Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Honda Accord

nowakj66nowakj66 Member Posts: 709
I like the Accord EX v6 Sedan with NAV but am frustrated that the model lacks the USB iPod interface found in the Pilot Touring (or CIvic or Fit for that matter!).

Anyone know if the USB iPod interface will be added in 2010 to the Accord Sedan?

Comments

• jcart797jcart797 Member Posts: 1
    Here is what I have been quoted in the Twin Cities Area:

2009 - Accord Sedan EX-L Manual: $23,283.00 (MSRP $26,273) Luther Honda

2009 - Accord Sedan EX-L V6 Auto: $25,584 (MSRP: $29,225) Buerkle Honda

2009 - Accord Sedan EX-L 4cyl Auto: $23,505 (MSRP: $27,075) Buerkle Honda

There are some good deals to be had!! I think I'm going to by the EX-L 4cyl manual, cant wait!
  • vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    Anyone have any info regarding the all-new 2010 Honda Crossover?.
    Will this be on dealer lots in September?

--
    07/07/2009 - Torrance, CA - An all-new crossover vehicle based on the award-winning Honda Accord will go on-sale in the fall of 2009 as the "Accord Crosstour," American Honda Motor Co., Inc., announced today. This new addition to the Honda lineup will be sold as a 2010 model. Additional information will be announced later in the year.
    --
  • dodgeman07dodgeman07 Member Posts: 574
    Where is the Honda Crosstour thread?

Surely I must be overlooking it.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    Honda has always offered more manual transmission versions of the Accord (trim levels) than any competing models, but it looks as though that may be coming to an end! ;(

The following trim levels that were available with a manual transmission in 2009 are automatic-only for 2010-

Accord Sedan- LX-P, EX-L, EX-L Navi
    Accord Coupe- EX-L and EX-L Navi

And for the record-

Civic Coupe & Sedan- EX Navi, EX-L, EX-L Navi
    Fit- Sport Navi

With the exception of the Accord Coupe EX-L V6 & EX-L V6 Navi, you can no longer get a manual-shift Honda with leather seats! And with exception of the Accord Coupe EX-L V6 Navi & Civic Si Navi, you can't get Navigation with manual transmission on any other models!??
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • hasimbolikhasimbolik Member Posts: 1
    Hi, my wife just leased an Accord EX-L V6 and I notice it is pretty noisy on the highway. The dealer told her to come in and pay $100 for some noise dampening they put on it as an extra. Is this a ruse or does after market noise dampening work?
  • billpaulbillpaul Member Posts: 103
    We are seeing the gradual disappearance of MTs on Accord sedans.

Currently, a MT is available on the 4 cylinder Accord EX-L sedan even with Navi, but it must be ordered. The Honda website does not indicate this option, but the Accord brochure does, as do some online pricing/buying services. I am currently ordering a 5-speed 4 cylinder MT EX-L with Navi. I have been assured by two dealers that this can be done.

I have been buying Accords with MTs since 1982. Honda has been one of the few manufacturers of family cars that offer a well-optioned sedan with MT, but this is changing. I will have to wait up to 12 weeks for delivery. This delay is enough to prevent a lot of MT sales since folks often buy cars because their old one has failed, and they need a new one in short order. A lot of other manufacturers also require that the MT be ordered. I think that falling MT sales is partly caused by the long delivery delay.

My 4 cylinder MT Accord EX sedans have been fun drive, with better acceleration and fuel efficiency than the equivalent automatic transmission equipped cars. In addition, the MTs have been more reliable, cost less to purchase, and require less maintenance. In this era in which higher fuel efficiency is a priority, I find the demise of the MT puzzling. Note that Consumer Reports got 34 mpg with the MT LX-P vs. 28 mpg with automatic LX-P on their 150 mile road trip, and lists a MT cruising range of 590 miles vs. 485 miles for the automatic.

