Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Enclave AC Problems

Comments

• trygiventrygiven Member Posts: 1
    Like many others in this forum, we are experiencing the same problems.

We bought a 2008 Enclave used from a dealer in Jan 2012, and I don't usually buy extended warranties, but for some strange reason I did in this case and very happy for it! A month after purchasing the vehicle, things started to go wrong and things have gone down hill from there. My wife loves the vehicle, except for all of the time it has spent in the dealership.

In Feb 2012, we had an issue where we could not remove the key from the ignition. We could start the car, drive it and turn it off, however, could not remove the key and were therefore unable to lock the doors. We called the dealership and then a service truck and he couldn't figure it out either. He removed the negative wire from the battery so we could at least lock the vehicle overnight before taking it to the dealership. When we got it back, the trailer harness, that was installed by the dealership did not work. The technician suggested that the electrical for the harness shorted out the left turn signal that caused the ignition problem. I just laughed.

So we get the vehicle back and the left turn signal will not stay on. Took it back to fix that in the summer when we started having AC problems. Could not get AC, then the car would overheat, and they replaced the water pump. Now we have the AC/heat problem others have described in the forum... coincidence? I think not! Sounds as though all of the Enclaves have the same problem... I would be interested to know if this is a problem confined to one manufacturing plant or geographic region.

In any case, winter is coming, we have had the vehicle to the dealership twice and they can't figure out what the problem is. In summer, when AC was supposed to be blowing, heat was coming out. Now when heat is supposed to be blowing, cold comes out. Here is the kicker, sometimes the problem is in the back (under auxiliary blowing on my two toddlers), sometimes, the problem is on the passenger side and sometimes on the driver side.

I am not sure what the problem is but could it be the temp control module in the computer system?

Any comments appreciated, and by the way, I too wish I visited this forum before buying. I thought I performed more than ample due diligence, but apparently not.

Thank you in advance
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello trygiven,

Sorry to hear that it's been so difficult to get some of these concerns resolved on your Enclave. If we can check into this situation further with your dealership, please email us more information at [email protected] so we can start up a Service Request and contact the service department (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and the name of your dealership, as well as a brief summary of the current situation).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • dgmockdgmock Member Posts: 3
    jdkoren -- I, too, had a similar (though not identical) problem with my Enclave (see post #147). After several visits to my dealer in which they claimed they could find nothing wrong (while giving me that "You must be imagining this" attitude), they suddenly discovered the existence of a Tech Service Bulletin, #08-01-39-009B, that exactly described my problem. The fix involves reprogramming the heater module ($100), but it has cured the problem. Guess you need to take the service manuals and bulletins with you when you have these cars serviced. Anyway, I'm happy for now!
  • boblbuboblbu Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2009 Buick Enclave that has had 3 A/C problems in the last year. The A/C would stop blowing cool in the front but blows warm and fast in the rear. I tried to increase the fan speed but it would not increase. The front vents were barely blowing cool air. I tried to turn off the A/C and it wouldn't go off. So I turned off the entire system for about 10 minutes and turned it back on and it worked OK. I brought the Enclave into the dealer on all 3 occasions but they could not duplicate the problem and said the A/C checked out fine and the computer showed no problem codes. This is a very disturbing problem and living in Florida it is imperative that the A/C works. I'm very happy with the Enclave otherwise but if GM cannot fix this obvious defect I will have to sell the Enclave and replace it with a NON-GM product.
    HAS ANYONE GOT THIS PROBLEM FIXED? :mad:
    boblbu,
    If you would like for us to document this concern for you and follow up with the dealership on your behalf, please email us at [email protected] (include your name, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and a brief summary of the situation so far).

