Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Prius Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

1192021222325»

Comments

• feng9889feng9889 Member Posts: 4
    Got it from Toyota Palo Alto.
  • vinni2vinni2 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased my Prius 2 yesterday with 0% financing from Toyota Motor Credit. My auto financing agent listed incorrect address (one digit extra in the street# but everything else is correct) and completed the application which I have signed. I just noticed this discrepancy today.

How do I get this corrected and can someone advice the procedure of getting this fixed? What are the possible side effects of this error and if there are any, how to correctly address them?
  • nid15nid15 Member Posts: 11
    I am looking for a 2013 Prius 3 with sunroof and the best offers I seem to receive are 26K + document + TTL. I feel it is atleast 1200$ over what I can get based on the other posts. Has someone got better luck in NJ or tri-state area? I am contacting the dealerships via email/carwoo.
  • rkhamilton920rkhamilton920 Member Posts: 10
    purchased a Blizzard Pearl Persona for $27,500 OTD including tax and doc/license/fees. Also got a 72 mo/100K extended warranty for $1200. It included 48 mo/45K routine/scheduled maintenance.

Very happy - how's I do?
  • pappupappu Member Posts: 4
    Paid 25272 + Tax+Lic+Doc fee that is 28K on the road, it included cargo and cabin mats only.
  • hybcardhybcard Member Posts: 8
    can you please post who the dealer is?
  • voice_soulvoice_soul Member Posts: 6
    did you paid with cash? or got an 0% of 60mth finance offer?
    i am looking Prius II with floor & cargo mats as well
    plz respond to this messege.
    edited September 2013
    that seems awsome price for Four.
    did you get it for 0% apr of 60 month?
    it seems great price for the package and those accessory included.
    do you mind to tell us which dealershop were there?
    Fremont Toyota
    No I took 1K off instead of financing, dealer was fremont Toyota and dealing was good as i negotiated over phone
    If you have weak back go for model four, it has awesome powered lumbar support i can drive this baby all the way to east coast
    edited September 2013
    here is the lists of that vehicle

======================================
    Prius 3
    Sea Glass Pearl
    Fabric in Misty Gray
    Solar Roof Package
    Carpet Floor Mats
    Carpet Cargo Mat
    Extended from two to five years of maintenance service
    ======================================

all these thing came up to $28,875.XX for final(OTD) price.
    and i choose the ZERO percent of the rate instead of the THOUSAND dollar rebate.
    Since i am a first time purchasing the vehicle, i had to add either "Gap" which was $695
    or "extend maintenance serive" which was $1,000. i rather have a maintenace, so i added another thousand dollar to my quote.
    by the way if you are the first time purchasing an vehicle and do not want to add both of those service, you must down at least 20% of the vehicle price (as Final aka OTD)

so, what do you guys think about this price?
    shall i accept it? or use more time to find it out if there are better offer?
    thx for your respond :)
    i'll just go with either "TWO" or "THREE"
    really appriciate for you advice though
    i left my offer right above this post
    if you are mind, go check it out
    still awsome price for the 'four'
    have a huge fun with your new ride :)
  • brinwoodbrinwood Member Posts: 32
    bought 06 last week, dealer took it to get washed, couldn't make it back. Wouldn't run. Has been in Toyota shop 3 days. Experts found nothing amiss; they brought in Toy rep., same story. they reset all codes?
    Now I have it and am concerned of a repeat breakdown.
    Anyone familiar with this scenario?
  • omgwtfhaxomgwtfhax Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    I paid 21066 for a Prius C 2, OTD, tax, license, fees included. 60 months zero financing. I made my purchase at Toyota of Orange (Ca). Did I get an OK deal?
  • mikey38mikey38 Member Posts: 141
    Just paid $19,100 for a 2013 Prius C (2) OTD - not including tax/license
  • sunny48sunny48 Member Posts: 24
    Anyone bought one of these? My husband just ordered one and I read today that it fails crash safety tests for front quarter crashes and Consumer Reports is no longer recommending it. I'm not very happy about this.

