Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Chevy Equinox Problems

Comments

• broadstbu11ybroadstbu11y Member Posts: 8
    So I am not the most mechanically inclined and I hate dealing with dealerships because I always feel like I am going to get jerked around and how would I know any better?

About a month ago I had to take my 2010 Chevy Equinox into the dealership because I started having issues. First the engine was getting louder than usual and I was hearing that dreaded clicking sound. Than I turned the key to shut off the vehicle and it would continue running for about 3 seconds without the key in and than clonk out. Than a Stabilitrak warning kept popping up and than would go off and finally the check engine light began to appear. Brought into my local dealer (short warranty expired) and to my suprise, my issue was covered under the 100,000 power train. They replaced the high pressure fuel pump and line/pipe... Issue resolved, very happy.

Now, a month later, new issue. Have noticed that the engine sounds like crap again. Was actually going to bring back to get it looked at when today, driving on highway I notice that cold hair starts shooting through the vents when I have the heat running...

1st - message pops up that AC is off due to High Temperature
    2nd - 10 seconds later, I notice that the temp gauge shoots up to H
    3rd - Warning - HIGH COOLANT TEMP
    4th - Warning - ENGINE OVERHEATED - IDLE ENGINE

Pulled over, temp finally started to drop back down after about 10 minutes of idling. Get back on road, just trying to make it a few more miles to my place when this occurs all over again within a minute. This time I pull over for good and call Chevy Roadside Assistance, they tow me over to the closest dealership where my vehicle now is.

Does Anyone have any idea what the problem may be? Related to the first incident? If so, covered under power train? Had to get a rental but they only had small cars, no can do for work... they gave me a smaller nissan rogue suv, said they would cover costs if my issue was a result of power train warranty, otherwise I will have to pay for the rental as well?

Any ideas, tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    If we can be of any assistance in working with your dealership, please email us and we'd be happy to help! Otherwise, we look forward to hearing an update on your progress on the forum.
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    Doesn't sound to me like its related to prior issues.

Generally I would expect the cold thing thing (and other symptoms) would have me thinking about low coolant level or perhaps a stuck thermostat.
    Just heard back from dealership...

They had two different technicians work on the issue and they could not identify any problem with the vehicle. First time I spoke, said maybe a faulty thermometer or temp guage? Would probably replace that. Spoke again and said there is no need to, if there was an issue with the vehicle it would show up on a report and they are not seeing any error/warning reports with the vehicle. They said that the oil was terribly low and that could have caused this. I checked the oil life on the vehicle and it read 60%. Dealership stated that the previous person who changed my oil may not have reset this feature. However, previous person happened to be the Chevy dealership I previously took my car to for prior issues.

Deep down I am hoping there is nothing wrong and it is something this simple but I am definately skeptical because of how crazy my car was acting 2 days ago. Crossing my fingers...
    Good to hear from you again. I hope that your new dealership is on the right track; if you would like for us to follow up at all we're happy to!
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • ronwelronwel Member Posts: 57
    If you can...keep a very close eye on your oil levels. I would check it at least once a week, and write down the level somewhere. This info can help your service dept. figure out if there is indeed something wrong with your engine. I have heard (and experienced) issues with the 2010 Equinox "burning" a lot of oil in a short amount of time.

Hopefully you issue was just a forgetful service tech!
    The more I think about it though, it just doesn’t add up. Even if the tech at the 1st chevy dealership did forget to reset, that would mean that it was stuck at whatever level it was at when I brought it in to them. If I continued driving from that point forward, and I was just past my next oil change, 300 miles? It would have been well below 60% oil life and if there was barely any oil remaining, that would suggest that something just isn’t right here... Doesnt make any sense to me... I am definately going to continue to monitor this... If I get it back and it acts up again, I will definately check in GM.
  • ronwelronwel Member Posts: 57
    edited February 2012
    yah...I was going to mention that your dealership did not know what it was talking about...but I thought twice.

If the tech did forget to reset the OLM, then you would still have enough oil, but your OLM would be telling you to replace the oil. Right now your OLM is saying that you still have 60% life left in your oil...but your oil is almost gone. IF the tech DID forget something...then they forgot to replace your oil, but did reset your OLM, which is highly unlikely.