This may be the last year to buy a MT EX-L sedan with Navi. Get them while you can.
  • hlwhlw Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2010 Honda accord EX V6 AT. I stand by my car, if someone shifts the gear from park to reverse or drive in the car, I can hear clicking sound, but the person in the car can not. Is that normal? Thanks.
  • elroy5elroy5 Member Posts: 3,735
    Honda automatic transmissions have always been this way. You can easily hear the shift action. The driver can hear it too, if the window is down. It's easier to hear outside the car. This is normal.
  • hlwhlw Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for elroy5's replying. Besides the clicking sound, there is other problem on my 2010 Honda. The transmission seems not smooth when the car is on low speed driving (around 25 mph), feel like someone is pushing the car on the back and then suddenly stop pushing. Should I have the car checked or that is normal for Honda? Thanks.
  • dochundleydochundley Member Posts: 4
    I own a V6 EX-L and I too have noticed some unusual downshifting with the transmission. It is my understanding that is has to do with the VCM system and is normal. My experience has been that when slowing down to a stop, the last downshift seems very obvious. I can tell when it happens. I was also told that the electronic brake distribution system can affect the way the transmission downshifts when the car is slowing down. Will wait and see.
  • rcummelinrcummelin Member Posts: 184
    Honda transmissions have been downshifting as you described for at least FIVE years that I'm aware of. Our 2005 and 2008 Odysseys both did it, and our 2008 Ridgeline does it too. It's part of how Hondas work, so you may as weel get used to it.
    The 2009 Accord EX and above had BOTH an "ambient" light that was located in the overhead console, AND a glovebox light. Both lights are totally missing from all 2010 Accords. Check for yourself.

I called Honda Customer Relations (1-800-999-1009) to complain and after I spoke my piece, I was told: "Your suggestion will be sent to Engineering where it may be considered as an improvement."

I was absolutely FURIOUS. Did Honda publish a list of everything they removed as part of the cost-cutting? I think NOT! So now my request to have things replaced that were removed is a "suggestion for improvement?" Do they think we are all idiots? Yeah, obviously, but I'm not finished with this yet, as I have also lodged a complaint at the dealer, which will likely be ignored.

Stay tuned.....
  • mrbill1957mrbill1957 Member Posts: 823
    Did Honda publish a list of everything they removed as part of the cost-cutting?

Well, sort of, yes they did. The 2010 brochure doesn't mention the ambient and glove box light. Yes I agree, it stinks when they drop things you expect in your Honda, but I don't see any recourse you have to get Honda to add the lights.

Another thing I find that also stinks is the little disclaimer they print in the brocures. It says something like: "changes can be made at any time without notice" and it happened to me. I purchased a Toyota truck years ago, and the truck didn't come with cloth visors as shown in the brochure for my model's trim level. Well the dealer quickly pointed out the disclaimer in the brochure. The truck supposedly was to have a "heavy duty starter, battery and wiper motor" in their cold weather package, well I had no way of verifying the truck had any of the upgrades.

Mrbill
    Maybe we come from different cultures, but where I come from, omitting something is definitely NOT the same as clearly stating that something had been removed. I believe this is frequently called "The sin of omission" and it should not be considered as a good way to do business. It usually results in unhappy customers. DOH!

Since I did not have a 2008 or 2009 brochure to compare to the 2010 brochure, I had no means of determining what had been listed or what had been removed. If you have both, berhaps you could do a line-by-line comparison and see if anything else has been removed. Thanks in advance.
  • tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    First of all, I'm not suggesting that getting rid of something is a good thing but do you really think that any company is going to list items that they delete when they offer a new model?

If you were in charge of a business, would you offer that info? Think of it:

--Last year's HD TV model offered you 3 HDMI jacks but this year we only put in two.

--Our vacuum used to have a 20 foot cord but we now have a 15 foot cord so that we could save money.

--This year, our models have thinner plastic than in earlier versions.

I understand that you are frustrated but expecting Honda (or any other company) to list things they dropped just isn't going to happen. I certainly wouldn't expect it.
  • choppedntubbedchoppedntubbed Member Posts: 39
    To each his own, but how can you possibly get furious over the lack of "ambient" lighting and a glove box light???

If you had known about it prior to purchase, would you have purchased some other vehicle?

Those two things are not the reason I bought a Honda Accord. They weren't even on my list. As a matter of fact, I don't recall anyone ever saying those two features were high on their list.

IMHO, if Honda had to do some cost-cutting, I think they got rid of the right features. Just my $.02. :shades:
    No, no, no. I was furious over the totally idiotic response I received from the Honda spokesperson when I complained. The missing lights are more of an irritant, except that my wife has failing eyesight, and now she will have to use a flashlight to see what's in the glove box at night. The map light is too dim at that distance.

If the cost-cutting items had been clearly listed by Honda, I would most likely not have an issue as then I would have known before my purchase. So, YES, I may have considered other cars due to the reason I mentioned above.

