Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi Q5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,789
edited January 2014 in Audi
Tell us about shopping for a Q5!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• c280c280 Member Posts: 21
    I'm in Charlotte, NC. I test drove the Q5. The car seems bigger, looking at it from outside, especially in the front, compared to those photos (blue Q5 online) that we saw earlier. It also seems wider in the front. I questioned whether it could fit through my garage door. The trunk space is small. I drove it in pouring rain (75-80 mph) and it rides well. For a German car, the turning circle was not impressive. I like it, pretty car but not sure about the price. Audi adds the premium and premium plus which jacks up the price. The Q5 and the A4 is the same car but the A4 gives you more options with the engine and the A4 trunk is bigger than the Q5. I'm hesitant because the Q7(big brother) and the Q5 has the same engine, 3.2l V6 which is not great on gas if you are fuel conscious. I like the car but not sure about the price when you consider the pros and cons. Maybe if Audi offered the Q5 TDI in the US at a reasonable price I would seriously consider it because the TDI is more fuel efficient. Plus BMW is asking a rediculous price for their diesel X5.
  • vrooommmvrooommm Member Posts: 10
    I can't wait to pick it up. But I'm agonizing whether white is better than black. I liked the tan interior. :)
  • adavis2493adavis2493 Member Posts: 3
    Bought a 2009 Audi Q5 a week ago from Valley Motors in Hunt Valley, MD for $1,000 off sticker price. The vehicle was not already in dealer inventory, it was ordered by me. Sticker Price was in the Mid $45,000's. :)
  • danielb6752danielb6752 Member Posts: 10
    Purchased a meteor gray prestige today. One thing i learned is that you cannot negotiate using "invoice price" by seeing what you see on edmunds.com with audi dealers. While this has worked for me with Infiniti and BMW, make sure you ASK what invoice price is before you say "invoice plus X" when negotiating. It will save you a lot of stress and money, as the dealers tack on silly charges and say they're not negotiable. Such is life when buying a hot car I guess.

Anyway, I thought I was getting a great deal for "invoice plus $1300" but as it turns out i ended up right at the edmunds TMV number once i asked the dealer what the agreed price actually was ($48164).

Anyway, it's home and it's great. At least I scored the free audi care from the audi drive event thanks to these forums. All you need is to get the nametag and give it to the dealer when you pick up your car. it also adds a point to your residual if you lease.
  • yvanhyvanh Member Posts: 8
    Do you mind sharing your financing or leasing terms?

Basically I got an offer today for a Red Prestige and the numbers sound high to me, I ws expecting something on the $700 range and it got actually on the mid $800's, and not even for a 15K mi/yr.

Thanks

Here is what I got offered...
    MSRP: $49500 (selling price)
    Residual: 47%
    Terms: 36 Mo - 12Kmi/yr
    Money Factor: 0.00022
    Due: $2,000 ($1000 from a trade and $1000 more at signing)
    Taxes are covered with the trade and dealer "contribution"
    Montly Payment: $869 @ 36 Mo / $837 @ 39Mo
  • manupmanup Member Posts: 24
    Could you please tell us what the "silly charges" were that you were told are not negotiable ?
    The lease was somewhere around 800 so i said don't bother since the MF/residual values are so terrible.

I took the 2.9 for 36.
    Aside from the destination charge, which I know and expect to be included in the invoice price...

