Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Chevy Equinox Problems

Comments

• didhedorightdidhedoright Member Posts: 15
    Driver seat electronic lombar support just broke, add to all the other stuff, that was the only thing that brought me comfort...... (PS I wiegh 147 lbs) , I asked the dealer for an application for a job there, I'm there so often might as well make it pay..... yeahhhh make me a sales rep.... for a day...... I too bought this car to encourage GM after THEIR money problems, my cheques never bounce so they never have to go back and get satisfaction from me , how about sending the elevator back for US.... :lemon:
  • wirks4mewirks4me Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2012
    Hello Sarah,

I have been going to the dealership to have my new replacement engine oil checked every 500 miles as per the directions from GM. They must not trust these new engines either.

I have noticed every morning for the last few weeks, when the engine is cold, the oil level keeps climbing up the dipstick. The dealership says: "according to GM, the engine oil level should read 'over-full' when it is checked cold". And I was told I have nothing to worry about...everything is fine and within spec.

I took my 2010 Equinox to an independant oil analysis company (which by the way, my dealership uses) and the test showed that the oil was contaminated with 6% gasoline at 1500 miles on the new engine and oil change, which results in very low viscosity. It should not be above 3% at 3000 miles.

So, now they are contacting GM to find out what to do next. Did the fuel pump fail again, internal engine problem, or something else?

I am really getting tired of all this BS.

What is your answer to this?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    We hope all goes well on Monday, joep15. I would recommend checking into oil consumption tests; we are available to work with you and your dealership on this if you like. Please contact us at socialmedia@gm.com with more information (including your name and contact information, a brief summary of the situation, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and the name of your dealership) if you would like for us to look into this further.

Sarah, GM Customer Service
    didhedoright,

I'm not sure from your post here - was your dealership able to get this resolved for you? We're sorry that you've had to have so much done with your Equinox! If you wanted for us to look into anything, we're available via email at socialmedia@gm.com (please include your name, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and a brief summary of the situation to get started).

Hello wirks4me,

Thank you for your patience in working with your dealership through an oil consumption test - I know that they can be taxing. If you would like for us to check into this further with your dealer, we'd be happy to do so. Please contact us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 of your VIN and mileage, and the name of your involved dealership).

• vernal_noxvernal_nox Member Posts: 2
    Sarah,
    Thanks for your heartfelt reply. I work in the customer service industry too, so reinterating what I said is so caring......(feel my sarcasm). The last call I got from the dealership was "we have no idea what is wrong, we are calling an engineer from GM to diagnos." At least I live in the Toledo area where GM Powertrain makes the 6 speed, although they probably did not produce mine as I understand it may have come from Quebec or Mexico. Anyway, I am very, very disappointed in this car to say the least.
  • rle2281rle2281 Member Posts: 1
    I've had pretty much the same problems. Louds engine, burning oil, stalls at stop lights. I finally got a dealer to check it out and they were able to fix the problem. Since this forum was so helpful in helping me diagnose problems I'll return the favor. The following is exactly what the dealer typed in my service note:

"DAIG AND HEARD NOISE COMING FROM BEHIND ENG COVER. FOUND #PI0202D TO APPLY AND BE CAUSE OF NOISE. REMOVED FRONT ENGINE COVER AND ALSO FOUND BROKEN TIMING CHAIN GUIDE. HAD TO REPLACE GUIDE. REPLACED BALANCE SHAFT TIMING CHAIN AND TENSIONER. RESET CAM TIMING AND HAD TO REPLACE TIMING CHAIN TENSIONER (WHEN REMOVING SNAP RING TO RESET TENSIONER, WAS BROKE INTERNAL INTO SEVERAL PIECES). ALSO AFTER REINSTALLING FRONT ENG COVER, FOUND OIL PUMP TO BE LOCKED UP. REMOVED FRONT ENG COVER AND FOUND OIL PUMP TO BE BAD (WOULD NOT TURN LOCKED UP) HAD TO REPLACE FRONT ENG COVER ASYMBLEY (OIL PUMP MADE INTO COVER) REINSTALLED VALVE COVER WITH NEW GASKET PER SI. TEST DROVE AND NO ABNORMAL NOISE HEARD AFTER REPAIR."