Check your tailpipe to see if it is black with burnt oil. Smell your oil to see if is smell like gas. Watch out for an engine mis-fire (your check engine light will come on) combined with a dirty sparkplug.

I had a leak where the transmission connected to the engine, and have to have a seal replaced. My engine was still burning oil after that.

Good luck.
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    Oil life has NOTHING to do with how much oil is in your engine. All it does is tell you that the oil is dirty or getting dirty and will need replacing at some point in the future. You need to manually check oil about every other gas fill.
    Thanks for the heads up guys... BUT THE SAGA CONTINUES!!!

Just got the car back. That was fiasco in itself. Been driving around in the loaner they put me in. Said if it was something w/ powerT they would pay otherwise I would have to since my 50,000 has expired. Had to do it, need a car for work. After getting the call 8:30 this morning that they ran all types of diagnostics to try and get the issues to occur again and the conclusion was that I needed oil etc. I said to move forward. Called to check in at 2, guy was busy, would get back to me. Called me back at 4:00 to say it was ready... 8 hours to change oil? Needless to say, they tried to charge me for a 3rd day with rental because after 3:00 it was the start of the 3rd day. NO SHOT! After an hour of arguing, they agreed to pay.

This is when it get’s best, after 2 days of running the car to try and get it to overheat as it read on the warning, with no success... I drive the car back to my place which is 10 miles away. Turn on the heat, again, nothing but cold air coming out. Temp gauge starts increasing to Hot, before it gets all the way to the H,
    1. warning - AC off due to High Engine Temp.

Hits the H on the gauge...
    2. warning! - High Coolant Temperature
    3. warning - Engine Overheated - Idle Engine

Right back to square one after spending $95.00 for diagnostics and oil change and $124.36 on a rental. Pretty pumped about all this...

Called dealership and told them the issue AGAIN... Guy said he has never heard of this happening before a check engine light at least coming on... which has not occurred.

Pretty frustrated right now...
  • carnut83carnut83 Member Posts: 4
    No more than a couple of months after getting this thing brand new in December of 2009 with the D.I. 4 cyliner we had to take it back in for a HVAC recall and something to be corrected with the exhaust. No issues for thousands of miles. Then in the spring of 2011 we began having issues with the engine knocking/pinging. I had to take it in a couple of times before the dealer finally found a bulletin about an insulator. After waiting a week it took a day for the thing to be installed and I will admit it did help, somewhat. But it was back to the same old, same old after a couple of months. Loud knocking/pinging again but now I learn there is separate bulletin, ECM calibration PI0325, that was never mentioned. I will have to mention this to the dealer tomorrow and see if they are willing to help.
    Separate issue, but maybe not, now is that the 4 cylinder engine is knocking when idling almost as though it is trying to stall. It does not matter if the ECO mode is active or not, although ECO could hinder as it drops the RPM. We have also had many experiences with the engine continuing to run for a few seconds after turning the ignition to "OFF" and removing the key. The engine either runs or just putters out. Really? This has to be the biggest lemon I have owned or driven, no joke. Not enough R&D on Chevy's part prior to releasing the engine. I have seen posts of individuals having the entire engine replace or fuel pumps replaced. Please advise...
    GM, can you help me as the dealer must really be persuaded! I am hoping this is a 100,000 mile power-train covered issue!
    I have the same knocking and pinging that you mention. I have had friends comment as I pull up to them about how the engine doesnt sound right, etc. Have not gotten to the bottom of it either, dealer just brushes me aside. There is no way this engine should sound this way.

However, regarding the issue with removing the key and the engine running and than clonking out... I had the same exact thing happening to me in Dec. Service Stabilitrak warning was popping up too. I took it into the dealership and it was fixed.

This was they repaired verbatum from my invoice. Should do the trick...

#1 Cust states the check engine light is on.
    - Caused by Scanned for Codes, P0172 Current, High Pressure Fuel Pump Leaking Internally, PIP4783A
    Corrected by J5590: (0321) (6061) Fuel Pump Replacement
    Installed 12641847 (FP): Pump, Fuel (03900-BCT) Qty 1
    Installed 12608374 : Pipe (03163-BCT) Qty 1
    REPLACED HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP AND LINE
    POWERTRAIN

#2 Customer states service stabilitrak warning
    Related to concern on line 1

#3Customer states has been having problem with shutting off the vehicle, keeps running for a few seconds after turning off ignition and removing key, has been occurring intermittently over the past week.
    Related to concern on line 1

--------------------------------------------------------
    Because all of this was covered under powertrain, I had them do the works on service. Oil change, tile rotation, valvoline fuel injection service, valvoline throttle body service, replaced air filter.

