Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi Q5 Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi Need advice on the above post urgently as i am about to close the deal

Note: I also have weather mats worth $300 in the cost above and spoke to the dealer and negotiated for Audi care as well for the same price.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're very welcome Ben.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • scolon7scolon7 Posts: 1
    Received the following quote from a dealership and was curious whether this was a good deal. Seems like there is still room for negotiation...any feedback is helpful. Thanks...

2012 Q5 3.2
    42mos/10k per year $727 w$1750 down

2012 Q5 2.0
    42 mos/10kper year $705.11 w/$1750 down

Money factor for 3.2 is .00194 and the 2.0 is .00173

Includes discount of $1250 + $750 for loyalty
  • Here is a deal that 1 dealership has offered and another has matched for a moonlight blue/cinnamon 2012 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus with Navigation and floor/trunk all-weather mats for 36 month lease 10k miles/yr:
    1st month $597.89
    Tax $1987.55
    Inspection $10
    Tire Tax $12.50
    Doc Fee $75
    Bank Fee $695
    Total due at signing $3,377.94
    Residual 52%
    Buy Back $23,160.80
    Money Factor .00134
    MSRP 44,550
    Sell price 42,317.13

Does this sound like a good deal or should I wait for 2013s to be delivered? This deal includes the $750 loyalty rewards. I am on Long Island, NY. Thanks for your help!!
    Hi carnewbie2. This offer is at around $800 or so over dealer invoice with the use of Audi's buy rate lease money factor. That's a pretty good deal on a Q5 right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • azazello1azazello1 Posts: 1
    I am getting a quote from an Audi dealer for a 4yr/48k lease for a 2012 Q5 2.0 with Premium Plus, Navi package, 19" wheels, B&O sound, Audi advanced key, all weather floor mats. The MSRP is $46,750. The quoted price is $44k even. With a 4 year lease the residual quoted is $20,920. The money factor is .00336, which seems horribly high but they are saying it could improve based on credit report.

What do you think? Really would love to hear your opinion.
    Hi azazello1. I certainly hope that the money factor they quoted you would improve once they run your credit. Are they assuming that you're in bankruptcy. The figure they quoted you is nearly triple the best available factor for the Q5....00134 for 36-months and .00174 for 48-months. If your credit is in good shape, make sure that the dealer uses these factors to calculate your payment.

Having said that, the selling price that they quoted you for this truck looks great.

Just make sure to get the money factor straightened out and you'll be in good shape.

Car_man
    Host
  • brandmar1brandmar1 Posts: 17
    Hi Car_Man,

Looking for the money factors and residuals on an Audi Q5 3.2 PP - 12K and 15K for 36 months.

Thank you!
  • chrisch70chrisch70 Posts: 8
    My Q5 lease is coming to an end in October and I have the option to purchase my 2010 Q5 3.2 premium plus, 40k miles at lease end, with Nav + Bang soundsystem and premium wheels for $23k, which seems to be a good price, given the current rate for used Q5 (any thoughts on that?)

Also is anyone willing to share some experience dealing with Audi, when their Q5 lease came to an end? Are they willing to buy the car back, or did they even lower the set purchase price. For the latter, I assume not, as the cars value is in high demand and value is holding up.

If anyone can share their experience, I would really appreciate!

Cheers
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,004
    Yeah... that sounds like a great price on a 2010 3.2... Even four months from now...

Don't think I've seen a 3.2 model below $30K...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Here's thw information that you're looking for brandmar1. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Q5 3.2 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00094 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • marinabmwmarinabmw Posts: 3
    Hi Carman

Can you pls provide MF/ Residual for 2012 Q5 2.0 Premium for a 42 mo /12k lease?

Also, what should i expect off sticker ?...This car seems pretty hot right now.

Thank you ...appreciate your consideration.

