Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Acadia Water Leaks

Comments

• copk9copk9 Member Posts: 2
    Hello All

I too am having problems with water coming into my 2007 Acadia...
    My Acadia only has 25 K miles on it.. Any ideas on what to do ?

Its rusting out my seat rails and shorting my fuse box .

I Love my Acadia except for this..

copk9
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    copk9,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Were you planning on taking the vehicle in to your local GM dealership? Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • acadiafearsacadiafears Member Posts: 1
    Tell me where you found it's source is? I have the same on my used 2007 SLT 2- a stale water smell after any rain. It over powers the usual nice leather smell in drier conditions.
    Please let me know what you found as this is my first GM and now I'm a bit worried I have made a mistake. I love the vehicle but hate the stale water smell!
  • copk9copk9 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2011
    I TOO HAD TROUBLE LIKE YOU , i COULD NOT FIND THE SOURCE AND WITH THE HOT SUMMER THE WATER WOULD DRY UP AND I COULD NOT TELL WHERE IT CAME FROM.
    However
    Last week we had a very bad rain. I went out as soon as it stopped and had over 1 inch of water in my front passenger wheelwell. It looked like it was coming along the headliner from the passenger/right rear corner of the rear sunroof then along just above the doors and down the right side windshield frame to the right front passenger floor
    My fuse box is affected also as I have no electric drivers seat now. Also all my seat mounts are rusting.... What a mess AND I bought mine as a GM certified used vehicle with only 17 K miles on it. Is a pure pleasure vehicle I love it and have pampered it
    Ive had it 2 1/2 yrs and only now has 25 K miles on it.. Its beautiful I am sick over this.

Caron
    The dealer who sold it to me was dropped by GM.
    I have been going to Bowser GMC in Pleasent hills just south east of Pittsburgh PA and have had so far very good service from them , I Hope they can make this right again I soo love my Acadia..
    Would you like me to let you know how it turned out ? I am going to take it in later this week
    I have another vehicle soo they can have it as long as it takes within reason..

I am hopeful ... Again I like this vehicle VERY much

copk9
    copk9,

Glad to hear you have had good service from Bowser GMC. Please keep me posted on any information from the dealership. I look forward to hearing from you.

You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc.

Thank you,
  • jane54jane54 Member Posts: 2
    My 2007 Acadia is beginning to be more of an aquarium than a car. When I first purchased it, they found the tubing was not hooked up, it was fixed, but now it is leaking even worse. It appears to be coming in near the back sunroof, I took it back to the garage, they sprayed water on it, but could find nothing. Yesterday we had a downpour and the car is completely saturated, coming out of the lights and out of the seatbelt holes in the third seat, I mean actually "pouring out". Taking it back tomorrow, however with GMC's infinite wisdom they took away our local dealership, now will have to travel 100 miles EACH way (and how many times?!?!) to get it fixed, IF they can fix it. VERY FRUSTRATED!! Good-bye GMC!!!
    jane54,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. By chance have you spoken with GM Customer Assistance? Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
  • jane54jane54 Member Posts: 2
    I just e-mailed GM Customer Assistance, and will continue to do so until something can be resolved. Thank you for responding to my complaint so promptly..... jane54
  • ginajenginajen Member Posts: 1
    I too am going through hell with a leak. I think it is the sunroof. A few weeks ago with a bad rain storm my whole passenger side had a pool of water. I then started to have my battery die out on me & had to have it jump started for 2 days until the dealer was able to take it in. This is after I had to bring it in for a timing chain recall. Now, less than a week later, after another bad rain, the water is coming in worse than before & on top of it my parking brake light keeps coming on when my parking brake is not engaged. I also have 2 little ones & love the set up of the car but, I am about done with all these problems. It is back at the dealer again, so let's see what happens next!
    ginajen,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Please keep me posted on any information from the dealership.

Thank you,
  • lexxpalexxpa Member Posts: 1
    This is my situation exactly. Got in the car today to be greeted by a SOAKED floor mat. The car felt "off" when backing out the driveway. By the time I was ready to park at my destination, the parking light was on, the Park assist Off message was displaying and the car was beeping like mad. VERY SCARY. I'm calling the dealership but am wondering if anyone has had any luck with getting help. The car smells HORRID and I'm now realizing that the allergy attacks our daughter has everytime she in the car for an extended time are related to this (mold???). I love, love, love this car and am so upset by this. I had been noticing a musty smell but this is the first time I've noticed so much water in the floorboard.