• fvdeanefvdeane Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2008 Buick Enclave that I purchase pre-owned in 2009 with 20K miles. I love the style, the room and features of the vehicle but I'm very disappointed with the mechanical problems. A couple of years ago the rack and pinion was replaced. I noticed the steering felt odd and this was replaced under warranty. A year after that the steering started doing the same thing but I was told that it was a different problem which would cost me $800+. Last year I started noticing that my AC wasn't very cool and on our way home from Disneyland in October 2012 the air gave out completely. I took it in and was told the evap core had to be replaced and it would cost $1200+ to repair. So I'm driving this beautiful car with jacked up steering and no AC which just upsets me greatly. I didn't purchase an extended warranty because I figured that Buick was a quality product although I have 86k miles and it would have expired by now. I've never owned a 4 year old vehicle which such major problems. The weather is going to start warming up and I'm going to need AC soon but I don't have the money to fix it and I won't be able to get a good trade-in with the problems that it has.
    fvdeane,

We're sorry that you're so discouraged with your Enclave. If you wanted for us to check into anything, please be sure to contact us at [email protected] with more details (including your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation so far).

• betty66betty66 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2012 Buick Enclave in Oct. 2012. At 900 miles, it started to miss out on a cold start and blew black smoke through the exhaust.This went on for about 30-40 secs. The gas smell was so bad you couldn't walk behind the car without getting nauseated. I contacted the dealer and they said it might have had some moisture in the tank. It continued, so at 1500 miles they checked it and found a #1 cylinder misfire and fouled plug. They replaced the coil and the plug. I picked it up but the next day it did the same thing. They then replaced the #1 fuel injector-they said it was bad. It was there 2 weeks waiting for an injector. It missed out but very slightly when I picked it up. The next morning it did the same thing. They have since come up with a memo written in 2011 saying that because of EPA standards they have to flood fuel in to heat up the catalytic convertor to close the loop and make it run more effiecient. It's funny that it didn't do it for the first 900 miles. I have checked with 6 other Enclave, Traverse and Acadia owners. None of theirs do this. They have the same engine. Some of them do it some don't. There has to be a fix. I asked the GM area rep if the memo was an excuse or a reason. I can't imagine the EPA wants the atmosphere flooded with exhaust fumes and black smoke when I first start my car. My exhaust pipes are full of black soot.
    betty66,

Let us know if we can check into anything further for you on this! We can be reached at [email protected] (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the concern).

• tinyvootinyvoo Member Posts: 1
    I too have a Buick Enclave 2008. After 1 yr of having the vehicle, I had to have a complete overhaul of the transmition, windshield washers replaced, a coil under the hood corroded, radio is faulty. Meaning the volume only plays on 1 side of the vehicle and the dealership said it wasnt covered under warranty. Now in 2012 my transmition had to be overhauled. From the very beginning, this vehicle was a lemon. Yes, its beautiful to the eye, but very costly to purchase and repair. The dealership can't seem to catch whats going wrong with the vehicle unless a code pops up. They don't have to be mechanics anymore; only requirement is to know how to read. Just as the person that is responding to these blogs keeps saying the same thing over and over about not being able to help but you can send her/him your information if you want her/him to look into it for you. What a joke Buick Service and product has turned out to be.
  • tadpolegaltadpolegal Member Posts: 2
    I agree with your statement "Just as the person that is responding to these blogs keeps saying the same thing over and over about not being able to help but you can send her/him your information if you want her/him to look into it for you. What a joke Buick Service and product has turned out to be."
    It's pathetic. Just tell everyone you know about your experiences and If everyone does, GM will learn real quick when they stop selling vehicles that they are going to have to change their ways.
    tinyvoo,
    Have you tried getting a second opinion from a different dealership? Normally we do recommend sticking with one dealership as they would be more familiar with the history of your vehicle, but sometimes it's helpful to have a fresh set of eyes.
  • dgmockdgmock Member Posts: 3
    tadpolegal --