All was well until my new issue previously mentioned before your post.

Good Luck!
  • ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    I am not surprised at this, cold air from heater and low oil didn't add up right to me, if anything the heater air should be really hot. Still sounds like cooling system issue.
    We'd be happy to follow up with your dealership on this; please send us an email with more information (if you haven't already -- my coworker Christina answers the incoming emails from Edmunds), including your name/Edmunds username, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your dealership.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Hi Sarah,

After last night I actually called in and spoke to someone at customer for GM. They are currently coordinating everything with a Chevy dealership in Cherry Hill, NJ. The customer service person was not neccesarily identifying what the problem actually is but rather helped in scheduling another appointment etc. Should I send an email too or would that just be redundant?

Thanks for reaching out several times. The reason I didn’t send an email was because I wanted to schedule something instantly and was worried I wouldnt hear back last night and it would delay the process.

So again, should I still send an email with all the info? And if so, please provide the email address i should send to.
  • dbdyerdbdyer Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2010 6-cylinder Equinox. I have had on-going problems with the clock/radio module, which, after multiple trips to the dealership has now been replaced. Still having problems, as the GPS portion seems to be an older version than the one I had. No other problems so far.
  • clebo1clebo1 Member Posts: 78
    It is probably the head and rear seal gasket.Chevy never wanted to admit but a 3.4 liter engine is no good for this vehicle,the traverse has the sae problem so steer clear of it also.Chvey engines are awful and are not very dependable!!! :lemon:
  • polxc5polxc5 Member Posts: 1
    Our 2010 Equinox pings like crazy. Just had it towed in to the dealer today. Wife said on her way to work the heater started blowing cold air. On her way home still no heat and the temp gauge went straight to hot after about 15 minutes of driving. Let it idle for a few and drove 2 more miles till it pegged again. Long story short, dealer says the water pump is out of it. We'll see Monday.
    Same exact issue on mine. After the runaround from the 1st dealer, 2nd dealer is awesome and is working to resolve the issue. Replaced the thermostat first. Issue still occuring... In the process of replacing the water pump and something else... cant remember what they stated the 2nd part was.
    Update on my issue above:

Took the Equinox into the dealer yesterday. They ran diagnostics and discovered codes, but did not list them off. End result was the high-pressure fuel pump being replaced. Pump replacement falls under 100k mile power train warranty.

When talking with a couple of the service reps I was able to confirm my suspicion that the 2010 Equinox, and its sister car the GMC Terrain, were the first two vehicles to receive this engine/power train setup. This dealer has replaced multiple high pressure fuel pumps on the 2010 Equinox. It looks like this is more of a manufacturing issue with the Tier suppliers and OEM suppliers or a GM design flaw. I am interested in learning more of the number of 2010/2011 Equinox & Terrains which have had this issue and replacement and if any other vehicles in the GM line-up using this pump component have had similar failures. Could GM be heading towards a recall?
    Thank you for the follow-up Sarah. Can you please provide the email address to send my information to?

Here is an Update on my issue above:

Took the Equinox into the dealer yesterday. They ran diagnostics and discovered codes, but did not list them off. End result was the high-pressure fuel pump being replaced. Pump replacement falls under 100k mile power train warranty.

