Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Q5 Lease Questions

Comments

• limomlimom Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the response. I did meet with the dealer over the weekend, and after I questioned it again, they did offer me the 36-month lease. Monthly was about $16 more per month for the 36-month lease. I am going to stick with the 39 which will bring me later into the year for negotiating a new lease next time. With the Q5 so popular there isn't much wiggle room; although, the prices are greatly improved over what was being offered to me last month. Just wish I could see what Monsoon Grey looks like and wish they would stop making so many cars with black interiors which limits the availability for me. With a panoramic sunroof, I am not interested in a black interior.
  • DIMNJDIMNJ Member Posts: 84
    Hi,

I have been quoted the following deal:
    2012 2.0T, Premuim Plus w/Navigation package, Advanced Key, tips and all-weather mats
    MSRP 44,750
    Neg. Price $43,300
    MF 0.00179
    Doc Fee: $239
    ACQ FEE $695.00
    NJ tax 7%
    Loyalty rebate -$750
    Out of pocket Payment $3000 (in reality will get reduced to $2414, since Audi picks up the 1st payment)
    42mo lease, 12K miles
    Residual 52%
    $585.97/mo
    The problem is that whenever I calculate this lease myself, using online lease guide calculator, I come up with a lower payment of $561.39
    What am I counting incorrectly and...is it a good deal in your opinion?
    An advice is appreciated!
  • adam0302adam0302 Member Posts: 7
    Hey CarMan,

Apologies if you've already quoted this... I scrolled back through the thread but could not find my answer. Can you tell me the mf and resid for a 2012 Q5 Premium at 39 months and 15k miles? The dealer gave me .00184 and 52%, respectively. Now that it's August 1st I don't know if I'm still at July rates, or whether they'll get better or worse.

Thanks!!
    Adam
  • espressomacespressomac Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2011
    I have a very similar request: 2012 Q5 Prestige at 39 months and 15K miles. Dealer quoted a money factor of .00242 (saw it on the computer screen) but I haven't seen any 2012 Audi Financial Services numbers for the Q5. Decided to wait for August to see if 2012 Q5 numbers were there.

Thanks!
  • norcal7norcal7 Member Posts: 1
    I did your calc on this web site and it almost equaled what the dealer quoted you:
    http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm
  • westside4westside4 Member Posts: 5
    Dear Car Man,

what the current going Money Factor and Residual Value on a 2012 2.0T Premium Plus (with and without a Navigation system if it makes any difference) with either 10K or 12K miles/yr?

Also, what are the chances that I can still walk out the door with waived first month + security deposit on lease if I don't accept the "off the shelf" lease terms? I'm assuming that's just part of the negotiation and it's all on the table.

Thx.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi Adam. Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2012 Q5 2.0T Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00179 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here you go espressomac. AFS' Aug. 39-month, 15k buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2012 Q5 Prestige are .00177 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi westside4. Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2012 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00159 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to find a dealer that is willing to lease you this truck using these terms.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks. That's more or less what I was offered.
  • blackdevlblackdevl Member Posts: 1
    Dear Car Man,

I was just quoted a money factor of .0017 and a 55% residual (10k per year) on a 2012 Q5 3.2 Premium Plus, with MMI Navigation, and S-Line package. The MSRP was 48370, and they were going to sell for 47300 (which would appear to be around 2k over invoice). They were going to take back my car 3 months early, they claimed they were eating the costs, but it seems with those numbers and the amount i still owe, they were adding that in. Do those numbers look ok to you?

Thanks!
  • jmorsjmors Member Posts: 6
    HI all-

Has anyone recently shopped around for a Premium Plus with navigation lease? I'm curious to hear the monthly payments and money down that have been quoted?

I'm in the NY/NJ area, so any local quotes would be great. Thanks.
    No problem adam0302.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi blackdevl. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, I have little doubt that you would be able to do better than $2,000 over invoice on this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • DIMNJDIMNJ Member Posts: 84
    edited August 2011
    jmors,
    I was quoted (end of July) 585/mo with $2400 total out of pocket, $750 loyalty and first payment being picked up by Audi on a black 2.0T Q5 Premium Plus with Navigation (MSRP $44750), 42mo lease, 12K miles/year, in NJ.
    The agreed on price was $43300, which is about $1300 over the invoice.
    I do have that offer in writing as I even gave a deposit on it, but could not wait for the car to arrive and bought a VW Touareg instead.
    I hope it helps, good luck!
  • nfanfa Member Posts: 2
    I received this quote today located in the Pacific Northwest:

2012 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus (Custom Order)
    MSRP $ 46,355
    42 Month Lease
    10,000 Miles/Year

53% Residual
    .002229 Money Factor
    $1,300 over invoice

Stated there is 1% mark-up included in the money factor, Car Man what are your thoughts about the mark-up and the residual?

