Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi Q5 Lease Questions

Comments

• Q5 Black/Black Premium plus, Nav+ B/O +19"
    MSRP: $46,875
    Selling price: $45,076.25 plus tax and lic.
    Res: 48%, MF: 0.00108
    3K down, which some of that goes to Bank Doc fee, security deposit and first payment

Is it a good deal?
    BTW today my dealer told me that for November deals:
    LMF went from .00108 to .00105 and residual dropped 1%.
    Audi is also waiving security deposit on a lease.

Is it true?
  • Whats the monthly payment come out to?
    how many miles?
    how many months?
  • 36 Month
    15K mileage
    with downpayment of 4K
    (from down payment only ~1200 goes toward cap reduction)
    around 600 bank doc fee
    around 600 security deposit
    and first monthly payment covers the rest

monthly: 665+tax
  • If you meant $3K down, then I think that is a pretty good deal (I assume the 4K is a typo based on the other info provided).

Total payment with tax for you in NJ comes out to ~ $711 per month, which is 13 more per month than I negotiated for a car that had an MSRP of $46,550.

Only differences between us is that I picked a more expensive color but you got the 19 inch wheels.

The money factor and residuals have slightly changed between last month and now, but they definitely have some wiggle room there.

Maybe try to get them to come down another 5-10 per month, but that is probably close to the best you will do.

good luck and let me know what you decide to do!

I am absolutely loving this car and understand why so many people rate it so high on every site.
  • You're very welcome, dpix.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi jayrider. Good question. It is my understanding that in the event of an accident that totals a vehicle gap insurance will cover the difference between what you owe on your lease and what your car is currently worth on the open market. If you owe more than your car is currently worth, gap pays the bank that you are leasing through off. I do not believe however that the bank then refunds any money that was paid at signing to the lessee. If that is indeed the case, that money would be lost.

Car_man
    Host
  • I cannot confirm the mf or resid but the waiver of sec deposit on leases is true per audiusa.com website for these models:

2009 models: A8, S8 and TT models only
    2010 models: All except S5, S5 Cabriolet and R8 models

Sec dep waiver ends 1/5/2010.
  • I'm based in Manhattan and leased a 2010 premium plus Q5 (with the full navigation package) from a New Jersey Dealership:

MSRP: $45,700
    Agreed Value: $43,773
    Amount due on signing: $4,647 (of which $2044 tax and $740 Audi care). $0 down
    Monthly payment: $640
    3 yr lease w/ 10,000 miles per year.

This is the first car I have owned (have always lived in big cities with public transport). Would be curious to know if I got a decent deal.
  • disladisla Posts: 55
    hey, charliemango,
    I don't think it's such a good deal. The "due-at-signing" and the monthly payment seems too high for this lease, based on just 10K miles/y.
    You could buy it ind pay roughly the same!
  • Hi disla -- looking at some other peoles posts on this site, I thought that I had done pretty well with this. Not sure what state you are based in but in NY sales tax has to be paid upfront -- $640 includes tax. I paid $0 down on the car.
    I am in NJ, leased mine from Bell Audi in Edison.
    You could see my deal in my earlier posts, but here it is: Premium Plus (no navi), MSRP $42650 or so, negotiated price was at ~39K.
    12,000 mi/y, 42 mo. $2500 down(incl. 1st payment), $475/mo, incl. taxes
  • Sounds like you got a good deal - although I'm assumng the 475 should actually be 575 (based on your previous post).

I'm just trying to feel my way around this whole leasing thing, but if I were to get the same deal, wouldn't I have had to pay an additional 2,000 or so in taxes up front since I'm an NY resident, which would mean my "drive-off" fees would have been: $2,860 (based off your earlier post) + 2000 (approx. in taxes) = $4,860 upfront payment? Also, if you did not purchase aud care up front, adding another $700 or so to that would bring your upfront payment to $5,560.

Also, not sure how significantly this reduces monthly payment, but you took a 42 month lease to my 36, on a car with an MSRP about 3 grand less than my car - (you were able to negotiated approx 3 grand off whereas, I was only able to get 42 grand off).