If you haven't had any luck with the dealer, what have you done?
    lexxpa,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with water leaking inside the vehicle. Please keep me posted on any information from the dealership. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,
  • hmarie7hmarie7 Member Posts: 7
    I am so over the leaks that this vehicle has! (along with ALL of the other problems!) I can not believe that GMC would make such a horrible vehicle!! They should be ashamed! My car smells absolutely awful due to the carpet being wet, etc. I should not have to go out to the car everytime it rains and soak up the water and leave the doors open for it to air out. To top if off I went to start it the other morning and it wouldn't start. Second time in 3 months. Nothing was left on inside the vehicle. The last time it happened I had been driving it when it was raining and the rear windshield wiper continued to operate even in the off position!! I'm guessing the fuses or something are getting wet and causing issues there. So we jumped it that time and no other starting problems until 2 days ago. We just had the oppurtunity to take the battery out and carry it up to auto part store and what do we find when we take the battery but the battery sitting in a puddle of water!!!! I thought only the front passenger carpet was wet. Well I was wrong. I guess it has rained so much these past two weeks that it has caused so much leaking that it is wet back there to. Only good news is that the battery is still good just dead. Of course it still works, gmc didnt make that! Thankfully my father has a battery charger so it is over there now getting charged!!
    Oh yeah and I so do not like that you can't get your key back when the car is dead. I called GMC about that last time because I had to leave it in the driveway with the key in it while I went to work and they said it is a safety feature. Really? Because now it is sitting out there with the keys in it and unlocked (since they are power) so all someone has to do is go jump it and wa la. Of course maybe that wouldn't be bad! lol
    Has anyone had anything to done to their Acadia that resolved the leaks? From what I'm reading in various places there really isn't anything that can be done. It is just a bad overall design!
    hmarie7,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Have you spoken with GM Customer Assistance? If so, could you please email us your case number? We would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
  • michele2377michele2377 Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2011
    I'm the owner of a 2007. It has started the dreaded leak. It's ridiculous to have your kids in the back crying because the water is coming out of the seat belts and drenching eveyrone. for a 40k$ car - this is not OK by any means.

Since we have discovered the leak we have not been able to take it into our one and only GMC dealer in town to have it "diagnosed". (To diagnose that - yes it is leaking -is 100$ right off the top). Then when they agree with us that it is indeed leaking; they will discuss a cost to repair. This is BS.

It has taken me litterally all of a 30 min online search to see that there are thousands and thousands of unhappy Acadia owners concerning water leakage. So why is there no recall or repair bulletin at these dealers to fix this?? Why do I, the one paying hundreds of dollars a month for the privelage to drive this boat on wheels , have to pay a dealer 100$ to tell me that its leaking? I sit in the must bucket every day - I know its friggen leaking! Why as a consumer of your vehicle do I then have to pay 100s of dollars to stop the leak? I refuse to. I will not pay upwards of 500$ to fix what my Duct tape is helping in small amounts do.

Thats right, you read the right - I have duct tape my sun roof thus far. (taking away the use of it, but it seemed to slow down the rain forest effect inside the vehicle as of right now). I have since heard it running through the vehicle as I've accelerated, etc - so the moon roof is next on my duct tape escapade. I will duct tape this car until I can drive without wearing my rain coat. I have been asked by no less then 3 people why I have duct tape on my 40k SUV - and I've told them exactly why. I'm sure they've told others about the crazy duct tape lady and so on. I've even pulled into a dealership that I saw a couple looking at a brand new Acadia, rolled down my window, and asked them to please partake in my lovely new Acadia smell. Needless to say they thanked me and left the dealership.

I guess I'll now get the please contact GMC customer service email. I can't wait for my free oil changes! :)
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    If you think that duct tape works well imagine how well silicone caulking would work...
  • patannadelpatannadel Member Posts: 1
    Anyone had any success getting GM to fix leaky Acadia Suv's?
    michele2377,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle.

