Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi Q5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lxclintonlxclinton Member Posts: 2
    Hi All,

2.0T Premium Plus
    Audi advanced key
    Brilliant Black + Beige

Willow Grove Audi just quote me a price as low as $38840 and the invoice price I saw on Edmunds is $38794. Is this a good deal? I thought I could get a better deal because new car is comming soon. Any advices?

Thanks for the replies.
  • dennyregazzodennyregazzo Member Posts: 14
    I believe invoice is 7% off MSRP while your numbers show 6%.

We're looking and the dealer told me there is a 6% markup but I believe he lied I think he said that to set the stage to make 1% profit when we negotiate to Invoice.
  • jls008jls008 Member Posts: 3
    Hello. I just left the dealership and secured the following deal on a 2013 2.0 L prestige plus (Black exterior, black leather interior):

3 years, 36,000 miles lease
    price of car, $800 above invoice (salesperson showed me the invoice:
    54% residiual
    $5000 towards my trade-in (2005 Hyundai Santa Fe)
    No other money down
    Total monthly payment $563.00 per month.

I researched this page quite a bit before agreeing upon these terms. Please let me know your thoughts on the quality of this deal. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • endollanendollan Member Posts: 12
    Did negotiation online via email with couple of dealerships in So. Cal and got the price to Invoice. Then went to dealership and haggle some more, I found a few things to my advantage and got them to go below invoice. Very happy with the service.

MSRP - $48,820
    Invoice - xxx - $300.00

You can look up invoice price online.

I'm satisfied with the price. I'm sure others that can wait for the 2014 can get more standard feature and powerful engine on 2.0T, but if you're gonna keep, it's not bad for a hot car.

I finance for 1.3% because I got a better rate than ANA, this was through Chase.

If you think you got a better deal, please post here, as it'll help others as well obtain the lowest price possible.
  • prosgalprosgal Member Posts: 4
    thx for info, sounds like a good deal. if you don't mind me asking which dealerships in So Cal?
  • dcamesdcames Member Posts: 6
    Hi All,

I purchased a monsoon grey/black 2013 Q5 premium plus with nav + sports interior + adv key for invoice price of $43,200. I paid $44,000 for the Q5 and the Audi Care package. I also got 1.9% APR financing from Audi. I am from Denver, CO but made this purchase in Albuquerque as dealers here want almost 2k over invoice price. I was willing to go 1k over invoice price to avoid the travel, but no one was willing to deal at that price in CO. I wanted the B&O audio, but this Q5 did not have it.

The people at Albuquerque dealership were great and made the whole process smooth. I will recommend them for anyone looking to buy an Audi or MB in CO as they will give you a good deal. Thanks to all who contribute to this forum.
  • ydolydol Member Posts: 12
    I purchased 2013 Audi Q5 Premium, panoramic sunroof, light package, all weather mats. It was on Feb, end of the month. Vegas might have a better deal than So Cal.
    Estimated Total MSRP $41,270
    Invoice $38,844
    Negotiated price $37,XXX
    + Sales Tax 8.1% (NV)
    + Doc Fees ($399), Title Fees ($28)
  • golfpro10golfpro10 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    I bought a 2013 Audi Q5 2.0T quattro.
    Phantom Black Pearl
    Q5 premium plus model
    Audi MMI Navigation plus package
    Audi Advanced key
    All weather floor mats.
    MSRP 46k
    Negotiated price 39,755

Any ideas if that was a good deal
    What state are you in? I can't get them to give me 6% off MSRP and you got 14%!
  • skitime62skitime62 Member Posts: 3
    NJ
  • sbb321sbb321 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Can you please mention the dealer name in NJ. I am also looking to get a Q5

Thanks
    I am in vegas. I dont want to mislead you so i will give you the whole story.
    They wanted 46k for the car. They brought the car down to 41,755 and I said I wanted 3 grand more off. I had a yukon trade in that was worth 7,000 at acura, carmax, infiniti and 2 other Audi dealerships. I was deep in negotiation with all of them and they wouldnt give me a penny more then 7k for the yukon. The audi dealership i went to said they would also only give me 7k for the yukon. I actually left the dealership when they wouldnt go lower then 41,755 and they called me at home 30 mins later and said they couldnt come down the 3,000 but they could come down 2,000 more. They said instead of bringing it down on the Q5 they were going to give it to me on my trade in and take a loss on that end. I didnt care how they got there or which end they took it off from as long as they came down on the price. I called the one other audi dealership in vegas and 3 audi dealerships in california and they said I would be crazy not to take that deal.
  • hkmhkm Member Posts: 20
    hello there,

I was very interested in purchasing an MDX until a month ago. But due to various reasons like unsatisfactory color combination on the 2013 models I am very very interested in purchasing the Q5 but am in no hurry whatsoever. I did some research about the Q5 online and here are my findings summarized below based on my needs.This would probably be useful for some one who has decided on the Q5 and trying to see how to best buy it.

