Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Q5 Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    " are readers allowed to comment good or bad on specific dealers they have used or is that not allowed on this site. "

Sure, but please use the same guidelines listed at the bottom of each page:
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post last names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Also: To post a review of the dealership, please use Edmunds Dealer Ratings & Reviews. http://www.edmunds.com/dealer-reviews/

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the posting guidelines.

I am looking for 36 month lease 10k or 12k annually on a Q5 premium.

Can I get the MF and Residual?

Also, any idea what kind of price is reasonable, I assume invoice is not.

Is finding a Q5 without the sunroof even an option - from the Audi website, it looks like cost is $1500 and we rarely use it.

Any suggestions on reputable dealers in Northern NJ are appreciated.

Thanks for the info.
  • ekh443ekh443 Member Posts: 20
    That seems like a great deal. I'm not getting anywhere close to those numbers. What state are you in?

Thanks,

Eric
  • anh3anh3 Member Posts: 75
    Seattle WA. Now we're being offered $800 over invoice, I'm tempted to push for $500! Seems like every dealer wants security deposit for new leasee, so with 9.8% tax, $1095 acquisition fee, dealer and DMV fees rolled in we're looking at $688/mo. on .00159 money factor. First month's payment and security deposit $700 due at signing.

MSRP $46845, selling $44,408
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey audibg. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 3.0T Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00164 and 51%, for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    edited October 2012
    Hi albert72. As you suspected I doubt that you will be able to get this truck at invoice. $500 to $1,000 over is much more likely. Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 2.0T Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00118 and 49%, for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You absolutely can comment on good or bad experiences with dealers here. In fact, it's encouraged. We just ask community members to refrain from posting salespeoples' names.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go albert72. AFS' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 2.0 Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00159 and 58%, for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Wait a second...didn't I just answer this ;). Please see my previous reply for more info. Thanks albert72

Car_man
    Host
  • albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    Thanks Car_man.

By the way, I am impressed - working on a Sunday morning at 6:30am.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    9:30 AM on the East coast.... :P

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ekh443ekh443 Member Posts: 20
    anh3,

So what is your total drive off on that deal?

Eric
    Shhh, don't make me look lazy ;). 9:30's still pretty good. Hey, I'm working in the middle of a hurricane right now. That counts for something right :P ?

Car_man
    Host
  • radoncgsradoncgs Member Posts: 60
    hi, thanks for the message. i am also looking at q5 in seattle area. wondering is the quote from the bellevue or university in seattle? thanks for sharing.
  • treasureshelltreasureshell Member Posts: 4
    hi Car Man,

Could you please let me know what is the MF and Residual Value on a 2013 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus in the Los Angeles Area.

My husband is getting me the car, the ultimate "push" present for having our 1st baby!!

This is the quote that I received from a dealer, but it seems high when compared to other's lease experience here on the board.

MSRP: $45,995 (with MMI and Audi Key options)
    Sale Price: $42,995

Cash Due: $4,500
    Miles: 12,000
    Lease Payment: $613 for 36 months

Our credit is in the 800's.

Thanks so much in advance!

-angela
    Congratulations on your pending arrival, Angela. You're lucky, my wife got a Subaru not an Audi when we had our last little one ;). Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00159 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • treasureshelltreasureshell Member Posts: 4
    hi Carman!

thanks so much for your response. I contacted the dealer and haggled some more and they agreed to lower the MF to .0017, we'll be picking up the car this week. :D

I know it's probably not possible to get .00159 since all dealers need to make money somehow, but basically with all the info I had in hand (thanks to you), I knew the exact dollar amount of profit that they will be making and basically asked them to come in in the middle :) We have a good existing relationship with this dealership so I certainly don't want to low ball them either.;)

Is AudiCare worth buying on a lease?

