Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Prius Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• vane15vane15 Member Posts: 5
    Not bad what dealer?
  • joyful617joyful617 Member Posts: 4
    Toyota dealer in SF Valley.
    I got deal 25000 OTD Prius II with leather seat.
    However, my huz want to add navigaion. So I need to go with Prius III.
    How much more I need to think about?
  • miataracermiataracer Member Posts: 13
    It should be less, unless taxes are included in your state. "OTD" here in MO means the price of the car and any dealer fees, but taxes are paid when you get plates at the DMV. That price wouldn't be too great here, because you can get a Prius II down around 22k, then add 1k to 1.5k to be switched over to leather (remember you can negotiate that cost as well).
    I think 25k would be a fair deal for a Prius III with leather added.
    Hi, I have been researching for a good deal on a Prius 3 2013. Im in SO CA anyone out there that has gotten a good deal? Whats a fair Price to pay on a 2013 Out the Door?

Help! So far I have one for 26K which has been the lowest..
    Where is your dealer shop?

I request 26 K for prius iii with leather but they said no.

Can you pls. advise your dealshop?

Thank you.
  • jayjay18jayjay18 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I am also looking for a 2013 prius 2 with leather seat in southern CA, is your OTD price includes all the money you need to pay? or the tax is not included?
    really a good deal if it is all the money.

Thanks
    HI, the Prius 3 they told me 26280 OTD, but no leather seats. Is that still good?

This is in Marina Del Rey CA. This is Taxes and all. If I can't get the Prius 3 under 26 I may consider a 2 but whats a good Price for the 2 OTD?
    If that 280 bucks is a dealbreaker then yes you should probably be buying something cheaper....or maybe used.....
    26200 for a Prius 3 OTD is this good!
  • mortiennemortienne Member Posts: 30
    We leased a 2013 Prius 3 this weekend. It was a model with the solar sunroof and mats, coming in at $28,285 inc. destination. The dealer took a straight $2,200 of the sticker. We got another $1,000 off on the "matching down payment" promotion. So, in short, we put down $1,000 and got a grand total of $3,200 off. Excluding the $500 loyalty voucher we had, that made a pre-OTD price of $25,085. Bearing in mind that the solar sunroof package is $1500, a Prius 3 without it was coming it at around $23600 pre-OTD.
    Hi, are you in SO CA? Im in LA. So far this has been the cheapest I have found.

I guess it takes into play that I am not leasing but purchasing. Did you get the Alarm included? And I am also not putting money down.

Also where would I get the Loyalty Voucher?

Im confused!
    edited February 2013
    I'll try to help with the confusion a little :)

1. We're in Oregon and we bought the car in Washington.

2. Because we're in Oregon, there is no sales tax and our DMV is low - $296 for 4 years.

3. The price shouldn't be any different between leasing and purchasing unless there are different incentives which there aren't in this case.

4. No, we didn't get the alarm.

5. it's your prerogative not to put money down, but Toyota are matching down-payments up to $1,000. By not putting down $1,000 down, you are leaving a $1,000 incentive on the table.

6. The $500 loyalty voucher was given to us because our old Prius was in it's last 2 months of the lease. I didn't include it in the calculations because of that.

7. Without the ($500) voucher, we got $3,200 off sticker.

8. If we hadn't put down $1,000, we'd have only got $2,200 off sticker.

Hope this clears some things up.
  • pragmatist1pragmatist1 Member Posts: 26
    Baltimore Darcar Toyota, 2012 Prius 2 with Bridgestone Ecopia tires, 20,990 including destination and dealer prep, excluding state taxes, title, tags. I financed it at 1.65 for 60 mo term, put down the 1K cash back and 3K on a credit card (the max they would put on a credit card). I noticed that they put a 200 loan fee into it - equivalent to about 1 point. They take care of out of state taxes, title, registration, etc. through an agent for about $85 extra, and it will all be mailed to me. Well worth it to avoid a trip to the DMV.
  • lali3lali3 Member Posts: 16
    This is a good price

Does $21k includes 1k cash incentive
    How much are the tires, want to see how much it would be with stock tires

Please let me know

Thx
  • pragmatist1pragmatist1 Member Posts: 26
    20,990, including the 1K cash back. The Bridgestone Ecopias are stock tires - that model and year comes with one of three stock tires - the others are a Yokohama, and a Goodyear. I found that there was a subtle vibration when coasting at highway speed with the Yokohamas and the Goodyears - that's why I wanted the Bridgestones.

There seem to be a lot of 2012 Prius 2s left on the lots, but the dealers aren't coming down on the prices. However, it is true that there were very few left with the Bridgestone tires on them. Of course, you could just replace the tires and put on anything you like. I love my Michelin Energy Savers A/S - they are smoother riding than the Ecopias, and loads better than the Yokohamas and the Goodyears, in terms of ride quality.
  • rpotrpot Member Posts: 2
    Is the 1K customer cash back being offered only for 2012 Prius models and not for 2013 models?
    edited February 2013
    It's available on both.