Look, everyone has something that "pushes their buttons" and dishonesty pushes mine. Now, you may not feel that Honda has been dishonest by not divulging what they removed. That's your choice. Forgive me if I disagree. I feel that's it is this type of thinking that has been and may continue to be the downfall of American industry, meaning that eventually all the lies and cover-ups come home to roost. Just look at what is happening to Toyota right now. Not good. Not good at all.

Just tell the truth - that's all I'm asking.
    I'm really trying hard to understand... are you saying that the dishonesty is what they told you on the phone or that the dishonesty is because they didn't list a feature that was on a previous version of the Accord but not on the current model? If it is the latter, I'm not sure I understand how that is dishonest.

I would be angry if the brochure or salesperson said that there was something on the car that wasn't, but I'm not sure you can say it is dishonest when they don't list it in the first place.

In 06 and 07, the Accord had LED tail lights but they dropped them in 08 (A mistake, IMHO). Should they have listed that somewhere in a brochure?

Do you have an example of a car company that listed what they dropped from a previous model? Or any other product, for that matter?? :confuse:
    As I said, I don't expect that everyone will agree with me. This is a personal thing, as my expectation is that when features are removed, that fact should be divulged. If this subterfuge doesn't bother you, maybe it should. It isn't like they cut the price (in fact, they raised it), they're just making more money and giving the customer less. Hey, maybe that's simply American business these days.

The Honda person on the phone claimed to be completely ignorant of the cost-cutting. Perhaps so, but was still an idiot doing nothing more than reading from a script. At least I wasn't speaking to someone on the other side of the world with a rudimentary command of the english language.

My real fear is not that features have been removed that I noticed, it's what I can't see that scares me. Have you been watching the news coverage of Toyota? The Honda engineers are drinking the same Kool-Aid, IMHO.

For an example, Yes I have one. Sort of. Toyota made a big deal announcing they were "de-contenting" their vehicles back in the mid-1990s. They went on to claim that they had removed 200 pounds of weight from their pickup by doing so. They even stated where some of the savings had come from. Anyway, the 1994 pickup was a MUCH better truck than the 1995 decontented Tacoma replacement, which was a disaster and took several years to straighten out. The 1996 Camry was also a much better car than the 1997 decontented replacement. But, that's all old history.

"Please sir, may I have some more?" Uh, no thanks.
    I didn't discover this myself. It was on another Honda forum.

On page 118 of the 2010 Accord Owner's Manual, there's a small diagram showing the "ambient light", with the statement that it is a courtesy light that comes on when the parking lights are on.

Well, well, well. Looks like the cost-cutting didn't include removing the reference in the Owner's Manual. Funny thing. There's no reference to a Glove Box light. Two different engineers? One doing a thorough job, one not?

Now I can take the Owner's Manual to my dealer and say "Where's the one in MY car?" Or, I can bite the bullet and order a switch assembly from a 2009 for $32 that has the light in it. I'll try the dealer first. More fun!!! Hey, I'm retired. This junk makes life a bit more interesting & fun.
    This junk makes life a bit more interesting & fun.

I don't see how constantly degrading cars and companies is "fun"? Maybe it's just me. I don't know what model you have, but maybe every model doesn't come with the ambient light? I doubt the lower model had one before 2010. I suggest, in the future, if you see things like ambient lights and glove box lights as "must haves", you look for them on your next test drive. If these lights are SO important to you, I'm almost sure, they can be installed.
    If they deserve degrading, IMHO they should get some. Again, IMHO, Honda deserves some.

To each his own. Have a nice day! ;)

BTW- EX-L V6
    After I showed page 188 of the Accord Owner's Manual to the gentlemen at the dealer where I bought my carthis morning, they quickly concluded that 2010 EX and EX-L models should have come with the "Ambient Light" (a.k.a. the Courtesy Light in the manual) and proceeded to immediately order one for a 2009 and arranged for installation in my 2010 after the part arrives. Thanks and kudos to the guys at the dealer. :P

If you want one in your 2010 EX or EX-L you know what to do.
  • mrbill1957mrbill1957 Member Posts: 823
    Wow, I'm surprised the dealer is willing to do that so quickly. I would think they would want to clear with honda and get their OK so they get reimbursed for the part. My bet is Honda knows about this and has already sent out notices to dealers on how to handle complaints.

Good Deal!!