Actually, I was able to get my problem satisfactorily resolved after the GM Service people intervened on my behalf following my original post in this forum. Until then, I was getting nowhere with my dealer, but once GM Service got involved things started moving very quickly and I found the dealer actually began listening to what I had been trying to tell them. So, in spite of having some initial problems with my dealer, I have to say that the GM Service people were very responsive and helpful in my case. Maybe you should give them another chance!
  • fvdeanefvdeane Member Posts: 2
    Well I have an update to my issue since posting on 1/26/13. I had emailed GM customer service on the same day and someone contacted me first thing on Monday morning. GM contacted my local dealership and made an appointment for me to take the car in to diagnose on 1/29/13. Once the diagnosis was made to replace the steering rack and the evap core GM agreed to pay a good part of the repair. I had no warranty left but GM was very concerned about my problem and made sure that they looked into the problem. I have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised that I was taken care of so quickly and efficiently. A total of 6 days and my car is now repaired and I only had to pay a fraction of the cost. GM is definitely doing their best to improve their customer service and the dealership was equally accomodating. Don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have an issue with your Enclave or another GM product, you might just be surprised at how willing they are to help.
  • blackgpblackgp Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Boy do I feel like a sucker, bought this beautiful Buick Enclave for my wife to drive, got a great deal on the purchase and now I believe I know why I got suck a sweet deal. The car should be painted yellow ( lemon ). It has been back to the dealer for several different problems. First time it was the power steering, so far that repair is working well. ( 2nd time ) Then we had it in for AC problems. They managed to fix it for a while but the problem is back and the outside temperature is rising. Third visit to dealer was a bust. Took it to them with strong concerns over how the car was riding, our beautiful Basically the dealership keep it 2 days and stated that they could find nothing wrong with the way the car rode, that this ride was to be expected of a used car. I then contact Buick and also got a call from GM, after a couple of weeks of so called investigating GM called to tell me they were closing the case, that they also felt that nothing is wrong with the car. In the nicest way that I could I told them that they were wrong and that I would not be the owner of this car much longer. I am still shocked that General Motors is allowing something like this to happen. Its obvious that this is not an isolated case, the Enclave problems are really becoming well known, just type in Buick Enclave in Google and you can read for hours. Lastly, I am completely in awl that Buick has brain washed their people into telling the customers that their is nothing wrong with their car. I have never been a complainer, but since I bought a Buick I have become a very unhappy person when it comes to this car. Looking at trading it off and just hoping to get something for it in trade for some brand other than a GM.
  • jim_mcjim_mc Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Well, I thought I was Special, then reading all of the posts I found that this is the norm... 09 Enclave In for service again right now 45000 miles, Steering rack #3 (2nd in last 2 weeks).Now the laundry list of replaced items

Steering column---for rubbing & ratcheting noises while turning
    Indash video display----kept getting error internal problem
    AC evap core----cracked would not hold charge(had to remove interior to replace)
    front struts----leaking oil
    Timing Belt---(had to remove engine to replace)
    Power Steering Pump----severe noise on turning wheel
    Tires---totally worn out at 26000 miles (Michelin Latitudes)
    Steering Rack & Pinion---3 TIMES same problem all 3 times did I say 3TIMES
    Oil Sending Unit--Causing car warning to STOP ENGINE IMMEDIATELY

All Items requiring me to go back & forth to the dealer at least twice for everyone of these repairs because the either did not fix right the first time or broke something else....UGH!!!
    Sorry more like a rant than a blog
    jim_mc,

We're sorry that you are so frustrated with your Enclave. Please let us know if we can check into anything further for you by emailing us at [email protected] (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).

• jas_karejas_kare Member Posts: 2
    My husband bought me my dream car as a mother’s day gift last year – it was a certified GMC so we thought great no problems. The care had 36 – 38,000 miles (I can’t remember right now) – and no problems until this past year. Of course, the AC / heating system has messed up – and I was told when I called I was just over my warranty by 300 miles so I would have to pay to get it fixed (I was told this several months ago). Now the passenger side constantly blows hot air and in the rear only cold air - no matter what temperature it is on. My kids are either sweating or freezing - it's crazy! I decided I would just have them check it out when I took it in for the oil change, but last week the problem got worse. To top it all off the service brake light came on and the stabiltrak is flashing and saying it is off. They have told me that that there is fluid leaking from the master cylinder to the brake booster and to fix it $945 – and this must have been a defective part?? The A/C and heat problem are the temperature actuators for the passenger side and the rear and to fix this $655 plus the $165.00 I have to pay just to tell me what is wrong with it and all because of defective parts? I will never have another GMC – you really stand behind the certification. The guy at the shop just acts like oh well - your problem - and told me you should have brought it in earlier (about a/c problem) I can't go on what you say it has to be noted by being seen in the dealership.
    jas_kare,
    We're sorry to hear about your frustrations and would be happy to check into this further for you. We can be contacted at [email protected] and ask that you include your name, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and a summary of the situation.
  • atisdaleatisdale Member Posts: 4
    I feel the same way! I have a 2009 Enclave that I bought new. I took by car into the dealership in March of 2012 because the air conditioning was not working. I had noticed in the fall before that at times it would sometimes make a noise but only a few times and then I didn't need the air again until March. When I did it was not working at all. I took it in and they charged the freon and added dye and told me that it likely just needed freon and but if I had issues I could bring it back in and they could find the leak because they had added the dye. The air worked great and I did not have an issue again until this spring when it was time to use the air again and it was not working. I took the car in and again got the freon charged and the dye added and made an appointment to come back in since now I knew there must be a leak.