That was about 1000 miles ago and so far so good. I hope this helps.
  • u4iachicu4iachic Member Posts: 2
    After reading all of these stories I couldn't resist publishing mine. I bought my 2010 Nox new. With in 2 months it was loud, shuddering and stalling, particularly in ECO mode. Took it to the service dept. at my dealer 6 times for this problem during which I was told several things ranging from "this is normal for a 4 cyl. to there has been a solenoid recall and we replaced yours, but it wasn't involved in the recall. I've been told my computer just needed reporgrammed", so I just said screw it and continued to drive it, out of eco mode (quite frankly it didn't make much difference anyway in mileage). I quit getting oil changes at my dealer and started at the quick lube, during which everytime I was told, your oil was low????? Usually more than a quart.

So over Thanksgiving I drive it to visit my family in WV. As I pull into town I stop at a local store. When I come out to restart the Nox it has no heat. Huh?, it just had heat on the way here, what happened? I look at the temp gage and it is rising. My family lives 1 mile from where I stopped, so I quickly get it to their house and park it. Nov. 23rd it goes to the Chevy dealer in Morgantown, where I was visiting, on the way (3 miles total) it over heats and the coolant light starts pinging. I get it to the garage and they say we can't get to it until Tuesday. Okay, I need to get back to Richmond but what is the choice???? NONE! I have to borrow a family members car to go 5 hours back home and wait. The diagnosis is the fuel pump, chain, etc......after replacing that the garage found the head gasket was blown, after pulling the head gasket they said the head was cracked, oh and by the way you were OVER 2 quarts low on oil.....the car has 52,000 miles on it and I owe 2 more years on it. WTH!

Finally today I get my Nox back, it took over 3 weeks for it to be repaired. As my family member and I swap cars out he says take it to your local Chevy dealer and have them look at it, it still isn't right. Either the gasket didn't seal, they spilled oil all over the engine or you have an exhaust leak, the only way you can drive it is vents closed, recycling air while driving down the interstate it smells so bad. I took it 5 miles down the road this morning, by the time I got to church I was nauseous and about to puke from the fumes! I am not putting my kids in there! I bring it home tell my husband, he pops the hood and finds a BUTT ton of oil sitting in a reservoir under the engine. He can't tell if they over filled it or it's leaking. So back to the garage it goes and AGAIN I'm without a car for how long????? As for oil consumption, the mechanic in WV says "for some reason these engines are doing that." Well that was helpful......
  • duetsuduetsu Member Posts: 36
    I too have a 2010 Equinox with almost 60k on it that has been in the shop more times for work than any previous GM car I have owned. To begin shortly after purchasing this car it had to have the computer module for the defrost replaced - this was a GM recall that I fought the dealer I bought the car from to do - they just kept resetting the codes and GM kept sending me factory recall notices to have it replaced. Finally took it to another dealer and they did the replacement. I have had the timing chain replaced, the fuel pump replaced and the lumbar drivers support replaced.
    Most of the work was covered by the power train warranty, altho the lumbar support was not as it happened at over 50k. What irrates me is that this car has primarily one driver and I do not frequently adjust the setting.
    My engine is also consuming vast quantities of oil and I am in the process of going thru the oil consumption test. Car sounds like a diesel engine and runs rough when it is cold. I refuse to believe, as told by both service depts that this is 'just how a 4 cyl is'. NO! I have owned three other GM's that were 4 cyl vehicles and I NEVER EVER had the engines use/burn the kind of oil that this one does - consumption of a qt of oil every 1000 miles is not only unheard of as normal frankly it is unacceptable.
    The service manager seems willing to work with me to resolve the issue but I have a huge concern that I will not be able to drive it the 150k miles I had originally planned.
    I bought this car because the reviewers were so enthusiastic about the new design GM had for this crossover and until I started having issues @ 30k miles I Loved it.
    On the upside my gas mileage has actually been quite good - it is averaging 28 mpg.
    u4iachic,

We're sorry to hear about your Equinox's engine and wanted to be sure to offer to check into this further on our end with yoru dealership. Please email us more details (including your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, a summary of the situatin, and the name of your involved dealership) at socialmedia@gm.com if you're interested.

duetsu,

I feel your pain, just spent a second visit for same problem because they did not have the proper technician to find the problem, first time I lost 2.5 hours, and I just spent another 3.5 hours waiting for it..... good thing it's under warranty, but I told them that I shoul be billing them 95.00$ (canadian an hour) PS Coffee machine was defective, reception on tv was almost nil, and I received their automatic survey trough my e-mail for my degree of happy...ness..... :mad:
    We're sorry to see that you're having oil consumption troubles with your Equinox, duetsu, and realize that the testing can be an arduous process. Keep us posted on your progress there, and if you would like for us to look into anything further with your dealership please contact us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a brief summary of the situation so far).