When talking with a couple of the service reps I was able to confirm my suspicion that the 2010 Equinox, and its sister car the GMC Terrain, were the first two vehicles to receive this engine/power train setup. This dealer has replaced multiple high pressure fuel pumps on the 2010 Equinox. It looks like this is more of a manufacturing issue with the Tier suppliers and OEM suppliers or a GM design flaw. I am interested in learning more of the number of 2010/2011 Equinox & Terrains which have had this issue and replacement and if any other vehicles in the GM line-up using this pump component have had similar failures. Could GM be heading towards a recall?
  • carol2854carol2854 Member Posts: 1
    I wwould be interested as well. Mine is sitting at the dealers as well we speak. Same problems where I was told I have to have a new fuel pump. Does anyone know if this is covered under warranty or not?
  • esperinosesperinos Member Posts: 18
    Ok, thought I was out of the woods, but no. I had started hearing that soft knocking (not the clicking) when idling. I have been checking my oil level. This past weekend, noted no oil at all on the dipstick! Took it in to the dealer. After a couple of hours, service advisor came out with a rental agreement. I was brought back to the service area to get my belongings, and the technician said that "cylinder #3" is burning oil. He showed me all of the plugs, and the entire top of the engine was disassembled. Well, at least we know where the oil was going. He said tha he spoke to the tech department at GM and they advised replacing the entire cylinder head. Apparently, I am not the only one who's had this. I hope this was just a bad batch of engines in the 2010, and that my wife's 2010 Equinox won't develop the same problem (or my son's 2011 Cruze which has the same engine - both seem to working just fine a the moment). I hope, truly, tha this fixes things once and for all. If something else develops (2 major engine service in a month is already too much, one more strike) I will probably have to take further action. Pity.
    Yes, if they are replacing the fuel pump it will be covered under the power train warranty. You should also receive and oil change due to the work involved. I do not understand what they need to do that requires the oil to be changed but I am not going to complain when that gets done for free!
  • sdken77sdken77 Member Posts: 2
    I also have a 2010 Nox and have had the same ticking noise. Can you tell me what the dealer said to you? I had another tech look at my car for the noise they told me I should have the dealer take a look that its not normal and if I have a warrenty to get it in. When I took it in they told me that is normal engine noise for my car. Funny it didn't sound like that for the first year I had it. Very frustrated as the car is in the shop again. :mad:
  • sdken77sdken77 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2010 Equinox, purchased in 2010, at six months had to have the timing chain replaced, low oil after oil changes, no leaks found??? Now it is in the shop again, they replaced the Throttle Body today, but that didn't fix it all, now they say it needs a new fuel pump. The car shifts hard and has had this ticking sound in the lower engine, which several people have asked me about due to the fact that my car sounds like a tank. I had a 3rd party tech check out the lower engine noise and he said if I have a warranty I need to get my car in ASAP, so I made an appointment and they said it's "normal engine noise" for my car. WTF, it didn't sound like this for the first year I had it, normal....I think not....more like the run around until my extended warranty runs out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey GM, you suck and I will never buy one of your cars again, your service department employees are liars! :mad: The check engine light is on more than it is off....this is completely unacceptable. $32,000 for a piece of crap! I should have kept my Maxima. Horrible car
    I have exactly the same problem. My timing chain was replaced at the beginning of January, and I was down to a quart and a half of oil. Where did the oil go? No idea. They checked for leaks - none. And, every oil change was done at the dealer. They asked me to do an oil consumption test. Checked the oil regularly and was to bring it in if it didn't register oil. This happened last weekend. Took it in, and they found oil burning in cylinder #3. They checked with GM tech support and at first they were going to replace the cylinder head, but after a few more discussions my vehicle is now getting a ring job - at 50000 miles. BTW mine is a 2010 also. It is my understanding from the tech that this has been a problem in "some" Chevy engines, although this is the first one he's seen in an Equinox. My wife has one only one month older and with half the miles and, so far at least. No problem. You are burning oil, my friend, pure and simple. They have to recognize this and tear the engine apart. I would prefer they just give me a new engine. If anyone from GM is monitoring these posts - you have a problem out there.
    I apologize for the last response, broadstbu11y! Sometimes the search tool we use doesn't catch every post.

As you've already contacted us via phone, you are already moving forward in the same process that we would have started with you with information from the email.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    I realize you posted this more than a week ago, and I apologize that I wasn't here sooner. How did things go at the dealership last week?
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    I wanted to sincerely apologize for my late response: sometimes the search tool we use overlooks posts, and unfortunately this one was one of them! If you haven't already, you can use the email address located in my profile here. My coworker Christina, who answers inbound emails from Edmunds, will direct you further.
    Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    I'm glad to hear that your dealership was able to locate what the issue was; how have things gone since last week?
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Good morning,
    I apologize that I didn't respond sooner (saying that a lot today!). If you ever have questions about warranty coverage, or even want to know the specific time and date of expiration for your vehicle, we're happy to help!

