Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Prius Lease Questions

Comments

• dbenyaminydbenyaminy Member Posts: 5
    cap: 29,892
    residual:18265

Im not sure what money factor was used. I got the car 8/2010.
  • cosanostracosanostra Member Posts: 91
    Assuming your doing 3 yrs/15k miles, I'd say you didn't do too badly. It looks like you negotiated a pretty good price and doing some quick calculations, the MF seems pretty good too (0.0008 or 2%). Others can chime in, but if you're happy with the payments I'd say job well done.
  • esgamesgam Member Posts: 29
    Can you let me know what dealer you got this deal at? It sounds great to me and I'd like to call them up. Salespersons name would be great too! Cheers.
  • dccarter1dccarter1 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone leased a IV w/solar pkg. and mats in the Chicago area? I'm getting monthly payment numbers from $378 to $429. No one seems willing to budge. I saw an earlier post for $349/mo. taxes included in SF Bay area. Any reason why I should not be able to get a deal like this in Chicago? Any info would be appreciated. The car has an MSRP of $31840, residual of $18,531 (per multiple dealers), a money factor of .00065. Invoice on Edmunds is 29,213 and there is an available $750 rebate on leases. One dealer offered a cap cost of $29,000.
  • dbenyaminydbenyaminy Member Posts: 5
    send me an email dannyben@gmail.com and id be happy to give you the info
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey birdlivs. The Prius' lease program varies by region. If you let us know what state you are in, either myself or another helpful community member should be able to give you an idea of what its lease program and other incentives are like in your area.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • nyboynyboy Member Posts: 4
    Hello Car_Man,

thanks for your helpful info. Can you please share this information as requested by birdlivs for NJ also. Looking to lease a Prius IV or V with the solar moonroof and navi.

thanks,

nyboy
  • jxtaijxtai Member Posts: 9
    I also would like to know.. please help carman!! :D
  • surysury Member Posts: 2
    For Prius IV with Navigation and Carpet Floor/Cargo Mat, I recevied the following in Bay Area
    MSRP 30040, Quote 27852 plus 650 destination charge
    Money factor is .00009 and Residual is 58.75& for 3 yr 15,000 miles/yr
    - first month payment is 732.90, for a monthly payment of 336.15 with tax.
    Is this a good deal. The quote includes Advertising Charge of 760 and holdback of 32 and financial reserve of 266.
  • paperboycccpaperboyccc Member Posts: 93
    Carman,

I am looking for the October residual and money factors for a 2010 Prius III in Florida (zip code 32746) for 36 mos, 15k mi/yr

Thanks for your help!
  • aldorogoaldorogo Member Posts: 1
    I'm in central Florida looking to lease a 2010 Prius II. With zero down, best price is $265/mo. including all fees except tax. With leather, it's $312.

Is that a good price?

I'd prefer to go with the cheaper rate, but I'm afraid the cloth will get dirty.

Any feedback on cloth vs. leather?
  • miamiprius30miamiprius30 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Aldorogo,
    That looks like an amazing deal. I'm in South Florida, but that's worth the drive up. Could you fill me in on the name of the dealership? Thanks!!!!
  • miamiprius30miamiprius30 Member Posts: 2
    That sounds like an amazing deal. What dealership did you go to? I'm looking to sign a lease ASAP. Thanks!!!!!
  • bstern71bstern71 Member Posts: 3
    Just checked out the Prius II yesterday at a dealership here in Charlotte, NC. Carman or anyone else that can share any info they have received on a 3 yr./12k mile lease for a Prius II with leather? The big guessing game in leasing is whether the incentives are better in the given month or the following month,etc? Are November or December better months historically? Appreciate any feedback.
  • cp101cp101 Member Posts: 6
    To anyone who can offer an opinion -

2010 Prius II w/ cloth
    36 Mo / 45,000 Mile Lease (15K / Yr)
    $1500 total at closing (includes payment #1)
    Total monthly payment: $242

Please let me know if this is a good deal in comparison to what others are paying out there. Thank you very much.
  • karthikvkarthikv Member Posts: 2
    Hello Everybody -

I have just signed a lease on a 2010 Toyota Prius IV, with solar package, Navigation, sun-roof, floor mats, alarm system and Lojack. This is in New Jersey. This is a 3 year/36 mile lease.

