Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Chevy Equinox Problems

Comments

• mahidibalmahidibal Member Posts: 1
    The air conditioner on my 2010 is not cooling and I hear a whining sound when the a/c is on. Anyone have any ideas on what it could be and how much it would cost to fix? I am not happy with my dealer's customer service and would rather take it to my local mechanic. I didn't realize all the problems people are having with their Equinox. I love my Equinox, but I won't hesitate to trade it in for another make. It has 82,000 miles on it and is a 6 cylinder.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    elli2,
    We're glad to hear that your dealership has been able to work though this with you and we hope that the engine replacement resolves the concerns you have been having with your Equinox. Keep us posted on how everything runs after the replacement!
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
    mahidibal,
    We're sorry to hear that you are having this trouble with your A/C and aren't satisfied with the service at your local dealership. Let us know if there is anything you would like for us to check into, or if we can help you locate a different dealership in your area. We can be reached via email at [email protected] (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).
  • elli2elli2 Member Posts: 15
    See my post (#1915) - my car is presently having the engine replaced because of all of these oil consumption problems (I went through 5 quarts of oil in just 5 weeks!). Hurray to my wonderful dealer as well for getting me this far.

My question to you is - how has it been since your engine was replaced? Are the problems solved? MPG any better? Anything I should be looking for or that I should keep in mind with the "new" engine? Thanks!
  • duetsuduetsu Member Posts: 36
    Hi - My engine was replaced about 2500 miles ago. So far so good. The mileage is getting better with each tank of gas I use - I am up to 26.7 MPG (vs 28.2 on old engine).

I DO NOT drive in the eco mode. I don't trust it.

The only instruction the dealer had was to not drive sustained highway speeds for the first 3000 miles until the car is back for its first oil change. He told me to vary highway speed between 55 and 75 MPH to break the engine in......
    Presently I am not experiencing any issues with the new engine and am keeping my fingers crossed. I had a wonderful dealer also who worked with me and GM to get this resolved.
    Thanks so much! My old engine gets a horrid 19.5 MPG (I do mixed highway/local, but that's just awful!). I do a fair amount of highway driving as of late, in short spurts, like 20-30 miles at a time, so will remember to ask my service guy about what your guy told you. Until I started having these problems - around 40,000 miles - I really loved the car and didn't have any problems, so I'm praying that this does the trick. Best of luck to you.
  • dnydny Member Posts: 8
    I've only driven a few hundred miles since the new engine but thus far it's running great, i.e. no knocking, stalling, etc. I use ECO mode all the time and that doesn't seem to be causing any problems either.

As far as gas mileage, we took a short road trip (150 miles) and averaged about 28 mpg so that seems reasonable with a new engine (speeds between 65-75.)

Given that this engine is in a number of GM vehicles, I'm expecting that GM has worked out the "bugs" in this engine (but if not, I have no problem "holding GM's feet to the fire" again.)
    The dealer, in this case my service manager, was not trying to make it sound like it was my fault ... far from it, he doesn't try to hide stuff from me (it wouldn't work even if he tried.) This was after the engine was replaced (and he was speaking from his years of experience.)

Having said that, I'm sure GM would love to sweep this whole fiasco under the rug but with forums like this, rest assured, that won't happen.
    edited March 2013
    This specific version of the Ecotec 4 cylinder is in the 2010-2011 Equinox/Terrain, a couple of Buicks and the Captiva. A different version of this engine is in the Malibu.

All of this is based on the information on Wikipedia (which I assume is at least fairly accurate.)

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Family_II_engine#Ecotec_Gen_II (scroll down to the complete list of the versions of this engine and where they are used.)
  • jampal75jampal75 Member Posts: 1
    All doors are working okay but the rear passenger door. The power lock goes up and down but the handle on inside and outside will not open the door. I have a 2010 Chevy Equinox LTZ.
  • kcarissekcarisse Member Posts: 5
    Hey all, for a sense of completeness I just wanted to post what's happened to my Equinox. I had posted earlier about the stalling problems I had with my engine. It happened repeatedly and since its started I've replaced the timing chain, timing chain guide, cam shaft position solenoids, intake/exhaust actuators, and fuel pump. I was getting too scared to drive the car, especially over any long distances. As of yesterday, I finally caved and traded my Equinox in for a Mazda3 hatchback. It was a bit of a financial hit, and the M3 is smaller, but I trust it a lot more. I also have another Mazda3 which has treated me great, so I was more comfortable with the brand.
    I know the right thing to do would have been to continue the oil consumption monitoring and make GM fix this. But honestly, my husband and I are both so busy we just dont have time and energy for this nonsense. And we need a vehicle we can both rely on.
    No more GM vehicles for this girl ever again - lesson learned.
    jampal75,

Are you working with your dealership at all to get this checked into? Please let us know if there is anything we can check into further - we can be reached via email at [email protected] (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).