How did everything go with your vehicle at the dealership last week?
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    I am sorry to hear about your experience, sdken77. If we can look into this further with you, please be sure to send an email to the address located in my profile with more information (including your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership).
    All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • brooklyn1948brooklyn1948 Member Posts: 1
    Drivers side and passengers side is available at advance auto parts.I bought them 6 months ago and now I'm hunting for the rear window blade..13 inches
    They just finished the work today. It is now over in the body shop getting a couple of small dents fixed. Won't pick it up until Friday at the earliest. We'll see.
  • jlg44jlg44 Member Posts: 12
    I bought my wife a 2010 Equinox back in Nov 2010 . We have had hardly any problems till recently. It has 22m miles on it. The 4 cyclinder motor has always been nosiy due the direct fuel injection pump and timming chain.Two months ago the noise got bad for the timming chain. Took it in and they replaced it and the tensioner. That noise went away. One month later the check engine light came on and went off after a 24 hours. They told me to bring it in so they could read the code to see why it came on. They found out that the fuel direct injection fuel pump was bad and had leaked gasoiline into the motor oil. They replace it and now I do not have the load ticiking noise from the pump. I think they might have put on a new model pump since that was one of the compliants they got on that motoer was the noise it made. Car is running great and better milage. It helps to have a good dealer to take your car to. I live in the Dalls, Tx. area and will only buy my GM cars from Classic Chevrolet in Gapevine ,Tx.Best service dept. by far. Glad I use Mobile 1 motor oil since gasoline had got into the oil.
  • staciesstacies Member Posts: 2
    Just got my 4 cyl. Equinox LT1 back from the dealer shop today. It had been making a rattling sound when accelerating. Turned out to be a warranty issue that we were not sent any recall notices about. It was the tensioner and timing chain. Now, my Equinox sounds like new and even accelerates better...it had been hesitating on acceleration. Bad thing is, if you are at or over 36,000 miles, it will be an out-of-pocket expense. Luckily, I still had 800 miles to go. With this being a common problem on the 4 cyl. 2010 Equinox, I think GM needs to do a full recall and replace these items at no charge to the owner, regardless of mileage.
  • trooperevtrooperev Member Posts: 2
    As I started my car the other day after sitting all day at work a message appeared in the message center and stated something to the effect, your engine temperature is too high therefore your air conditioner will not operate. What the heck is it with this car. Bucking, check engine lights, mechanic telling me I don't change my oil (2000 miles on it) actuator changed, etc. I think I am trading and I only have 14000 miles on my 2010.
  • carguy05carguy05 Member Posts: 30
    I have a 2010 Nox purchased in Nov 2010 also. Have 40,000 miles and had a noisy engine(tick tick) since I bought it. Just had new tension belt, and fuel pump installed last week. They kept my car for 3 days checking it out. Noise is still there , especially when engine is warmed up. Going to bring it back again. Outside of the engine noise, the rest of the car is great. I had a Toyota with 153,000 miles and the engine was much quieter.
  • staciesstacies Member Posts: 2
    @carguy05, have them check the timing chain, as well as the balancers in the engine. My balancers were way off. They changed the timing chain, tensioners, some bolts, and another belt. Runs like new now.
  • rocketentrocketent Member Posts: 60
    Third oil change, all fossil, down two quarts in 2000 miles. Unacceptable. My first two oil changes drained a full 5 quarts, so what changed? Not my driving. My mechanic did the third oil change, while my dealer did the first two, but I watched my mechanic fill it up and checked it after 500 miles and it was full. Actually it burned 2 quarts in 1500 miles, since the first 500 were ok. I felt the engine slightly hesitate and checked it to find just a drop at the end of the dip stick.

