Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi Q5 Lease Questions

Comments

• Help!! :)
    I was at a dealership in San Diego and after many hours, came out with this offer on a 2013 Q5 Premium Plus 2.0

$41,385 ($1000 off MSRP), $4000k down, 10k miles/yr, 42 mo lease, $564/mo without Audi care.

From all the research I've done and the messages I've read, this does not seem like a good deal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
  • hit22hit22 Posts: 5
    Keep looking. That is high. Check 36 months - the residual is higher thus payment is lower. I'm in NY and got 36 month, 10K ,$3,000 down, 42,300 MSRP Premium Plus, Advanced key and floor mats....$483 per month. Good Luck.
  • exophthalmosexophthalmos Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    Hi Carman, very informative blog! I'd like to lease a Q5 but do not have top tier credit score (I recently did a short sale on a condo). Can I use my bank or other financial institutes if I can get a better rate? Or Audi financial service is my only option....

I like the multiple security deposit option to buy down MF (just like BMW FS). Where can I get more info on that?
    Thanks,
    John
  • I just got this quote after lots of work so I would like to know how we'll I did, if I did.
    Audi Q5 3.0T
    Msrp: 46,070 down to 43670.
    After taxes and fees total is 47,345$
    2,500$ Down 36 months @ 15k miles payment is 688$
    Same everything but 39 month 681$
    Same everything but 42 month 662$
    Meeting with one more dealer tomorrow and bringing these specs to see if they will beat. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
  • lumennyclumennyc Posts: 1
    What dealer in NY were you able to get that deal from?
  • We're in the NY area as well and also received an offer for $522 per month on the Premium with $4500 down. That seemed awfully high to me, and so I started doing more research. Would you mind sharing the dealership you received your Audi from? Anything you could share would be helpful.
  • Hi Car_man, can you please post new May lease details for 2013 Audi Q5 3.0 Premium Plus based on 12,000 miles for 36, 39 and 42 months? Also, any incentives for this vehicle? Thank you so much.
  • ddjohns1ddjohns1 Posts: 2
    Thanks this was very helpful. Finalized the lease yesterday at 0.00177, so pretty close to the dealer cost.
  • roadrageeroadragee CaliforniaPosts: 70
    edited May 2013
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please post AFS May lease rates for 2013 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus 12,000 miles for 36 month? Thank You!
  • mankumanku Posts: 33
    A friend of mine just leased a Q5 for his wife here in LA...he paid around 2K drive off (I assume it included first month, state fees & taxes plus bank fee of $695) and is paying around 730 including 9% tax, 10k miles a year. The sticker was around 46-48K...I'm not even sure they got Audicare.

It seems REALLY high to me...I realize that the Q5 is very much in demand these days (top 10 days on lot for ALL cars in USA), but I just leased a 49K allroad for ZERO driveoff and 550/month including taxes. Seems like a really high (nearly 10K over three years) premium for the Q5.

My friend always thinks he gets a great deal and is a fantastic negotiator - it seems that he was taken to the cleaners here though!

Comments?

Thanks.
    for 46-48k range, 2k driver off and 730 monthly seem awfully high, especially for 10k miles/yr.

I just did a calculation..
    MF 0.00139
    Residual 56%
    MSRP 47,345
    Final price 47,000 (Basically only a discount amount of $345)

with 9% tax, you get $730/month.
  • hit22hit22 Posts: 5
    Sorry for the delay. I went to Atlantic Audi in Islip, NY.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Thanks John. I suspect that there probably is other banks out there that would lease an Audi, but if you lease through an independent bank you miss out on any lease support that is currently available on leases through Audi Financial Services. Plus, I really don't think that any other bank would necessarily be any more lenient in its credit standards than AFS would.

I'm not aware of any website that has details on the multiple security deposit option, you will probably have to ask a dealer.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi estebanbruin. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 3.0 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year .00139 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00159 and 52%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00159 and 50%.

