Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

upgrading early '07 to XM and open door turns map light on

etguyetguy Member Posts: 3
edited April 2014 in Hyundai
I just purchased a used early build '07 SF. I have my order on a couple of salvage yard search lines for an '07 XM radio. Do either the '08 or '09 radios fit or match the '07 instrument panel? What has to happen with the antenna? Is it just one cable for AM/FM/XM? Can I just swap the antenna and radio? Re the map light: Does anyone have any info on the cable to make the map light come on with the open door like how it's routed or a part number for the cable or kit?

Comments

• etguyetguy Member Posts: 3
    I saw a post bemoaning the fact that the parts list with prices was no longer available and a reply confirming the fact but saying that the service manual is still on line. How do I access the service manual?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Try the Hyundai Service website.
  • drwoodrdrwoodr Member Posts: 88
    Regarding the map lights, I had my 2007 fixed by Hyundai. It's not just a cable, they replaced the entire overhead assembly.
  • geecemangeeceman Member Posts: 3
    I went to the service site and registered and looked around. I notice when searching for Santa Fe's it list CM and SM. I have a 2007 Limited AWD which one refers to my vehicle? I'm new at all of this forum stuff I hope this is not a stupid question.
  • drwoodrdrwoodr Member Posts: 88
    The first generation (2001-2006) of the Santa Fe was the SM, the 2007 to present is the CM.
This discussion has been closed.