So here is the final $ on the deal for other's reference:

2013 Audi Q5 2.0 Premium Plus
    MSRP: $45,995 (Options: MMI, 19inch Wheel, Audi Key)
    Negotiated Sale Price: $43,995
    Invoice: $43,593

Lease Terms:
    MF: 0.0017
    Residual: 58%
    Cash Due: $4,500
    36 Month with 12K Miles per year
    Monthly Payment: $570~(Tax Included)
    You're very welcome, treasureshell. I'm glad that my post helped you out.

Audi Care is actually a pretty good deal. Unlike many other pre-paid maintenance plans Audi Care provides lessees with a 1% boost to their vehicle's residual value, which lowers their lease payment and partially offsets the plan's cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • radoncgsradoncgs Member Posts: 60
    edited November 2012
    Hi, Car_man,
    Could you tell me the MF, Residual value on q5 2.0, 12,000 miles for 36 months for the Nov month ? Thanks.
  • bridenbriden Member Posts: 18
    Car_man... those numbers seem pretty awful. Can you confirm .00164 and 51% are correct for a 2013 Q5 3.0 Premium Plus?

Also, do you know the threshold score for AFS' top credit tier?

TIA! :)
  • troot21troot21 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I'm looking at leasing options for an Audi Q5 in Chicago & I received this quote back from a dealer:

DESTINATION CHARGE $895
    Q5 2.0T QUATTRO TIPTRONIC($35,900)

$38,245.00 Selling Price
    695.00 Lease Acquisition Fee
    161.38 Documentation Fee
    2,801.28 Sales Tax
    219.00 State Fees

$42.121.67 Total

I am using the 39 month term with 10k miles per year. With $2,500 down the monthly payments would be $565 per month and with $5,000 down they would be $496 per month. $450 I'd need to put $6,700 down.

Is this a good deal? Thanks
    Sure radoncgs. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 2.0 Premium or Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00159 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • carbuyer2015carbuyer2015 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2010
    Car man

So the residual has dropped from 58% to 56%? Is anyone seeing negotiated prices coming in for a pretty loaded model premium, navigation, audi key, and bang and olfsen coming in near invoice? I am looking in New England.

Thx.
    Hi briden. Those were the October numbers. The November program is different...but not much better. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2013 Q5 3.0 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00161 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. I don't know the cut-off for that tier off of the top of my head, but I can look into it for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • spinfunkyspinfunky Member Posts: 30
    Hi Car_Man

Sorry if I missed it in early posts but can you tell me what the November numbers are for a 42 mo lease on Q5 Premium Plus with 12k. I've gotten some numbers from a dealer which seem relatively high. If I recall correctly 52% or 54% with 0.00179. Is the 179 just a mark up from 159 and are they looking to make a pretty penny. I don't have the figures with me but it wind up being like $584/mo with 4500 down (tax, destination and 1st mo).

My only exposure to leasing was with an Infiniti where the numbers are way more favorable on a similar MSRP.

Thanks in advance
    Car_man, by "top credit tier," did you meant the super preferred - highest tier?

thanks,
    Here you go spinfunky. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2012 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00179 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes

Car_man
    Host
    Thank You Car_man. I am glad to hear the numbers I am quoted are genuine, and without breaking down the specifics $584 / mo to 2.0 premium plus with tech navi plug, key option and metallic paint isn't so bad.

As I learn the leasing world (this being potentially my second lease) its amazing that you can get a car like infinti with a close msrp but yet such different monthly payment. Obviously residual value of the car and money factor is key but when I leased my g37 coupe in 2010 the numbers were not that far off from numbers above, but monthly payment is.

Thanks again and great msg board.
    $46170 selling $43628
    56% residual (for Nov.)
    $1645.81 cash drive off includes 1st month payment, $700 security deposit, and 260 licensing
    $695 acquisition fee rolled into lease
    36 mos, 12k/yr
    $685/mo. includes taxes

reasonable deal? Almost signed until we found out deal won't take credit card and we told them we'll be back with a check....
  • raviaravia Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman / others pls advise,

can you pls help with me the lease rate factor and residual value that should be applied for top tier credit customers.

the MSRP says $46045 and I am offered 6% discount @ $43336 and If I pay 3K down the monthly lease is $623 for 10K (36 months) in North California

any thoughts how I can better this.