Please provide current AFS residual and money factor.

Thank You!
  • instinct01instinct01 Member Posts: 1
    I was quoted this today:
    $600 pm lease with 4450 down. Car Cost 44,244; Residual 24K; Money factor .00119.
  • jsetoxjsetox Member Posts: 15
    edited August 2011
    Hi Car Man,

I was quoted the below today for the 2012 Q5 Premium from Audi of Meadowlands, let me know if those numbers sound about right or if I can negotiate some more.

39 MONTH Lease
    10K MILES
    594.22 A MONTH
    2016.72 DUE AT SIGNING
    .00179 MF
    RESID. 55% OR 22,041.25 BUY OUT

Thanks
    Johnny
    Car Man,
    let me know if the below two quotes sound right to you.

Thanks
    Johnny

Premium only

39 months 10k miles monthly 529.03 due 1961.53 .00179 55% or 20,061.50

Premium Plus 39 months 10k monthly 588.67 due 2021.17 .00179 55% or 22,420.25
  • cyndicatecyndicate Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

Please let me know if this sounds good to you for Southern California.

2012 Q5 Premium Plus 2.0 w/ Navigation

39 MO
    12K MILES
    54% RESIDUAL
    MF 0.00229

INV 41,580
    MSRP 43,775
    NEG. PRICE - 42,330 (750 over invoice)

$2500 due at lease, $613/mo + tax

Thing is I calculated invoice out to be $40,773, is this correct?

Thanks!
    Hi Johnny. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted look good. As far as the rest of this deal goes, it would be easier for me to evaluate it if you were to provide us with this truck's MSRP and selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello cyndicate. The money factor that you were quoted looks a little high. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 39 month lease of this truck is only .00179.

So the bad news is that it appears as though the dealer is marking your vehicle's money factor up a little bit. The good news is that the selling price that you were quoted, $750 over invoice is pretty good.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car Man,
    The Q5's selling price is not available yet, as this dealer is out of stock on the configuration that I want (Black on black with Premium Plus). They will be out of stock till the end of September. I will reply back once I get the MSRP and selling price from them.

Thanks
    johnny
  • mdxlesseemdxlessee Member Posts: 10
    Car_Man

You do an enormous service on this forum creating informed consumers.

We will be very grateful if you can please quickly post the Audi Financial residuals and money factors for September for 10K/12K/15K miles for the Q5s. We live in Oklahoma City, these are in short supply, and without local competition, there is no transparency about the quality of the deal without this kind of information. Thanks very much in advance.
  • psyched1psyched1 Member Posts: 1
    What Money Factor and Residual should I expect for 36 or 39 mo. lease?
    Thanks mdxlessee. Here you go. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Q5 2.0T Premium with 15,000 miles per year are 0.00159 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher. The 10,000 mile per year residual would be 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi psyched1. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Q5 3.2 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are 0.00157 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 0.00157 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Carman,

First, thanks for providing all of the info that you generously take your time to provide. Without you, many Audi buyers would be left to the power of the shady car salesmen and women. I ordered a Q5, 2.0t, premium plus, that will arrive in late october. Given that, i can renegotiate my lease terms if the rates favor me in October. My terms: 39 months @ 15k per year, MF .00179 and 52% residual. Have these numbers changed for my lease terms? Would like to be prepared should I need to make a phone call to my jerkface dealer. Thanks!! Adam
  • westside4westside4 Member Posts: 5
    Dear Adam0302:

Out of curiosity - what were you able to negotiate for the price of the car? Could you tell me the actual Invoice on your car and actual price. Also, what city/region are you in? (e.g. Southern California or Bay Area).

Thanks,
  • toomuch1toomuch1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carman~

I'd appreciate your thoughts on the following deal that I have right now. I'm new to leasing a car and want to make sure I am not leaving anything on the table with this deal.

2012 Q5 3.2L, nav, floor mats and metallic paint
    MSRP: $47,590
    Negotiated Price: $45,750
    Money Factor: .00177
    Residual: 54%
    Due at signing: $3,424
    Monthly payment: $640

Thanks!!
    Hey westside4,

Of course I don't really know the "real invoice" price.... you know those shady dealers are never really upfront with you about advertisement fees and etc. However, edmunds lists my invoice as $38,387. My final price was $39,225 (incl destination). It's $838 above 'invoice' and $1500 below the MSRP of $40,775 (incl. destination). It's a pretty good deal compared to some of the dealers who would only give me a $500 discount. I'm in the tri-state area. My dealer was New Country in Greenwich, CT (15 minutes from my house). Newton Audi (In Newton NJ) offered me "a car at invoice" but I found them to be shady and didn't trust them (plus they're 2 hours from me). Hope all this helps.