• tlundsrtlundsr Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2012
    Update": After getting mine back from the dealer for a timing chain and 2nd high pressure fuel pump replacement, it smelled real strong like burning oil in the cabin. I checked the engine and saw a bunch of oil pooled up in the bolt holes of the engine. Thinking the mechanic was just messy and it would burn off, I left it a week. Still smelled so checked the oil and two quarts low. Put cardboard under where I park and next day it was soaked with oil. It didn't leak a drop before taking it to the dealer for repair. Not sure what they did to it this time. This engine is just falling apart at only 110,000 miles! And the dealer is not helping matters. And also, on the invoice for the timing chain repair, it was stated the the fuel pump failed causing fuel to go into the oil causing the timing chain adjuster to wear out causing the timing chain to skip. So again, all caused by this faulty pump and again, I have to pay for it. I am sure it has suffered severe damage from two failed pumps and lots of gas in the oil . I wish GM could step in and just replace the engine!!
  • dav63125dav63125 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    owners of this vehicle, please listen to this from st.louis mo. all, owners of 2010 2011 2012 chevy equinox if you have oil consumption problems, knocking clicking or ticking, also gas usuage. the main two items is oil consumption and knocking. i have your answer for this. this service report is from bommarito south 6127 south lindberg blvd, st louis mo. customer states vehicle has used excessive amounts of oil since last oil change. and engine has a knock noise. oil does not read on stick. internal engine componet and block failure, cylender s zebra stripe/ refrence gm repair doc#2918174 diag.scan and test. obtain new engine and all parts supplied. to the owners that are complaing about the transmission shifting witht he models that have the eco mode, bommarito sales rep explained to me that the car is designed to shift like this when it is in eco mode. meaning the rpms shift. they dont always stay the same for each gear. i also needed a rear wheel allignment which is not covered what so ever under warranty. this is important to the owners that are asking if this is in the 6 or 4 cylinder, mine is a 4 cylinder engine, and the milage was under 21,400 or around that. i hope this answers some questions to your roblems, sincerly st.louis mo. and last but not least 8 weeks after an oil change engine was three and a half quarts down on oil. and the dealership put in a brand new 2013 equinox engine
    Hi Folks...Owners of the 2010 Equinox...you know one with all the engine problems!

Well I finally found the perfect solution...SELL IT, TRADE IT IN or HAUL IT TO THE DUMP.

I bought a new Ford...much better vehicle and the best part, is not having to put up with the BS from GM. It will be a long time before I go back to General Motors.

Merry Christmas (to you all) and (I will) have a Happy New Year with a different vehicle.

I wish you all the best of luck with your lemons.
  • u4iachicu4iachic Member Posts: 2
    Ditto! Brought home a new Nissan today as I said before, first and last Chevy!
    A Christmas story..... you must be the ghost of things to come.... for all of us..... Merry Christmas.... finally you will be able to afFORD more time to your family, instead of hanging out at the dealership....... Merry Christmas Sarah hihihi :blush:
  • swp37swp37 Member Posts: 1
    Whatever came from the visit to the dealer? I bought just recently a 2010 Equinox LT with 53000 on it and it has a rattle tinking noise at idle only. I thought it was just the 4 cyl noise, its a lite rattle. Anything to be concerned of? How much noise was yours making? I didnt think anything of it until i had read poats on here.

Thanks!
    First visit to the dealer for the oil consumption test revealed no change in oil level. On the second test 800 miles later the car was down over one quart. I take it back again next week for the next 800 mile test. I'll keep you posted on the results.
    The oil consumption test was begn because I had to add 2 quarts of oil between oil changes (at 5,000 miles between changes).
    Even though the owner's manual says that an indicator light will tell you when to change the oil mine has never come on. Also do not rely on the oil life indicator as an indication either. Mine said oil life was still at 69% when in fact it was over 2 quarts low. My dealer is telling me to change the oil every 3,000. This seems excessive for today's cars, but he's the expert and I am going to follow his advice.
    As for the noise it varies. Sometimes it is a lite rattle like yours that I have been told by the dealer that this is common for this 4 cyl engine.... hmmm... not sure I buy that having owned multiple 4 cyl engine cars before and NEVER heard that rattle/diesel sound in any of them. Other times the sound is more like a diesel engine and the car runs rough. Whether this is something to be concerned about I don't know. Best advice I can give is keep an eye on the oil level. You shouldn't have to check it weekly but it seems to be prudent.
    swp37,
    If you decide you'd like to get this checked out with a dealership, please let us know as we're available to assist in that process. We can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name, contact information, and the last 8 digits of your VIN with your inquiry).