Mrbill
    This list was compiled by someone with a much more in-depth knowledge of recent Accords than I have. He also has an idea for small details. Presented here only as information:

So far I've noticed the following cost-cutting measures on the 2010 Accord:

- No engine cover (PZEV LX/LX-P and EX/EX-L I4 models)
    - No hood insulator (EX and EX-L I4 models)
    - No ambient console light (EX and EX-L models)
    - No glove box light (all models)
    - No sliding tray in the center console (all models)
    - No more felt mat in the bottom of the center console (all models)
    - No more silver accents on air vent adjusters (all models?)
    - No more silver button on the e-brake
    - Silver accents removed from cup holder door and front storage bin - replaced with shiny black plastic (all models? or just EX and EX-L? not sure)
    - Leatherette door panel inserts replaced with hard plastic panels from 2008-09 LX/LX-P. Leatherette elbow rests remain.(EX models with cloth)
    - Front seatback covers (the part with the pockets) are now hard plastic instead of being covered in cloth or leatherette (all models)
    - It may be my imagination, but some of the materials used on the dash and door panels (particularly the vinyl sections) seem a bit cheaper than they were on 2008 and 2009 models. I'd have to view them side-by-side to be sure (all models)
    - There's no longer a center seam on the leatherette center console armrest. I'm nitpicking here, but it still seems like a cost-cutting measure to me (EX and EX-L models)

Here are the features added for 2010 (not a list of detailed changes, just features added that actually cost money):

- Rear seat air vents (EX and EX-L sedans)
    - Bluetooth without Navigation (EX-L models)
    - Trunk insulator (EX and EX-L models with I4)
    - Let’s not forget - a much higher price tag (all models)
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Taking the hood insulator and putting it in the trunk? That makes sense how? hmm..

Though the list is of cut parts are not that big of a deal, but its the whole point that they are cost cutting!. Its okay to do this, but all within reason. But, with all that said, I would say their list is justified. In the grand scheme of things, the items add up, and could be used for something else useful. Take the savings or invest it back into the car. Its the whole concept, a little light or not...the point..cutting items, cuts value.

Bluetooth is a nice feature!!
  • choppedntubbedchoppedntubbed Member Posts: 39
    With all of this cost-cutting, one would think we were in a severe economic downturn or actual recession the past year and a half or so.

Or, possibly one would think that last year was one of the worst years for car sales for decades. Go figure.

In view of all that has happened, it makes sense to me. Sounds like Honda has the right idea to make sure that it is here for years to come for its shareholders, employees and customers!!! :shades:
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    With all of this cost-cutting...Sounds like Honda has the right idea to make sure that it is here for years to come for its shareholders, employees and customers!!!

...or to make their vehicles less distinguished from their Detroit competitors. Ford seems to be upgrading their vehicles while Honda and Toyota cut.
    I would hardly call their list of cut items, anything major. Ford is not on Honda's level. Hardly less distinguished. If they are going to make cuts, than I think they did okay!

Honda
    Toyota
    Ford
  • hackattack5hackattack5 Member Posts: 315
    Light" (a.k.a. the Courtesy Light in the manual) and proceeded to immediately order one for a 2009 and arranged for installation in my 2010 after the part arrives"

You mean to tell me that they gave you a courtesy light that they forgot to remove from a owners manual but would do nothing for my rear brake pads that were wore out after 23,000 miles??? Who in the heck is running that marshmallow factory anyway.
    Likely the giant marshmallow man featured in "Ghostbusters." :)

The new switch panel with ambient light (a $20 part, BTW) is being installed this morning.
  • temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    I appreciate you giving us this list. I have an '05 EX-L and I am familiar with everything that you are listing. The cuts do make a difference to me. When I trade an '05 for a '10 and I have less features, I am going backward. Don't fool yourself! They did not take the money from those cuts and invest them back in the car. It is a .50 cut here and a $1.00 cut there. I am just going to keep what I have--95,000 miles and forward.
    Interesting to note that most of the items on the list (ones I could verify visually in the interior) are still in the new Crosstour. I know the Crosstour still has the ambient light.

Perhaps an attempt to further differentiate the Crosstour from the standard EX-L Accord, or maybe an attempt to further justify that amazing price difference between the two. I really have no idea, I'm just making assumptions as to how Honda might explain/rationalize the differences. :confuse:
  • blue_boyblue_boy Member Posts: 52
    Honda - like Canon - is inscrutable.
  • happyaccordhappyaccord Member Posts: 14
    Hi All,

I got a New Honda Accord, When should I bring the car in for the 1st Oil Change? Should it be 1st 10000 miles?