I would really appreciate if all of you could tell me, if I have signed up a good deal or not..I believe, I have been fleeced by this dealer..but wanted to get your views..any advice would be highly appreciated and also enlightening for me. The following are the details;

1) I traded my 2007 Prius for 2010 Prius IV. I had an outstanding of USD 7682 on my 2007 prius with 47K+miles on it, for which I received USD 12,000 in trade-in.

2) They took this into account and asked me to arrived at a figure of USD 4317 (net trade-in account)+823 (cash down payment) ie total of USD 5140.71.

3) The MSRP works out to be USD 31830. An additional 1080 was charged for options and extras. Gross Capitalized cost is USD 34789, Annualized Cap Cost is USD 30530. Residual value at the end of the 3rd year is 17999.

Total monthly payment (all inclusive) is USD 360.

So my humble question is ..is this a good deal or have I been fleeced.

I am completely new to leasing. Wanted to buy the vehicle but then was advised to go the leasing route. After reading the posts on this forum, I am confused if I have done the right thing or not.

Please advice.

Thanks and Rgds
    Karthik
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    edited October 2010
    karthikv,

There is simply too much information missing for anyone to intelligently evaluate your deal. I suggest that you ask the dealer for their lease worksheet which is a computer generated document that will tell you everything you need to know and then some. Please don't let them plead ignorance by acting as though they don't know what a lease worksheet is because that's pure garbage. Every Toyota lease contract must be submitted to the fund provider and MUST include the lease worksheet; otherwise, the fund provider will not fund the lease. If they refuse, then I suggest that you RUN, DON'T WALK, to another dealer.

If you like, you can email this document to me at

diffeq@zoominternet.net

and I'll be happy to analyze it for you.

All the Best,

John
  • karthikvkarthikv Member Posts: 2
    John -

Thank you for responding back. I have just sent you an e-mail.

Pls check and let me know.

The bottomline is that , I would like to know is whether USD 360 per month is a high number or within reasonable range for leasing a Toyota Prius IV.

If its high, how much extra am I paying every month?

Thats all I would require.

Thanks for all your help.

Rgds
    Karthik
  • fladamfladam Member Posts: 2
    Would you please provide the current residual and money factors for leasing a 2010 Prius IV in Tampa, FL? Also, are there any current incentives or promotions?
  • larrykinglarryking Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    I just leased a Prius IV this weekend from Culver City Toyota in Los Angeles. Here are the specs:

3yrs/36K miles
    Navigation Package, Blue Tooth, etc
    No Sunroof
    Winter Grey Metallic
    Accessories: Illuminated Door Sills and Prius treatment/sticker on back bumper

They honored their advertised special of $299/month with $0 down and the first month free. Factoring in the free month reduces my average monthly to $290.69 (plus tax).

I was super impressed with this dealer as they not only honored their ad (which is a rarity in itself), they took the time to locate and trade for the color I wanted which is Toyota's most popular.

I could've leased a Prius II (in any color) for $249/month with $0 down and the first month free which would've given me an average monthly payment of $242 plus tax. I thought that was a steal but the wife wanted the leather, navigation, etc.
  • imran1124imran1124 Member Posts: 1
    I have been looking for a prius II in white... with 15k miles, I got quoted $270 including tax a month, paying first month payment and license and registration what is $407, where can I get that deal you were getting?? I just need 15k miles
  • czar8878czar8878 Member Posts: 9
    Hello,

I have been offered 2010 Prius III with Navigation option (No sunroof) for 36month lease at $286 per month with $725 down so total payment of $11,021 - MSRP value of this vehicle is $27,025 - I don't have the money factor right now, I am getting quoted this price through the internet. My question is:
    a. Is this a good deal?
    b. From everyone's experience so far, is there any room for more negotiation?