Marina
  • wjlnycwjlnyc Posts: 1
    We are looking at the exact same car and options. And, we're moving to Long Island next month. So, I was curious what deal you ended up with? And, what dealer?
  • crossover1crossover1 Posts: 16
    Amzing the price increase in just three years. This does not make sense at all. Same car 3 years later the lease is $100 per month more despite the fact my residual value was $10K below market value at the lease end. This tells me that Audi can reduce the lease by $200 instead of increasing it by $100 and still make the same profit! Am I missing anything?
  • mdxlesseemdxlessee Posts: 10
    What you are missing is "risk". If the residual value is being assumed too low, the lessee has the option anyway to buyback and sell the car to autotrader or someone, and make the underestimated 10K that you estimate (thereby reducing the net cost of the lease). But Audi does not perhaps want to take the risk of assuming a 10K higher residual value at the start and then left with the risk of a loss at the end.
  • crossover1crossover1 Posts: 16
    All companies apply Risk Adversity! With $10k differential they can easily take ZERO risk on half that amount ($5K) and reduce the lease by $100 and make it more attractive and lease out more vehicles. But I really believe that the lease value just like the MSRP is driven not just by cost but by the placement of the product in the market place. As an example Audi does not want to place the Q5 in the same category of the Ford Edge, but with the BMW X3, Lexus RX350, etc.
    Hi Marina. Sorry that it took me a while to get back to you. I was away.

Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2012 Q5 2.0 Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00151 and 43%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the Q5 in your area right now, but I believe that Audi does not send a ton of them to the U.S. and the prices of the ones that do come here are relatively high.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_Man and all,

Looking for July and August numbers for Q5 2.0 Premium and Plus for both
    36 month and 42 month lease (12K miles /year) (I see the 42 month lease numbers for July, so just need it for August).

Thanks much,
    Fred
    p.s. definitely appreciate your info - used it to get a very nice lease price on a Subaru back in Feb. - thank you!
  • ok, here is what I found out (Car_man - please confirm)

Permium and Premium Plus have the same numbers for Aug:

36 months - MF=0.00151, residual = 49%

42 months - MF=0.00171, residual = 45%
  • 15ron7715ron77 Posts: 4
    Hello Car Man and all,

I am trying to find out the current MF and Residual for a 2012 Audi q5 2.0T. I am interested in either a 36 and 39mo lease with 15k/mo. I would like to get the lease as soon as possible. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Thanks Fred. Welcome back. Here's the latest information that you're looking for.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Q5 2.0 Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00131 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00151 and 48%.

The numbers for the '12 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus are exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello 15ron77. Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Q5 2.0T with 15,000 miles per year are .00131 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00151 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
  • lbr2013lbr2013 Posts: 5
    Car man,
    Thank you for the service.
    Can you tell me what the residual and buy rate is for the money factor on:
    2012 Premium Plus Audi Q5 2.0T 10K Lease

36 months
    39 months
    42 months

Thank you
    You're very welcome, lbr2013. Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Q5 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00131 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00151 and 51%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00151 and 49%.

Car_man
    Host
  • leaseeleasee Posts: 1
    below is the deal I am being offered on an 2012 Audi Q5 2.0 Remium with Options (conv pckg, sunroof, heated FSeats, mats). Any insight on whether or not this is a good deal is appreciated.

15K mi/year 3-year lease

Price $37,070 (below invoice) + (-$750) rebate) Total disc off MSRP $3,380 approx

Money Down: $2,080
    Monthly payments: $575

OR

Money Down $3,400
    Monthly Payment: $535/mo

Good or Not Good? im thinking its pretty good

Many thanks
  • lbr2013lbr2013 Posts: 5
    You can use the http://www.theautoleasecalculator.com/ to calculate the exact deal. I would recommend asking the dealer for fees, money factor, etc.
    The money factor buy rates are on the forum, so try to get as close as you can to save money.
  • nmaudinmaudi Posts: 1
    Sounds like a good deal. Is this a solid color (Ibis white/black) or you have a metallic color?

I am looking to buy, aiming for $3500 off since the 2013 will be with the dealers in a few days.

Anyone else having a similar experience with rebates right now?
  • aseemdaseemd Posts: 1
    Here is what I am getting on a Q5 2.0,4cyl

MSRP: $37,270 (includes 895 for destination charge and $475 for paint).

The offer quoted is 6% off MSRP = $35,033

Does not include $800 for the service offer. Does not include sunroof and Heated front seats that we want. What do you folks think?
  • I am currently in the market for a Q5 and would be interested in purchasing yours if that would be something you are open to.

Let me know, mike.
  • asplattasplatt Posts: 4
    edited August 2012
    Hi, I was wondering what amount people were paying (total and monthly lease) for a 2012 Audi Q5 3.2 for 36 months and 10,000 miles per year?

thanks!

Adam
This discussion has been closed.