Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Prius Lease Questions

Comments

• ksangksang Member Posts: 3
    Hi, sorry for any late reply. The place I got my Lease at was Hammer Toyota in Granada Hills CA. Hammer Toyota was doing a price match from Longer Toyota to get my business since I was unable to drive there.

I believe Longo Toyota will give you a better deals do to their large selection of vehicles in stock. If you to far to dive to Longo, you can make a deal on there website without stepping foot in the door.

If you interested in buying a Toyota of any model. Contact internet sale manager name Ray at Longo Toyota. Tell him that Kit said "you will give me at invoice or lower than invoice price".

For Purchase only: If you have a friend that work for Toyota Manufacture (not dealer), you can use his ID (with his permission) to buy a Prius II and get $4,500-$5,000 below invoice price.
  • mikeguad1mikeguad1 Member Posts: 4
    Ok, here is what they have on the table for me

2013 Prius v three package with:

Nav/entune package
    Alloy wheels
    Home link rear view mirror
    Cloth seats

3 year lease with 12k miles per year
    $326.00 per month including taxes
    Zero down, true sign and drive!
    No first payment nothing. All rolled in.

I am also giving back my sienna 3 months
    Early and they are forgiving those payments,
    So they say...

Any thoughts??? Thanks a bunch!!
  • adama99adama99 Member Posts: 2
    This deal sounds pretty good. What was the final negotiated price and MF?
    With everything it is $28,057.00

I am just wondering if they really wash those
    Last 3 payments...
  • ksangksang Member Posts: 3
    That is a super deal.
    Update!!

Ended up @315.00 all in price!! We held out a few more
    Days and they ended up saying we also qualified for the
    Loyalty discounts well! Dropped the payment and true sign & drove deal.

They must be really wanting to move the 2013's...

Good luck to future buyers, I don't understand why
    People are putting money down on these leases!?

Bad credit perhaps???
  • lilriceleelilricelee Member Posts: 19
    edited September 2013
    I just got a prius plug-in blizzard pearl for $300 a month $0 down with 12k miles per year. i have good credit and everything, is that a good deal??? someone please tell me i got a good deal.
  • newtoocanewtooca Member Posts: 10
    I am looking and getting same price for 2013 plug in

They are asking 800$ down as kinda paper work fees good price ??
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090
    We will need more information before we can evaluate your deal.

MSRP
    Cap Cost Price
    Money Factor
    Length of lease (24/36/48 months)

Was the "$0 down" just $0 cap cost reduction or $0 out of pocket at signing?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Please provide the following information:

MSRP
    Cap Cost Price
    Money Factor
    Miles Per Year
    Length of Lease

Some out of pocket costs cannot be avoided depending on what state you live in. Other states allow you to roll in all the initial charges into the lease payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• vj15vj15 Member Posts: 1
    Need help in your recommendations whether it is a good deal?
    Just spoke to a dealer and they are offering following deal (expires TODAY)

Prius Plug-In LEASE with navigation/entune etc.
    * Down $1899
    * Monthly $262, (incl. taxes & fees)
    * 3 yr, 12k/yr lease

-- Dealer also said that plug-in will qualify for $1500 CA State Rebate (so out of pocket is $400)
    -- Also, plug-in is now eligible for green sticker will 2019.

We need to close within a few hours. is this a good deal?? Please advise.
    They said 0 down

msrp is 33,280

cap cost i think toyota is giving a 5,000$ rebate on lease

money factor is 0.00001

length of lease is 36 for 12,000 miles and 17,256 is residual..

and 275 per month

V
    edited October 2013
    According to the Edmunds Lease Calculator (found here), I get a pre-tax payment of $331 using the numbers you've provided.

Looks like a good deal if the dealer is quoting you $275/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• lilriceleelilricelee Member Posts: 19
    MSRP $33415
    and yea they have the $5000 lease cash
    money factor 0.00001
    and lease is 3years/36k

it was $0 down out of pocket signing.

i've asked around, and i think its a good deal,
    if anyone is interested i got mine at tustin toyota from a sales named daniel
    Got it as well...

my msrp is 33,020

0 down

285 per month

residual is 16920

V
    That is great! Is that tax in price?

My final deal was $314.00 zero out.

36 month 12k per year. Also, they added
    The home link mirror on the package 3.

It is truly a deal, I saved 100.00 from my last
    Payment in the sienna and will save 100 a month
    In gas!