• rebcky27rebcky27 Member Posts: 3
    I purchased my 2010 Equinox one month ago from a used dealership with 102,000 miles on it. Within the last 2 weeks I have had by check engine light throw code P0014 "camshaft position timing" 3 times. I've noticed it running loud (similar to a diesel engine). When driving home from work it stalled on me 3 times in the same drive when coming to a stop, had to park, turn off the engine and restart to continue home. Husband checked the oil dip stick last week and noticed it was low so he put in 2 quarts. I myself placed another quart in 4 days later and then 2 days later removed the oil cap to find a chalky white all over the cap and dumped liquid out of the cover that covers the engine. Had it towed to a service shop over the weekend and they told me this morning there was less than 1 quart of oil that drained out!!!! I JUST purchased this vehicle and am getting no help from the dealership as it's over the "30 day/1,00 mile warranty" - I drove 200 miles to buy it from them and average about 700 miles A WEEK driving to and from work. I see no valid reason this vehicle should be losing this much oil. The service dept preformed a combustion check and no leaks were found. I will be monitoring my oil at least twice a day to see how fast it's burning.

Not having any help from the dealership and probably not from GM either as it's past the 100k powertrain warranty I'm at a loss to what I can do. It seems from every one's postings that this is a serious engine problem resulting in new engines. Does anyone have any advise for me?
  • aussieinvaaussieinva Member Posts: 8
    Hi,

A couple of things you can do to mitigate the errors with these engines.
    1/ Change the oil every 3,000 miles and make sure you change the filter at same time.
    2/ Make sure you use the 5W30 synthetic oil that GM recommends.
    3/ The white substance in the oil cap is atypical of these engines, usually caused by the build up of contaminants in the PCV filter on the engine. These PCV valves are easily changed, check a factory or Chiltens manual for instructions.
    4/ Make sure the oil is not leaking out past a bad seal...does the car drop oil when parked overnight?
    5/ The errors generated by the engine management system are easily cleared by purchasing your self a code checker from Sears or an auto store...camshaft positioner errors are usually caused by too thick and oil or too dirty an oil condition... make sure your oil filter has been changed by the dealer...its hard to get to the filter and some repair shops shortcut this action...resluts in clogged sensors and errors as you have reported.

If your engine has no physical oil leaks, but contiues to "use oil" you should be aware that GM indicates that these engines will consume oil at a rate of 1 quart for 3000 miles...excessive to me, but it is what it is.

The only option if the engine is actually burning the oil is to rebuild the engie or purchase a replacement GM unit...there were a lot of defective build GM engines, especially in the 2010 build year...you can search these forums for some horror stories...why this hasnt hit the national headlines as a disgrace to GM is beyond me...