1) the base model does not have bluetooth or heated seats (so we need to add atleast the convenience pkg and heated seats for around $1500)

2) any metallic color option would be +500(approx)

3) around 70-80% of cars sitting on the lots in the DC area have nav- which makes it very difficult to get a Q5 without nav

4) extremely difficult to get teak brown exterior without nav. So I would have to go for atleast a premium plus

5) very difficult to knock off any more than 5% off MSRP. Would have to pay some junk document fee of $500 on top of the MSRP(no destination fee in the quote given to me)

6) the base Q5 has very good resale value after 4 years(KBB very good trade in value for a 2010 Q5 with 40k miles is close to $28000)

7) WIll be losing close to 75% of the value of added options after a 3-4 year period.

8) Probably better to wait for the 2014 models and try to knock off atleast 3% off 1 of those Q5's

Everyone - Please feel to correct me if I am wrong and any other useful tips are much appreciated.
  • osubuckosubuck Member Posts: 19
    Honestly that's hard to believe. I negotiated with about 10 audi dealers in Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky and best these guys could do was about 3 to 4 % off. I don't know how u got such a huge discount. Wow. Care to share?
    Hey osubuck. In post #731 i explained exactly what happened. Let me know if you have any other specific questions. Glad to answer
  • mihaidanilamihaidanila Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2013
    I have two dealers here in the Tristate area offering me invoice price on the 2013 model these days. It's stock liquidation time, don't let them make money off of you at this point. If Acura can give generous discounts off of the car price, why couldn't Audi do it?

I am not convinced I can afford this car, so I will push further to get even more discount. Buying is not a must for me.
    I just bought a 2.0 PP with MMI and AudiKey for 45k OTD in tri-state area. I believe when I worked the numbers out that I paid 91.5% of the MSRP.
  • roadrageeroadragee Member Posts: 136
    There was a trade in vehicle in the calculation. So his buying experience / price paid is somewhat skewed. Technically he got his for $41,xxx. Still an excellent price.
  • audioilproblemaudioilproblem Member Posts: 3
    I recently purchased a new 2013 q5 2.0 and after less than 2000 miles and 4 months the oil light went on. The dealer was flabbergasted at this and claimed to have never seen this type of problem before on a new car (would they say otherwise?). So after running the full diagnostic on it they wanted me to do a special oil test where they drain it, weigh it and have me back after a certain time to weigh oil that's left. Well i just got the results back and they weren't good. They found a problem with oil usage or leakage and need to replace major parts in the engine, including the longblock which is about $5,000 according to quick search online. The car will be in the shop for 2 weeks!!! Audi wanted this repair done asap and had already overnighted the parts from germany. NOW WHY ON EARTH WOULD AUDI BE SO QUICK TO MAKE THESE MAJOR REPAIRS??? THEY MUST KNOW THAT THIS NEW Q5 REDESIGN IS HAVING MAJOR OIL ISSUES LIKE THIER OTHER CARS "USED TO" HAVE. I'm currently waiting to hear back from corporate regarding a buy back or other fixes. I just want to make sure others out there looking at this car are aware of these problems because it is not isolated to just this model. I used to have an a4 that literally died because of oil problems. That one related to a recall on a part that I was ever notified about. PLEASE DO MORE RESEARCH ON OIL PROBLEMS BEFORE YOU CONSIDER AUDI, AND DON'T TRUST THE DEALER TO GIVE YOU AN HONEST ANSWER THAT AUDIS DON'T HAVE THESE PROBLEMS ANYMORE.
  • skitime62skitime62 Member Posts: 3
    Wow, we just got an oil warning message after 2k miles and the car is less than 2 months old. I put oil in the car since I was away from home. I called the dealer who said they probably forgot to top off the oil when they prepped the car. This is great info you posted. Now I can challenge the dealer when I bring in the car. Thanks for sharing!
  • chaganmaganchaganmagan Member Posts: 2
    WOW!
    You already had a problem with Audi before. Why would you even go back and buy another car from them?
    I've read about this on some forums, because I'm also passively working on buying a Q5. Someone said that his Toyota manual wrote that it's OK for the car to consume up to 1L/1000Km. Someone said of the Audi (I think of the Q5) that up to 2L/1000Km is within specs. I found some other forum discussing things like GM and Buick, and they talk about oil consumption all over the spectrum. Don't know what to say about this, whether it's a real problem or just a nuisance.
  • audioilproblemaudioilproblem Member Posts: 3
    I stuck with them initially because they offered me a partial credit for the car and discount on a new one. Granted that was in 2009 when the economy really sucked and they were desperate to move new cars. The next a4 I got was fine for 3 years, it did consume an insane amount of oil but didn't have major problems. Then most recently we just bought this q5 for a growing family and because it is actually one of the best among the mdx/x3/jeep cohort but after this most recent problem I am swearing off audis forever. I will also make it my duty to inform people about this because the company has refused to acknowledge the issue or offer me any reasonable solution. I want them to buy the car back from me so I can pay off my car loan and be done with audi. No way do I want to own a car that undergoes $5-8k of work on a major oil/engine problem that arose within a few months of delivery.
  • dan303dan303 Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking at an Audi Q5 premium plus 2.0 T with Sport Interior Package, Advanced Key and Bang & Olufsen Sound System. Dealer is quoting me $44.6K on the road. I'm trying to get him under $40K. Does that sounds doable? Has anyone got a similar configuration at less than $40K.
    Thanks!
    edited June 2013
    The configuration you are looking at will have MSRP of $42,995. If you were to get it for $40k, that would be 7% discount. i say that's somewhat doable. Many dealers will go up to 6% however. Good luck!
  • dan303dan303 Member Posts: 3
    We'll see. My thinking is that 2014 models will be here soon, and dealers need to get rid of the inventory. I definitely don't want to shell out any more than $40K!
  • chuckycalchuckycal Member Posts: 6
    Audi Q5 2014 2.0L