Now I just need to get used to the new engine and driving
    The Prius v....
  • cxi182cxi182 Member Posts: 2
    how many miles and how much per month with tax?

thanks!
  • cxi182cxi182 Member Posts: 2
    is this with tax per month? who did you go through?

thanks!
    12,000 miles a year....it includes the tax

i did tustin toyota....no one could beat there price...
    tustin toyota it includes the tax....
  • amoto13amoto13 Member Posts: 18
    Hi, I just contacted Tustin Toyota and spoke with internet salesman Paris. He said msrp $32,616 with $0 down, 36 month lease for $344.52 without tax ($371.22 including the tax) and residual is $16,960. The quote was with the $5000 rebate. Who did you get your deal from at Tustin Toyota? We are new to leasing. Thank you!
  • susanx1987susanx1987 Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2013
    Hi,

I just got mine at Tustin Toyota from Daniel for $340 including tax at tustin toyota.
    36 month lease and $0 down
    residual is the same $16960 also includes the $5000 rebate!
    Hi!

What dealership did you get the $275/month lease deal for a Prius Plug-in with $0 down?

The best I could find is $314 / month before tax with $0 down. I've called DCH Toyota of Oxnard, Santa Monica, Tustin, Northridge, Carson and Santa Monica.

Thanks!
    Hi!

What dealership did you go to for this deal?

Is the $1899 down the "drive-off" meaning title, license, fees, 1st month payment, etc.?

Thanks!
    Hi!

I just read Toyota's press release that the 2014 Prius Plug-in's will have a MSRP of $29,900 which is about $2,100 lower than the 2013's.

Everything about the car is the same.

Does it make sense to wait and buy that in November 2013 when they come out or do you think the 2013's will have bigger cash-back offers (than the $2k for buying & $5k for leasing being offered now) in order to compete with the 2014 MSRP?
    With this deal they have right now, they will probably sell out before the 2014's even come, i would think it is probably better to get it now with more rebates
    2014 Toyota Prius Plug-In to Start Under $30,000

Base Prius Plug-in model MSRP reduced by $2,010 to $29,990
    Prius Plug-in Advanced model MSRP reduced by $4,620 to $34,905

http://pressroom.toyota.com/releases/2014+toyota+prius+plug+in+starts+under+30k.- htm
    Hello!

One dealership just came back with a new offer.

$267 / month + tax = $289 month

0 down

$1499 drive off

36 month lease

$16,690 residual

12k miles / year

White Pearl Blizzard color

I think maybe the dealerships may be coming down in price as the month end comes and the 2014 Plug-in's are getting closer to being released.
    if you have to pay a drive off, then its not worth it, you already have a $5000 lease cash, why put money down
    The drive off is for license and fees, forst month's lease payment, etc. not a "down payment" on the car. After speaking with several dealerships, there is no way around this (although the drive off is a little negotiable).

After doing the math, you would have to get a very low monthly lease payment to make it a good deal.

For example, the Truecar price of a Blizzard Pearl Standard Prius is $29,295 if you purchase. Minus the $2500 Federal Tax Credit and minus the $1500.00 CA State rebate making the car $25,295

If I lease at $267 a month (not including tax) times 36 months, I'm paying $9,612 plus the residual of $16,690 making the price of the car $26,302 minus the CA State Rebate of $1500.00 making the FINAL price of the car $24,802 (which is not bad!)

But with the 2014's coming out very soon, I'm hoping that the 2013's will have even steeper discounts as they have to get rid of those since the cost of the 2014 will be the same as the 2013 with all the current Toyota incentives. The 2014's have get the same tax credit / rebate as the 2013's.

Right now, they've sold about 8,000 plug-ins for 2013 but their goal is 15,000 (from the research I have done). They have a way to go if it has taken them 10 months to sell 8,000....that means they have 2 1/2 months to sell 7,000

Crossing my fingers that the 2013's come down more in price! =)
    One thing to keep in mind about model year changeovers is that the residual percentage of the old model year will be lower than that of the new model year.

So while the transaction price may be lower for a '13 vs. the '14, the residual percentage difference may negate any savings.

Just food for thought.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I agree and I'm very very fortunate in having the option to buy or lease.

I'm looking at the final price of the car in either scenario (purchase or lease) including the tax rebate / credit in that final price.

Here's to hoping for bigger discounts on the 2013's! =)
    you can always get $0 drive off, getting a drive off from a dealer is just for them to lose less money, license fee is like $240 to $300, first month payment is $280, how would paying over $1000 for drive off make any sense
    look at all the people getting plug-ins for under $300 with $0 down and $0 drive off
  • bobwilson57bobwilson57 Member Posts: 4
    A lot of great info in this thread. I have to admit I am pretty new to this. I am looking at a silver 2013 Adv Plug-In. All the bells and whistles. I want to take advantage of this $5k factory lease cash.

They quoted me 1294 drive off and 468 mo lease payments on the car. The sticker was around 40-41k. I don't have info like the money factor or residual amount. Perhaps that's the first place to start. Again I'm fairly new to this. But the price still seems high.

I was thinking 1000 down and 425/mo. Thoughts?
    Hi bobwilson57!