Hope the above helps... :lemon:
  • carguy05carguy05 Member Posts: 30
    Dear
    Aussieinva, Sorry this will not be any help to you, but why would you buy a 2010 equinox with 102,000 miles or any american car with that mileage. I have the same car with 59,000 miles. and had oil burning problem early on, but now I use synthetic blend every 5000 miles and only have to add a quart every 2500-3000 miles. I will be getting tid of this car in 6 months. Good luck.
    rebcky27,
    Is the dealership you have been working with a GM dealership? Let us know if we can check into anything for you - we can be reached via email at [email protected] (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).
    Gosh ... I hate to say this, but I'd fill it with oil and sell it as quickly as you can. Many of us have had the exact problems, but were within the warranty period (at 43,000 miles mine is in the shop getting a new engine as we speak). The only thing that will solve your problem is a new engine - which of course will cost a fortune. I'd dump it as quickly as I can. You might also consult with a lawyer, because the dealer who sold the car to you certainly knew of the problems and should have represented them to you, I would think! You clearly had problems that you can document within 30 days of the purchase - even if you didn't report it within 30 days. I'd try it. Pressure from an attorney might help the dealer to take the lemon back. Good luck!!!
  • jpatrick2jpatrick2 Member Posts: 17
    I own a 2010 Equinox and have experienced some of the problems noted within this forum, though not as serious as many have. I only have about 50K miles, but just from what I see and read, I don't think this engine is going to have a long life.
    The engine aside, the Nox has been an enjoyable vehicle. We always got decent gas mileage and the ride, features and looks trump most of the competion IMO. That's all well and good, but without a decent engine you don't have much.
    So finally, here is my question. Based on all I've said above, I would buy another Nox if I were certain the 2010/2011 engines problems are history. Does anyone know for certain whether the 2013's have gotten a new engine or the old one modified? I'm speaking of the 4 Cyl. I don't see many posts from the 2012/2013 people that indicates they have the same issues. Any info appreciated.
  • rski43rski43 Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2013
    .....I dumped our 2010 last May & bought a 2012 w/ V6. Gas obviously goes faster, but all in all enjoy the rest of the vehicle's features like you. They had $1,500 rebate when buying a V6.
  • luminalady97luminalady97 Member Posts: 15
    Hi jpatrick2,
    I was also the owner of a brand new 2010 Enox (purchased July 2, 2010.) At 20,000 miles, many of the problems mentioned on this forum occured to my Enox all at once. Timing chains, engine noises, tensioners, etc. Long story short, my dealer was upfront about the 2010 Enox problems, loaned me a Traverse for 2 days, repaired all of the above mentioned issues, and the car ran much better.

That said, I have an elderly parent that I visit out of state quite often, and even though the 2010 ran much better, it was still in the back of my mind this car could go bad at any given moment.

I traded it in for a 2013, and when I started the engine on the 2013, I knew instantly it didnt sound ANYTHING like the 2010. IMO, it sounded like an engine is supposed to sound.

I have had the car for nearly 4 months, and have almost at 5,000 miles on the odometer. No issues thus far. I am getting MPG's that I NEVER got on my 2010. My 2010 MPG was 22/25. My 2013 is 24/27. I drive 70-75mph on the interstate, so I dont expect to get 32MPG. I doubt anyone really gets 32MPG.

I, too searched for issues with the 2013 before I bought one, and occasionally search since I bought mine. Thankfully, 99% of the posts were positive. I am hoping since my car is the 4th gen engine of the re-design that I will get at least 5 great years w/ no problems. If I dont, I have already determined my 2013 will be my last GM for the rest of my life. And I have been a loyal GM customer for 30 years!

Like you, I love the style, feel, design, features, and ride of the Enox so I really didnt want to give that up just yet, either. Thus far I am very pleased with the 2013. I have the base model 4 cyl, and I believe you will be just fine with a 2013.
    Glad to hear you are enjoying your 2013.
    You are right in that the chatter about major engine troubles seem to stop with the 2010's and 2011's. You would think that an alarm would go off at GM after two model years of problems, but time will tell.
    Thanks for your encouraging input.
  • kevinskkevinsk Member Posts: 2
    my 2010 is doing that exact thing. temp going hot. warning info on dash. no heat from heater.. did the water pump change fix your issues?
  • kevinskkevinsk Member Posts: 2
    mine doing the same thing. did you ever get the issue fixed?
    My 2010 did something similar a few months ago. The temp guage pegged on hot and I got the over heated warning. Luckily I was close to home. I shut the engine off and the fan continued to run as it would in an overheat situation. However, it was pretty clear that the engine was not in fact overheated. I called the dealer and they sent a tow truck. Ended up being a reprogram to the tune of $44. All is well now and as it turned out, this was just a computer thing and not an actual overheating situation....Which was good of course.
  • kay2316kay2316 Member Posts: 2
    As far as I am concerned, the car is still not running the way it should be. I will be driving down the road and the engine will start missing. It has not shut off on me again, but I believe it is only a matter of time. I have had the cruise control on going down the highway and the engine starts to miss and the cruise has actually shut off. I just do not feel safe in this car. I would love to get rid of my Equinox, but know I would take such a hit on it. I only have 26,000 miles on it. I cannot trust it to take long distances for fear of getting stranded. I think twice before pulling into traffic just in case the car decides to shut off. I think GM should buy them back.
    For what it's worth ... has your dealer done an oil consumption test? or have you noticed if the oil level is low? My problems were similar but all were due to a low oil level. You could very well have different problems but I'd want to eliminate the known oil consumption problem as the cause of your stalling.
  • nox10nox10 Member Posts: 1
    My 2010 Equinox would not go into gear. I was able to pull off the highway and turn the car off, when I tried to turn the car back on its makes noise like a plane powering up and down. Car was towed to a dealer and they suspect it is the transmission. After a complete day of sitting in the service lot at the dealer, car still not diagnosed and all I get is a bunch of excuses. GM customer care is no help and not worth a thing!
  • dan2330dan2330 Member Posts: 1
    A few issues I have had lately with my 2010 Equinox LTZ. About a year ago the Navigational System clock started to show the wrong hours each time I started the car. Found out just last week that this is a known issue by GM and that it would involve a $60 fix. The problem with the NAV system started to get worse, to the point that now all the saved addresses are gone for the GPS, and each time I start the car the whole radio goes into some sort of reset- The only thing that is consistent is my XM stations are all in memory.

