Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Any problems with 08 acadia seats releasing?

crzymamacrzymama Member Posts: 3
I have had my car for 21 months now and I keep having a problem with the middle row seats releasing and popping up on its own. The back of the seat remains intact while the cushion pops up and acts like a catapult. This has occured while my 4 year old has been in his car seat as well as overnight while the car is sitting in the driveway. This is such a safety hazard and GMC has officially told me that they are not going to do anything about this problem because they can't figure it out. I even purchased a new booster seat thinking that was causing it and it still happens. Any one else out there having a similiar issue?
Tagged:

Comments

• concerned14concerned14 Member Posts: 5
    I have had our 2008 Acadia since last August and we have been having the middle row seat, behind the driver side, releasing on it's own as well. I have complained but they said there was nothing wrong. I am very concerned, my daughter , also in a booster seat felt it releasing while I was driving. What can we do to get this fixed, I don't want to drive with my daughter in the seat anymore. After the whole problem with Toyota, I think I am going to take this problem to the media, maybe with exposure they will do something....could you imagine if there was a car accident!
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello Concerned14,
    I am from GM Customer Service. I apologize for the concern that you have had with your vehicle. Can you please email me with more information so I can look into your situation further? You can access my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • crzymamacrzymama Member Posts: 3
    I would love to find more owners who are having this problem. I have not checked this email in a while because they replaced our bench seat with a new one............and would you believe it - it happened AGAIN! I am starting to feel like I am going to have a nervous breakdown over this car. People think I am crazy when I ask them. I am glad you responded.
    Hello Crzymamma,
    Have you told the dealership the concern is still present? Can you email me more information about your situation so I can look at the concern a little further? You can get my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
    Hello!
    I'm glad that you responded back. At the time I posted this problem on Edmunds I also emailed GM Canada...they responded right away and set up an appointment with the dealership.
    The dealership could not find the problem....however, they decided to replace the track, not the seat, this past Friday. So far no problems....I am keeping a close eye on it. Did you purchase your vehicle in Canada or USA? I purchased it in Canada but I believe it was shipped from the US. In your email you said they replaced the bench....I have bucket seats in the middle so, maybe it is a track problem...let me know.
    Thank you!
    Hello!
    Just thought I could confirm your progress with your seat....
    I had the track of my seat replaced...was fine for about a week and then, it happened again! The seat release while we were driving. Are we the only two with this problem!!
    Hello Mariah,
    I'm hoping you can help me out here! I have an 08 Acadia, purchased in Canada but the vehicle was from the US. I continue to have the same problem...the dealership already replaced part of the track system....it is still releasing. I have browsed through other websites and it looks like there are more people out there with this problem....is this a recall.... I have a 7 year old daughter sitting in that seat....this really scares me...
    edited June 2010
    Hello Concerned14,
    I am sorry that you are experiencing the concern with your vehicle. I unfortunately cannot diagnose the concern over the internet. If you currently reside in Canada, then I would get in contact with one of our Canadian agents and explain the situation to them. I apologize that I can only assist customers in the U.S.; however, these agents should be able to assist you further. This is how to contact them. Our Customer Communication Centre hours of operation are:
    Monday to Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. (E.S.T.)
    Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (E.S.T.)
    Closed Sundays
    Customer Communication Centre:
    1-800-263-3777 (English)
    1-800-263-7854 (French)
    1-800-263-3830 (TDD users)
    If you would like me to check to see if there is a recall, please email me so I can get some information from you. You can get my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
  • crzymamacrzymama Member Posts: 3
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. So far so good on my bench seat, but this is my 2nd replacement - and I am not convinced that it is a permanent solution. I think we are the only two with this problem. I ask everyone I know that has this car, and they look at me like I am crazy! Maybe we should post our concerns on other websites.
  • carri005carri005 Member Posts: 2
    I have had my Acadia for 2 years now and have had very few problems with it...until now. I bought this car so we could have a safe car for our two kids in car seats and still have room to have people ride with us. The middle row has a 60/40 split, and we have the 2 car seats on the 60 section. Last week I noticed the bottom part of the seat had unlatched and popped up. I fixed it and we went along our merry way. A day or so later, I noticed it had popped again. Again I reset it. It was unlatched again yesterday. I pushed it back into place, put my kids in their seats. When I sat down in my seat, I heard it pop and unlatch again. I removed one of the seats from that section. It stayed in place for the drive home. A couple hours later, I went out to my car and discovered it was unlatched again, and had unlatched while no one was sitting in it. Has anyone else had this problem? What can I do to fix it?
    Hello!
    We have a 2008 Acadia that had the same problem. This is a serious problem and I don't understand why they do not recall these seats! I complained to the GM Canada and they put me in contact with the manager at a Dealership. This manager was amazing. First they replaced the track but that did not work. Then they replaced the seat with a vehicle they had on site but that did not work, it kept releasing. So then, they ordered a new seat and that seemed to have worked. Unfortunately, the bucket seat is different then the one next to it but I rather be safe! I have two young children who sit in the back and safety is important. But the weird thing is that it was only the seat behind the driver side. So far so good! I love this vehicle but we have had a few issues as well. Don't get me started on the leaks b/c of the sunroof! Good luck and keep at it. This is a safety issue so keep at it, call GM head office!
  • skiplittellskiplittell Member Posts: 2
    In addition to numerous recalls, my 08 Acadia is having additional failures; instrument cluster shorting out, power steering leaks, water pump failure, etc. How does one declare that a car is a lemon? What is GMC or the dealer obligated to do about it? I'm not sure how much money I want to throw into this car since it has 115,000 miles on it. I have seen forum posts about 2008 models that were declared lemons but I don't know what that means?
    Hello skiplittell,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your 2008 Acadia. We can not guarantee anything but we would like to look into your vehicle concerns. You can always reach us via email at socialmedia@gm.com or you can call 1-800-462-8782.

Sincerely,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care