Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

What is the future of GMC?

soesoe Member Posts: 1
edited June 2014 in GMC
I am seriously thinking to buy a 2009 Arcadia to drive in New Hampshire.But after hearing news about GMC's financial crisis, I am getting concerned. What is going to happen to GMC? In worst case scenario, if the company( let me get it straight) bankrupt, what is going to happen to my car ? Spare parts and service? And the car's price when resell it ? Please give me advise. Should I wait and see or should choose something else ? Soe.

Comments

• chaos42chaos42 Member Posts: 23
    how will the pending bankruptcy affect a possible by back of my vehicle :confuse:
  • chuck2011chuck2011 Member Posts: 19
    GM is teetering on the brink and they are desperate to keep going by whatever means possible. The quality of their vehicles has not risen to the level of the japanese or even the koreans now. I wonder myself what the next few years will bring.
  • jpfjpf Member Posts: 496
    GMC should have been shut down along with Pontiac and Saturn. What is the purpose of this brand when every single model has a similar one under Chevrolet? Simply makes no sense when GM is struggling to maintain 20% market share for all of its brands combined.
  • disegnodisegno Member Posts: 2
    My 2007 Acadia was hit broadside at 25 mph and both airbag curtains deployed. Body damage was repaired in a week, but now I have to wait INDEFINTLEY for the airbags from GM because parts are not being built due to new suppliers starting up since the bankruptcy! Does this mean I can stop paying on my lease to GMAC??? Help!
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Does this mean I can stop paying on my lease to GMAC???

Sure, you can stop making payments - if you want to destroy your credit rating and risk repossession. .

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • disegnodisegno Member Posts: 2
    That I understand, but if GM is not making parts for thier current customers, where does that leave us?
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I don’t know what recourse you have but I would be taking it up the GM food chain until I reach someone who can do something about it.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
This discussion has been closed.