Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

07 laredo turn signals

mrwzrd59mrwzrd59 Member Posts: 1
My used 07 Laredo has "normal" turn signal function when the headlights are off, but when I turn them (headlights) on, the turn signals cycle twice as fast as normal. What could be the cause.

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    You have a bulb that is burned out or about to burn out.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • loosenutloosenut Member Posts: 165
    yes,-or,a bad ground..turn lights on,and flashers,then walk around and check all the bulbs..or,check ground if one "set" isn't working(right-rear/left front),.
    as a retired pro driver,i try checking my lights reguglarly-only wish MORE people would do that..drives me CRAZY when someones driving around with one brake light-out of 5??
    they used to give out tickets for just one out-or maybe they were just picking on me!!(ha)
  • ozjeeperozjeeper Member Posts: 5
    I have a 2005 Grand Cherokee Jeep and one day I noticed that the right front turn lights were staying on even after the vehicle was locked. The only way I could turn them off was to disconnect the battery. The dealer says the fault is in the main control unit and quoted $3500 Australian to replace it.

I am unwilling to pay this amount for what is basically one wire that appears to be permanently switched on in the MCU.

Was wondering if anyone else has this problem. For the moment I have made a rig that plugs into the trailer hitch and wired back into the front turn signals.