I would like to set up a case with GM Customer Assistance. In order to start the process I will need your complete contact information (including full name, mailing address and phone number), VIN, current mileage and the involved dealership sent to me in an email. Also, could you please provide your screen name used on the forum?

Thank you,
    patannadel,

Are you currently experiencing any problems with your vehicle leaking?

Thank you,
  • sandra33sandra33 Member Posts: 5
    I have a 2008 Acadia, which I bought new and I used to say what a fabulous vehicle it was. That changed several months ago. The check engine light turned on and it would no longer start. Turned out water had gotten in the fuse box and made a mess of everything. That was repaired for a fee. The dealership thought maybe I had a windshield replaced and it wasn't done right. That wasn't the case here. I kept thinking it was just my imagination but there is always drips here and there, including from the air bag area. Today we had alot of rain and I kid you not, it was spraying out of my door post. After reading a few of these post I went out and sure enough my floors were wet everywhere, except in the very back were wet. I think I will be having many major electrical problems in very near future. What should I do next? Sandra33
  • srqnjdsrqnjd Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone had resolution to the water leaks? My 2008 Acadia just started leaking from the 3rd row lights. I have an appointment this Wednesday? Just looking for any resolution updates? Thanks
    sandra33,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Can you please send me your VIN? Have you spoke with the dealer? If not I would definitely recommend doing so. I can also set up a case for you with GM Customer Service. I look forward to your email!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    srqnjd,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Please keep me updated on your situation after you speak with the dealer. I look forward to your update.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • imeanreallyimeanreally Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a used 2008 GMC Acadia SLT2 a few months ago. All of a sudden in the last storm I hadn't parked in the garage and went to drive my car the next day. I got down the street and saw water pouring in through the reverse sensor lights on the headliner and the reading lights, then saw water coming from the seatbelts, airbag signs etc. The car is now dead and must be jumped with a check engine light on. We are up to 48k miles but have an extended warranty that I am finding means nothing! I called GM and was advised that they are sorry to hear I am having the same issues as the recall vehicles but unfortunately my VIN is not included in the 2008 recall!!! NOW WHAT??? How can you have a recall issue but it be deemed not included when it is something of this magnitude!!
    Thank you for responding so promptly. My VIN # is 1GKER23788J243016
    Sincerely, Sandra33
    imeanreally,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Since you have spoken with GM Customer Assistance could you please email me your case number? I would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
    sandra33,
    I would recommend speaking with your dealer. There is an open Customer Satisfaction Program for your vehicle. While your in there I would ask them about the water leaks. Please update me on your situation.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    My Acadia visited our local GMC dealership today where we purchased it from.
    I showed the tech all the diffferent places the water had been coming in from,
    there were numerous. He was interested in getting it fixed, they always do a good job--no complaints here on that one. By the time I got home from work my vehicle was finished, so my husband brought it home. The service manager said the tech cleaned out the sunroof drain/checked sunroof adjustments/cleaned weather strip and sealing area, checked for bulletins, water test and drove--no water came in. He also did a recall on it too--replaced the front seat mounted side impact airbag connectors. He was very sincere when he said if we even think there is a leak to bring it back immediately. I have hope it is fixed. To our suprise, on the bill it was marked no charge. Sandra33
  • rstringerrstringer Member Posts: 1
    2008 Acadia. This is a great car if not for the leak problems. Three years running had major leak issues. Very poor design of the Sun Roof drainage. 1) A recall because the drain tubes were to short, this caused major short circuits in the fuse block which is mounted so low that is under water when leaks fill the floor. 2) Drains in the Sun Roof clog and water runs down the side panels and inside the windshield to create havoc with electrical switches and computer. 3) While we do live in Washington state where there is much rain but little sun. The Sun Roof is seldom if ever open, again clogged drain, replaced damaged switches and fuse block (again), and carpet pad to the tune of $1,200. In a dry climate this car may excel in a wet climate it is sorely lacking. Just got this car back yesterday and I pray for a dry winter.
    sandra33,
    I am happy to hear things went well! Sounds like you have a great working relationship with your dealer, and we appreciate your loyalty. If you need anything else feel free to contact me. Enjoy your day!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    I have to say that my acadia went through a couple of rainy days and it hasn't leaked yet. Hopefully it just needed the sunroof adjusted and the drains cleaned out and now it is all good:) Thanks, Sandra33
    rstringer,

I apologize for the problems you have experienced with the leaking. Please keep us posted if you have any problems this winter.