Thanks
  • temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    I know that is what Honda recommends. I have an '05 Accord and I change mine at 5,000 mile intervals. 10,000 is too excessive. At 95,000, mine does not use a drop. It is always at the full mark.
    I got a New Honda Accord, When should I bring the car in for the 1st Oil Change?

Check the owner's manual. Honda uses a special oil that helps remove metal particles from the new engine. We've had a number of discussions around here before and it seems the consensus is to wait until at least 5000 miles. And, at one time, that was Honda's recommendation too.
    Check your oil level often. My niece has a new 2010 V6 Accord, and I had to add a quart of oil to it at 4,500 miles. Hate to think about how low it would have been at 10,000 miles. :surprise:
  • jimex10jimex10 Member Posts: 14
    I recently traded in my 2005 Accord EX Sedan, which had 124k miles, for a 2010 Accord EXL Coupe. Yes, I agree there are some items that have been omitted - but they are minor and some I have already added back - like a 2009 ambient light, sliding tray in the center console and an engine cover. All of which cost me under $75. The other items that were cut really don't bother me. But then you have to look at what they have added. In the EXL they have added Bluetooth HandsFreeLink (no more Nav option is required), a MP3 input jack, a seven speaker 270 watt stereo that plays WMA and MP3 CD's, plus has RDS - Radio Data System, Active Noise Cancellation, Vehicle Stability Assist, 190HP vs.160HP, just to name a few. So when you take all the pluses and minuses into account, I think the pluses win. Just my opinion...
  • mbusuttilmbusuttil Member Posts: 11
    Hi,i agree with what you sad,the items that were included in this 09/10 Accords are stunning features,even in older BMW these dosen't exists,so in this forom i don,t agree with much critisizing :) .Just be happy with Honda ,anyway is there a PERFECT CAR in this world so the next i will buy.....
  • stephennc61stephennc61 Member Posts: 3
    Help me out here please! I just traded in my Accord EX V6 ?Navi 4 door for a 2010 EX V6 Navi Coupe and the rearview mirror is just a standard mirror?? Why is that?? Isnt both models the top of line and same price? So why does the 4 door have the better mirror? This is my 4th Accord and all 3 have had the auto dimming mirror?

thanks
    I wasn't aware that the auto-dimming mirror was standard on any model. I thought it was a dealer add-on.

I have an 06 EX-L w/navi. It's an I-4 but I don't see anywhere that says the V6 had anything but a standard mirror. I'll have to check further before I suggest that maybe your dealer installed them on your previous cars.
    Just looked at the 2010 Fact Sheet and the auto dimming mirror is standard on the sedan EX-L I4 and V6 but not any any version of the coupe. Interesting.

I checked the fact sheet again for the 06 model year and don't see it available as standard on any trimline. What were the years of your previous models?
  • jmillerjmillerjmillerjmiller Member Posts: 113
    Got a factory auto dim on the 2008 Accord Sedan EXL-V6 Navi. I would suggest that the auto dim mirror is considered a more luxury car item, and therefore was left off the coupe for cost savings.

I'm trying to remember if my 2000 BMW 323Ci Coupe had one....

Non premium brand coupes are still are considered to be typically owned by younger, up and coming car owners, who haven't gotten used to the luxo toys yet.

You can always get dark tint applied to only the rear hatch window. Usually the police won't bother a person for just that window being tinted dark.
    Not sure if its been mentioned, but I did notice their is not an engine cover anymore on the 2010 accord motor! The plastic cover covering the engine, making it look better, thats all. Not a huge deal really, but an observation.
    Personally, I don't like all the plastic covering the engines these days. They can hide problems (leaks etc.). Some Acura engines are completely covered, so a lot could be going on under there, and you wouldn't know it. I would rather see the engine and transmission, than some fancy plastic. I guess we all have our own priorities.
    06, 07, 08 all Navi with all the bells and whistles....

I wish I noticed it when I test drove the coupe..... Pisses me off they charge the same price for the coupe and sedan but cut corners in the sedan!!

Thanks for you info
    I'm not sure about the 08 but I'm waiting for someone else to post whether their 06-07 V-6 came with the auto dimming mirror as standard.
  • kingrkingr Member Posts: 62
    Can you tell me what part was ordered to add the ambient light for the 2010 and was it just a plug in replacement or is there any wiring which needs to be done to put the 09 part in the 2010.
    Thanks