EDIT: Looking the buyatoyota.com site, it looks like that promotion has actually ended though.
  • lali3lali3 Member Posts: 16
    Thanks for the info

Did you finance through Toyota or someone. What APR was offered
  • mkz71mkz71 Member Posts: 4
    Anyone gets Prius Two in MA recently?
    I am looking for one now. Thanks!
  • dgnnwsadgnnwsa Member Posts: 2
    I am currently leasing a 2010 basic Prius paying $230 mos - lease is up in January 2014. I keep getting emails saying that I can get a new Prius for less than I am paying with no money out of pocket. Is this possible? I don't want to go to the dealer and waste hours to find out this is to could to be true
  • indiansocalindiansocal Member Posts: 8
    Hey Guys! First post on edmunds!
    I've found a couple of 2012 Toyota Prius Five with the Advanced Technology Package and was wondering what would be a fair and logical price to offer right now. I live in Southern California and was thinking of offering $29,500 OTD with taxes, title, and fees. :)
  • 2k5ml3502k5ml350 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

Recently purchased a 2013 Prius Persona in Virginia.
    Blk exterior, Blk Interior
    Option include:
    Floor mats, leather seats, back up camera, Nav, 17" Alloy wheels

"OTD" Price was 25,482.

Good deal?

Thanks.
  • adatadat Member Posts: 9
    Do you mind sharing OTR (on the road price) which includes taxes, registration, documentation etc?
  • looking4wlooking4w Member Posts: 2
    We are shopping around for a 2013 Prius five with Technology package. A dealer in town found a 2012 model for us. MSRP is $35.5K with options added. He is offering the car for $23.4K, and also saying that they offer a 7yr/100Kmiles warranty for free. Should I be worried, or just scoop up the vehicle after a test drive? Can toyota dealers increase warranties like this? Having bought cars before, I am just a bit skeptical. This is like $12K off without any bargaining. I asked if this was a new or used car and he said new, just that he needs to get it from some other dealer.
  • ben118ben118 Member Posts: 2
    you can get the 2013 prius persona for the price
    7yr/100k is the extension for Certified Used, so my guess is it has a few thousand miles on it.....still sounds like a fair deal, as the '12 is identical to the '13.
  • rpotrpot Member Posts: 2
    Toyota 101 in SF Bay area is offering the 2013 Prius Persona for $25,688. Is it a good price? I'm seriously thinking of going for it.
    http://www.toyota101.com/Specials-PrintAd.aspx
  • ben118ben118 Member Posts: 2
    What color is it?
  • beamer55beamer55 Member Posts: 12
    Hi Mortienne - Thanks for your post, I wanted to ask if you can provide the details for your lease meaning the following:

Total Down
    Total Monthly without tax
    Total Lease duration = months.
    Did you have to pay for dealer fees and shipping?

This is my first hybrid and kind of excited but dont feel really comfortable with south florida dealers. Thanks again!
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    We picked up a new 2013 Prius III in Nautical Blue Metallic with floor and trunk mats for $21,920.00 plus $399 dealer "doc" fee (standard around here) plus TTL. Did the 1.9% TFS financing as well. "Internet special" no haggle price, did the deal over the phone, showed up, inspected the car, signed paperwork, and drove it home. Edmunds shows invoice is $23,683
    and a $750 deale incentive. The car had 2 miles on it after they filled it up.

We have a 2010 Prius III on lease that ends soon, so we were looking to replace it and at this price and promo finance rate we went ahead and got the car.

We are in TN.
  • cchoi31cchoi31 Member Posts: 1
    what dealership did you go to in Va. I'm looking to buy a prius very soon and th as ts a great price for the persona out the door. can you please provide more in for me
  • prius4me1prius4me1 Member Posts: 1
    what was your msrp?
    I am looking for a prius ii and I am not getting attractive offers - around 24k for prius ii base 2012 without leather.
  • mets67mets67 Member Posts: 12
    Coming up at the end of my lease on my current Prius IV. Have 2 payments left. Dealer proposed new Prius IV with Deluxe Solar room pkg, putting the last 2 payments in, using the $500 loyalty rebate. Here's what the deal would be:

2013 Prius IV with Deluxe Solar Roof
    MSRP: $33,350
    Price: $31,300
    Lease: 36 mo./12K miles per year; First payment plus taxes and $650 bank fee upfront at $399/mo.

Is this a good deal?
  • nanchen242nanchen242 Member Posts: 1
    The best offer I got for a base prius two was 24.2k in nyc. Has anyone fared better in and around the tri state area?
  • cherishzmcherishzm Member Posts: 13
    Hello. It looks like a great price.