-advertising fees
    -port fee
    -fee for the dealer's service department to inspect the car once it arrives
    -another $~150 fee that was added to the price once I got there, though I don't remember what it was
  • cindyhan314cindyhan314 Member Posts: 23
    anyone recently shop around for Q5? I got a offer on a silver premium plus for $40,200. Is this a good deal or cld be better?
  • baldeglbaldegl Member Posts: 16
    Nice car. Switch it for the Porsche convert some sunny day.
  • missmedudemissmedude Member Posts: 1
    I am thinking about getting the Q5 soon but Im kind of nervous and can be easily convinced. Just wondering what is the normal outdoor price for the Q5? Prestige/ Premium/ Premium Plus? what about the fsi and the fsi s-lines? Im kind of new. So what do I do after i step on the inside? Ask for a spin? or price? Is there any steps or skills to buying an affordable q5?
  • alexgp11alexgp11 Member Posts: 8
    Friends, I am looking for some unbiased advice here. I am a longtime BMW owner and have always treated my cars as jewels. I currently have a 2001 X5 3.0 w/Sports Package, a real looker, and has absolutely never given me any headaches at all (in the contrary). That said, I have never owned a car for more than 5 years and we are coming onto 8 with this one now. All along, I had thought I’d make a change next year, but, with the release of the Q5 and others, plus the economy giving consumers theoretically some edge, I am considering a switch now. I am test-driving the Q5 next week and have already researched enough to know that the overall dimensions (interior and exterior) are not significantly different (although I want to witness that, as I am sure the trunk/cargo area is smaller).
    So my questions are: is it not true that Audi has a worse maintenance record than BMW (especially on the electrical side)? Would you, in my shoes, make the switch from X5 3.0 to Q5? If yes, why? If not why? (Again, I am looking for unbiased opinions here) Thanks.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Thr Q5 is an Audi in it's first year of production. Think about that carefully. Don't expect 8 years without headaches. The mercedes ml 350 may be worth considering. Prices are down and their reliability is decent. The infinity fx35 should also be on your list as well as the acura mdx. I would keep a totally open mind and schedule test drives thru the internet depts for all. Don't even talk price. Go home and evaluate your experiences. Don't forget another beemer. One last thought is the subary tribeca ltd awd. Don't laugh until you drive one.
    Thanks jayrider, good points, especially the "first-year" one. Inevitably (and as early as next year), a different engine and options may end up being available. About the Tribeca, that is my wife's dreamcar (and she just bought a Forester)... ;-)
  • phanjo33phanjo33 Member Posts: 6
    I think that's a good deal. I've been trying to get the premium with just panaromic sunroof and front heated seats and dealers are asking for 39800. Where are you located, cindyhan314? I'm in South Jersey.
  • rcm09rcm09 Member Posts: 1
    Here's the deal I got on a 09' Q5 White,Prestige,S line pkg.

MSRP... 51,175.00
    Invoice... 47,846.00

I was able to get it at 200 hundred below invoice... 47,646.00 and Audi will make the first 2 payments. That does not include tax, reg. and doc fee as that is always different between states and dealers.
    Finally got mine today. Went to 2 dealership in Philly area.

MSRP:41650
    Invoice:39022

I got it for 39400(selling price, not OTD), Audi will make the first 2 payments.
    It took me about 1 week of research and 1 week of negotiating with the dealers in NY, NJ, CT, PA and VA.
    Mine is premium with sunroof, homelink (bluetooth), 6 cd changers, heated seats, music interface. I think I got $450 below TMV price and about $1000 below from average price, which I could see from truecar.com.
    Took about half an hour to agree on the price and waited 3.5 hours (it was hot today) for the car to be ready.
    Great car!
  • lobstergallobstergal Member Posts: 2
    Phan - may I ask what dealership you did wind up purchasing from? I have been shopping for a Premium or Plus Q5 and I haven't been able to back anyone off of about $45,900... All I care abut is Nav, heated seats and bluetooth...
    I went to Audi Wynnewood in PA, just outside of Philly. They had about 5 Q5s in stock in the parking lot, but they may have more in the back. I talked to them on the phone before going in then could knock off several hundred more in person. Hope you find what you're looking for.
  • yvanhyvanh Member Posts: 8
    We (finally) took delivery last Friday, Garnet Red Prestige. I had to hold about 3 weeks due to current re-fi process going on my house.

The car is just amazing, nothing compared to a test drive and I like it better with the 19" wheels. The drive in S mode is just hands down better than with our current X3. The "normal" Drive mode feels a bit odd starting froma dead stop as it shifts t 2nd gear a bit too quick.

The speech recognition software is perhaps the best I've used (especially for phone commands) and the voice commands itself get a bit tricky on Radio, but still it's super good; I personally love the suspension as it's firm but not super sport like the X3 that now feels like a rock.