So I filled it up and took it to the dealer. While the service writer was filling out my forms, he was looking at the GM computer and comparing my notes against GM's. Right there in black and white it states that burning one quart of oil is acceptable in 2000 miles. I freaked!!
    Because I was burning twice that, the dealer gave me a rental and checked it out for a day. They couldn't find anything, so they changed the oil (free) and said to come back in 1000 miles to have the oil checked again. Great dealer and great service, but for GM to say that 1 quart burned in 2000 miles is acceptable is just crazy; at least to me. It did say something to the effect that it would depend on how the vehicle was driven, as well as the driving conditions, but still not right as far as I'm concerned. The vehicle has been great and I've had no problems like I read about here on Edmunds, but I don't fancy having to add oil every 1000 miles. I hope this is a fluke or that if I continue to burn oil that my dealer will figure out how to remedy the problem, but after reading GM's computer I'm all of a sudden not too optimistic.
  • bradley2bradley2 Member Posts: 11
    2010 Equinox LT1 with about 40,000 miles...both the lumbar inflate motor and rear passenger window actuator went out about $350 for lumbar and $400 for window. Really annoying and makes me wonder what else will go. Neither of these things should go out before 150,000 miles. One wonders if it is poor design, poor engineering, poor manufacturing or poor assembly. Or all of the above. Meanwhile my 2006 KIA Spectra 5 which daughter now has with 140,000 miles has needed nothing but fluids, tires and brakes. Oh and of course timing belt.
  • smc8888smc8888 Member Posts: 25
    Are you sure it is the motor? There has been quite a few problems with the lumbar support due to under-designed screws to the point that GM actually issued a service bulletin advising dealers to just change the screws with newly designed ones, not the lumbar module. If you heard a loud pop when the lumbar support failed, it is because of the screws. Replacing the screws takes about 30 minutes and should not be that expensive. Mine failed at about 40,000 miles but I have not fixed it yet. Since this is a clear design flaw, I think GM ought to absorb the cost (I don't think they will though). I have lost confidence on the Equinox, especially its engine. My wife's lease on Saturn VUE is due in 4 months and I am much more inclined to replace it with the CR-V or the RAV-4.
    I had to believe what dealer said about motor though he did originally say something about screws
    I never heard a pop when it failed but wife mostly uses it
    Good morning bradley2,

I completely understand why vehicle repairs would be a disappointment to you. How is everything working after your visit to the dealership?

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Both fixes now working
  • jpol4jpol4 Member Posts: 3
    Maybe someone can help with my situation. I have a 2010 Equinox with approximately 44,000 miles. I've had front end noise for a very long time and have been told by the Chevy mechanics that it's "normal" for this vehicle. I have experienced 2 separate incidents of stalling at low speeds requiring the car to be towed to the dealership. After several trips to the dealership with no answers, I'm feeling extremely frustrated. I have been told to change my oil AT LEAST every 4,000 miles and to be sure to check my oil in between oil changes or risk stalling. One of the times that my car stalled, it had only been 3,941 miles since my last oil change. Does this sound reasonable to anyone? I don't feel safe driving with my 2 toddlers in this car when I could stall and I've never had a car that was such HIGH maintenance. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  • jec10jec10 Member Posts: 1
    You are not alone! Been going around with my dealer for several months. All of the symptoms you describe from noise, almost stalling. All to my dismay to find it was normal and I never agreed! So last night my check engine light came on and lead them to an issue with the fuel pump leaking into the oil! Luckily everything is covered by the power train warranty. You push them to look at this. I won't get my car back till todmoorow and hoping this has truly fixed my issues. I have a little 43,xxx miles.
  • toshavvtoshavv Member Posts: 1
    My husband and I bought a 2010 Equinox on Saturday 3/17. We love everything about the vehicle.. except the NOISE! We did not realize it when we purchased it and I wish I had because I would NOT have bought it! You would think that Chevy would make a recall for this problem considering I have found SEVERAL people with the same problem. I don't even want to take it to the dealer because everyone says they say its NORMAL! I am sorry but no noise is NORMAL for a vehicle this new! Plus we traded in BOTH of our vehicles for this one.. so how would I get around if I gave it to them to fix? This is very sad.. also the dash lights go dim and light up bright.. I don't know what is going on with that....

I am like you, I am pregnant which is why I chose an SUV.. that I thought would be reliable.. now I understand why the previous owner traded it in.. :(
  • roger1655roger1655 Member Posts: 12
    The dash going dim and bright might be the auto headlights circuit. When it starts to get dark the headlights automatically turn on and the dash lights dim. The sensor or circuit might be defective.