Let me know if I'm totally off track here, but bascally seems that you got a better deal than I did, but mine doesn't appear to be too outlandish.
  • Carman, what is current MF and residual on the Audi Q5 in the ongoing Season Of Audi event? Is the MF or the residual on the car negotiable? I am new to leasing a car, please help.
  • Disla,

A little confused about your deal - did you really come away with lease payments of $475 including taxes? What was your base lease payment before taxes and do you know what the residual was?
    Oops, my bad :) My current payment is $575, not 475. I am not sure what the exact residual was, but somewhere around 50%. Base payment would be this amount - 7% NJ tax.
    Again, please not that it's for 42 mo lease with 12000 miles/year.
  • After a ton of research, I just leased my Q5 Prem Plus from Princeton Audi. Sticker Price was $47,350 including Nav, 19" tires, B&O Stereo and paint. Including Audi Service and fees out of pocket, lease was around $710 for 36m 12k. But the point here is that there is NO ONE BETTER to do business with. They were such a pleasure to deal with it was amazing! I knwo this sounds like an ad, but they were tremendous to deal with. Had the car since Friday...absolutly LOVE IT!! And the sound it fantastic.
  • Greetings ashishg. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Q5 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00105 and 49%, respectively.

You never mentioned what trim level, term, or mileage allowance you're interested in so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
  • Congratulations on getting your new Q5, audilover18. Thanks for taking the time to share your deal with everyone. I'm glad to hear that you had such a pleasant dealer experience. If you'd like, you can tell even more people about it by hopping over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Carman,

I have a quote for a 2010 Q5 premium plus lease for $539 + taxes. The details are:
    36 months & 10k miles
    Security Deposit $0 (waived during the Season of Audi Event)
    1st Month Payment $569
    Acquisition Fee $625
    Down Payment $2,499
    Due at Signing $4,900 (Includes taxes, title and dealer fees)

I get 6% off the MSRP ($42,500) through the Audi Supplier Program. Do you think this is this a good deal?
  • 6% off is about the best you're going to do based on all of my research.
  • Audilover, thanks for your reply. I am trying to plug in then lease figures to make sure that the quote is correct but I am not getting the same results. What should I use for the residual and money factor?
  • Frankly, I don't know...we just came up with figures and that was the deal.
  • It's better to put zero down on a lease. If you wreck the car, you will lose the $2500 down you put and your insurance won't cover it. There are other reasons, but that's the biggest.
  • Anyone know the lease money factor and residual values for the Audi Q5 Premium? Need 10,000, 12,000 and 15,000 mile values.
  • These are from November... but only for 15K miles... I used this site to inform my negotiations when I leased my Q5 back in September/October.

http://www.ridewithg.com/index.php/2009/11/2010-audi-q5-q7-lease-rates-november-- 2009/

2010 Audi Q5 3.2L Premium
    24-month | 15k miles | residual 56% | .00105 base money factor
    36-month | 15k miles | residual 49% | .00105 base money factor
    48-month | 15k miles | residual 42% | .00230 base money factor

2010 Audi Q5 3.2L Premium Plus
    24-month | 15k miles | residual 54% | .00105 base money factor
    36-month | 15k miles | residual 47% | .00105 base money factor
    48-month | 15k miles | residual 40% | .00230 base money factor

2010 Audi Q5 3.2L Prestige
    24-month | 15k miles | residual 51% | .00105 base money factor
    36-month | 15k miles | residual 44% | .00105 base money factor
    48-month | 15k miles | residual 37% | .00230 base money factor

Good luck!
  • Thanks mattstudney, This is great stuff. Just what I was looking for!
  • I just leased a Q5 from Marc Levine @ Bell Audi in NJ. Had a real nice experience. I highly recommend working with him no matter where you live. I leased from Marc 250 miles away because my local DC area dealers were almost completely unresponsive.

When I picked up the car, there were no surprises and it was out of there in an hour. They even picked me up at the Amtrak station.

I put $1500 down. My payment is $723/mo. 42mos @ 12k / yr. I might have been able to squeeze them down to $713 but relative to the other posts, $723 seemed reasonable.

The down payment didn't even cover VA taxes.

I got a White/Cinnamon 2010 Prem Plus / Nav / 19's / B&O sound / Audi Care / VA Taxes & Fees

Had to special order to get the color combination.

This car replaces a much loved '04 Cayenne S. The Q5 is a pretty comparable car before you consider the $20k price difference.

I read this forum for months before I pulled the trigger. Thank you all for your responses and insight.
  • What do you know about the current money factor and residuals on 2010 Q5 Prestige with 15K miles (price $53,500) ?

I live in California and the rates they are quoting seem way off - to get to their lease rate the money factor would need to be close to .00370 with a residual of 38% (they said it was 41% but the math didn't work out). I can't see any lmf anywhere published above .00105.

Thanks for the help.
  • Carman, would appreciate the Dec. residual and MF rates for the following on 2010 Q5 Prem Plus. Also heard its a 2% hit on residual for S-line, can you confirm? Thanks!

36months

42months
This discussion has been closed.