Thanks for your help in advance.

thanks,
    Manas
  • samsissine2samsissine2 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Just came across this site and page and am interested in sharing my experience with everyone. Hope you agree that the deal was pretty solid.

2010 Prius II Silver(w/ tint, mats, Toyota guard package, and of course 2yr. free maintenance)

39month lease
    $500 down (which includes first months payment)

$208 a month

thanks
    sam
    Sam,

Can you tell me if your $208 a month includes taxes (is that your total monthly payment)? Also, how many miles per year are included in your lease? Thank you.
  • sam027sam027 Member Posts: 11
    12k a year on the miles

And yes that is including tax.. $208 is our total payment.. let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks
    Sam
  • lms1079lms1079 Member Posts: 1
    ok please tell me where did you go, what state are you in? That's an awesome deal!
    I live in nc, I went to town and country Toyota in charlotte, nc.. call Bill Foxx @ 704-449-7556 just tell him I sent you and hopefully they can do the same for you.

Thanks and God bless,
    Sam
  • swampdragonswampdragon Member Posts: 35
    that seems like too good a deal

the national deal is
    New 2010 Prius - $189 per Month / 39 Months / $2,188 Due at Signing
    and that doesnt include misc fees, dmv , doc fees, tax etc

you gave them $500 and your monthly payment 39 month - 12 k miles and includes tax is $208

seems like something is missing here
    Hey Swamp,
    Thanks for your question but that is really it.. this deal wast advertised I did negotiate to get there but that is it. I think I got one heck of a deal and am completely satisfied with everything. Let me know if you identify anything missing or have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Sam
  • jobifjobif Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    Leased my 2010 Prius a little over 2 months ago. Monthly payment for 35 months is $189.00 a month. Had to come up with around $4,500 which includes the 1st payment. Hoping to purchase at lease end. Wondering if the residual price is negotiable?

Thanks,
    Joe
  • alsnook123alsnook123 Member Posts: 15
    Hi Sam,

I live in Charlotte and am in the market for a Prius II. I have some questions. Could you call me if I posted my phone number?

Thanks,
    Al
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Do NOT post your phone number...

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hey Al,
    As the host indicated your # may be a bad idea may I suggest sending me a message directly. I am not familiar with this forum by any means but I am hoping the host must have some recommendations?? Let me know what I can answer and I will be happy to help.

Sam
  • nlproductionsnlproductions Member Posts: 25
    Hi Walt,

I was wondering if you might be able to give me some information on the Prius lease special that is currently advertised on the 2010 Prius. Is it better to take advantage of this deal or wait on the 2011 since the residual will be higher? Is it on all Trim packages? I would probably want the V trim package but not any options since Toyota doesn't residualize them. I assume the sweet spot is 36 months. Can I get the figures on 12K and 15K?

Thanks Walt! Will buy as soon as I hear from you.
    Sam,

What was the final selling price on the car? What was the money factor? It would seem that you got the car below invoice to get at $208. Thanks,

Al
    Hey Al,
    The selling price for the vehicle was 21,550.00, money factor I do not know but if you know where I can find that on the paperwork. I will be happy to let you know. This deal was negotiated by dealing with getting the price of the car down as much as possible and letting the dealer see how close they could get to the OTD (out the door) price that I had that was best. All the negotiations took place via phone and email. The dealer I leased the car from was actually about $1,500.00 more then the best price I was given OTD so I asked them for there best deal via Lease since they couldn't beat the other dealers sale price. Then I took that deal to my local store and wasted 3 hours of my life trying to get them to the same point as Town & country (why I wasted this amount of time I dont know) but with a little bargaining I got them 10 bucks lower then town and country and then I emailed Town and Country to see if they could beat it and they did by another 10 bucks.. Thats how I got to where we ended up. Alot of research and emails but I just told them I am buying a car today so give me your best price or I will buy from the guy who is going to beat your price.

Town and Country was a pleasure to work with and I will continue to work with them on my future purchases because of it. They really did not play any games they just gave me there best price and were willing to negotiate because they wanted to sell cars not waste time going back and forth. Let me know what else I can answer, thanks!!

