Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Sequoia Window Problems

2»

Comments

• sequoiaownersequoiaowner Member Posts: 2
    ...also, the Traction Control "off" button is no longer working following the ECU reset step...
  • jrs13jrs13 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem where the rear window will not come down. I can hear a click from the ECU (black box). I have already replaced the handle, and today I replaced the rear latch and actuator because the tailgate wouldn't open. The rear defroster light comes on, and the rear wiper works as well as the rear washer. Only the window won't come down. Each time I took the window regulator out (to access the locking mechanism and such) I had a hard time getting the bolts in or out, so I think it may be that it is jammed in place. However, when I had the black panel (with the ECU attached) off, I couldn't use the power to get the window down. So, how can I get the window down a little so I can relieve the tension and hopefully get the rear window working again?
  • zmolinazmolina Member Posts: 1
    Hi I have a 2007 Sequoia with the same problems, was trying to use the link with the pictures but i was unable to get to the page. please can you send me the link again to try to fix it because the dealer its asking a lot of money to repair it. Thanks for your help
    Zandra
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    That link looks broken. Maybe this this one will help. Looks like the official Toyota TSB.
  • sgoodsonsgoodson Member Posts: 10
    After several months of no activity, I removed this feed.
    I have restored the rear window fix to my server for you to review.
    GOOD LUCK!!

http://www.piranamedia.com/Toyota/

SGoodson :shades:
  • lavellebrannonlavellebrannon Member Posts: 2
    Put My Name On That Class Action law Suit. Going 2 Try to Remove The Brake Frist. 03-18-2013 My B-Day.
  • lavellebrannonlavellebrannon Member Posts: 2
    My Window will go Up & down. But auto don't work. but i don't let it all the way up. Might stop working & get Stuck again. Does this mean that my Motor & ECU are OK. Did Put in new Battery, but had problems before that. should i try removing Brake frist.
  • jlsatxjlsatx Member Posts: 1
    Dear Steve, I've been having the same issues as everyone else on this thread for years and I the time has come to fix it. I like what everyone says about your quick fix, but I the links to your web site and photos either are not found or go to some DVD sales site. Could you pls re-post your solution to this problem?

Thank you very much in advance! Jose/San Antonio, TX
    Sorry, but I had a bunch of rouge sites linking to my server.
    Try the following link: Toyota Rear Window Fix

PS: Print the information / The link will be deleted soon.
    Anyone needing the information will have to write in the future for me to upload to a new link.
    It's dead again. Be nice if you could find a place to park it "permanently".
    Thank you - someone over in Edmunds Answers was trying to find it.
  • grammyjgrammyj Member Posts: 2

ok this was AWESOME information! THANK YOU! It worked just like you all said! I forgot to bang on the thing a little but when I did it started purring and rolling up and down just like it was supposed to! Toyota really messed up by not issuing a recall on this! The only thing we didn't 'get' at first was to just take the brake off and put everything back together - thought we missed a step in between, oh well I guess I did - I forgot to bang on it! It's working great now! We cleaned the weather stripping just in case that was part of it too. THANKS A MILLION or at least a couple of hundred! :D

• calihogcalihog Member Posts: 1
    Hi Steve

Any chance I can get the toyota rear window fix?

Thanks
    edited December 2014
    Hm, not unless we can raise @sgoodson and get the dead link fixed.

Ha, turns out I saved it on my computer. I'll email it to you - the quality isn't good, maybe sgoodson will renew his link for a while.
  • johnsmith_2001johnsmith_2001 Member Posts: 2
    I love my sequoia but this is a annoyance. The dealer quote was for $450 ouch. I spent some time looking at youtube videos and found a few that covers it well. The one below was quite detailed. I also decided to replace my latch now that I had already removed the trim which was almost half the work.

http://youtu.be/un60pZJwelU

Seems like a easy fix if you feel comfortable doing it yourself. I found that the trim didnt go back smoothly but wife is happy that the window goes up and down again.
  • brandonia13brandonia13 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have the links or PDF files for the rear window fix?
  • albatrosalbatros Member Posts: 1
    please post the link for the window fix.
    i need to repair my window too..thanks
  • AB123AB123 Member Posts: 2
    2005 Sequoia Limited ,rear window, wiper not working, fuse Ok can hear a clicking noise. 2. Passenger side mirror not working fully. Will partially close or open. Mirror will not adjust for view fuse Ok hear noise.