Thank you,
  • amandab331amandab331 Member Posts: 4
    I am an original owner of a 2007 Acadia SLT2 (which cost a pretty penny I might add). I live in Central California. We had out 1st rain of the season last night and I was surprised at what I found when I got in my car. My dashboard, over the glove compartment was wet. I could not tell if it was coming from the windshield or from the sunroof because it was 6:45am and it was still dark outside. I got in the car and started driving and all of a sudden there was a sound of water sloshing around and it sounded like it was INSIDE the roof. I am a single mom, one income and I work 12 hrs a day. I am extremely upset (could be due to all the other issues I have had with the car) and I am absolutely irritated and have NO energy or time to even deal with the dealership, who I am sure will tell me to bring the car in and then tell me the can’t find anything wrong. My time is valuable and limited. I saw other posts of the same problem that others were having on Edmunds.com. I want something done and I want the car fixed. I can’t afford another car or crazy repair bills because of the poor workmanship on my car.
  • kvrealtorkvrealtor Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    We had a ton of rain here in northeast this past week and my sunroof or maybe windshield is leaking and now i think i am having electrical problems bc my radio randomly turns on with no key in ignition and my car won't shut off right away after taking key out...weird stuff...help anyone???
    kvrealtor,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Were you planning on taking the vehicle a GM dealership? Please keep me posted when the issue has been taken care of.

Thank you,
  • sadownerohsadowneroh Member Posts: 8
    We just picked up our used 2008 Acadia SLT1 Monday night (10/10). I "was" the car I have been waiting for for 9 1/2 years. We are single income family who takes care of what we have and holds on to cars as long as we can. So I thought I had researched this model but as I found out last night finding this forum, I did not. At first I felt so blessed to find the make/model that fit our predetermined budget..it was just everything I wanted and I couldn't believe it fit our budget. When I did test drive it last Thursday, I noticed moisture near the roof of the moonroof. The dealer said they would take a look at the seal. Upon agreeing to buy it Sat., they said they had fixed the problem the replaced the "front" sunroof seal that was the problem. It was literally the only "flaw" that I saw..beautiful shape coming off a lease. We only had Monday night to pick up due to husband working out of state coming home for weekend. It was dark when we finally got the keys to take home. So we didn't notice any moisture/water noise that night driving home. The next morning taking my sick son to the doctor's, we pulled out of our drive to a rush of water coming in through the passenger airbag and we heard water just rushing around above. Being my son home sick all week, I didn't drive it again until last night (Thurs.) in the rain(we live in Ohio) to find more water coming in passenger side AND water dripping on my hand while driving coming in through the driver airbag! I felt sick. I immediately Googled "Acadia water leakage" to find this forum.

So, here I am with a car that I've had for four days with a problem that seems to be huge and never ending. My husband and I won't be making our first payment until 11/24. Our state's lemon law not for used cars. In reading every discussion since the beginning, we don't have the money to spend on continually fixing the roof...we took money out of our very small savings for the down payment. I don't want to take to the dealer we bought from for repairs since they are not GM dealer and obviously didn't know how to fix the problem anyway..they are an hour away too. I think we are going to take it to a local GMC dealer to get their opinion and see our options. Again, we do not have any extra money right now to pay for extensions, seals, etc. We had planned on having this car for the next 6+ years. By the way my son has asthma so from reading this discussion the water I'm sure is going to be an issue....ugh!

Caron and Christina from GM customer service, you have been involved in this forum...what should we do???
  • guy559guy559 Member Posts: 3
    Hi all,

First question - with all the issues with body welds and water intrusion, why hasn't there been some sort of class action lawsuit brought against GM (whether car is in/out of warranty)?

That being said, here's our situation:

My family and I just returned from a 3 1/2 year tour in Japan with the U.S. Navy. In anticipation of our return, my wife searched through a lot of vehicles and specs for a car that would meet the needs of our growing family, and fell in love with the GMC Acadia. We did a lot of research, but didn't hear anything concerning water intrusion.

