Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Outlander rear seat

costello1costello1 Member Posts: 60
edited April 2014 in Mitsubishi
I have a 07 xls Outlander and love it . I was wondering why did  Mitis put that worthless back seat in a small CUV ??  I thnk it is worthless and would rather have that space as hidden strorage space like I had on my Montero Sport . Does anyone use that seat?? My teenage son can't sit in it.

Comments

• comem47comem47 Member Posts: 399
    That's why I bought an '07 LS vs XLS. I didn't want all the extras like the 3rd row seats and low profile tires (it's an SUV, not a sports car and taller profile/narrower tires are better in snow and less prone to damaging rims with potholes.). Some of the XLS's also had the expensive NAV system, which I didn't want either. As for the storage space, instead of the rear seat: it's not much space but I removed the styrofoam organizer insert to gain a little more space where I've put some tools and the towing ball mount for the hitch. The storage space cover is a bit primitive in its attachment, but works for me.
  • toomanyfumestoomanyfumes Member Posts: 1,019
    I'm guessing they did it so they can call it a 7 passenger vehicle. The cheesy seat is pretty laughable. Maybe you could use it in a pinch. Mine does'nt have it either.
    2012 Mustang Premium, 2013 Lincoln MKX Elite, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander.
  • gene_vgene_v Member Posts: 235
    My Grandchildren boy 9 and girl 4 love the seats.
This discussion has been closed.