Can you share the name of the dealership and sales person you've dealt with? I'm in NC but would be willing to travel or will try to have a local dealer to match their price.

Thanks.
  • cherishzmcherishzm Member Posts: 13
    edited April 2013
    I'm getting quotes from NC dealers and best I got so far was $22,500 without the special financing (0% for up to 48 months) and $23,500 with the special financing.

I think the price is high compared to what other people have been paying for the same or better model especially like the post #1164.

Any suggestions what dealer and sales person I should talk to?
  • soso83soso83 Member Posts: 1
    I was quoted for a 2013 Prius 2 blizzard pearl for 25k out the door no alarm, is this a good price? I am located in Los Angeles.
  • rocuriumrocurium Member Posts: 12
    Hi,

I am thinking of getting 2013 Prius IV with solar panel package, in So. Ca location. What is purchasing price that people have been paying? Has anyone heard repair cost for the solar panel once off warranty? Or early breakage or damage?

Thanks!
    Note there was a typo in my post. The title said Prius II (which is correct) but in the post I said we purchased a 2013 III - it is a II. We leased a 2010 III but opted for the II this time.

Roberts Toyota in Columbia, TN was the dealer. The car was listed on ebay and on their web page. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Two-/321097227230

They had a decent price on it on Friday, then dropped it Saturday morning (last selling day of the month) to what we paid.

There is a NC dealer on ebay offering a II for $22,568 today ($1k more if you do the cheap financing). It looks like Rice Toyota in Greensboro, NC.
    Keep in mind that Toyotas are priced and sold by region, so what is a deal here may not apply there. Also there was a $750 dealer incentive last month that AFAIK is not available this month.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    We need your input to improve our Forums!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/EdmundsForums
    End of month sale or dealer cash or both?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/290907236168

Rice dropped the price to $21,968 OR $22,968 with cheap financing for new 2, plus dealer fee of $469 and TTL.

Roberts shows $22,720 or $22,920 plus fee and TTL.

still two more selling days this month for them to reduce more to sell more :D
  • imgdocimgdoc Member Posts: 30
    edited April 2013
    We are looking at certified Prius and trying to decide between two choices. 2011 Prius Two or 2010 Prius Three. Same miles and same price, pretty much same overall condition. Is there anything that will sway in favor of one vs the other? first time Prius owners to be. We dont care much about the extras that Prius III offers. What is your opinion. :confuse:
    For 2010 the iii got you an updated JBL audio system and BT handsfree. The latter was a must have for my wife. Our 2013 ii has BT handsfree so we opted not to pay extra for a iii (backup cam, nav, etc). For 2011 I don't know the differences. If like 2010, then it comes down to the better sound (with XM) and BT. I would tend to go with the newer car, but would be swayed to the iii to get BT.

Deals are available on new 2013 and 2012 cars, so don't pay much for a used one.
  • pmaupmau Member Posts: 8
    I am looking to buy a prius plug-in base model. Its msrp is around 32000. The price that deals are quoting is around 31300$ in bay area, ca. Is it good. Should I hunt for a better price.
  • jamey5jamey5 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I was looking for a base plug-in in l.a., too.
    After searching about 2 months and trying to find incentives and cash back,
    The best price I've found here is 31,300, as well. (plus taxes and fees)

I think NY and MA maybe still have generous $5,000 - 6,500 factory cash backs, but I'm not finding anything like that out here. You can buy It there and have it sent out or drive across country, if that appeals to you. I think you just have to be sure to register it only in CA, to recoup the fed and state rebates/incentives, too.

Good luck! A friend says going through AAA or Costco you can get a price quote supposedly, that they should honor at the dealership, but with hybrids the difference is between 500-1200 off...still worth taking a peek.

I think I've decided to get a regular Prius for now and save up for a plug in conversion in 2 years, since I can't find one below 30,000.

Hope you find what you're looking for!
  • jonpriamjonpriam Member Posts: 2
    Folks,

I'm planning to buy a Prius 3 (sea glass pearl/bisque) in upstate,ny (~Albany)and got a quote of 24,999( Prius III) w rear bumper applique & all weather mat/cargo mat). Is this reasonable?

I notice prices of low 22K to low 23K discussed here for the prius III.

Is it easy enough to fly down to florida and drive the car up to NY .

Anyone find any issues with it? or hidden charges with the dealers in florida?

Folks please let me know your thoughts and suggestions.

Appreciate your feedback.
  • semenzatosemenzato Member Posts: 41
    Where did you see the low 22k to low 23k prices? I found a post for a low 22, but he was doing financing so it's harder to compare. I also saw high 23 at the end of 2012 for a 2012 model, when the 2013 models were probably already out.

There is surely some variations depending on area, but 2k seems a little high.

Good luck!