Thanks
  • roxanne1010roxanne1010 Member Posts: 63
    Hello Car_man,
    Going to return my MB ML350 AWD lease at the end of December and wanted to lease the same MB 2013 ML350 but having a hard time getting a good deal. I'm possibly interested in leasing a Q5 premium plus instead with Nav and rear side airbag. Going to go test drive it this weekend.
    I wanted to know the numbers for Nov for a 36 month/10k lease? Any incentive for leasing an Audi instead of a Mercedes? Also, do you expect better lease deals on this car in December? Does Audi have some sort of supported Winter lease event like Mercedes and Lexus do?
    You're very welcome spinfunky. I'm glad that you like it here.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ravia. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are 0.00159 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello roxanne1010. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

The leases on the Q5 really aren't that great right now. This lease program is scheduled to run through the end of the year. It's possible, but not likely, that Audi would make an unscheduled enhancement to it.

I'm not aware of any conquest cash for switching from a Mercedes to an Audi.

Car_man
    Host
  • roxanne1010roxanne1010 Member Posts: 63
    Thanks Car_man,
    I will take your advice into consideration and probably reconsider leasing the Q5. It seems that Lexus has great deals on the RX350 so I am going to look into.
    You're welcome roxanne1010. The Q5 is a really nice vehicle, but...if you're trying to get a good deal on a luxury SVU this is probably not the place to look.

Car_man
    Host
  • carbuyer2015carbuyer2015 Member Posts: 3
    Leased audi q5 in New England area. Premium plus, nav, smart key, audi care, and 19 wheels. 44.3k with .00159 MFS, and 57 Residual. Extra percent on residual for adding audi care almost pays for the care itself. Payment of 554 per on with 6k down to pay taxes and some cap cost.
  • suvbuyer007suvbuyer007 Member Posts: 1
    Hmmm, I would have expected a lower monthly payment for 6k down. That 6K is probably the total amount, including taxes and fees, due at signing
  • npanitsasnpanitsas Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man,

I was considering leasing a 2013 Q5 Premium Plus, 10k/36mo. After negotiating the price for the car, the payment didn't line up with calculations using the money factor or residual provided here. To get to their quoted payment, it seemed clear the dealer marked-up the money factor to offset a lower negotiated sales price.

The dealer wouldn't reveal what they were using for these values, which was of course suspicious but not totally unexpected.

Are these published rates that dealers should follow or simply guidelines from Audi Financial Services?

Are dealers required to offer rates/terms set by Audi Financial Services?

Your insight is greatly appreciated - Thanks!
  • nn_miaminn_miami Member Posts: 3
    Hi Fellows,

I have recently re-located to Miami from overseas. As a result, I currently have no credit scrore whatsoever.

I am interested in leasing a 2013 Audi Q5 Premium Plus (sunroof, navigation etc.) for my use. Audi has a special leasing program, where in they lease vehicles to International Executives, who necessarily do not have the best credit score in the country (due to new relocation / move to USA).

Based on all information from the local dealerships in Miami, I have been quoted approx. $700 per month (based on monthly payments + apportioning the down payment of $1.5K for tag, title etc.).

This is obviously super high, considering what I have read on this forum.

Can someone guide me into the basics of leasing or suggest me a dealership around Miami, so that I can save myself from being screwed royally by the dealerships here.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,
  • deepanveedeepanvee Member Posts: 5
    Hi
    First of all welcome to USA.
    I also moved to USA last year and bought Audi through foreign business professional program. My emi is $623 with $3600 drive away price including all taxes dealership fees etc. it's 2012 premium plus 2.0 With nav. I also negotiated Audi care. I am in NJ
  • deepanveedeepanvee Member Posts: 5
    Other details. I think you should break up like this to get better understanding and comments from other users on where you could negotiate. Moreover being Thanksgiving and holiday season I am sure you could negotiate a better deal.
    Dealer - Town Motors Englewood, New Jersey. 
    Q5 premium plus package + Nav+Audi Care+Car Mats Invoice price= 42993 
    Lease months = 42 Mileage = 10,000/yr 
    Money factor = 0.00176
     Residual Value = 21596 or 49%
     Monthly payments = $623.11
     Initial Charges = $3871.63(First month+$399 for registration+$695 bank fee+$249 documentation fee+$7.50 tire tax+$1898.02 Sales tax)
  • scfamilyscfamily Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

I'm looking to lease a 2013 Q5 3.0T Premium Plus. Can you tell me what the current lease rate factor and residual value % is? I am interested in a 42 mo. lease with 10k miles a year.