About two weeks ago noticed the tail of the car was just opened on it's own a few times when parked in the garage. Have no idea why the tail was up it just was.

And now the engine problems. First indication was about a year ago as it stalled out at a traffic light and the CHECK STABILI TRACK light came on. Car started after re-start and ran fine. About two months ago the check engine light came on and when I got home had a urgent message from ON STAR that the vehicle needed service. GM Service guy said something about using a better grade gas in the car, come again, can it get any better than Premium?

And now today the car wont even start, the STABLI TRACK indicator came on again, car won't even turn over. Left the car in the garage used wife car to do errands came home and was going to try it again but the door locks won't even open now. Guess time to call GM service again, hope this isn't some bull about better gas again.. :sick:
  • rcurley1rcurley1 Member Posts: 1
    we have a 2013 Equinox that when we first picked up had an issue when you turn on the car the radio was dead the dealer did a host of things to it and for a couple of months seemed to be good but today it happened again. Has anyone else had this issue?
    Hi nox10,
    I am really sorry to that you are having issues with your Equinox. I would like to look into this for you. Can you private message me your full name, address, phone number, Vehicle Identification number, and approximate mileage on your vehicle please? My email address is [email protected] "Attn Crystal" in the subject line.

Sincerely,
    Crystal L. GM Customer Care
    edited April 2013
    Hello dan2330,

I've read over your post regarding the issues with your 2010 Equinox. If you need any further assistance regarding this issue we are here to help in any way possible. Please keep me updated on the status of your vehicle.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • alamo3alamo3 Member Posts: 3
    The radio and camera on my 2012 Equinox stopped working on two different occasions around 19,000 miles. Both times I continued to my destination without the use of either. Each time after restarting engine, both worked. The service tech at the dealer couldn’t duplicate the problem. He contacted GM. GM said that to fix the problem the radio needed to be reprogrammed with updated software. Both are working now. I’ll be very disappointed if the problem reoccurs. This is the first warranty issue that I’ve had with the Equinox.
    Update: I started the oil consumption test with my local GM Dealership 2 weeks ago, directly after discovering the issue. They had me come in every 500 miles to check the oil status. Friday was my second visit, 1,000 miles on a fresh oil change, they were able to confirm my Equinox IS consuming oil (down 1 1/2 quarts). Their solution is to replace parts in my engine, I asked specifically what but the technician wasn't sure, and I will have to pay a $200 deductible to them to perform the repair since I'm over the 100,000 powertrain warranty (105k).

I'm praying that this will solve my issue and without breaking my bank account!
  • catobearcatobear Member Posts: 1
    Bought my 2010 4-cyl brand new. At 24,714 miles, the high psi fuel pump was leaking into crankcase. They replaced high psi fuel pump and changed oil. At 36,263 miles, the car died in the middle of an intersection and wouldn't move. The cam actuator solenoid valve was replaced. They noticed it was 2.5 quarts low on oil (and, looking back at past oil changes, it has been low nearly every time). Started the oil consumption test. Took it back at 38,363 miles for the oil consumption test, and they said they were going to replace the entire engine.

Must give props to Heritage Chevrolet in Battle Creek, Michigan. They scheduled time to drop off my car and gave me a free loaner. I was expecting it would take days to get it back, but they put one mechanic on it and it's ready in 24 hours. Paul, the service manager, is fantastic. He said they have now replaced five engines in my model year at their facility.