Also, I think he's about to be charged way too much for it at $35,427 loaded, before taxes, etc.. He's being given $13,000 for his 2010 prius 4 with 58,000 miles and in very good condition. Kelly Blue Book says that it's worth $16,000. I think the dealer is trying to rook him.

How do I approach the dealer to get the price lowered?
  • khallockkhallock Member Posts: 63
    My husband just totaled his 2010 Prius 3. He was in an accident and it was the other persons fault. his Prius had about 50k miles on it and they are giving him close to $17,000 for his car. So yeah, I think you are being taken if you are accepting $10k for a 2010 Prius 4.

And yes, I have seen the bad crash test ratings on the Prius V. Its enough to make me not want to get one.

We are probably going to buy a 2013 Prius - either a regular Prius 3, or a Plug-In.
  • jake141jake141 Member Posts: 2
    Just got a Prius V Package III.

MSRP: -- 29,772
    Price:--- 22404.
    Dealer Fee:-- 699+300 (Included extra :-- Tint + Extra Key fob + Mats + stripe)
    Tax +tag +title & other fees.
    OTD :-- 25181.

Had to finance with the SouthEast Toyota.

What do you think? Good deal?
  • bk16bk16 Member Posts: 1
    djldjl, I am trying to buy pruis two at a texas dealer based on your price. He is asking me for more details, can you send me an email to whereissatish at gmail dot com?
    thanks
  • suburbanmamasuburbanmama Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a brand new Prius V Five
    Sea Glass
    No tech package

MSRP$30,395
    Invoice $28,295

Paid $28,330
    TTL paid $31,035

Traded in 2009 Mazda 5 Grand Touring with 65,500 for $9,500

From Toyota of Orange in CA
  • zackwz2013zackwz2013 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, where did you get your deal? Is there a link? Thanks in advance
  • zackwz2013zackwz2013 Member Posts: 2
    What would be a good black friday price for 2013 Toyota Prius Three Hatchback?
  • jake141jake141 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    Mike Erdman Toyota, meritt Island, FL. Goto their website and contact for Internet sales. They still have package II. left. I would ask for 25% discount to match the promotion from Toyota of Melbourne. This would let them add the dealer options and still walk out with reasonable price. I would still buy it from Mike Erdman, purchasing process was easier.

Toyota of Melbourne, FL has a 2013 Prius Plugin hybrid. $32k. 2014 MSRP is $29,9k. If you can get 25% off $29,900. It is Package III. I think for city driving this would be awesome deal.
  • thriller2thriller2 Member Posts: 7
    Please get in touch with James (goes by Judd ) & Dana in internet sales dept for DCH Toyota Torrance.
    Past Monday I bought new 2013 RAV4 XLE FWD $22,000 + Tax Tag & title from DCH toyota. I think I got awesome deal. This was less than TrueCar price and almost $2k below factory invoice price. This included $500 Toyota discount as I went with my credit union for financing.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns a 2012-14 Toyota Prius, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 13, 2013, for use in a print publication. Please email [email protected] no later than Wednesday, December 11, for a copy of the survey.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• lilriceleelilricelee Member Posts: 19
    i got a quote from daniel at Tustin Toyota for $24400 out the door on a blizzard pearl prius model 2 .

Car selling price $22269.31

is this a good deal??
  • sandytcsandytc Member Posts: 3
    I'm interested in getting a certified prius and found a 2013 prius 2 with only 8400 miles. What is a good out the door price for this? They want 23k which is ridiculous because I can get a brand new one for that price. What would make this worth considering?
  • Infosys627Infosys627 Member Posts: 1
    I was quoted $21,488 plus TTL for a 2014 Prius II. What do you guys think?

I know it's not a bad deal and they are advertising this price at Claremont toyota so not like I negotiated this deal. but wanted to see if folks think I should have them throw in floor mats, take the care and be thankful for just the price, or wait it out??