Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi Q5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• audiq5njaudiq5nj Member Posts: 6
    thanks! Will call them tomorrow
  • mpk_denvermpk_denver Member Posts: 1
    After a lot of dealer visits, it looks like Q5 pricing doesn't budge much in Denver. I'm looking for Q5 2.0T, Premium Plus, Moonlight Blue with Cinnamon leather. NAV. Probably the B&O Sound and a tow hitch.

Denver dealers seem to stick very close to MSRP ("...maybe $500 off..."). Any suggestions in the Denver area? If not, any recommendations nationwide for a good deal? I'd rather shop local, but price is a factor.

Thanks.
  • casdmgcasdmg Member Posts: 11
    Did they provide a full list of rates for 60/72 months assuming excellent credit?
    Try truecar.com and enter your zip code for best local price. Best deal I found was $1500 off ...
    on truecar.com 1.9% for 36 mos, 2.9% for 60mos
  • cha2cha2 Member Posts: 13
    Does anyone have pricing & interest on a loaded 2.0 in the Chicago area.
    Specific info (ie, MSRP, discounts etc) are much appreciated.
  • techywrestlertechywrestler Member Posts: 1
    I am in the same area looking for the same vehicle. Going to test drive one today. I see you posted a few days ago. Did you get any info outside of this forum you can share with me? Thanks
    No, nothing yet.
    Let me know how you come out!
    Good luck!
  • yunxiaoyunxiao Member Posts: 2
    Hi, do you think this is a good deal? $41201 for a 2.0T Premium Plu with Nav Package. The OTD price is $45638 and I'm in WA. Thanks.
  • tornadogtornadog Member Posts: 102
    edited November 2011
    wow, very nice. heres my initial quote

AUDI Q5 2.0T QUATTRO
    PREMIUM PLUS
    NAVIGATION, ADVANCED KEY, 19" WHEELS, I-POD CABLE

$45300

Needless to say, I didnt bother responding, its too high to even consider negotiating.
  • yq5yq5 Member Posts: 1
    Hi besyugan,

Can you please let me know which Dealer in NYC gave you the price. I am in the market looking for Q5 2.0T, P+, Nav, Advanced Key. Did you book it ?
    Could you please provide me with the details of your purchase & dealer.
    I am located in the Chicago area.
    Much thanks.
  • wrig1wrig1 Member Posts: 1
    Did you end up getting this deal? It seems like a good deal. Which dealership were you working with? I also live in WA and am considering getting a Q5 soon. Thanks,
  • kgannonkgannon Member Posts: 4
    Looking for Q5 in Dallas, white, most options, would even consider gently used demo. Anyone know someone easy and honest to work with??
  • kgannonkgannon Member Posts: 4
    Looking in Dallas. Might give him a try.
  • yunxiaoyunxiao Member Posts: 2
    I did not decide to buy it or not, as there's quite few Q5 in stock and 2+ months are needed to order one. The price is given by Barrier.
  • queenladykqueenladyk Member Posts: 1
    I got an offer in the midwest for $46,639 incl. Audi care for a Q5 3.2 prem plus, navi, etc. Is this a good deal. I went on truecar.com and edmunds and both said it was fine but I want to know if I can find a better one. Thanks.
  • muwkamuwka Member Posts: 1
    Just got a 2012 Q5 Premium Plus, brilliant black/cinnamon brown. Options were MMI nav and floormats for a total MSRP of 47175. Got the dealer down to 45K even. After TTL (7% sales tax) the OTO was 48464. Good or bad deal? Q5's usually fly out of the dealer lots in my area (NW Chicago 'burbs).
    Decided against B&O since it's going to be a wife's car and she only listens to radio during her short commute.
    Thanks.
  • kalchekkalchek Member Posts: 2
    Have an offer for 38,381 + TTL. With B&O, comes to 39,180 + TTL. Lower than invoice from what I see, but wait times are long. Worthy deal? Also, is B&O a worthy upgrade?
  • investor27investor27 Member Posts: 59
    edited January 2012
    That sounds like a good deal. The B&O for around $800 more is also a good deal as well. What is the exterior color of your car, and which dealership is it? How long do you have to wait for it?
  • josyulajosyula Member Posts: 1
    I bought today 2012 2.0 T with premium plus and convenience pakage (a demo with 5600 miles on it) for $38500. They gave me remaining warranty plus 2yr of extended warranty +50k miles. Total warranty is till 6/2017 and 100k miles. Also, they gave 22.5k for my Lexus Rx350 (w/o Nav). Sounded like a good deal. Thoughts??
  • comscicomsci Member Posts: 1
    Which dealer was this and who did you deal with? That seems like a great price for 2012. You did great, I been searching for one in Washington and all the salemen think they have gold on their hands and wouldn't willing to negotiate much.