I hope this is the end of my equinox troubles. Every car I've purchased myself has been a GM vehicle; the last two were purchased brand new. I want to stay GM-proud and feel confident with my vehicle's reliability. Please, please let this new engine be everything the original one wasn't!
    Hi rebcky27,

Great to hear that you were satisfied with your dealer service visit. If you have any further questions don't hesitate to contact us.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • eb1021eb1021 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    I got my 2010 Equinox LTZ slightly used in 2011. It has 60,000 miles on it. Now the mechanic tells me the A/C is going out and there's a part on the motor that needs to be replaced at a total cost of $2500. We've been going to them for 20 years so this isn't something they would lie about. We're a military family and we can't afford to sink money into a car that won't be reliable for us. We want to trade it in just to break even but with the problems, we're going to be under water if we try to do that! I will never ever buy a GM made product ever again! Someone needs to let others know that this car is a lemon and we were duped as consumers!! My tax dollars went into bailing this company out and I think others would agree it was clearly a mistake.
  • eb1021eb1021 Member Posts: 2
    To be more specific, the mechanic said the timing chain and the timing chain compressor are going out. It makes a weird raspy rattle when the car is on. He did mention he doesn't know how much longer it has until it fails completely. Also, the A/C compressor is going bad and he said it won't last until summer. Before I bought this car, we put a lot of research into it because like everyone else, we are on a budget. We were looking to stay with an American car maker that was reliable. I'm extremely disappointed in the quality of the car after only having it for 3 years. Our mechanic says if it were him, he would trade the car in now. He sees it being a potential money pit. And as I stated earlier, being a military family, we don't have that kind of cash to be throwing away on a car that could breakdown at any minute. At this point, even if it were under warranty, they would just fix it and I would be on edge waiting for the next part to break. I've lost faith in GM as a company and I'm leaning towards jumping ship now. On a side note, I posted this whole rant on facebook and 2 other friends have had to trade in their 2010/2011 Equinox! They made a lemon. Period.
  • tlockett78tlockett78 Member Posts: 1
    It's funny that you post this, cause my car is in the shop for the same thing. Not to mention it was just in the shop 2 months ago for a thottle body, which I had to come out of pocket for. This is the 4th trip to the shop for me this year. This is crazy! I went to trade back and they say I owe to muc, NO you guys just don't want it LIKE I DON'T!
    Hi eb1021,

I am really sorry to hear of your issue and can understand your frustration. I would like to look into this for you but need a little information from you to do so. Can you private message me your full name, address, phone number, Vehicle Identification number, and approximate mileage on your vehicle please? My email address is [email protected] "attn Crystal" in the subject header. I look forward to hearing from you.

Crystal L - GM Customer Care
    Hi eb1021,

I would first like to thank you and your family for your service to our country. I can understand your frustration with unexpected car repairs. I would like to look into this for you. Can you private message me your full name, address, phone number, Vehicle Identification number, dealer your visited, and approximate mileage on your vehicle please? My email is [email protected] "attn Crystal" in the subject header. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
    Crystal L. - GM Customer Care
  • genaggenag Member Posts: 1
    We just bought a 2010 Chevrolet equinox and noticed the little red light to the very right on the Onestar's mirror comes on intermittently. When I asked Onstar what that meant, they said "take it to a dealer". I asked what it could be and they wouldn't answer. I don't want to go to a dealer since they would want to charge me and face it, they all stretch the truth a bit. What could it be?
  • onstaradvisoronstaradvisor Member Posts: 2
    That red LED is letting you know something isn't connecting correctly. This could mean there is a connection error within the mirror or a temporary signal loss.

If the light does not stay on long enough for you to have an OnDemand Diagnostic pull up any information, you can take the vehicle to your dealership to have them check it out.

If we check all the settings and determine that the issue might be a physical concern, we refer to the dealership. Our dealerships are our physical counterparts to resolve concerns. We know that customers have varying levels of knowledge and experience involving vehicles and due to liabilities we want trained specialists to work on the vehicle.

I hope this helps!