• fatty2fatty2 Member Posts: 1
    That is the exact same issue I had and had fuel pump, pipe and oil filter changed and now works perfectly. I love my 'Nox.
  • tlundsrtlundsr Member Posts: 8
    Second Update: Took it back to the dealer to check the leak. They said it was a faulty valve cover gasket that was replaced when they did the timing chain and supposedly fixed it. I took it seemed ok for a week and then started leaking again. I put in 2 quarts on New Years Day. Put in another 2 quarts on Jan 3rd. Called the dealer in a panic. Had to put in another quart just to get it to the dealer today, Jan 4th.

GM Customer Service PLEASE HELP!!!!!
    Took the car in for the third oil consumption check at the next 800 miles. The car was down 1/2 qt so this is 1.5 qts of oil added/consumed in 2400 miles. Next consumption test will include the 3,000 mile recommended by the dealer oil change. GM customer service has emailed me and asked if I spoke to the dealer about replacing the engine. I did ask about replacing the engine when I took the car in for the oil consumption test and they told me that if the engine is still consuming oil after the next test, they will have to contact GM and do what GM recommends for a fix. Hmmm... gee...
  • thelma61thelma61 Member Posts: 8
    I feel your pain and went thru the same scenario, had problems from purchase and I am happy to say after my oil consumption test, I have a new engine. Stay on GM, I almost traded mine but didn't want to pass the problem along to someone else. Once they determined it was going thru too much oil, they took the engine apart to look at the cylinders. Word from GM to the dealer was - if they see zebra striping - stop all work and wait for a new engine. Hang in there, they will eventually deal with it. Plus we got a $200 prepaid Visa which is good for one year at any GM authorized dealership for oil changes, etc. for the time and trouble and agony of dealing with this issue.
    That's awesome and I'm encouraged that GM is trying to solve the problem and take care of their customers! Like you I have seriously considered trading the car and like you didn't want to pass this along to someone else (bad karma) and besides I love the car overall. May I ask who your dealer was? I want to pass along as much information to my dealer as I possibly can.
    I dealt with Barnes Wheaton in Surrey on Scott Road and they were amazing. Good luck!
  • lsb1955lsb1955 Member Posts: 17
    Well, I hope your new engine corrects the problem. Mine has been at the dealership since December 24. I'm getting a new engine as well. I've borrowed my Dad's 2005 Trailblazer to drive. I had a 2001 and wish that I still had it. This Equinox has been such a disappointment. Let us know how the new engine does. Oh, did the dealer provide you with a vehicle to drive? I saw where one poster said that their's did. I also read where another person's dealership gave them a prepaid VISA for their trouble.
    That was me that got the prepaid and yes i also got rentals everytime my nox was in the shop. Having a great dealership on your team makes all the difference.
    I just asked my husband what others do if they don't have a car to borrow. This is crazy. I bought my Equinox new also. I wanted a Toyota Camry but my husband loves Chevrolet and I've mostly had Chevrolets so I thought the Equinox would be a good choice since the gas mileage was pretty much the same as the Camry. I'm so disappointed. I'm hoping mine will be fine once I get it back but don't know after reading all of these discouraging posts. My son just got a 2012 Equinox and my daughter has a 2011 Cruze.
  • camncali9camncali9 Member Posts: 4
    I have a '10 Equinox 2LT V6 AWD I bought new and now has 60k miles. About 2 months after leasing it, had a problem with the airbag warning light going on saying the srs/airbag system not working. Took it in to dealer, 1st dealer said they fixed it but light went on next day again. Took it to a 2nd dealer and they fixed it. After six months, noticed that the navigation system was not storing the destination inputs, and it would just bring up old inputs under previous destinations. Took it in to dealer and was fixed once. Car was seemingly doing fine for about a year. Then, Tire pressure monitoring system light went on, pressure showing ok in all 4 tires. At same time, alternator light went on. The driver's side seat heater now won't stay on, it just turns off about 2 seconds after turning it on. The passenger side works fine. The navigation problem has come up again, AND the airbag problem has come back on again. I feel like there's a bunch of gremlins in this car! Anyway, overall I love the way this car drives compared to the Toyota Highlander I had before and use the awd a lot in winter, but the electrical issues are making me VERY WARY of ever getting into another GM product (which I hadn't done in many years). My lease is up in 4 months, of course the problem is that I always drive more than the warranty and mileage limit, so the repairs are mine to cover and I have to pay the excess mileage fee. Turns out this Equinox was more expensive than planned!
  • payhim5292payhim5292 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    Have a 2010 Equinox and about 50K miles on it, use it daily to get to and fro work. Day after Christmas going to a restaurant exiting the highway the car stalls out. No check engine light, nothign startup again and stalled out again. Try starting up a 3rd time and we are able to get home. Brought into dealership following day they took it but didnt even check it out so I had to drive home risking another stall. After the New year holiday brought it back casue it stalled out on me again and had a clunking noise frlom the engine. So they finally took a look at it, seems like there were "zebra stripes" on the cylinders and oil was leaking so the verdict I need a new engine which took a week and a half. What surprised me was that one associate KNEW this was a problem and said they actually did this repair to ALOT of 2010 Equinox's and I wasnt the first! What kind of car has these problems 3 yrs in?? I was glad to know though im not the only one with this problem. Im picking up the car tomorrow morning and then trading it in right away. I really wanted to like the car which is why I bought it for the MPG and the quality but its a disappointment to me in the brand. Ironically this same week the engine comes in the dealer where I bought the car is offering me the option to buy out or put alot more towards a new GM product. Sorry to say that I'd rather buy out and go elsewhere cause I dont have the faith in the product or its safety and driving my first born around in it only to be stuck somewhere will always linger in my mind. I know GM is doing well and is creating new jobs but whats the point if you cant make a decent car?
    Got parts from the fuel pump replaced, oil was replaced because gasoline was leaking in the oil, problem detected when engine kept on running even after keys where removed and doors where locked.... check engine light stayed on ... Nox has 48k KILOMETERS.......... when researching this problem on Google, got more hits than if I had asked pics from Pamela Anders...
  • nox123nox123 Member Posts: 76
    I own a early 2010 4cyl Nox purchase in Oct 2009 currently have 50K miles and have changed oil about every 3500 miles at dealer. To date I have only had the computor module for heater / defroster repaired; transmission re-programed for shifting issues. Last week while having oil changed service tech advised having balance shaft chain and tensioner replaced due to noise. I have not paid for any repairs since nox purchased and always offered a loaner while in shop for the warranty work. I average 23-24 MPG around city and up to 30 mpg on road trips. I'm happy with this nox and the GM Service at my local Florida dealer; they are great! Actually; I'm looking forward to trading in this fall for a 2014 Nox that will probably be well engineered! This has been a great new truck for the money; having the GM warrenty along with onstar makes this a safe and smart consumer purchase for me!
    Mine has 63k miles on it. I was hoping to keep it for at least 2 more years until our son gets out of school. I really wish the dealership would offer me the option to buy out or put alot more towards a new GM product. I really don't know what kind of GM product that I would get after this problem.
  • nox123nox123 Member Posts: 76
    WOW, You really believe those service bays at the ford dealer will never see your new Ford; all vehicals have issues and qurks, some more than others.

