Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi Q5 Lease Questions

Comments

• roadrageeroadragee CaliforniaPosts: 102
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, pretty good isn't it? With TDI, the residual value is now comparable with what BMW/M-Benz offer for gasoline X3/GLK. Still, the not as favorable rent charge rate (MF) makes the Q5 a bit more expensive with higher payment than those.

2014 Q5 3.0T P+, 36month, 15k/yr ==> 0.00163, 56%
    2014 Q5 3.0T Prestige, 36month, 15k/yr ==> 0.00163, 52%

2% higher for 12k/yr
  • dfd3dfd3 Posts: 57
    So, just to clarify, the 57% and .00161 are for the SQ5, not the Q5, correct? Is the residual and/or MF any different on the SQ5 Prestige? And, I'm assuming that AFS still adds 1% to the residual for purchasing Audicare, right?

Many thanks for your assistance!!!!!!
    Correct - from the information I have. MF & RV are basically same for Q5 TDI & SQ5. Prestige models have lower RV. Glad I could help.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi roadragee. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00120 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2014 model are .00162 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Ah ha. The TDI as well. OK, AFS' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 Q5 TDI Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00160 and 59%.

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly iamgort. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Q5 3.0T Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00121 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00121 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, dfd3. Through August 5th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 SQ5 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome lilaloca. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, to me the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gort. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 Q5 3.0 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00163 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factor for the Prestige model is the same, but the residual value is much less attractive...4% lower.

Car_man
    Host
  • hoops25hoops25 Posts: 3
    Hi Car_Man,

What purchase price and/or lease payment would be reasonable for a

SQ5
    Monsoon Grey
    Prestige
    Comfort

I am looking at the following lease in CA and have negotiated the following lease:

$2,500 down
    15,000 mi per year
    36 months
    $1,025 Monthly payment including taxes, fees, etc.

Thanks in advance.
    Thank you Car_Man!

Much appreciated.
    Thank you, Car_Man! I appreciate the info!

And, I assume that AFS will still add 1% to the residual for purchasing AudiCare, correct?
  • gb47gb47 Posts: 2
    Hi Car man!

What lease payment/terms would be reasonable for a Q5 premium plus?

Thanks!!
  • gb47gb47 Posts: 2
    There would be 15k miles per year.
    edited July 2013
    From the information you provided and current Audi Financial Services's MF & RV, it looks like you are leasing the car at MSRP and more.

MSRP $62000
    Downpayment $2500
    Net Cap Cost $59500
    Acquisition Fee $695
    Registration $504
    MF 0.00161
    RV 53%

The lease payment based on above criteria is $1008.24 including tax, fee, registration. So your monthly payment of $1025 is certainly looking quite high.

SQ5 is a new vehicle in demand, thus dealers may not want to discount much. However, If you already own Audi, you get automatic $1000 off. and there is always a room for negotiation, especially in CA where there are many dealers (Greater LA by any chance?)

Good luck~ SQ5 is going to be awesome Q5!
    You're very welcome roadragee.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome dfd3. You're correct, AudiCare does provide a 1% bump.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gb47. If you provide me with this vehicle's MSRP and dealer invoice price I can work up a payment for you. You can find that information in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

Car_man
    Host
  • hoops25hoops25 Posts: 3
    I renegotiated under $1K...Thank you very much for the advice!
  • nupeskee1nupeskee1 Posts: 11
    edited August 2013
    Looking to get lease numbers for SQ5 for 36, 42, and 60 months at 12k and 15k miles. Include MF and RV. MSRP is 60,345. Purchase price $55,724. Thanks
  • Forgot to inlcude invoice pricing. $56,214 minus the $895 for shipping
  • Im in Houston Texas,

What should I expect to Pay/Lease for a 2014 Q5 2.0 - MSRP Price 47325 - Dealer Discount - 954 = True Price $46371.

How much lower can a Dealer get to invoice Price?

Thanks

Options Below

Premium Plus Package
    Audi Advanced Key
    Lighting Package
    Auto-Dimming & Power-Folding Outside Mirrors
    Auto-Dimming Interior Mirror w/Digital Compass
    3-Step Heated Front Seats
    2-Position Driver Side Memory
    Deep Tinted 2-Panel Panorama Sunroof
    Power Opening/Closing Tailgate
    Aluminum Trunk Edge Trim & Door Sills
    Audi Xenon Plus Headlights

Additional Options
    Audi Guard Protection Kit
    Audi MMI Navigation Plus Package
    8-Color Driver Information Display
    Audi Parking System Plus w/Rear View Camera
    Audi Connect w/Online Services
    Bang & Olufsen Sound System
  • av8tr2av8tr2 Posts: 1
    Hello CarMan,

Would appreciate your insight into the following lease options (considering both cars)

Q5 2.0 and TDI
    10K Miles / Year
    36 month term
    Stellar credit
    Audi Supplier Discount (MSRP-6%)

Would you please share with me the latest MF and Residuals?

Thanks!
  • Carman,

I am considering two cars. Both 2014 Q5. Can you tell me the MF and Residual for each @ 12k/mi at 36 and 39 months?

Config 1:
    2.0T Prem Plus
    Sport Package
    B&O
    sticker price 43745
    Audi Supplier Price 41120
    Audi Loyalty -1000
    Selling price 40120

Config 2
    3.0T Prem Plus
    Sport Package
    B&O
    sticker price 46645
    Audi Supplier Price 43846
    Audi Loyalty -1000
    Selling Price 42846
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 45,836
    I'm sorry, but it doesn't look like we'll have Audi lease numbers for August.

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hi, brand new here. Hoping someone can help.

I'm being quoted between $570 and $580 per month for a 36 month lease, 15k miles, $5,000 out of pocket for a 2014 q5 premium plus with nav, MSRP around $46,500. The payments seem high to me? What would a good price be for this lease?

Thanks very much
  • I have never leased a car so I appreciate your help. This is for a 36mo lease and 10k miles from Audi Springfield in Springfield, Missouri.

MSRP: $47,845
    Invoice: $44,564
    Tentative Negotiated price: $46,845

The dealer showed me a printout with a payment of $633/mo with $6,000 paid out of pocket (incl. 1st payment, security deposit, tax on down payment, license, title, and documentation). Is this a fair payment? If not, what should it be based on whatever latest lease numbers you have.

Thank you!
    cb4
  • disladisla NJPosts: 59
    You should be able to get much closer, if not below the invoice, the negotiated price seems too high.
    Additionally, why would anyone want to pay $6K up front, it's way too much, especially considering the resulting monthly payment. Take a look at the earlier posts for better deal numbers. Good luck!
  • Yeah that sounds like a pretty bad deal...

$6000 + ($633 * 36 months) = $28,788

You're essentially agreeing the car will lose 60% of its value (not the case), and you're still only getting 10k miles per year.

You may be able to negotiate the purchase price lower, but mainly you're getting killed on a totally wack estimate of the car's residual value after 3 years.

I haven't begun my own negotiations yet – but I would not agree to those terms.
    Hi Car_man:

My 2014 SQ5 is due at the dealer later this month. You were kind enough to share AFS August 2013 lease factors several weeks back. Do you have their September 2013 SQ5 lease factors? Looking at 36 month, 15K miles, SQ5 Premium Plus.

Thank you, sir!
This discussion has been closed.
Audi Q5 Lease Questions - Page 33 - Car Forums at Edmunds.com