When the mechanic found the leak they said that it was in the evaporator core and that it would need to be replaced. He said that he himself has made the same repair on four other Enclaves. That number seems excessive in one dealership. I also saw many posts about this same issue for Enclave owners. I find that there seems to be an unusually high number of this type of repair.

I have contacted customer service and have been patient but it does NOT seems that GM is going to stand behind there product. I believe this to be a known issue even though there is no recall regarding the evap core. The last four vehicles my husband and I have purchased where GM. I expect more from their "luxury" line. If they do not come through and do the right thing here I do not believe we will purchase a GM again. This is very disappointing considering I really love this car and I am asked often about how I like it.
    Hi jas_kare,

I apologize that you've had this trouble with your vehicle. Were you given a customer care case number when you spoke with GM Customer Service in the past? If so could you provide it to me, I'd like to research more on your concern. I look forward to your response.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    My case # is 71-1173466492.
    I have gotten no help from the GM customer service at all. I was told that they would not help with the repair. I truly think this should be a recall since so many people have had this problem. I was told that they would not help me because my vehicle was not properly maintained but was given no reason as to that conclusion. I have had all maintenance done on my vehicle. I am SO frustrated going back and forth with them for two weeks for them to just tell me that. I'm so upset that they have ruined how I feel about my Enclave when they could have had a customer for life. Do the right thing!
  • cmensingcmensing Member Posts: 7
    I feel your pain. I have a 2010 Enclave which was the perfect car for our needs with the hugh space in the back. I have put on quite a few highway miles in 3 years (69,000) and with the exception of an air leak in passenger window creating a whistle and the drivers seat heater turning off prematurly it's been a great ride. The air conditioning season has just started and mine is not working. Also noticed some problems at slow speed with the power steering. Into the Buick dealer today and $1,400 to fix the power steering another $200 or so for the air conditioning; on a 3 year old car!!! Now I come onto this forum and find out many other Enclave owners are experiencing the same problems.
    I've had GM products in the distant past and swore never again (remember the Vega with clutches that disintegrated right after the 12K warranty expired along with the rust that set in at 14k mile? Or the Regal with the rear window falling out as I left the car dealership on day 1?) but the Enclave with it's unique design and size caused me to cave.
    I will be buying a replacement for the Enclave in a few months and considered buying another one, but after today I'll hold off for the redesigned Highlander with the added space
    coming out this fall.
    Hi jas_kare

I can look up your vehicle information to see if there are any known recalls on you Enclave regarding the concerns you've described. If you are interested just provide the last 8 digits of your VIN.

Regards

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    Thank you Amber. The last 8 digits of VIN are AJ257684
  • poorfromcarpoorfromcar Member Posts: 2
    I am in the same boat as most of you. My 2010 Enclave, formerly dream car as well, just at 52,000 (2,000) past warranty, has had to have the AC condenser replaced at a whopping $1700. The sad thing is that a funny smell was coming out of the ac (I was told it was the oil and freon mixing together by the service man) at 49,000 and I SHOULD have brought it in, but thought it was silly to bring it in for just a smell. Very frustrating that this is a recurring problem and GMC will not take care of it. I thought the Enclave would be a car I would buy again in eight years, but not now. :(
  • poorfromcarpoorfromcar Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    I wanted to add that if you smell something funny from your Buick Enclave AC, bring it in. It's the freon leaking. Wish I had of known that earlier! It started at 49,000 miles and I felt silly bringing my car in for an odd smell. I thought maybe I picked something up from the highway. Then at around 52,000 the hissing started and the AC wouldn't cool on the passenger side or back seats, only on the driver's side. This repair is costing me close to $1700. (Found out today when I brought my car in that the smell was the freon leaking the whole time.) I am just truly dissappointed that this broke in my car so soon! It's a 2010 and only 52,000. What happened to quality Buick products? I truly wish that GM would step up to the plate and take care of this problem since it seems to be happening so often. I am very disappointed in my "dream car". Very sad. I won't be getting another Enclave, which, until today, I was thrilled at driving.
    cmensing,