I must have been extreamly lucky with my GM Nox; my service matters were never a big deal, frustrating, costly or even a problem. Stories I read on this forum have so much drama and fluff one needs to wonder if its not just nut jobs, brand bashing or just simply customers you can not satisfy!

Good luck with you new ford venture and ford fourm repair updates
  • nox77nox77 Member Posts: 12
    Yes you are lucky. I loved my Nox and rode out the new gear, new timing chain, new crank shaft, and new engine but bailed when they tore open the trans. For my loyalty, GM Customer Assistance first offered a $500 customer assistance coupon, then pulled it off the table and offered me nothing because of the miles I had on it (77K). If I would have been a nut job, I would have been screaming a long time before, when it had lower miles. I trusted that GM would stand right by me. Disappointed, I now drive a Dodge Journey. It's inferior in several ways, but one: it runs sweet. Since I work for GM, eyebrows lift when the big wigs come to our facility and see my car. Everyone knows, though, to give the warning: "don't get her started....."
    Yes you are fortunate that your Equinox has not had any major issues. The people who have posted here only wish we were in your shoes - or at least had your car. I am not bashing GM - I have always been a GM customer want to see the company succeed. I am holding onto hope that GM will work with my dealership and resolve the issues I have with the engine. I'm not looking for something for nothing but just that GM stand behind their powertrain warranty. I've never posted in a forum before but then I've never had the issues that this car has had before either. The drama is real to the people who are frustrated. This was not a cheap vehicle. I just want the hard earned money I paid for it to not have been a waste.
  • esperinosesperinos Member Posts: 18
    I had the same experience and I am now driving a Grand Cherokee. Still have one Nox and a Cruze at home. Both are still running fine. There was
    obviously a problem with a sizeable number of these - probably not
    all of course - but when you hear the same story and the same findings, I can't help but think that if they put a new engine in mine, I would have
    kept it. Sorry to hear that one of its own people has gone through the same thing. Are other forums on this site as angry as this one,
    We're sorry to hear about the necessity of an engine replacement on your Equinox, lsb1955. Let us know if we can check into anything further by emailing us more information at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).

