Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Honda Pilot

commanderscommanders Member Posts: 7
edited September 2014 in Honda
Any word yet on color selections for the 2010 Pilot? Features/Specs?

Comments

• bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    4 year new model, minor to moderate change in 2 years, so expect no change in 2010 one...
  • ncsu_wolfpackncsu_wolfpack Member Posts: 5
    Any idea when the 2010's will start hitting the dealerships?
  • rexfrexf Member Posts: 20
    Does anyone have any information if Honda intends to address the shortcomings noted by Edmunds and others in the 2009 Pilot? Namely, marginal horsepower, lackluster fuel economy and lousy braking distances. I'm waiting for Honda to fix these issues, otherwise it looks like the 2010 Mazda CX-9 is the vehicle for me.
  • puckman5puckman5 Member Posts: 3
    Nimbus Gray and Sterling Gray to be replaced by Polished Metal Metallic (Black and Gray interior only for this color). Billet Silver Metallic to be replaced by Alabaster Silver Metallic.
  • commanderscommanders Member Posts: 7
    Too bad. Wife isn't wild about any of the color choices in 09. Liked the light blue or green metallic of the 08. Any idea if the power tailgate or ??? will migrate down to the EX-L? She wants that, but could care less about Bluetooth, trailer harness, etc. What's your source? Couple salesmen I've talked to claim ignorance. (Understandable; they want to sell 09's now, not wait to maybe sell a 10 in Sep.) Wonder where the 10 sales brochures are being printed? I'll bet the pressman has to sign a non-disclosure statement. :)
  • cb35cb35 Member Posts: 27
    here is what I found about the 2010

2010 HONDA PILOT CHANGES

Styling: Pilot earns crossover cred by blending the blocky profile and high ground clearance of an SUV with a car-type unibody structure. Peel its sheet metal and you’ll find not a truck frame but basically the same chassis used by Honda’s Odyssey minivan (and by the MDX crossover from Honda’s premium Acura division). The 2009 redesign wisely inflated Pilot’s exterior dimensions only slightly, so this wagon remains the most maneuverable eight-seat SUV on the market. Honda also responded to first-generation Pilot owners who said they wanted tougher styling. So the 2010 Honda Pilot gamely wears a caboole of trucky cues: exaggerated fender flares, sapling-thick roof pillars, a flat-nose front end. The grille appears inspired by a tie clip seen on “Mad Men.” And it’s not going to change for 2010.
    Mechanical: The 2010 Honda Pilot boasts impressive engine and driveline engineering. Extracting the most efficiency from its lively, smooth 250-horsepower 3.5-liter V-6 is Honda’s advanced Variable Cylinder Management system. This automatically transitions the engine back and forth between six, four, or three cylinders as sensors determine the best balance of fuel economy and power. All Pilots are available with front-wheel drive or Honda’s Variable Torque Management all-wheel drive. Pilot’s not designed for serious off-roading, so its AWD system does not have low-ranging gearing. It’s instead designed to improve grip in all conditions, even on dry roads, and pushing a dashboard button does lock in a front-rear torque split for maximum low-speed traction. Honda says 65 percent of Pilots are ordered with AWD. The sole transmission is a five-speed automatic.
    Features: The 2010 Honda Pilot comes in four levels of trim: base LX, midrange EX, leather-upholstered EX-L, and top-of-the-line Touring. Honda doesn’t offer factory options, but does subdivide the various models to make available just about every comfort and convenience feature. These include power heated front seats, sunroof, Bluetooth phone link, USB connection for iPod and other MP3 devices, navigation with voice recognition, rearview camera, and rear DVD entertainment. Pilot is among the few SUVs with anchor positions for four child safety seats. And it can carry a 4-foot-wide plywood sheet laid flat. All models come with antilock four-wheel disc brakes, traction control, and an antiskid system. Standard are head-protecting curtain side airbags designed to deploy in side collisions as well as in impending rollovers. Front bucket seats and second- and third-row bench seats are standard; second-row captain’s chairs aren’t available. The second and third rows each hold three occupants, and both split and fold.