I looked up your VIN and there aren't any open recalls listed for your vehicle. I also looked into the steering concern you mentioned, and there are also no technical service bulletins currently listed regarding this for the 2010 Enclave. If you have any future concerns please feel free to reach out to us.

Sincerely,

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • gerschmangerschman Member Posts: 5
    I think I'm going to have the same diagnosis when I take my 2009 Enclave in on Tuesday. The A/C does not get cold at all and the air only comes out of the 2 center vents and feet. Switching modes does nothing as the air will not come out of the defroster and very little out of the side front vents. A cracked core is something I was hopning it wasn't going to be, but reading all these posts, it seems I'm in for it. I had my doubts when I bought a this thing back in October because it was a GM but it had everything we wanted/needed in an SUV. I should have listened to my gut - NO MORE GMs!! :sick:
    Well the final bill for the power steering was 2200 because they needed to replace the pump. The nice lady from GM looked up my VIN and said nothing they could do and that was reiterated by the service folks at Buick dealership. This used to be be common in the 80's when you purchased a car new and began putting major money into it when you crossed 50,000 miles. I guess I got spoiled with my Nissan Maxima and 100,000 with no problems, or my Honda Van no problems 100,000 +. Or my Acura MDX, you get the point. As I pointed out earlier, let my guard down going back into a GM dealership after almost 30 years. But as the saying goes, you can fool me once. Toyota here I come.
  • jas_karejas_kare Member Posts: 2
    My mother's day gift of the Buick Enclave starts again - we just paid to have our GMC certified Enclave's air conditioning repair and a month later the transmission is messing up so of course it is out of warranty so now we have to pay for this repair. I now officially hate this car and will never purchase another GM product - I cannot believe we have paid so much for a vechicle and a year later there is a new problem every month.
  • tom320tom320 Member Posts: 7
    i feel your pain as well as the other people who have posted about their feelings about this vehicle. I too am aN Enclave owner who fell in love with it from the very beginning but has had to deal with heart ache over the continuous repairs it needs. I am currently experiencing A/C problems (FIXED BEFORE BUT NEW ISSUE), transmission(replaced whole thing under warranty back in 2009 ) trans module, motor mounts, gasket issues and something else that I don't know. I will be taking it to a completely different GM service department just because the dealership "CASTLE BUICK North Riverside il. jerked me around for 2 weeks. This dealership has serviced my car since I bought it. My car has truly never been the same after they replaced motor something. Wow!! It has even had the power steering shaft fixed only to still make all that winding weird noise. I used to brag about how great this car is, now Im afraid to open my mouth out of fear of another whopping car repair bill. In all fairness GM has great CUSTOMER service reps Who will work on your behalf to help. It sometimes is very reassuring that somebody at GM cares about their image and public perception.
    I believe something should be done about all the rotten Buick Enclaves. I WOULD LIKE A NEW EXPERIENCE WITH BUICK but thats only because I still like what the Enclave represents in a crossover. sorry.
    Work with GM cust serv to see if you can resolve issue. keep us posted.
    Jim,