prem plus (includes advance key for 2014), cargo net, protection kit, MMI Nav

$44,080

Fair price?
  • iamgortiamgort Member Posts: 82
    Can anyone tell me if you need to have car insurance through USAA to get the USAA discount or just have a membership ID?
  • njn8tvnjn8tv Member Posts: 1
    My understanding is that as long as you're a USAA member (as am I) the USAA discount works. Just remember to print out the certificate.

My advice--use it as a starting point. My USAA certificate says $44,106 for a Q5 and I know I can get it lower.
  • liu1372liu1372 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, did you get the car after payment or you order the car from Germany£¿
    Thanks£¡
    i am trying to order one 2014 Q5 from factory through the dealer. it is a premium plus with MMI navigation. the MSRP is 45645, the invoice is 42514. i want to get it for 43500, is that doable?
  • vijaykrishnavijaykrishna Member Posts: 5
    Dealer is quoting me $48,160 drive out price for 2013 Audi Q5 2.0 Premium plus, Nav system, adv key, all weather floor mats and trunk liner, premium sound, sport interior, audi first aid kit, cargo net, front license plate holder.

MSRP is 47,070. Drive out he is quoting - 48,160

Is this fair price for 2013 model? Inputs are really appreciated.
    Let me put it this way. If I could be offered 6% on the same configuration minus the sport interior, you can too. I was offered this months ago. You may be able to get even more. Don't let them tell you that cars sell better in some areas than in others - these dealers were in New Jersey.
    after
    43,979 will get you done
    yes, but why not get the 2014 for a little more out nof pocket?
  • rubyofcairorubyofcairo Member Posts: 3
    Test drove 2014 Q5 Premium Plus. I e-mailed Costco to get their special pricing agreed w/Dealer. I was told the best they could do was $500 under MSRP of $43,695. I was so disappointed. I really wanted it w/GPS. They also told me these cars sell themselves, so there's really No dealing. I was stunned they wouldn't Deal. I'm sure being a single woman buying a car didn't help. Any suggestions?
    Hi, I order the 2014 Plus with MMI navigation this Friday for 43300 before tax and fees. I didnt get cargo net or other things, only the Plus model and choose the MMI navigation. spend one week on bargain, but i need to wait foe two and half months.
  • rubyofcairorubyofcairo Member Posts: 3
    Hi liu1372,
    I was at Walters Audi in Riverside. Where did you get such a great deal? Who did you work with? I need all the help I can get!

Thanks
    RubyofCairo
    Shopping around and dealing with dealer's internet department helps, Negotiating through email.
    I am in Ohio, i just pick up two dealers, and just give them your email but not your phone number. dont talk them face to face, because their words will make you get lost. ask them the best price they can offer, them email the lowest price to the other dealer, the usually match the other one's price, so i give them the lowest price-200, them do it for a couple of times. i do it 2 times, them i tell the dealer my target, they usually will not give you that price you want, so you need to give them the price is you target- 300. the point is that stay on your target, dont buy the car the dealer suggests you.
    Well the current price stands at $47,628.11 drive out. I think he is offering me 6% less I guess. What do you people think.

Audi 2.0 premium plus, nav system, sport interior, all weather mats, premium sound.
    6% off MSRP is plenty.
    This being a 2013 model dont you think there should be a little more off on the MSRP?
    you can certainly push for it and shop around.
  • kainnyckainnyc Member Posts: 80
    Invoice plus incentive is best unless there's a bigger markup!
    I was able to negotiate a deal for 46,000 drive out. 2013 Audi Q5, Premium plus, Premium sound, 19" wheels, Phanthom black pearl ext, Adv key, Navigation, All weather mats and cargo net.
    I think this is the best I can get
    Personally, the 19" wheels and B&O sound is huge waste of $. The advanced key is included in 2014, not extra.
    Sounds pretty good. Your configuration should have MSRP around $48k. Does your 46k include 6% texas tax?
    edited July 2013
    Well, the included advanced key in 2014 Model Year comes at a cost. $450 increase in MSRP compared to 2013 Model Year with same options.