it to function fully. The chips are being made in Japan and are delayed due to recent tsunami. Audi will notify when they are available for free installation. I got similar config - 2012 Q5 2.0 Pre Plus w Nav, white color/beige int and paid 1200 less on msrp. I live in TX so the extra 200 you paid is for the region.

Anyway, love the car and drives awesome.
  • fieryfranfieryfran Member Posts: 1
    I just pre-ordered my 2012 Q5 Prestige package yesterday and the dealer mentioned the camera chip is missing in most of the new q5's. The chip should be arriving in October/November w/ free installation.
  • carbuyer48carbuyer48 Member Posts: 3
    I have a offer of $1000 off MSRP for 2012 Q5 Premium Plus No NAV. Is this is a good price?
  • djung01djung01 Member Posts: 3
    Considering I got 1000 off msrp and the other buyer got 1200 off seems to be fair. See if they can add all season floor maps or discount on Audi care.
    BTW, how much is 1000 off msrp for 2.0 PP w/o navi?
    I actually like the NAVI, it comes with a lot more than just navi.
  • bespokebespoke Member Posts: 5
    Has anyone purchased a 2012 Q5 Premium Plus with Audi Care in MA? If yes, how much did you pay for Audi Care?
  • 2012q5buyer2012q5buyer Member Posts: 1
    Hi - I'm looking to buy a q5 in nj too. can you say which dealership in nj you went to. Did you end up buying at 650 over invoice?
  • dinobinghamdinobingham Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased yesterday - Jul 23 - Fort Worth Audi, TX:

0) Q5 Prem+ with Nav, Advanced Key, Moonlight Blue, exhaust tips, standard rims
    1) Great dealership experience - ask for Collin, young fella starting out
    2) negotiated $900 off msrp (after some argy bargy of course)
    3) also provided me the $1,500 rebate for loyalty
    4) tax paid was on the difference between lease hand back value and negotiated price for car (around $1,190 total taxes at 6.25% in Dallas/FtW)
    5) added Audi Care and Manufacturer Platinum (7 years/70K miles)
    6) plopped $5K down - monthly pymts at around $640 - gave me 3% financing over 72 months - pymts would've been $593 if i waived the maintenance plan and audi care so those two aren't cheap, but i'm planning on holding this car for 7+ years
    7) had them foot the tint job for the panorama glass - not yet collected

btw, the advanced key is sweet - and so is the integrated traffic reporting with the nav routing..

Cheers
    I went to Audi Newton, my final price was about the invoice price. The people there are pretty nice. First time buyer from this dealership. will pick up the Q5 around mid Sept.
  • jjm4jjm4 Member Posts: 1
    I'm picking up my new Q5 this week. What are your thoughts on the merits or negatives of the Audi Care Protection Packages? Necessary or a waste of money? Any other "must haves" that you recommend ... I know often rust protection is usually less expensive 3rd party....

Thanks!
  • sleepybubbasleepybubba Member Posts: 61
    Can you provide a bit more details. Like what was the package you've got. Was it 2.0T or 3.6? I am looking into Q5 in MA and Newton is really close to me.
    Congrats on your new Audi. I got mine from them, but I didnt get mine panaroma tinted. I need to get it done. Do you know what price did they quote you? Also, what about the front windows?

Anyone, can tell me the cost tinting front windows and panaroma glass?

Thanks
  • jlim0930jlim0930 Member Posts: 19
    Its my first time buying German. I just finished looking at the Q5 and was really impressed.

Do you believe that the extra 4000 for the few additional options for the premium plus package is worth it ?

also is audi care pack a good deal

thanks
  • nickcoleman85nickcoleman85 Member Posts: 1
    I live in the mid-south (Arkansas) and I am trying to find the best prices for an Audi Q5. I have been to two dealerships , Tulsa and Memphis, and they are unwilling to budge off the sticker price one cent. Does anyone have any recommendations on where I should look next? I am looking for a Premium Plus with the Nav. and the B&O sound system. I am getting sticker price for nearly 45K with no haggling room Is this to be expected at most dealerships? Should I look at dealerships in St. Louis, Dallas, or Chicago. I have the feeling that in these larger metros, where there are multiple dealerships with more competition, that the market competition will incline dealers to sell for lower prices. I am looking to purchase within the next month, but don't want to drive all over the country just to find out that I would have been better off just paying the sticker price locally. I am working with around 40K and a trade in valued at between 5 and 6K. I love this ride and any tips would be greatly appreciated.
    I got 2.0T P+ MMI advanced key.
  • drrodrro Member Posts: 7
    HI,
    Any suggestions for audi Q5 dealers in dallas.?
    Thanks
  • amirkamirk Member Posts: 13
    Hey, do you mind letting me know which dealership you went to? Some dealers are offering only near the MSRP and you have a good deal if its only $350 over invoice!
    Hey, what city/dealer did you get your Q5?
    Hey Nicole, were you able to find a dealer? Let me know if you were able to find good price for this car - I am looking for exactly the same combination.
  • ruprup Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    Audi of North Houston, I got them to give me almost 800 of sticker. 3.2 liter with MMI and B&O sound system, got the floor mats and cargo linear as well. Roof rack was also included don't know if that is standard, although I don't need it!
  • billcobbspeaksbillcobbspeaks Member Posts: 1
    Is $1100 off of the MSRP of a 2012 Q5 pre+, w/ nav a good deal in the Philadelphia Region?
  • shadowchasershadowchaser Member Posts: 94
    edited September 2011
    I was offered a very reasonable price on a Q5 at 1300 over invoice. I figured my out the door price using the edmunds invoice. I came prepared with the Edmunds invoice but was told that it is not the correct invoice because it doesn't include port and advertising fees. I understand that the dealer pays these fees but is it really part of the invoice? I also got hit with the dealer 200 dollar processing fee on top of the 1300. Clearly that is just a markup. I told the dealer that he was entitled to any markup he wanted...but that it was unfair to say 1300 over invoice if it didn't include that... It should have been 1500 over invoice! He split the fee with me which I was ok with.