http://iguida.com/2010-honda-pilot
  • JBaumgartJBaumgart Member Posts: 890
    After reading through this I'm trying to figure out what's new different as compared to the '09's (?).
  • puckman5puckman5 Member Posts: 3
    I was at a delaer and they had the 2010 selection board with the various color combinations for interior and exterior. I was actually suprised they showed it to me because usually ignorance is their game when model year changes are right around the corner. He didnt think there would be any other changes for 2010, but he said he wasnt positive.
  • commanderscommanders Member Posts: 7
    Honda website now showing 2010 models. Re: the Pilot; $150-$250 dollar increase over 2009, delivery now $710. Colors as described above. All other features look like a carbon copy of 2009. Tires are still "small", and may be a factor in tested stopping distances. Same "small" engine, with not the greatest MPG. Sadly, they did not move any of the Touring features down to the EX-L line. It even looks like they reprinted the 2009 brochures with just the captions changed. Wife needs a power tailgate; almost have her convinced on a 09 in dark blue, but once she sees the Polished Metal Metallic...
    Bottom line: the 2010 Honda Pilot should be a virtual duplicate of the 2009, so you won’t go wrong taking advantage of a good deal on a 2009 Pilot.

2009 Tourings are scare, so 2010 Tourings come to rescue.

The bad economy hijacked Honda’s plans for a 30-mpg diesel V-6 Pilot with it.
  • azelizabethazelizabeth Member Posts: 11
    Darn.... I was hoping that the 2010'sEXL would have a navigation option. The only thing I want extra is the navigation... is it worth stepping up to the touring for just that? Tough decision since there are so many deals on the EXL's.

Any word on any financing specials like on the odyssey's and civics?

Elizabeth
  • inthistogetherinthistogether Member Posts: 9
    Elizabeth,

We have a 2006 EX-L Odyssey with NAV and RES. From our experience, an aftermarket GPS is the way to go. They are much more accurate, can be updated online for free, etc. Our Odyssey's NAV has an older source disk (2005) and many neighborhoods are not listed. The new source disk would cost more than a nice Garmin.

We are buying a Pilot and really like the Bluetooth and the Auto Liftgate on the Touring. Once again, we added the Bluetooth from Best Buy to our Odyssey aftermarket for $250 and skipped the power liftgate. As scarce as the Tourings are, and with the Honda website featuring 2010s already, it should be a great time to get an EX-L 2009 for $6000+ off MSRP.

Look for the interest rates to go down in June or July to move the excess 2009 Pilots.

By the way, I have a loaded Mazda CX-9 and the NAV is just not as good as the portable ones my friends have. They are super accurate. Garmin and Tom Tom
    Thanks for the info. Are you getting an EXL or touring? Also... how do you like your cx9... I am going to test drive one before being firm on the pilot. I have always owned Honda's so I am a little hesitant to go to Mazda. Hmmm... isn't June tomorrow?

Elizabeth
  • mabbmabb Member Posts: 5
    When 2010 Pilot be available @ Honda Dealers for ordering. I am looking for a specific color in touring trim, that is no longer available in CA inventory. Any one has experience with pre-ordering and how to negotiate on it?
    You can build your exact own 2010 trim in www.honda.com now.

The sterling gray and nimbus gray color are replaced by new color: polished metal metallic

Only Red and Mocha offer Beige interior, rest are Black or Gray interior.
  • shodanusmcshodanusmc Member Posts: 14
    They only thing I do not like on the 09 is the cheap plastic on the dash, and the quality of the interior seems to have dropped quite a bit.
    I have to agree with you on the dash...does anyone know if they changed that in the 10's? I am also curious about the colors... didn't care too much for the 09 colors except for white (we are in AZ), which of course I can't find on the touring. Still going back and forth between 09 and 10 as well as EXL and touring.

Elizabeth
    Eliz.

There is a WHITE Touring w/RES&NAV in Salt Lake
    197.3 Mile(s) from Phoneix AZ

Ken Garff Honda Salt Lake
    Salt Lake City, UT 84111

Price $40,864
    Condition New
    Mileage 11
    Trim 4WD 4dr Touring w/RES & Navi
    Trans 5-Speed Automatic with OD
    Exterior Color White
    Interior Color Not Provided
    Stock No. 1H9986
    Vin 5FNYF48949B054279
    Today I checked my dealer inventory and found 30 of 2010 model in stock already.
    I couldn't find any so far in Northern California... if you get to know of any dealer that has 2010 Touring inventory, let me know.
  • inthistogetherinthistogether Member Posts: 9
    getting the EX-L. The extras on the touring just don't substantiate the cost.