Helo Carman can you let us know what's the money factor for January for Q5 seem like very high at 5.8% or something. Depreciation also going down too like 48%- 51%.

Thanks
  • chaganmaganchaganmagan Member Posts: 2
    Getting 2.0 Premium Plus with Nav., Rear Airbags, and smart key (in PA) for $1000 over invoice (around $43,070 plus tax/tag).
    Dealer is also offering Free Navigation Updates for 10 Years.

Is that a good deal? Anyone?
  • nypowernypower Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Is it ok you can provide me which dealer you got the offer from??
    I want the same options you are offered.
    I live in nj and dealers try to push it close to msrp because of popularity of this car.
    I got an offer from the local today couple of hundreds down from msrp.
    It is ridiculous. is it true this car is that much popular and worth paying close to msrp??
    I need an advise and please let me know the best price dealers in nj or ny.
  • dssxxxxdssxxxx Member Posts: 69
    Try Jack Daniels.

Bought Q5 and A8L and both were heavily discounted (both new).
  • andrew7883andrew7883 Member Posts: 2
    Hi all
    I am going to purchase 2.0 TFSI® Premium Plus + MMI + B&O Sound + Keyless. (MSRP 45,650)
    I need some advises in south california, please.
    Thanks
  • rflangrflang Member Posts: 8
    Anyone have dealer recommendations in the Chicago area and the discount I can expect on a 45K 2.0t? Any responses would be much appreciated. My email is on my profile also. Thanks !
  • boss18boss18 Member Posts: 8
    2012 Q5
    Premium Plus
    Phantom Black Exterior / Black Interior
    Navigation
    Advanced Key
    Exhaust Tips
    B&O Sound
    19" wheels
    All weather mats / truck liner
    Destination
    $44,600 before tax and tags
  • boss18boss18 Member Posts: 8
    My deal was at Audi on Waukegan Road in Glenview
  • philou3philou3 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a Q5 2.0 premium + with navigation, included Audi care $26,000 OTD in Florida.

A lot of dealer are not negotiating on Q5 and are staying close to MSRP. Shop around!!!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    $26,000?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• philou3philou3 Member Posts: 2
    Sorry, I meant $46,000
  • djung01djung01 Member Posts: 3
    did anyone else from Audi receive a $200 prepaid audi visa card? this is for inconvenience during the rear camera wait. if you did, did you have to register the card in anyway?
    thx
  • nschrocknschrock Member Posts: 2
    go to cars direct and price it out with whatever options you want. We are interested in the Q5 and the local dealer knows that we will use cars direct to purchase unless he meets their price. My husband bought his Toyota Tundra that way. They beat all the local prices and delivered it right to our door. No hassle or games. Its the only way to buy.
  • cscamp20cscamp20 Member Posts: 9
    Been debating whether i should get a premium or premium plus with just standard option installed. I have been emailing dealers in north jersey for quotes and i wanted to ask what is is the average invoice pricing you guys got for a 2.0t premium and premium plus. Heard good things about newton and secaucus dealerships and i wanted to also ask to the peope in jersey which other dealerships you guys recommend. Was bell audi in edison a couple months ago but these guys want msrp for their cars.

Checked carmax and true car and there seems to be a 1000 diference on the invoice price. Thx
  • strogetstroget Member Posts: 1
    What was the name of the dealer you used?
  • carlover2012carlover2012 Member Posts: 16
    placed an order for:
    2012 2.0T Ibis White
    Premium Plus + advance key + Audi All-Weather Mats, Trunk
    +Destination Fee
    Total $40,000

Good deal?
  • nav9nav9 Member Posts: 2
    I wanted to Thank everyone in this forum for your suggestion. I am first time buyer who purchased Audi Q5 2.0 T premium plus with Navigation and advance key last week from Rusnak Audi. Color is brilliant black.