Thanks,
    Sam
    Sam,

Sounds good..I'll let you know how it goes.....You've been a big help.

Thanks,
    Al
    Sam,

Close to getting the deal closed. You say you put down $500 which included the 1st months payment, But how did you pay for tax, tag, doc fees? Did you pay those in addition to the $500 or were these fees (approximately $1300) financed in to the lease over the 39 months? Thanks again for your help.
    Al
    Tax is always paid in the lease atleast in nc. Other fees I don't know where they went or what, I just paid 500 down and 208 went towards first month payment what they did with the remaining 292 is a little mystery.. the selling price is 21550 and down payment 500.. hope that helped but I don't know..

Thanks,
    Sam
  • azkals911azkals911 Member Posts: 4
    I got a quotation for a Prius II here in Michigan. It is $0 due at signing deal. Let me know what you guys think.

Here is the breakdown of the $269 Promo:

MSRP $23,760.00
    Sale Price $22,745.00
    Manufacture incentivised Money Factor .00020
    Current Residual Value $14,592.00
    Total Monthly Payment including Tax, License Plate Transfer and $0 Due at Signing = $285.14 per month for a 36 Month 36,000 Mile Lease.
  • winginskywinginsky Member Posts: 5
    SO that translates to over 10K for 36 months? Too expensive if for standard package of Prius II, you can even get III with similar price ....
  • azkals911azkals911 Member Posts: 4
    @winginsky: so what do you suggest my negotiation be. Would I ask that the Selling price come down to 22,000 even?

I don't really need at III. I just want the best deal on a II.

Thanks for the quick reply.
    edited December 2010
    So If I understand correctly you financed your 1st payment, tax, tag, doc fees, etc in to the monthly payment. If my calculations are correct your lease payment should be approximately $236/month. The difference in payment is $49 which brings you to $285. Take 49 x 36 months and this equals $1764 which must be the amount you are financing to not put any money down. You should approach this deal like you are paying 1764 down and paying $236/month. I feel you can do better. If you can negotiate the car down to $22K you can bring down the payment another $21/month.
    Sam,
    I got the Prius II. Pearl White with Tan interior. I was not worthy of your deal but I got pretty close. You saved me a lot of money.

Thanks.
    Al
  • bruin19bruin19 Member Posts: 3
    Al, can you provide some details on what you paid and where you got the deal (California or outside)? I'm looking for a similar deal on a Prius II. Thanks!
    Congrats Al!

I am glad to hear you saved a lot.
  • alowprofilealowprofile Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I'm looking to lease a 2010 Prius for 3 years (wanna start the lease in the next week)... I'm looking to get the black with the sunroof, nav (gps) and black leather seats. I test drove one the other day and talked to them a bit-- I wanted to find out what I should be paying by doing my research first. My credit is great. I'm located in Los Angeles. Does anyone have an idea of what I should be paying a month, all together? I'd like to drive off the lot with zero down... but would be willing to pay the first month (and maybe 200 dollars more) at day of pickup, etc.
    Anyone have any idea what's the best deal I should be able to get (per month) for:
    -One with everything I said
    OR
    -One with everything I said, minus the leather seats (if that's possible)... If not, just the one with the specs I mentioned above.

Thanks in advance for you advice.
  • laaudiguylaaudiguy Member Posts: 7
    Leased a Prius III in November in Los Angeles. Nothing special except for the mats. 3yr/15k with tax is $243/month. I pitched-in $2k for the drive off (covers fees + some cap cost reduction). If I remember correctly, the cap cost was $21075 prior to the reduction.

Good deal?
    Excellent deal. I got a Prius II for essentially the same deal. Good work.
  • descartesdvd1descartesdvd1 Member Posts: 15
    The best deal I have been able to get is 3yr 36,000 for a Prius II is $266/month with only first month payment at signing. The $266 includes all taxes (Va) and fees. What does everyone think? I see some better deals out there in the past but as the selection dwindles, I am motivated to move forward. Thanks.