If you don't mind a 2012 Plug-in Advanced, Toyota of Thousand Oaks still had one as of 2 weeks ago and they are really trying to sell it.....you may want to call them and see if it's stil there and if it is, what kind of deal they can offer.

Or you can wait until November 2014 as the 2014 Advanced will start at $34,905.

Prius Plug-in Advanced model MSRP reduced by $4,620 to $34,905

http://pressroom.toyota.com/releases/2014+toyota+prius+plug+in+starts+under+30k.- - htm
    The last offer I got was $267 a month, $0 down for a 36 month lease. I have not found a dealership yet that will give $0 drive off, however.
    Thanks for the info, Amoto!

Interesting. Perhaps it's better to wait for the 2014. I was under the assumption this $5k in lease cash would make the 2013 more attractive but I guess not. I'll also check up with Thousand Oaks.

Guess it's a stretch to imagine they'll go for $425/mo?
    My guess is that Toyota is offering the attractive lease cash (and $2k cash for a purchase) in an effort to bump up sales of the 2013's before the 2014's come out.

Here is the website for Thousand Oaks Toyota:

http://totoyota.com/Default.aspx

If you search under new cars and drill down to 2012 Prius Plug-in they still have it on their website. It says it's an Advanced and I would imaging they really really want to move this car!

I would check and make sure that it still qualifies for the CA State Refund of $1500.00 too. If it does, you may be able to get a really sweet deal after everything is said and done!

At $425 / month for 36 months you'll be paying $15,300. It depends on what the residual to determine if it's a good deal.

Good luck!
    your getting a $267 because you putting a drive off, you do not necessarly need to pay for first month payment , or first year registration, i know i didn't pay it
  • navsmnavsm Member Posts: 1
    with the new prices announced for 2014 PIP I am not sure if this is a good deal, but I just leased a PIP in WA

0 down and 304/monthly.

that's kinda best deal I got around on the I-5 corridor.
    My friend told me he found this deal for a loaded, 2013 Prius plug in.

1295 drive off
    455/month (tax incl)
    20,158 residual

Which I guess makes the price of the car 37833.
    Car has nav, hud, leather, plug in, etc.
    Think this is a good deal?
    edited October 2013
    when i got mine i was looking at both models, i got quoted for advanced model for $0 down $0 drive off 3 years and 36k miles with residual of 20158 for $460 a month at tustin toyota from the salesman Daniel, a drive off is never nescassary. but i ended up with the base model
    It doesn't seem to be since the 2014 Prius Plug-In Advanced will be $34,905

That makes the 2013 at $2,928 more than the 2014. Even if you take off the $1,295 drive off, you're still paying $1,533 more for a 2013 car.
  • sensei4sensei4 Member Posts: 2
    Just signed the lease and brought home a 2013 plugin in magnetic gray with nav and backup cam.
    5,760 subversion discount
    3,100 down
    296/month with Gap insurance
    36mo and 36k miles.
    16,900 residual

After lease prob just get a loan for one of our daughters.
    HOV qualified.
    Hi!

Does the $296 / month include tax? If not, what is the monthly lease payment before tax? How much is the GAP Insurance per month?

We are looking at a Blizzard White Standard Plug-in, includes adding on Homelink, Doorguards, carpet mats & cargo mat, 0 down / 0 driveoff, $284.07 / month before tax, 36 months, $16,960 residual.

I'm trying to see if it anyone is getting it for less.

Thanks!
  • sensei4sensei4 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    Yes, tax included in 296/mo.
    It was $249 before tax and gap ins.
    Gap was $595 total for term of lease.
  • slob1slob1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone,
    Sorry if I sound very dumb but this is my first lease. I would like to get the 2013 Prius with my requirements being most importantly navigation, heated seats and backup camera. It seems the Prius IV with sunroof package is my only options per the dealership.

Here is the deal he quoted me:

Prius IV MSRP W/sunroof package 33290
    Invoice 30263
    Money Factor 0.00025
    Residual Value 17342
    0 down
    Drive off: 760 including 1st month and title
    36 month Lease 10,000 miles 12k/year
    price per month w/o tax: 391
    price/month including tax 9.5% :428.145

This seems high to me...what would be a more appropriate deal? I am not even requiring a plug-in as I only have street parking available to me. Thank you so much for your help.

I live in the LA area but would be willing to drive up to 1.5-2hrs around to get a good deal.

Thanks so much
    Hi!

Try going to

https://www.truecar.com/

and see what the average price is for the car you want. It gives you a good starting point to negotiate. When I looked just now for the LA area, it says there are 3 dealers with a guaranteed price for the Prius IV at $25,066.

I'm still learning how the lease works but in doing simple math, at the end of the day you'll be paying $$31,418. That seems high.

Good luck!