I like my CX-9 (touring model), it drives great, and has had no problems, but I want more of a truck/suv feel and we love our Honda Odyssey.

Just waiting on rates to drop or a bigger incentive.
    mike
    EX-L doesn't have Navigation and parking sensors... that I need.

Any clue when 2010 Touring inventory will be available in CA?
    I spoke with Herb Chambers Honda (Boston) and they said the 2010 will arrive next week. They got the list so posted into inventory as what they are getting.
  • zorkonzorkon Member Posts: 22
    I just brought home a 2010-EX-L. I discovered (much to my horror), that when the rear window is popped open, locking the car on the key fob turns the car on! I then have to use the key manually to unlock the car and get it and turn it off. It only happens when the rear window is not fully closed.

Has anyone ever heard of this? I was planning on installing remote start soon anyway, but this is ridiculous.
  • vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    Please clarify:
    Is there a Honda branded remote starter available?
    Or do I need to buy after-market part and have the Honda dealer install?

If the dealer does not install, would it void the warranty offered by Honda?

Thanks!
    There is a Honda branded remote start available. However, it is quite awful. I had it installed at a cost of $620 and was so disappointed, the dealer agreed to remove and refund it.

Here's what is not great about it in my opinion:
    - The fob is very large.
    - The range on the fob is not particularly good compared with after-market
    - You cannot unlock the car remotely after remote starting it.
    - Once the car is unlocked, it automatically shuts off (This was really the deal breaker for me)
    - There are a whole host of restrictions as to when the car will allow itself to be started.

The dealer recommended I purchase an after-market system which would do more and be cheaper too. The dealer would not install an after-market one though.

The downside is that an after-market system WILL void the warranty. Not the entire warranty, but it does void whatever areas it affects. For example, I imagine it could void the warranty on parts of the electrical system and maybe the starter.
    Follow up after taking my Pilot in for servicing:

Apparently on a 2010 Pilot, if the ground wire from the rear window to the multiplex is not properly connected, the car gains remote start capabilities without having to install any equipment.

The service department did say it's probably not good to have a loose wire (not that I experienced any side effects besides for remote start), so they "fixed" it.

I'd love to hear if anyone would experiment cause in retrospect it was pretty cool. It was more functional than the offical Honda remote start and did not require any equipment or extra fob.
    Thanks for the info.

I am disappointed that:
    1) Honda does not offer a remote start as "standard" feature
    2) if you pay extra to install, it does not perform to expectations

Which after-market brand would you recommend? Do you plan to install the after-market part? Thanks again.
  • nasgroupnasgroup Member Posts: 14
    Hello All,

When we picked up our 2010 EX-L, we were provided a list of items that the dealer would set to our desired options, like automatic door-lock , when placed in drive, , when starting to move, never, etc.

It is my wife's vehicle so she chose her options. The other day she noted the "daytime running lights" and asked if they can be turned off. The owners manual simply details that they work when the lights are not turned on, etc. She was certain that that was one of the options during the delivery process.

So ... Can the dealer set options be changed and specifically the turning off of the day time running lights

thanks
    I still have to do more research myself. I'm going to hold off doing it for a while. I don't need it for the winter, so I may wait until the following spring.

The service dept guy told me about one that you can start the car with your cell phone. He said it was an Alltel thing. I'm guessing that means Verizon too now. Sounded really cool.
    I don't believe they can be shut off, but I've only had my Pilot a couple weeks now.

The manual gives instructions on how to set the door locks.
  • nasgroupnasgroup Member Posts: 14
    I beleive you are right. The daytime running lights were not an option,. The other defaults like "auto lock" can be changed.

thanks
  • pilot2010pilot2010 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I have a Pilot EX and am considering to install a wireless backup camera.