Adam
    You're very welcome Adam. Audi's lease program for this truck is still the same.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi toomuch1. Is this a 39 month lease? You never mentioned the term, but it looks like it.

As far as this truck's selling price goes, there is probably a spread of around $3,200 or so between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That probably puts the selling price that you were quoted at around $1,400 over invoice. That's not bad, but there's enough room there that if you are in an area that has a solid level of competition you may be able to beat this deal by a couple hundred dollars by shopping around.

Car_man
    Host
  • toomuch1toomuch1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carman,

Yes...the lease is a 39 mo lease. And thanks for the comments on the price of the vehicle. Any thoughts on the lease terms?
    Thanks Car_man. My arrival date is around 10/17, so I will check back with you that week to see if the lease terms have changed before I sign for the car. Thanks again!!
  • nfanfa Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

Can you please provide the September residual and money factor for a Q5 Premium Plus, 42 Month, 10,000 miles per year for someone who qualifies for top tier credit?

Thanks,

RMC
  • espressomacespressomac Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the previous info Car_man. Do you know if the same rates were maintained for September for the same conditions: Q5 Prestige, 39 months, 15K miles/year?

Thanks in advance.

Espressomac
    HEre's the information that you're looking for, nfa. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2012 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00179 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem espressomac. Yes I believe that this truck's September lease program is exactly the same as its August program was.

Car_man
    Host
  • pddypddy Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2011
    Hi I am considering a lease on a Q5 in the upper midwest. If possible, please post the money factor and residual for a 2.0 Premium Plus with 10K/year at 36 mo. Thanks!
    Here's the information that you're looking for, pddy. Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00159 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
  • habibahabiba Member Posts: 1
    wondering whats the lowest least price i can expect for Q5 premium + panoramic roof and heated seats, and premium plus package with 0 down

i'm getting 566$ for premium + panoramic roof and heated seats 0 down 21,333 residual. is this good? msrp 38,425$
  • twdubstwdubs Member Posts: 6
    Hi - looking for a recent buy rate for Audi mf's for Oct. Don Rosen in Conshohocken quoted me a 52% residual and a .00184 mf for a 39 mo/15k yr lease. Are mf's negotiable? I put together a deal sheet and sent over to dealer for a 2012 Q5 3.2 prem plus with B&O and navi.
  • dave1129dave1129 Member Posts: 11
    I ordered a 2012 Q5 2.0 with premium plus, navigation and smart key. My negoiated price was $1100 below MSRP which seemed fair. I'm locked in to August's lease rates/residuals though if Oct rates are better I can take them instead. What is the OCT MF and residuals for a 36 month lease with 15k or 12k. Also is the $800 for the Audi Care worth it? Thanks.
  • peruchaperucha Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    Hello Car Man

I'm wondering what's the lowest or fair price I can expect for my monthly payment of "leasing " for 39 months a 2012 Q5 2.0 T premium plus package, NAVI . 5k down payment. With 12,000 miles per year.

msrp 44,250$ as built (web page and sticker in window)

I went to the dealer in Miami and They told me monthly payments of U$620. Also that my 5k downpayment will include:

First Month Payment (U$620) so 38 payments will remain.
    Included was also: Acquisition Fee, dealers fees, title, etc.

Thank you very much
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Car_man will have specific money factor and residual answers for you....

But, in comparison, my local dealer has the same vehicle (2.0T, PremiumPlus, NAV) for 39mo, 10K/yr for $4000 due at signing and $499/mo. plus tax.. The $4000 includes all fees.. 12K/year is $15/mo. more... 6% tax would add about another $31/mo.. (and, maybe $250 to the money upfront)..

So... comparably... $4250 due at signing, and $545/mo, including tax..
    That's $750 plus $75/mo. better than your deal..

I've got all these numbers, because we were recently shopping for the same exact vehicle..

Hope that helps,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hi twdubs. Money factors are and aren't negotiable. They aren't in that banks set vehicles' buy rate aka lowest possible money factors. Dealers are not allowed to lower them...however dealers are often allowed to mark vehicles' money factors up in order to add additional hidden back-end profit to deals.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dave1129. Audi Care is actually a pretty good deal because the addition of it to a leased vehicle actually bumps its residual values up by 1%, partially offsetting the cost.

As far as this vehicle's lease program goes, Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00159 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi perucha. Your lease payment on this truck will depend upon what selling price you are able to negotiate. For now I will assume a $2,000 dealer discount.

According to mu calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus that has an MSRP of $44,240 and a selling price of $42,240 through Audi Financial Services right now for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $600.

I worked up a zero down lease for you because it is never a good idea to put money down when leasing. Consumers who do risk losing the money that they laid out if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
  • nilesdnilesd Member Posts: 4
    Does Audi offer a one payment lease where you pay all 36 months upfront. Considering a Q5PP and I only need 10K per year in mileage.
This discussion has been closed.