I think we have had very similar issues. I'm assuming that you have gotten them all taken care of. GM customer service is good at handling these issues. I just wish we didnt have to go through great lengths and have our hearts broken over us trying to support US company. 40K is a great deal of cash to invest in a car and we all expect for it to work properly. I have replaced motor, trans, pwr steering, struts, mounts,
    (3) stabilizer bar or links, fuel pump, tires galore, and more. My radio even doesnt work properly. The radio in my 95 Plymouth CD PLAYER still worked to this day. I really sympathized with other Buick Enclave owners, I just wish I was in a better position to trade, or buy a new something. Anyway thats my rant back. also support for you to deal with Cust Serv.
    I have been a proud (30%) not so proud(70%) owner of a 2008 Buick Enclave since these vehicles have come out. In fact I had this truck JULY of 08'. I bought it and it hadn't even been delivered yet. I felt very proud because this was the very first time I had purchased a NEW car. I felt a sense of accomplishment and loyalty to the American brand. My dad, uncles and neighbors growing up were all GM owners. The Park Avenue and the 225 (Deuce and a quarter) were the most luxurious cars I had ever been exposed to aside the Cadillac. So naturally when Buick came out with THE Enclave, it was a perfect fit. It seated 7 passengers, swagg appeal, and was what I thought I knew.
    All that I felt for this vehicle has changed due to the excessive car repairs and costs. A $40K car should last a good 4-5 years without all the major stuff. There is no way I should be replacing a whole transmission and a motor before that time, even if it was a warranty fix. My A/C has been worked on a couple of times only to still not work. The power steering situation also was a major $ out of pocket expense, only to still make noises. If the service department didnt fudge the reports, I may have a list of all the repairs that were done by them alone. I am now in a situation where I may have to spend over $5k just to have to car running decent again. Its quite frustrating and sad that this beautiful crossover has so many issues. I feel cheated and disappointed and want a bailout. I wonder if the 2013 models have the same issues or if they have been worked out since this forum was started?
    I will say on the record though, GM Customer Service is great! They will help anyway they can and get to the bottom of the issues their clients make. I sometimes just wish we could just swap out the bad vehicle for a better one and just keep moving, that way I could get my moneys worth.
    Having children (2)with DISABILITIES, extra curricular activities, 2 businesses and etc we do our share of moving around. We need dependability and access to transportation all the time. Our Buick has seen alot of miles having to do the normal things a family does. Gm got a bailout in their time of need, I'm wondering if ever they can pay that forward and help me regain my love for them? I want to feel great about BUICK again. My children need that same pride I had. They are future customers.

Tom
    Hi Tom,

I completely understand the importance of having a dependable vehicle for yourself and your family. If there is anything else that we can do for you do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Sincerely,

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    jas_kare

We apologize that your vehicle has caused you such frustration. If you would like us to look deeper into your vehicle concerns we would be happy to do so. If you are interested please email me at [email protected] ATTN: Amber. Please include your full name, address and VIN.

Sincerely,

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    edited May 2013
    Got the esimate to replace the evaporator core.... $1600! Plus $312.55 to replace the door mode actuator for the air to be diverted to defrost, panel, feet, etc.
    Done with GMs. Absolutely done.
    Good afternoon gerschman,
    Do you think you will proceed with the evaporator core repair? We're sorry that you're having this experience with your Enclave, but are hopeful that after the repair that your ownership experience will turn around. Let us know if we can check into anything further for you! We can be reached at [email protected]