camncali9,

Are you planning on getting the navigation and airbag concerns looked into? If you are and if you would like for us to check into this further with your dealership, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a brief summary of the situation).

How did the engine replacement go, payhim5292? We're sorry to hear that you had these troubles with your Equinox.

WOW to you...

You are missing the whole point of these posts. GM has a major problem with the engine in the 2010 Equinox along with other issues such as the high pressure fuel pump. If every owner had the same "luck" as you, this forum would not exist. I do not believe we are "nut jobs or brand bashers", but we are unsatisfied customers.

I did a lot of research in the new Equinox back in 2009 when I started looking for another vehicle to replace my 2002 GM model. I liked this vehicle very much until it hit 30,000 miles...then the problems started really kicked in.

I thought I was the only one having these engine issues until I did an online search to see if anyone else was going through the same thing. As anyone can see, there is more than one of us.

What put the final nail in the coffin for me with GM was their unwillingness to address the problem of gasoline in the oil in my brand new engine with 1500 miles on it. This again, is a problem with the high pressure fuel pump. I was told by GM, through my dealership, that they will not address this issue until the "check engine" light comes on. Now, with over 36,000 miles on it, this problem would not be covered under warranty, and I believe I would have had to pay to replace the fuel pump.

To me, this is just another example of foot dragging and delays GM has shown in many of these cases. I did not want to have to deal with these vehicle problems anymore, so I bought something else.

Not once did I say that there was never going to any service issues with a Ford. We own 2 other Fords and really have not had too many issues with either of them. We have owned Chrysler and other GM cars and trucks also, and never had so many problems with one vehicle such as the 2010 Equinox..and that is no fluff!
    What country are you writing from, didhedoright? I noticed you're using kilometers and would be happy to get you connected with Customer Service for your region if you wanted.

Sarah, GM Customer Serivce
    Great to hear you've been having such a great experience with your Equinox and dealership, nox123! Wishing you many more happy miles!

My 2010 Equinox is now leaking/dripping oil onto the garage floor. I park in the same spot and now there are numerous oil spots where there were none before. I'm about 400 miles into my last oil consumption test. I plan on taking pictures of the oil spots with me to the dealer. Either they did a real crappy job of adding the last 1/2 qt of oil (which frankly I don't think they did - they have never been sloppy before)... OR this engine is just getting worse by the day....
  • tlocketttlockett Member Posts: 8
    I have enjoyed my 2010 Chevy Equinox up until last week. My check engine light came on, therefore I took the crossover to the deanship. They told me that my fuel pump was bad, it was replaced (covered by the warranty). Not even a week later I was driving and the light came back on along with a message on my dah that stated that the engine power was reducing. I had to have the vechile towed to the GM lot. It took about a day for them to call me to tell me that it was now a throttle problem and the whole thing would need to be replaced. Which will cost me $800.00 out of pocket, WHAT!!!!!!! This clearly has to be under warranty. The customer rep just kept telling me NO, and telling me the price to repair it. I don't understand for the life of me how this problem was missed 4 days ago? I CLEARLY DONT' UNDERSTAND WHY IT'S NOT COVERED UNDER THE WARRANTY THAT I HAVE. If anybody know how I can get this fix with out coming out of pocket $800.00 please let me know.
    Well, I picked my 2010 Equinox up from the dealer today. It now has a new 2011 engine, a new fuel pump and fuel injectors. I so hope this has solved my problems. It has been in for repair since December 24.
    How many miles do you have on it? Powertrain warranty is up to 100,000 miles and mine came with 3yr/36,000 warranty also.
    tlockett,

I see that you've already contacted Customer Assistance - was this by email or phone? Do you have a Service Request number (71-**********) that you could forward to us via email (socialmedia@gm.com)?

We hope this has solved the problems as well, lsb1955! Keep us posted!