I looked at this one:
    http://reviews.cnet.com/other-car-components/vr3-vrbcs300w-wireless-back/4505-67- 30_7-32317312.html

"Despite its claim to be wireless, the device requires two sets of wires: one to connect the rear-facing camera to the vehicle's reverse-light circuit (if your car does not come with a pre-existing hole for a license-plate light, then you will have to drill one yourself, which may be a deal-breaker for some drivers),"

Could someone tell me, if there is already such a hole on Pilot 2010 Ex? Where is it? (I haven't been able to find it yet)

Thanks!
  • 2010testpilot2010testpilot Member Posts: 1
    I own (more accurately), I pay for a 2010 Honda Pilot Touring Edition with Rear Navigation and Entertainment package. It had about 400 miles on it when delivered (I searched for a specific model). It currently has 611 miles, and a DEAD #2 cylinder. Crown Point Honda in Durham is trying to figure it out but, during this long weekend...one of the most traveled weekends...I was in a Chevy Traverse....I am thinking I should have just bit the bullet and bought a Tahoe at least then I would walk in to the situation knowing something bad was going to take place. :lemon:
  • cdolan59cdolan59 Member Posts: 15
    i installed an aftermarket remote starter and alarm system on my 2009 EXL pilot. It is an Avital 5303. Its awesome, it has an LCD screen, lets u see on the keychain screen when car is started, it has timer, it has so many options, when i am away i can set it for car to automatically start everyday for a 12, 24, or 60 minute period of time. Anyway I paid about $450 installed, but this is with alarm system, so I also get discount on insurance. It starts from at least 500 feet, maybe more. It will start in parking garage when in outside.

This is an awesome remote, its really cool looking too. It cost less than Honda's junk remote and included an alarm.
    I heard many complaints about Honda's cheap plastic dash in the 2009 pilot. I agree. For about $200 I installed a beautiful wood grain dash. I ordered it online. It sticks on with 3M tape backing which is exactly how they do it when ordered from the dealership. The ones you order on line are very nice and dramatically changed the look of my interior. It gives it a very rich look. When I took the car for an oil change the dealership even commented how nice it looks. They are much nicer than if you order through the dealer and are installed the exact same way as if you ordered from the dealership. There is a wide choice of woodgrains on line. You can do it in about 15 minutes. It looks great!
    Thanks for the feedback.

1) Did you install the remote starter yourself?
    2) Will this void the Honda warranty on your vehicle?
    3) Which website did you use to buy the Avital?

Thanks again.
  • biglancebiglance Member Posts: 2
    We have owned our Pilot for two weeks and love it to death. One issue I have discovered though is that you can't open the tailgate when the battery is dead. We must have left a light on last night and this morning the battery was dead and the power locks were not working. I kept our jumper cables into the same storage area where the tire change parts are located. Unable to open the tailgate, I climbed into the back of the car and tried opening the hatch where the cables were stored. However, that hatch cannot be opened when the rear tailgate is closed. Obviously, we won't be keeping the jumper cables in that storage area anymore, but it seems to violate every idea of common sense that you can't open the tailgate when the battery is dead and can't access the bottom storage hatch in the back when the tailgate is down. Please somebody tell me I overlooked some way to open the tailgate on a dead battery!
    We still love our Pilot, this is just something we learned the hard way and so I'm here to warn others not to store your jumper cables in the bottom hatch in the back.
    Is there a side panel storage? I know the Pilot does not come with a lock device at the hatch but is there a pull flap in driver area that can be pulled to open the hatch door, just like the hood & gas door?
  • biglancebiglance Member Posts: 2
    There is a medium sized storage panel on the very back wall on the driver's side. There is a button on the driver door to release the glass which doesn't unlock the glass on a dead battery.
    Guess the side panel on driver side is the only way to store the jump cable when needed, or only other method is road side assistance come with jump cable...

Subaru has by-pass switch on the hatch panel to open the locked hatch, not from outside but inside.
    Subaru's manual unlock from inside the hatch door

There is a round blanking plug below and just to the left of the latch. Remove the plug and with your finger or screwdriver you should be able to release the locking mechanism.

The circular plug was easily removed via a flathead driver. The mechanism needed to be lifted upwards clock-wise from 9:00 to 12:00, and then hatch could open. It's so thoughtful that Subaru designed these little things so that we could fix things ourselves should they go wrong.

Honda please take notice.
  • hondapilotexlhondapilotexl Member Posts: 10
    Does anyone know how to program Homelink buttons to operate garage door?
    There are three homelink buttons just below rearview mirror.
    I have Wayne Dalton garage door opener installed in 2002
    Thanks
    Please review all precautions listed at the end of this document.