We returned at the end of July, and I purchased a used 2008 GMC Acadia SLT2 for my wife -- her dream car! We bought it from a dealer in Texas the week after returning, and promptly drove it to our new duty station in Rhode Island. Two weeks after moving here (in August) we started to notice a strong musty smell in the car. It has rained numerous times since then, and the smell has only gotten worse. We thought that it might be the A/C unit, so we bought some spray to clean the A/C intakes and vents, but it only masked the underlying odor. Fast forward to today, when we noticed the smell was back in force (rained hard last night), and this time there was water trickling down the driver side frame beneath the dash. We also drove it tonight, and noticed that there was significant water under the driver side floor mat and the bottom gauge cluster lights have shorted out - a safety hazard.

Unfortunately, this is our only family car, leaving us with very little recourse. GMCCUSTSERV, it appears that you are actively working to assist members of the Edmunds forums. I will send you an email immediately to see if you can help. My wife LOVES her car, but we paid a significant amount of money to have it moldy, shorting out, and leaking after two months of ownership - please help!

All the best,
    Guy
  • donl1donl1 Member Posts: 112
    You didn't do much research on the Acadia if water leaks suprise you. There is another Acadia forum that has 44 freakin' pages of leaks related to the sun/moon roof.
  • guy559guy559 Member Posts: 3
    Point well taken, though in our defense, we didn't think to search Google for "Acadia water leaks" during our vehicle search...
    sadowneroh,
    I apologize for your inconvenience. Can you please email me your VIN and current mileage? I look forward to your email.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    I agree with you Guy. Whether or not we all may or may not have researched or known about the water leaks, does not make this situation right at all. There is a huge problem here effecting I'm sure thousands of people.

Since my first post, we have had water pouring in through both front airbags, rear dome lights, DVD sensor, back seatbelts, and coming in through front dash so that both carpets/mats in front of the passenger and driver are saturated. My stomach is sick thinking about the electrical and other damage we are going to face.

We went to a local GM dealer Friday (day 4 of ownership) to talk with service dept there. They actually have a "water guy" for this situation and we have an appointment this Thursday. They have a water guy...what does that tell you.

As of Saturday night we had to make room in our garage for the Acadia and put our basement humidifier in it and ran it until 1pm today in order to help dry it out. We are trying to prevent mold/mildew. I drove it today because there is not rain to try and get all my errands done for the week since there is rain in the forecast. What new vehicle owner has to live like this? I wonder how the CEO and other officers of GM sleep at night?

I have been doing more research on other forums, blogs, YouTube, etc. I have filed a complaint with NHTSA (easy to do on-line), looking into my state's attorney general's site, and plan on writing e-mails to local and national investigative reporters. I'm trying to do all that I can do shy of getting a lawyer which I cannot afford. My husband and I also feel like the dealerships need to take some responsibility for a lot of these cases. How many people just on this forum purchased "used" cars. We find it very hard to believe that these dealerships did not know anything about the water leakage especially since it has been going on since 2007. We feel this is sales fraud.

I have owned my dream car for one week today. What a difference a week makes.
    We found another problem yesterday with our Acadia. While pulling it back into the garage yesterday before the rain, I noticed spots on the garage floor. They were transmission fluid spots from the Acadia. It is the very first car we have parked in our garage in the 13 years we've lived there. Thoroughly disgusted now, my husband calls our original sales person to see if we can get out our sale (doesn't hurt to ask). Upon hearing about the transmission, he said they wanted a chance to make it right. I am now driving it an hour away back to them so they can use a GM dealership they have a relationship with to fix the sunroof leaks and transmission at no cost to us (we will see). They will be providing me with transportation. I have printed off the drain tube extender recall sheets and found on my own using the part number that the GM drain tubes are only $7.59 on line. If it turns out that an inexpensive part could be the cause of thousands of dollars in potential damage due to water leakage, that is amazing.