However, should I feel slightly misled regarding the port fees and advertising? If that really isn't in the invoice (I am told destination fee includes port fees.. true?). THe out the door price seems reasonable but I would have been much happier if I didn't feel a bit misled. They should have said invoice plus a number that included all fees (except taxes title and tags). Were they disingenuous with me or is this a normal practice? I am out the door at 45,248 after adding 800 audicare on a prem plus white with Navigation and no other options.

I don't take delivery until Nov. Should I be prepared for any surprises?
  • shadowchasershadowchaser Member Posts: 94
    should be able to get at least 3% off
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    That is the danger of doing Invoice + $XXX deals, without knowing an exact price.. The dealer says it's on his invoice..

However, those charges probably are on the dealer's invoice.. I don't have a lot of experience with Audi, but on BMWs, every dealer's invoice has a $200 training fee, and most have an advertising fee (named MACO) that varies between $250-$400, that aren't included in the invoice price that you find on most websites.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

The invoice my dealer showed me didn't exactly match up with what was reported on Edmunds.com either ... the explanation I got was that Port fees and Advertising fees are different by region. In any event, I just paid $42,975 for a 2012 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with Navigation, advanced key, chrome tips, wheel locks and all weather mats. Signed, sealed, delivered last month - love the car. I thought it was a pretty good deal ...
  • jmorsjmors Member Posts: 6
    Ccgas, was that 42,975 OTL? What part of the country are you in?
    $42,975 was my total, sign all the papers and drive away price. Am I'm a first time Audi customer so no loyalty discount either. I'm in the Midwest ...
  • chicaguy69chicaguy69 Member Posts: 1
    Where in the Midwest? What dealer/salesperson? I'm in Chicago but wouldn't mind dealing out of state if the numbers could work. Thanks.
  • adam0302adam0302 Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2011
    Hi All,

I ordered a factory 2012 Q5, black/black, Premium Plus. Got the dealer down $1500 ($1200 discount plus $300 off for doc fees). MSRP was 40,775, final price was $39,225. According to the significant Googling I've done, it seems that invoice on this car (including destination) is $38,387, so I'm at $838 above invoice.

How have others fared with a similar car? I added no additional features above the premium plus line, so I'm curious if others have ordered/purchased this model and trim. My dealer was New County in Greenwich, CT. FWIW, about a month after I ordered the car, I did some further shopping and Audi in Newton, NJ offered me invoice @ $38,387. My dealer at Greenwich was a dick and didn't offer me any further discounts, and I didn't want to push back my order 5 weeks and go with Newton, so I just dealt with it. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam
  • zdczdc Member Posts: 1
    Just got an offer(Florida) for premium plus Q5,silver/black,all-weather floor mats & trunk liner,exhaust tips and tow hitch(which I don't need at all). MSRP is 42430, got about 1700 down, OTD is 44526. Any suggestion?
  • novrainnovrain Member Posts: 10
    very impressive OTD price, if no trade-in involved.
  • besyuganbesyugan Member Posts: 1
    Was offered the following in NYC

2012 Q5 Prem + Navy, Push Button Start, Premium Sound, 19" Wheels = MSRP 45,950

Price offered 42,030 + tax & fees = OTD 45,700. Really like the car but did not pull the trigger. Anyone think I can get better than 4K off the MSRP? Is this a good deal?
  • adam0302adam0302 Member Posts: 7
    Car_Man:

Do you know what Audi Financing is offering for a 60 month finance of a 2012 Q5 premium Plus? Thanks.
  • audiq5njaudiq5nj Member Posts: 6
    Yesterday I was given the rate of 1.9% for 66 months for the Q5

Price quoted is $40,250 for Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with metallic paint and rear side airbag (include advertising and port fees). Dealer profit is about $1440 using my Consumer Reports on dealer costs with holdbacks

Anyone get a better deal?
  • twdubstwdubs Member Posts: 6
    Anyone have an idea of a good price for a 2012 Q5 3.2Q Prem Plus, nav, B&O and S-line p packages? I can't get a straight story out of any local dealers. I'm open to traveling in the tri state area for the best deal - Pa, Del, NJ if anyone has a dealer recommendation. I've received 49k with a 2-3% discount off sticker. I've always negotiated invoice plus $500-700. I'm also interested in leasing and from what I've seen money factors are adjustable/negotiable? Any and all advice is appreciated.
    Are you able to give a price on a 2012 Q5 3.2Q Prem plus with nav, B&O and S line packages. Looks like invoice plus $500 is about 45k? Looking at a 36 mo lease with 15k/yr. I have a 2008 A6 coming off lease too. Trying to get some equity of that car for cash down.
  • jsetoxjsetox Member Posts: 15
    I am in for $40,399 on 2012 2.0T premium plus with Metallic paint, tow hitch add on and all weather mats. The dealer that i dealt with is located in NJ. The price includes.
    Cool, thanks. I wasn't sure if you had access to a better pricing engine than something like Edmunds.com.
    call Newton Audi in Newton, NJ, they are offering $500 over invoice + $350 doc fee (so about $850 over invoice total)
    jsetox - what town is your dealer located in that gave you $40,399?
  • jsetoxjsetox Member Posts: 15
    Audi of Meadowlands in Secaucus, NJ.