Pretty happy with the purchase. We end up financing @ 66mo, taking the 1st 2 payments on AFS
  • lobstergallobstergal Member Posts: 2
    Great - sounds like you got a pretty good dal Phan - did you get the Homelink and Navigation as well? Purchase or lease?
  • lvjudylvjudy Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for the info Phanjo! I am thinking of buying from their sister dealer, Don Rosen Audi Conshohocken. If its not too intrusive, which sales rep did you work with?
    It was a purchase.I did get the Homelink, great feature.
    Did try out the navigation, didn't like it much. Wasn't intuitive enough (Just my opinion) and it wasn't touch screen. I'm not sure why german companies don't go with the touch screen. I also test drove GLK 350 the other day and that didn't have touch-screen based navigation either. Don't know about BMW, VW and some others. Acura has one of the best navs on the market, not just my experience but I also have a profession in that area.
    I believe I'm not supposed to post names of salespersons here according to the forum policy. Once you send out the quote request thru edmunds.com, I'm pretty sure that you will get to the person that I dealt with in Audi Wynnewood. That's how I got to that person. Audi Conshohocken, they're also professional and great people to deal with in my experience. It's just that Audi Wynnewood was more aggressive when trying to reach a deal. But worth a try since they had many Q5 in stocks.
    Wow, I think that's a fantastic deal. Even if it's prestige and S line, which means there're more rooms for price nego, I've never heard anyone getting Q5 under invoice. At least around where I live.
  • oooooooo Member Posts: 5
    Looking for some buying advice in Florida. This is for a Q5 Prestige, with no additional options. Dealer is offering only $1,000 of MRSP, or $48,500 plus dealer fees. According to True Cars this doesn't seem like a great deal. Inventory seems low currently as they phase out the 2009 for the coming 2010 in the next few months. Any advice?
  • pc323pc323 Member Posts: 5
    You should be able to get at least $2000+ off the MSRP.
  • aw19aw19 Member Posts: 1
    About to finalize a lease for an Ibis White Q5 w/ Prestige package.

Options: Side assist

MSRP: $49525
    Sell: $48,013

36mos
    10k/yr
    $726/mo.
    $3079.85 due at signing (NYS taxes up front and they waived first month)

I thought I'd qualify for the Conquest reward b/c I am coming off a Lexus lease but I was told Q5 was excluded (confirmed with another dealership). Only incentive was the 1st month's pyment waived.
    Just bought a '09 Premium Plus with Navigation for $44,350.00. Using Audi finance so they'll pay for the first two payments.
  • pc323pc323 Member Posts: 5
    ["Just bought a '09 Premium Plus with Navigation for $44,350.00. Using Audi finance so they'll pay for the first two payments."]