Also, do you think the lease rates will be better if I wait until December? Thanks.
  • ken954ken954 Member Posts: 13
    I'm looking to lease a 2013 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus w/ Nav (purchasing in Michigan, but titled in Florida). Does anyone have updated residual and money factor info for November / December? I'm also considering a Lexus RX350 and BMW X3, trying to obtain data to work my best deal. I have another lease vehicle to turn in Dec 9th, so can hold off a bit if there's an indication that Audi will offer something better soon.

Thanks!
  • elle13elle13 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    Hi All,

Should I buy out, CPO, and warranty my 2009 Q5 3.2 Audi (all in) for $25K?

or

Lease a 2013 Q5 2.0 similarly equipped using the equity from the lease for $460/mo, 42 mo, 12k/year?

Thanks for any and all responses,
    Elle :confuse:
  • fugazzi24fugazzi24 Member Posts: 8
    AUDI Q5 2.0T- 36 month, 15k Lease

Audi Q5 - MSRP $45,400ish , offered to us at $43,400ish

Residual 54%
    MF .00179
    Monthly payment $525
    $5000 cap reduction
    $3000 due at signing.

This is far more money than we wanted to put down but I was trying to work with the guy and we ended up leaving because I did not like the deal after reviewing the posts on this board.

For December what can I reasonably expect for a Residual and MF for the Q5?

Thank You
  • lgq5lgq5 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

Thanks for your excellent info.

Is it better to Lease NOW in December 2012 or Wait until January 2013? I'm not sure as I am new to leasing.

I'm looking to lease a 2013 Q5 3.0T Premium Plus. Can you tell me what the current lease money factor and residual value % is? I am interested in a 36 mo. lease with 15k miles a year.

Thanks,
    Forgive my ignorance but are you saying 8k out of pocket in order to get to $525 a month?
  • lbr2013lbr2013 Member Posts: 5
    Carman,
    We are leasing a 2013 Audi Q5 Premium plus this month.
    Can you tell me:
    -the money factor
    -residual at 10K miles 3 years

Our dealership is saying the rates change in December. I wanted to check and see if that was true as well.

Thank you
  • fugazzi24fugazzi24 Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2012
    Yes it was about 8K out of pocket, that is why I did not take the deal. I was looking at the numbers and he was not being very flexible so I left. This was based on November lease pricing so hopefully December gets better. Otherwise I am leasing the new Acura RDX for much, much less.
    While that is indeed expensive out of pocket for a lease IMO, it sounds genuine or along the lines of the deal I am getting. I am on order (delivery in January) for 2.0 premium plus moonlight blue metallic / gray interior, with navi, advanced key and 19 inch wheels at $584/mo with $4700 out of pocket (including tax pre-paid, 1st mo, bank fee and rest towards cap reduction). I think the msrp for this setup is $46,470 or something like that but clearly sales price is lower, else math doesn't add up. This is also using November 0.00179 and 52% on a 42mo 12k lease. I am hoping that by the time I take delivery (early jan) numbers dip and I can negotiate.

As car_man mentioned earlier the q5 deals (not to mention audi if you ask me) has some unfavorable lease deals. With Acura or Infinti your money goes ways further, but its all matter of wants vs. needs and paying for those needs. I have a 2010 infinti g37x coupe and with a similar msrp but no where near of q5 mo payments. Obviously different year and different numbers but money goes further.

Good Luck to you.
This discussion has been closed.