Sarah (Assisting Amber), GM Customer Care
    Sarah,
    I am reluctantly proceeding with the evaporator core replacement as I really have no choice. I am appalled that GM hasn't recognized this issue and at least issued a TSB for the A/C problems that so many people on these forums have had. There are many other website forums with other Lambda platform (Acadia/Traverse/Outlook) owners who are equally disgusted over the problems that they are having with thier vehicles. GM really needs to step up and throw a bone to some of us or - like many already have - jumped the GM ship alltogether. I'm just afraid that right after the powertrain warranty runs out that tranny problems will start to occur.
    Thank you for any assistance you can lend!
    I posted on this board several weeks ago about the same issue. GM Customer Service has been horrible in the whole process. Basically they call the dealership and if you are not in warranty they will tell you that is your responsibility. Although I asked to get to another level of support I received the same answer. If the dealership is not willing to work with you, you are out of luck. GM themselves are not going to do anything unless you are in warranty. If anyone hears of a Class Action Lawsuit regarding this please post it here. I am furious! If everyone is getting their work done at a GM service center they KNOW how big of a problem this is. And I'm sure there are a good number who are not. My dealership alone has done 4 of these repairs not counting mine!
    edited May 2013
    I am actually not getting my evaporator core replaced at a GM dealer, but rather back where I originally bought the Enclave - a Ford Dealer. The reason was that I was hoping to get a little love since I bought 2 cars from these guys within 3 months. They didn't really help me on price, but they have given me a brand new loaner car for the time that its in the shop - which is rather nice. I could have went to an independent shop that was a little cheaper, but I obviously couldn't get a loaner from them. So, from what you said, atisdale, I guarantee there are many people that have gone to other shops for this fix as most of the time they will be cheaper than taking it to a GM dealer shop. Perhaps we SHOULD start a class action? I found a couple of resources on the web. I will look into it further.
  • sharpe0126sharpe0126 Member Posts: 1
    2008 Buick Enclave: Air stopped blowing out in the front of the vehicle but blows out in the middle and back of the vehicle. What could be the issue? Also a stabilitrak message continues to pop up saying "STABILITRAK IS OFF". The battery has died twice in the past week and my husband and I are thinking it's due to chords being left plugged in. I'm not sure if this has something to do with the air issue.
    The air not blowing out of the front is because your door mode actuator needs to be replaced. Basically it opens and closes vents to direct the air where its supposed to go based on what mode you select. Mine set me back about $300.
  • woods75woods75 Member Posts: 4
    We are the original owners on a 2008 Buick Enclave that has just under 65,000 miles. During the warranty period, we had the passenger airbag assembly/sensor replaced 5-6 times, the transmission partially rebuilt twice, and then completely replaced once. The power steering sensors were also replaced. The TPMS systems have been replaced. The brake system was worked over by the dealer. The battery also died and was replaced by the dealer. Now, less than 15,000 miles after warranty expiration, the AC system seems to be dying. The service manager at the dealer says that is typical and normal for a vehicle with this many miles. BS!!!! It seems that every Buick Enclave has AC problems at 50,000 - 60,000 miles or less. How is this not a recall by GM? I noticed that many of you have contacted GM about these same items. Have you had any response/help from them, other than an appointment to get ripped off by their dealers?
    We sincerely apologize that you have experienced multiple vehicle repairs. If you would like any assistance with this matter, please feel free to contact our Buick Customer Assistance Center at 800-521-7300. We can also be reached by email at [email protected] [ATTN Amber].

Sincerely

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • woods75woods75 Member Posts: 4
    I contacted our local GM dealer that has done most of the service over the years on our Enclave, took it in to diagnose the problems, hoping and praying that they would be able to get GM to step up and help correct these problems. I am thrilled to say that GM did step up and paid for 75% of the repairs. My cost to have the rear evaporator core replaced, the master brake cylinder replaced, and yet another connection on the passenger air bag replaced was under $250!! That's more than the zero I would have ultimately loved to have paid, but we are ecstatic that GM actually came through and did what's right.
    woods75,

I am happy to hear that you are satisfied with your offer. If you have any additional concerns please do not hesitate to let us know.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • boblbuboblbu Member Posts: 2
    After several months I believe GM has rectified my problem with my 2009 Enclave. Problem: The A/C would start to blow warm and I could not turn it off or raise or lower the fan speed. To rectify it I had to turn off the climate system completely for 5-10 minutes then turn it back on and it would work as normal. This happened several times but worked perfectly when I brought it to the dealer. I was so frustrated that I sent a letter to the the President of GM NA and was pleasently surprised when I received a phone call from the executive office. They were super and followed up constantly with me and the dealer and provided an extended warranty on the climate system parts and labor included. I have absolutely no gripes with GM and am glad to say that the dealer found the problem after several months of diagnosis. My case was a very slow leak in the water pump that the dealer replaced at N/C. It's been extremely hot in FL for the past 6 weeks and the A/C is working fine. Note: There is a TSB you can refer to when you bring your Enclave in for service TSB #08-01-39-009B. GM and the Dealer Dick Norris of Palm Harbor FL. were very Customer focused and they have won a customer for life with their response to my problem.
    I'm so happy for you boblbu!! These are the types of things we love to read. Glad to read that you are experiencing the comfort that is provided by a properly functioning A/C, especially in Florida. Always good to hear from a satisfied customer. Enjoy your weekend! :shades:

Marlea Wilson
    GM Customer Service