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team
  • drummojtdrummojt Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    I purchased my 2010 equinox LT brand new with 17 miles and during the purchase bought the extended bumper to bumper. I then ONLY took my car to Chevy dealers for ALL work done including maintenance. I thought, by doing everything right, and being very careful with my first new car, all would be good. However, I have also succumbed to the oil consumption issue that I continously read about now online. I noticed first an increasing engine noise with what seemed to be a knocking sound, almost like a diesel engine. At that time, I replaced 3 qts of oil to go back to normal level on the dip stick (about 3500 miles after my oil change = about a qt per 1000mi). That day, I made an appointment at my dealer, Jim Ellis Chevrolet in Atlanta, GA. On my way to the dealer the engine went into limp mode, which required me to be towed. There, I again reiterated why I was there for the oil consumption, and now this engine that failed. I was informed that it was the throttle body sensor and they said they would replace it, but the part was on back order and it could be awhile. They told me they would look into the oil consumption while it was there. Unfortunately, on return for pickup, they stated that they did not change the oil (dip stick at time of my personal additional 3qts had what appeared to be metal shavings/deposits) and that I should drive an additional 2k miles for an oil consumption test. I was obviously unhappy with this plan as it did not make sense to drive with oil that was likely not appropriate. Additionally, the engine was never inspected as promised. Two weeks ago, I noted the sound of my engine started to increase again and with checking my oil dipstick regularly with this test, I noted another quart was gone after only 750 approx miles. I called the Jim Ellis dealer again and spoke directly to a tech after asking the original operator for further information concerning the plan of action. At that time I was told, by the tech, to fill the engine with another quart of oil and to NOT exceed the 5k mile limit from my previous oil change. I was told that "GM is watching closely" how dealers are dealing with this issue and that it needs to get fixed. Now (one week later), I am trying to get the dealer to look into this further and called again only to be told that I should never have put another quart of oil in the engine and that it needs to be looked at and done exclusively by the dealer. I was informed that I would have to get an oil change this Saturday and RESTART the oil consumption. My argument is that I have proven over 4.5k miles that I have now required 4 quarts of oil that there is a MAJOR problem that cannot continue to be ignored. I am incredibly disappointed in this service from GM and have now heavily reconsidered further purchasing another GM vehicle. Let this be added, that when the original oil issue was noted, I personally called GM and spoke to customer service, which offered to call the dealer and make sure they are doing the correct thing. Nothing more heard from them and am now questioning whether I can give this car to my expectant wife as this is probably less safe than her current 12 year old car. Sad in my opinion. Shame on GM for this level of care to their customers.
    edited April 2013
    Update 2: After opening the engine up they found zebra striping and significant scratches on the cylinder walls. They sent photos to GM and they approved the installation of a brand new engine with a 12 month/12,000mile warranty! Four days later and $200 out of my pocket I am one happy GM customer. My car is now running much smoother and so quiet in comparison.

Thank you GM for replacing my engine out of the 100k mile warranty without giving me any grief or hassle. Customer service really shows the true side of a business. I just wish the resolution wasn't so 'hidden' from other owners so they too can have a safe car to drive.
  • lsb1955lsb1955 Member Posts: 17
    I had zebra striping and scratches too. I don't understand the 12 month/12,000 mile warranty. I have a new engine too. My car had approximately 73,000 miles on it when I got the new engine and the warranty is good up to the 100k mile powertrain warranty. I didn't pay anything out of pocket.
  • audionuttyaudionutty Member Posts: 19
    I had zebra striping and oil consumption at 39k. Engine replaced. At 83K, same issue. Engine will need to be replaced again. not good gm.
  • mandamizemandamize Member Posts: 1
    I am having the same problem with my 2010 Equinox, Unfortunately my car is now 3 years old and is not covered, I could not afford the extended at the time of purchase, nor can I afford to purchase a brand new engine for my 3 year old vehicle. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
  • guill1234guill1234 Member Posts: 16
    I have he same problem on a 2010 equinox. I only has 37 k miles and it burns oil. This is ridiculous for a farly new vehicle and absurd that burning 1 qt every 1k miles is acceptable. Chevy need to do th right thing or lose me as a customer.
    Hi guill1234,

I can certainly understand your frustration. I would like to get you into a dealer to get this issue look at, and stay involved throughout the process. Can you private message me your full name, address, phone number, Vehicle Identification number, and approximate mileage on your vehicle please? My email address is [email protected] "attn Crystal" in the subject line. Look forward to hearing from you.

Crystal L - GM Customer Care
    My 2010 will do that when it is at freezing temperatures. Turn the car on, radio doesn't come on. If I turn the car off and turn it right back on the radio works. Try that. Chevy could never figure out how to solve it, but since I came up with this easy workaround, I didn't force the issue. This "solution" works every time.