The only cash incentive on this truck right now is $1,000 owner loyalty cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for roadragee. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00139 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Can someone please provide the May residuals and money factors for the Q5 3.0 prestige trim? 24 and 36 month leases, at 12k miles per year? And the same information for a 24 month/12k a year lease on the Q5 3.0 premium plus trim? Many thanks.
  • beachybummbeachybumm Posts: 2
    I leased a 2013 A4 in July 2012 for $441/mo and no money down. I'm 10 months into the lease and have only put 6000 miles onto the car. My needs have changed and I'm interested in a 2013 Q5. I don't want to get killed by my dealer, even though I'm sure they'd be happy to start a new lease with me.

Is there any chance I'll be able to a Q5 base model for the same monthly price as the A4? I have excellent credit and I noticed they're running a $1000 Audi owner incentive on the Q5.

I live in SoCal.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
  • beachybummbeachybumm Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Hey Car Man,

Can you give me the residual and MF numbers for a base model Q5 with 10,000 miles per year? Thanks
  • gericogerico Posts: 23
    Does anyone know if you can do MSD's on the Q5 2.0 Premium Plus right now ?
    The dealer I'm talking too is saying I can't because Audi is waiving the security deposit right now.
    If you can do them, how many can you do ?
    And how much does each one reduce the Money Factor by ?

Also, what should the current residual value be at for a 36 month lease with 10k miles per year ?
    The dealer is telling me its 55%

And lastly, what should the base Money Factor be ?
    The dealer is telling me its .00189
    Which is higher than what's being mentioned in previous posts here.

Thanks in advance for any help given.
    Thank you CarMan! Much appreciated. You are my hero!
  • gericogerico Posts: 23
    Thanks for the link.
    I actually had found that one before I posted.
    What I'm hoping to find out is if anyone knows if it can be done now since Audi is not requiring a security deposit.
    That's what this dealer is telling me.
    And I'm hoping it's not true since the MSD's can reduce the monthly lease payment by over $50/month.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,432
    Some dealers are weird about MSDs, and others don't care... I wonder if it cuts into the finance reserve that gets kicked back from Audi Finance?

While I have no actual knowledge of the program that doesn't require a security deposit, it doesn't seem likely that it would affect the MSD program... After all, the MSDs are extra security deposits..

It sure doesn't work that way with BMW... like most brands, loyal customers don't have to pay a security deposit... but, they can still do MSDs....

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Here you go ljcdclakerfan. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Q5 3.0 Prestige with 12,000 miles per year are .00139 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00139 and 51%.

The money factors for the 2013 Q5 3.0 Premium Plus are the same, but its residual values are 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi beachybumm. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2013 Q5 with 10,000 miles per year are .00139 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome roadragee :) .

Car_man
    Host
  • kennethzkennethz Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Hi Car_man,

I'm new to this forum.....planning to buy a Q5 in a month.
    Received an offer from a local dealer today:
    Car: Q5 2.0T Premium Plus MMI,B&O,19.5 wheels
    MSRP:$46845
    Price: $44288 +tax +audi care+fee = out the door $49594
    Out of Pocket:$3000
    Term: 36 month 12000 miles/year
    Lease payment:$648.57/month

I know this may not be a reasonable but just wondering what should be the rignt leasing price for this car...

Thank you!
  • unionwunionw Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

Close to a lease purchase and want to see if I'm in the ballpark.
    Can you help provide money factor and residual on Q5 2.0T Premium Plus - MM nav, B&O, 19.5,
    42/month, 10k/yr?
    And what portion, if any of the cash on delivery are generally negotiable?
    Thank you
    Welcome kennethz. The selling price that you were quoted for this truck actually looks pretty good to me. I'd eyeball it at probably around $500 over invoice. Just make sure to ask for a complete breakdown of what is being added to that price to come up with the capitalized cost.

Once you are comfortable with that, have the dealer calculate your payment using Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor of .00139 (for top credit tier customers).

$3,000 is a lot of money to pay at lease signing as well. How does that break down? I always advise consumers to pay as little as possible at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Sure unionw. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2013 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00159 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You really don't have to pay anything, or much other than your vehicle's first month's payment at signing if you don't want to. In most areas things like sales tax, the acquisition fee, etc can all be rolled into your vehicle's capitalized cost to make them part of your monthly lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.