What state was this in and does the price include taxes, title, and doc fees, etc?
  • rubinjosrubinjos Member Posts: 9
    I am getting real close to pulling the trigger on a Q5 Presitge Package w/ no other options. Pricing has not come out, but I am guessing that it will not chage a whole lot (may go up a little because Side Assist is being added as Standard for Prestige Package). There has been some talk about people getting these 2009 Q5s for very little over invoice. This is hard for me to believe considering they are becoming very scarce (It is really hard to find a Prestige out there). I have not started negotiating w/ dealer. Should I have any problems breezing into dealer and ordering a 2010 Q5 for invoice (or a little over). I am in Michigan so they may be having trouble selling these. What else should I ask for? - two payments, any incentives (I have a BMW -Conquest incentive?) What about paying the ad fees - are they mandatory? Any advice that will save me $$$ is greatly appreciated!
    This was in Florida. It does not include tax, title, or $600 doc fee.
  • telebumptelebump Member Posts: 12
    Do you know when the 2010's are coming out, and what changes they will have from the 2009's? I have not been able to find an 09 in the setup I want so I am looking for the 10's to come out. Thanks!
  • ccjw511ccjw511 Member Posts: 23
    salesman told me the car will be available around another 2 months and there is nothing change on 2010.
    Your sales guy is wrong about no changes on 2010s. There are several changes. For example, Side Assist is standard on Prestige. Different rims on S-Line; Plus - hybrid may be available later in 2010. keep that in mind. I am also impatiently waiting on 2010 pricing and availability
    Just put in an order for a 2010 Q5 Prestige today! Black (exterior) on Beige (interior) - thank God Audi decided to add the Walnut inlays as an option on the beige interior cause the Almond would not have worked out. Cant wait to take delivery of this fine Auto!
  • wigglewiggle Member Posts: 2
    First a quick thanks to others on this forum for your insight in helping me negotiate a deal. Picked up a dealer demo Q5 yesterday. Premium Plus, MMI Nav plus pckg, ibis white, cardamom beige w/1400 miles. Paid $39,300. I'll sleep well....
  • mikumiku Member Posts: 2
    I've been looking at a car very similar to this...what city did you buy in?
  • wigglewiggle Member Posts: 2
    San Diego
  • slikrik98slikrik98 Member Posts: 1
    just bought a Q5 w/ PP, MMI, and 19" wheels package, black/black, in Chicago for $45000. 36mo finance to take advantage of the 2 months payments from Audi Financial (36 is as low as they'll let you go). 2.9% APR.
  • dkny1dkny1 Member Posts: 8
    Hi to all . anybody can help me w/ a good dealer in the tri-state are? . Looking for prestige or p.plus + navi.ma. Maybe provide me w/ name of good salesman.
    For the people who already own one : how satisfy are you?. any mayor issue ?
  • sozosozo Member Posts: 4
    Just ordered a loaded Q5 S-Line - all options (B&O sound, Drive Select, Advanced Key...) except Side Assist (now I learn above that it will be standard on my 2010 - more bells & whistles, literally) and rear airbags. Black on black but hoped for other colors than those currently offered for 2010. Also would have ordered TDI if offered like in Europe. Only difference to European version is no choice on seats (there are 3+ leathers offered there and the S-Line gets 'sport seats' with additional support and 'S-Line' embossed on the seat back), and about USD $40K less on same equipped model. Had a Q7 TDI in Switzerland - beautiful car and quick! Q5 drives similarly only more nimble, obviously, due to size. Prefer looks and interior of Q5. Bought at Audi Manhattan. Rare combo so no stock and had to order. Sept. can't come quick enough!
  • rlm51rlm51 Member Posts: 21
    I've visited the nearest Audi dealer twice ... and not once have I been greeted or otherwise approached in any way. Don't know if this is "normal" behavior (or an Audi status thing?) but certainly enough to turn me into a BMW or Lexus customer.

This was at McDonald Audi in Littleton, Colorado, where I went looking for a 2009 Q5, white/tan, Prestige.

Thanks,
    Bob
    "sozo" - you ordered exactly the model I am considering. Mind if I ask some questions: (a) did you get the standard tires that come with the S-line, which are 20-inch Summer Tires? Do you know if 20-inch all-season tires are available? (b) How much was the final price? Cheers.
    PS - do you have any pictures of it?
  • goldendragon18goldendragon18 Member Posts: 15
    i think this is normal audi dealership behavior because i live in the dc area adn for the three dealerships that i've visited, i haven't been greeted once. this is also why i decided to stick with lexus
  • aquaman2aquaman2 Member Posts: 7
    I live in State of California(Los Angeles) and looking to lease a 2009 Audi Q5 with Premium Pkg for 36 months at 10K per year. So far, the best deal I have got is $569/month for 35 months(Audi' rebate takes care of first month) with Zero down and drive off is at $1,200. i am wondering what everyone thinks about this offer?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi aquaman2. This particular discussion is for people to talk about the prices that they have paid for their Q5s. You will probably have better luck finding answers to any questions that you have about leasing this truck over in the "Audi Q5 Lease Questions" discussion.

I personally actually feel as though looking at vehicles' selling prices in relation to their MSRP or dealer invoice prices is the best way to tell if one is getting a good deal on a lease anyhow. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Let us know what this truck's selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly tell you what they think,

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • aquaman2aquaman2 Member Posts: 7
    the MSRP is $41,350 and seeling price is sold at $39,250. how does this sound?
  • sozosozo Member Posts: 4
    Hi alexqp11,
    No pictures since I had to order one that will only be built from next week, but if you go to the Audi configurator you can 'see it' by building it.
    I took the 20 in. summer tires. All seasons or M&S tires are not available. I plan to prob. purchase a set of narrower rims for the winter - actually something very commonly practiced in Europe, but costly. I paid after tax and dest. charges $59k. ($54.1k before). Pricey perhaps, but my mentality is still in Europe where I would pay close to $100k for this configuration. I took the double 5-spoke rims BTW.