I got a good deal and sales experience was very pleasant. No pressure.
    I would recommend the internet sales team of this Rusnak westlake dealership . Sales person is Phil .
    edited February 2012
    After 3 weeks of searching, going to dealerships and and online sites. Two dealers offered me a 2.0T premium with Sunroof and heated seats for $36800. Dealership is asking me $1000 for deposit though since i am ordering the car.

I think i got a pretty good deal and will go to the dealership to order the car this week.
    after i got home after the deposit for the Q5, I found out the Purchase agreement paper (the yellow receipt that we kept) has additional fees?! They are printed on it:
    (under vehicle price:)
    Administrative Fee: $495.00
    Car wash and detail : 95.00
    (under taxes & other fee:)
    Fee for processing applicaton $75.00

I want to know if anyone have these fee?
    edited February 2012
    That's bull! you should have those taken out! those are hidden fees the dealership is trying charge you. If you dont say anything, they wont take it out. That's not right!

On my yellow order form. The only fee's i have are

Registration fee and Documentary Fee. The doc fee which is a fixed fee for all their cars.

Sounds like a Shady dealership to me. i would think twice about dealing with that dealer. Are those fee's handwritten by the salesperson? But you already signed for it right? Is the deposit refundable?
  • nav9nav9 Member Posts: 2
    these prices are fake and don't pay them.

Administrative Fee: $495.00
    Car wash and detail : 95.00
    (under taxes & other fee:)
    Fee for processing applicaton $75.00

The only price I paid when I purchased my Q5 last week
    Registration (DMV)
    Tax (8.25%)
    CA tire dispoal = $8.50
    Documentation fee - $55
    edited February 2012
    Thanks! call up the dealer.
    asked him to remove the fee or refund. (those fee are ink printed on the invoice, not handwritten)
    They fixed it. glad that I found out earlier!
    (Now i only pay for the dmv fee + doc fee $75)
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter is looking to speak with someone who bought a new small luxury SUV (like a X3, Q5 and RX 350) recently. If you are interested in sharing your story, please respond to pr@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, February 29, 2012. Please send your contact info, the name of the make/model you bought and a few examples of models that you also considered.
    So i put in my deposit for a 2012 Q5 last Saturday and then i yesterday i got a call from my dealership saying audi of north america cancelled all the order monday. Anyone who ordered last weekend got a call from their dealership to say they cancelled their order. now there's goes my week of research and negotiating down the drain. This is BullS!T!
    edited February 2012
    Called other dealerships they said maybe my dealer decided they dont want to honor the price they gave me which i already signed with the order form. I was told that it's not that audi is not taking orders anymore it's about the car allocation per dealership.
  • shadowchasershadowchaser Member Posts: 94
    3 months ago, I bought a beautiful 2012 4 cyl Prem Plus Audi q5 with Nav at a fairly good price... 48,000 when I was done with taxes etc and the audicare.
    The car drives great...but I just don't like the controls etc.
    It is in perfect condition and has less than 10K on it (5 I think). How much will I lose if I sell it and buy an outback with Nav (prob the 6 cylinder)

I know cars lose a lot the second they go off the lot... but new audis are expensive and I wonder if there is a market for very nearly new.

What is the best way to sell... and do I lose a ton just in the taxes themselves (on the new car.... ) Should I approach a dealer or sell on my own... please advise
  • shadowchasershadowchaser Member Posts: 94
    I misquoted myself. I got a very good deal.

The car was 42,170 including Navigation, weather mats
    taxes were 2532, title 325, dealer bs processing 200.
    I added audicare for 800 for a total of 46,027. From my research, this is lower than most people pay.

It is below the edmunds suggested price etc.
  • ychang77ychang77 Member Posts: 31
    edited March 2012
    This is the offer I got on a '12 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium:

MSRP: $39,425
    Invoice (per ZAG): $37,448
    Selling Price: $38,425 ($1K off MSRP)

Drive Off: $1,500
    Monthly Payment after CA Tax: $640/mo

Lease based on 10K/yr, 36mo., MF 0.00151, Residual 53%

Can anyone tell me what they think of this deal? They said no to $1,500 off MSRP.
  • ychang77ychang77 Member Posts: 31
    MSRP: $44,065

Drive Off: $2,000
    Monthly Payment after CA Tax: $699/mo

Lease based on 10K/yr, 36mo., MF 0.00151, Residual 53%

What do you guys think of this?