Please note it is recommended to have new batteries in your handheld garage door transmitter prior to programming and pull your vehicle complete outside of the garage because the door will activate during programming

1. For first time training, press and hold the two outer HomeLink buttons, releasing only when the HomeLink indicator light begins to flash after 20 seconds. (Do not perform this step when training the additional HomeLink buttons.)
    2. Hold both the handheld transmitter button and the HomeLink button you would like to program until the HomeLink flashes slowly then rapidly (then release both buttons)
    3. Press and hold the HomeLink button you just programmed. If the garage door opens/closes then programming is complete. If it does not then proceed to step 4.
    4. Get a ladder and press and release the “learn” button on the back of your garage door motor head
    5. Within 30 seconds get back into your vehicle and press end release the HomeLink button you just programmed up to 3 times or until your garage door activates. Programming is complete.

Note: To program the remaining two Homelink® buttons, begin with “Programming”
    step two. Do not repeat step one.

If you need further assistance, please call HomeLink Customer care at 1-800- 355-3515.

CAUTION!
    "!" : Before programming HomeLink to a garage door opener or gate operator, make sure that people and objects are out of the way of the device to prevent potential harm or damage. Your motorized garage door or gate will open and close while you are programming HomeLink. Do not program HomeLink if people or pets are in the path of the door or gate. A moving garage door or gate can cause serious injury or death to people and pets or damage to objects.

"!" : Vehicle exhaust contains carbon monoxide, a dangerous gas. Do not run the vehicle's engine while programming HomeLink. Exhaust gas can cause serious injury or death. When programming a garage door opener, it is advised to park outside of the garage.

"!" : Do not use HomeLink with any garage door opener that lacks safety stop and reverse features as required by U.S. federal safety standards (this includes any garage door opener model manufactured before April 1, 1982). A garage door that cannot detect an object signaling the door to stop and reverse - does not meet current U.S. federal safety standards.

"!" If programming a garage door opener or gate, it is advised to unplug the device during the HomeLink programming and also if performing the "cycling" process to prevent possible motor burn-up.
    Indicates that this instruction is important to follow for reasons of personal safety, and that failure to follow the instruction could result in bodily injury.
    "!" : HomeLink is intended to be used only with HomeLink compatible products that are programmed consistent with the applicable instructions on our website at www.homelink.com. Those instructions and product listings indicated by the symbol are particularly important for avoiding damage to the programmed device and other property associated with that device. Failure to comply with instructions or product listings can result in unwanted property damage. Johnson Controls is not responsible for property damage that results from failure to follow instructions or product listings indicated by the "!".
  • hondapilotexlhondapilotexl Member Posts: 10
    Thank you for the detailed instructons.
    I followed the steps and had to go through step 4 without anyluck. Called HomeLink and found out if you have Wayne Dalton garage door opener with Black color cable hanging from the end of the motor casing unit then you can not program HomeLink buttons in Honda Pilot. What a bummer. I have to get an extra garage door remote oh well ..........
  • mirrodie1mirrodie1 Member Posts: 25
    The dash wood grain sounds nice ! Can you please give a site where you got it?
    Besides a wood grain interior that I may consider adding myself, I want to add running boards to our new Pilot.

I like the concept of the illuminated running boards but how "lit up" are the standard illuminated running boards that Honda sells?

I am wondering if any aftermarket sellers make something that is illuminated but also steel or chrome? Any leads?
    carid.com

but there are lots of places selling them just punch in car dash kits on ur search bar
    I am looking to Avital 5303 but also would like to hear about other models/recommendations on car alarm/starters.

We are looking to install running boards with illumination that will turn on the the cars dome light system when the car starts and doors are open.
  • denver5357denver5357 Member Posts: 319
    Bought a 2010 Pilot two weeks ago. Yesterday I noticed that when it is in reverse and the back up camera is on, the bottom 10-15 percent or so of the cemera's view on the screen looks obstructed. So I got out and experimented, and it appears that the handle to the back hatch is the obstruction.

On the one hand, it's probably useful to have the camera aimed that low just in case something is right behind and below the car (though the handle blocks part of that view). But it still seems odd when I look at the screen to have an obstruction across the bottom.

Does everyone else have this? Is it normal, or is my camera misaligned? We had this system on an Ody and it was not obstructed, but it also did not have a handle that jutted out like the Pilot. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.