Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Service Engine Soon Light

larrykellerlarrykeller Member Posts: 5
edited August 2014 in Pontiac
I have a 2001 GrandAm with about 79k miles
My SES light just came on, engine runs fine, no problems, but concerned about the light. Also, my heat/ac fan switch has stopped working on 1 and 2, works fine on 3 4 and 5. Any connections there?

Comments

• burdawgburdawg Member Posts: 1,524
    For the SES light, check the fuel cap to see if it's on properly and the seal isn't cracked or otherwise damaged.
    The fan problem is most likely the fan resistor board, which has been discussed in this forum many times, but under other topics.
  • nycgirl1nycgirl1 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2010
    Hi all

My car Need a NY State Inspection . The auto shop change the following:
    EGR Valve
    CHANGE OIL
    PCV VALVE
    THERMOSTAT
    filters
    wires & plugs (Adelco)
    After the above change only the left service engine light is on

Thanks much for your replies.
  • usmcgiolinhusmcgiolinh Member Posts: 2
    Get a new fuel cap.
  • larrykellerlarrykeller Member Posts: 5
    the service vehicle soon light came on cause I had a headlight out.
    The tech told me that any time any sensor goes out, such as a headlight, the service vehicle soon light comes on.
  • larrykellerlarrykeller Member Posts: 5
    the service vehicle soon light came on cause I had a headlight out.
    The tech told me that any time any sensor goes out, such as a headlight, the service vehicle soon light comes on.
  • burdawgburdawg Member Posts: 1,524
    A headlight isn't a sensor. I've had headlights go out, and have never had the service light come on. Was the OBD read for the diagnostic code?
  • madisonman88madisonman88 Member Posts: 1
    i have two servce engines lights 1 over rpm and 1 over speedo showing no codes but 1 over speedo still on wat may cause that
This discussion has been closed.