I found the forum on transmissions and steering problems last night. A lot to read. I cannot see how I will ever have solid peace of mind going forward with this vehicle (even if they "fix" it) without thinking of the steering locking, transmission falling apart, electrical equipment failing, water leaking, etc. Very stressful. I saw when I was logging onto this forum the ad for the Acadia and it says it was the Consumer Digest's top consumer buy.....
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited October 2011
    Consumers Digest isn't like Consumer's Reports or Edmunds.com for that matter. (Our ad department is "firewalled" from the editorial side, often to the consternation of the people trying to sell the ads).

"After choosing Consumers Digest Best Buys in each category, the magazine may license the right to use the Consumers Digest Best Buy logo to manufacturers. The magazine chose 15 General Motors vehicles for its 2010 "Best Buy" awards, and then GM licensed the right to use Consumers Digest's seal in its advertising." (Wiki)

It's sort of like buying an award.
    I am glad to heat that you are planning to work with the dealer. Please feel free to keep us posted regarding your progress. If you have any questions in the meantime feel free to contact Christina by email. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  • aliciaashookaliciaashook Member Posts: 3
    Purchased 2008 Acadia 4 years ago ant it has been garage kept up until two months ago( building house and rental doesn't have garage) We have been experiencing leaking from the sunroof/drain tubes since the time we bought the car. In the past month, the car has been in the shop 7 times for the same problem. Everytime I pick it up from the dealership, they assure me that it is fixed. Well guess what... Whenever it rains, the inside headliner of the car is wet.

I absolutely love this car but I can not take the leaking. Has GM ever offered anyone an extended warranty for their car just in case other issues arise from the after damage? Anyone ever pursued a lemon law suit?
    We picked up our '08 Acadia last night (Mon.) from the dealership that we purchased it from who have been just great in dealing with us. They in turn took it to a GM dealership last Thursday to put in the drain tube extenders and fix the transmission leaks. According to the service report they installed the extended drain tubes and replaced the transmission cooler line. They also purposely left it out in the rain yesterday and no water came in. Our dealership water hosed tested it themselves when they got it with no water coming in. Again, our dealership has just been great in helping us with this situation and have promised to be there for us if needed in the future. We have opened their eyes to the Acadia leak problem I think.

Our fingers are crossed at this point...we want to be hopeful but with so many other post and the latest one it is hard. Tomorrow it is supposed to rain and we will be leaving it outside for our test....we need to know we can use it in the rain. Keep you posted.
    sadowneroh,
    I am glad to hear everything is going well and you have a good working relationship with your dealer. If you continue to experience concerns please feel free to email me and let me know. Enjoy your week!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • debbie66debbie66 Member Posts: 1
    I found out my sunroof was leaking after a heavy rain when I turned a corner and all of a sudden water started pouring through my remote buttons for the garage door openers and around the seal of the front window..it was horrible. I had noticed a musty odor for months and couldn't figure out where it was coming from. I went right to my GMC dealer and they wanted 149.00 just to look at it...I said are you kidding me...this is all over the internet about this problem..so I left and I did find a letter on the internet to the mechanics on how the tubing from the sunroofs were made to short and they don't drain properly...but, yet no recall? I have been a loyal GMC owner for 25 years. Never again. I guess I have to drive around with this problem or maybe send this letter to an editor of a local paper and get some response...very, very disappointed by GMC...also, my lift gait won't stay open and slams on my head, most likely due to a short from all of the water.

Debbie Jenkins
    We celebrated too early. I got into my Acadia a couple hours ago to run errands to find the headliner and my front floor mats/carpet filled with water. It had rained all night, but I live in Ohio it's going to rain and we are going to have lots of snow. When I put my fingers into the corners of the liner at both the sunroof and the moonroof, I can feel the sitting water. When I opened the sunroof to check out the black tray that is suppose to hold any water between the two windows and take out the two front holes which I can clearly see, it was dry! I do not know where the water is coming in, but my liner under the black tray is filled. When I went to move water was coming in all of the same places in my original post. We just picked it up Monday night. I immediately called my dealer and being the very accommodately people they are said to bring it in as soon as possible. So now I'm leaving to drive an hour each way to drop it off again. GM this is not fair.
    debbie66,
    Can you please email me with your VIN and current mileage? I apologize for your frustrations. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service